Delta Airlines steps in to the political fray - Attacks Conservatives

Because public figures, celebrities and the rich have more rights than anyone else?

No, they have more access to publicity to the media than anyone else. Inconveniencing passengers is bad business ... inconveniencing passengers who can destroy you in the press is stupid business.

Ann Coulter forced to give up her seat on a Delta Airlines Flight......Delta refuses to say why.

However, they've gone full tilt blasting her over it.....(and still no explanation)

Delta blasts Ann Coulter after Twitter rant, calls her comments 'unacceptable'

It could have been a 'personal thing'....but corporate has gone on the rant so it's definitely coming from Delta HQ.
And what was the content of the "blast" against Coulter?

Here are the two tweets in question from Delta's social media team:
  1. We're sorry you did not receive the preferred seat you paid for and will refund your $30.
  2. Additionally, your insults about our other customers and employees are unacceptable and unnecessary.
Why did they say the second line? Let's check Coulter's tweets:
  • Hey @Delta, if it was so important for the dachshund-legged woman to take my seat, she should have BOOKED THE SEAT IN ADVANCE. Like I did.
  • Airline crew training at @Delta: Replicate Stanley Milgram's prison experiment at Yale, inducing normal ppl to brutally torture fellow man.
  • This will be a more pleasant flight, provided they don't use @Delta flight attendants.
Coulter should have gotten the seat she paid for. But this is about $30 and three inches of legroom.

Now, OP: Can you please explain to everyone how denying one person three inches of legroom is an attack against conservatives? Or are conservatives such easily triggered snowflakes that being denied a tiny amount of legroom is equivalent to, as Coulter put it, brutal torture?

While we're on the subject, how is saying "your insults are unacceptable" equivalent to "full tilt bashing"? Maybe, just maybe, you're a little troll hoping to stir up trouble and further divide this country.

Go back to class, middle schooler.
What the fuck does "dachshund-legged woman" mean? The woman/young lady looked cute.

DE6lIZ1XYAAvKgz.jpg

Because public figures, celebrities and the rich have more rights than anyone else?

No, they have more access to publicity to the media than anyone else. Inconveniencing passengers is bad business ... inconveniencing passengers who can destroy you in the press is stupid business.
Delaying a flight for weather is an inconvenience, flying through a thunderstorm can get you killed.

Going out of business inconveniences passengers too. Raising ticket prices to account for no-shows inconveniences passengers too. Frankly, I do wish they'd all stop overbooking, but the financial aspects make it unlikely. In this case, it wasn't overbooking, just moving passengers around. On reflection, the cabin crew might have handled it better, but maybe they did and Coulter was just being an asshole about moving. Something like this: "I own this fucking seat God dammit!!!! Get the fuck away from me you sky *****!!!!'

I don't know why Coulter was moved to another seat in the same row. I suspect it was to keep a family of three together, but that isn't confirmed. If she was moved to a middle seat, I'd be fucking pissed too, but I don't see if she was moved to an aisle or window seat. From the pix, I suspect it was an aisle seat across the aisle from her original seat. Again, unconfirmed.

Ann Coulter forced to give up her seat on a Delta Airlines Flight......Delta refuses to say why.

However, they've gone full tilt blasting her over it.....(and still no explanation)

It could have been a 'personal thing'....but corporate has gone on the rant so it's definitely coming from Delta HQ.
And what was the content of the "blast" against Coulter?

Here are the two tweets in question from Delta's social media team:
  1. We're sorry you did not receive the preferred seat you paid for and will refund your $30.
  2. Additionally, your insults about our other customers and employees are unacceptable and unnecessary.
Why did they say the second line? Let's check Coulter's tweets:
  • Hey @Delta, if it was so important for the dachshund-legged woman to take my seat, she should have BOOKED THE SEAT IN ADVANCE. Like I did.
  • Airline crew training at @Delta: Replicate Stanley Milgram's prison experiment at Yale, inducing normal ppl to brutally torture fellow man.
  • This will be a more pleasant flight, provided they don't use @Delta flight attendants.
Coulter should have gotten the seat she paid for. But this is about $30 and three inches of legroom.

Now, OP: Can you please explain to everyone how denying one person three inches of legroom is an attack against conservatives? Or are conservatives such easily triggered snowflakes that being denied a tiny amount of legroom is equivalent to, as Coulter put it, brutal torture?

While we're on the subject, how is saying "your insults are unacceptable" equivalent to "full tilt bashing"? Maybe, just maybe, you're a little troll hoping to stir up trouble and further divide this country.

Go back to class, middle schooler.
What the fuck does "dachshund-legged woman" mean? The woman/young lady looked cute.

DE6lIZ1XYAAvKgz.jpg
Shows what a slimeball Coulter can be

She is welcome to trash Delta for poor service........but to turn the wrath of her sick supporters onto an innocent woman is pretty pathetic

kinda hard to say at this point. from what i understand there *are* emergencies that can cause people to need to be seated together. death in the family, other family crisis type things - all of which would be private to the family in question.

to assume delta is targeting conservatives is just a tad premature at this point i would think. i'll wait for all details before refusing to fly delta ever again - of which i never do anyway. :)

Multi billion dollar multinational corporation picks on an individual female.

Delta is misogynist as hell.

Hate crime! Boycott Delta!!

Delaying a flight for weather is an inconvenience, flying through a thunderstorm can get you killed.

Going out of business inconveniences passengers too. Raising ticket prices to account for no-shows inconveniences passengers too. Frankly, I do wish they'd all stop overbooking, but the financial aspects make it unlikely. In this case, it wasn't overbooking, just moving passengers around. On reflection, the cabin crew might have handled it better, but maybe they did and Coulter was just being an asshole about moving. Something like this: "I own this fucking seat God dammit!!!! Get the fuck away from me you sky *****!!!!'

I don't know why Coulter was moved to another seat in the same row. I suspect it was to keep a family of three together, but that isn't confirmed. If she was moved to a middle seat, I'd be fucking pissed too, but I don't see if she was moved to an aisle or window seat. From the pix, I suspect it was an aisle seat across the aisle from her original seat. Again, unconfirmed.
don't get me wrong - i'd be seriously mad if i booked a flight months in advance and chose to get extra legroom due to my own side. ok, fine. i'll pay extra and not be cramped like a sardine for hours on end that *will* make my back hurt for a week or so when done.

if i'm sitting in my chair that i paid extra for and was moved to standard seating w/no extra room yes - i'd be mad as hell too. esp if i was not given a reason why. i know there can be and likely are good reasons for this, but it wouldn't help me to know that my explicit arrangements to not be a sardine have gone to hell for that particular flight.

Ann can complain on Twitter.

Liberals in charge of Delta's media relations can blast Coulter.

At least Delta didn't beat her like United beat the AsIan physician until he had knocked out teeth and brain damage.
Sweetie pie, when are you going to shut your pathetically ignorant mouth. You know NOTHING about the details of this situation, but still prefer to turn it into politics. Just go STFU for once in your miserable existence.
Coulter politicized it with her Tweets:

Ann Coulter on Twitter
So why is our middle & working class suffering? NOT ROBOTS! Globalism & mass immigration. Immigrants take American jobs (& seats on @Delta).

Ann Coulter on Twitter
Hey @Delta, if it was so important for the dachshund-legged woman to take my seat, she should have BOOKED THE SEAT IN ADVANCE. Like I did.

I'm still trying to figure out what she meant by "dachshund-legged woman". Did she think the woman was German?

She attacked the flight attendants too. I'm guessing Coulter will have more than a few tomato juices spilled on her every time she flies regardless of airline: Ann Coulter on Twitter
Suck-ass @Delta spends all this $$$ on beautiful aircraft & then hire Nurse Ratchets as flight attendants & gate agents.

Coulter is just another RW Snowflake throwing a twitter tantrum when they don't get their way

Maybe one day the airlines will learn giving the seat one person paid for to someone else is not good business and that they will always be the one who comes off looking bad.
Should we nationalize the airlines? No. Pass federal laws dictating how they should be run? Already done. As a frequent flyer, I, too, wish they'd stop overbooking, but as a savvy traveler, I know why they do it just like I know why they charge for extra luggage.

While I agree, on the surface, it looks bad, but underneath, they're on marginal profit line; feast and famine. They're still paying off debt from the Great Recession and paying off modernizing their fleets: Airline Industry Financial Strength, Sales per Employee, Debt to Equity, Quick Ratio, Leverage Ratio by Company

What is the average debt/equity ratio of airline companies?
The average long-term debt/equity ratio of companies in the major airlines industry is 104.89, which indicates that for every $1 of shareholders' equity, the average company in the industry has $104.89 in total liabilities. Since the major airline industry is highly capital-intensive, companies in this industry tend to have high debt/equity ratios.

Similarly, the average long-term debt/equity ratio of companies in the regional airlines industry is 78.16, indicating that the average company in the regional airlines industry has $78.16 in debt per $1 of shareholders' equity.

The average of the long-term debt/equity ratios of companies in the airlines sector is 91.53, or (104.89 + 78.16) / 2. This average includes the long-term debt/equity ratios of large-, mid- and small-cap companies. Delta Air Lines Inc. has a long-term debt/equity ratio of 105.82; American Airlines Group Inc. has 684.59; United Continental Holdings, 408.44; Spirit Airlines Inc., 30.39; and Virgin America Inc., 28.39. American Airlines and United Continental are using high debt levels to finance their growth compared to the overall sector.
I don't dispute anything you said but airlines acting like dicks and treating passengers crappy especially in this age of social media is not going to help them with any of that it might make their situation worse. This has likely been going on with airlines longer than most of us realize but now passengers have a way to make their complaints known nation wide in an instant something they didn't have for a long time and something airlines will have to adapt to.

At least Delta didn't beat her like United beat the AsIan physician until he had knocked out teeth and brain damage.
Sweetie pie, when are you going to shut your pathetically ignorant mouth. You know NOTHING about the details of this situation, but still prefer to turn it into politics. Just go STFU for once in your miserable existence.

Ann Coulter on Twitter
So why is our middle & working class suffering? NOT ROBOTS! Globalism & mass immigration. Immigrants take American jobs (& seats on @Delta).

Ann Coulter on Twitter
Hey @Delta, if it was so important for the dachshund-legged woman to take my seat, she should have BOOKED THE SEAT IN ADVANCE. Like I did.

I'm still trying to figure out what she meant by "dachshund-legged woman". Did she think the woman was German?

She attacked the flight attendants too. I'm guessing Coulter will have more than a few tomato juices spilled on her every time she flies regardless of airline: Ann Coulter on Twitter
Suck-ass @Delta spends all this $$$ on beautiful aircraft & then hire Nurse Ratchets as flight attendants & gate agents.

Delta threatened by a woman on twitter.

Wow, that's so pathetic.

Last edited:

Ann Coulter on Twitter

Ann Coulter on Twitter

never been much of a fan of hers or know that much about her. supposedly a talking head for the right but talking heads on either side annoy me so i never pay attention to them.

but yea - i'd be mad but if delta said this was a family emergency they can't disclose more (if even that) i'd not be happy and may even ask how long for the next flight if my legroom was that important - and it would be to me - and ask about that.

i'm guessing since from reading all this today she's a very tall women, hence paying extra for legroom. the dog comment is cause the person in her seat likely didn't need the legroom.

i do wonder why if this was an issue they didn't seat them in standard coach and let the people who paid extra keep their seats and simply move coach for coach.

She attacked the flight attendants too. I'm guessing Coulter will have more than a few tomato juices spilled on her every time she flies regardless of airline:
That would be dumb on their part. I assume she was meaning a short legged woman. Have you seen Daschunds?

Social media is becoming a public restroom wall.

don't get me wrong - i'd be seriously mad if i booked a flight months in advance and chose to get extra legroom due to my own side. ok, fine. i'll pay extra and not be cramped like a sardine for hours on end that *will* make my back hurt for a week or so when done.

if i'm sitting in my chair that i paid extra for and was moved to standard seating w/no extra room yes - i'd be mad as hell too. esp if i was not given a reason why. i know there can be and likely are good reasons for this, but it wouldn't help me to know that my explicit arrangements to not be a sardine have gone to hell for that particular flight.
From the looks of it, she was moved to another seat in the same row meaning the same legroom. Again, I don't know if it was a middle or end seat.

She also changed seats less than 24 hours before, which is a fact, not an excuse, but may have contributed to the issue. However, I don't see how since it's all computerized; either the seat is filled or it's empty. In this case, I'm guessing the passengers booked after Coulter and it was a group of three (probably family with the Dad flanked by two kids/young adults) which was split across the row. Moving Coulter across the aisle into a seat with the same legroom, especially if it was another aisle seat, shouldn't have been a big issue.....for normal, sane, non-attention whore people

She attacked the flight attendants too. I'm guessing Coulter will have more than a few tomato juices spilled on her every time she flies regardless of airline:
That would be dumb on their part. I assume she was meaning a short legged woman. Have you seen Daschunds?

Social media is becoming a public restroom wall.
I have no idea about her dachshund reference. They're German hunting dogs. It could be because she was short, but I doubt it. Maybe she'll clarify in another bathroom scribble. :)

True. Tweets are no better than restroom wall writing and the people who send tweets are no better than bathroom scribblers.

Coulter is of the Aristocrat class. Since the election of trump, Americans should get used to the proper way to relate to Aristocrats like Ann.

...i do wonder why if this was an issue they didn't seat them in standard coach and let the people who paid extra keep their seats and simply move coach for coach.
Usually seats in the same row have all the same leg length. This can vary in different configurations but generally runs true.

It appears the group of three did pay for the legroom (the man in the middle (father?)) and Coulter was only asked to move from her aisle seat to one across the aisle.

Forum List

Back