Delta Airlines steps in to the political fray - Attacks Conservatives

I'm still trying to figure out what she meant by "dachshund-legged woman". Did she think the woman was German?

She attacked the flight attendants too. I'm guessing Coulter will have more than a few tomato juices spilled on her every time she flies regardless of airline:
That would be dumb on their part. I assume she was meaning a short legged woman. Have you seen Daschunds?

Social media is becoming a public restroom wall.
I have no idea about her dachshund reference. They're German hunting dogs. It could be because she was short, but I doubt it. Maybe she'll clarify in another bathroom scribble. :)

True. Tweets are no better than restroom wall writing and the people who send tweets are no better than bathroom scribblers.
Depends on the tweet. Seen some real poetry on occasion. Dachunds have short legs for a reason, to pursue prey underground. Haven't seen the legs in question though.

Eloquently stated :thup:. But I'd put it in past tense -- that ship sailed long ago.

I've always called it "antisocial media". "Social media" as the term is used is a screaming oxymoron, since what it does is defeat social interaction.

...i do wonder why if this was an issue they didn't seat them in standard coach and let the people who paid extra keep their seats and simply move coach for coach.
Usually seats in the same row have all the same leg length. This can vary in different configurations but generally runs true.

It appears the group of three did pay for the legroom (the man in the middle (father?)) and Coulter was only asked to move from her aisle seat to one across the aisle.
...which means it could have been shorter. Since they mentioned refunding the 30 bucks it makes sense.

Eloquently stated :thup:. But I'd put it in past tense -- that ship sailed long ago.

I've always called it "antisocial media". "Social media" as the term is used is a screaming oxymoron, since what it does is defeat social interaction.
Personal social interaction but people are blabbing all over the place making twitter and those outlets filthy rich.

Ann Coulter forced to give up her seat on a Delta Airlines Flight......Delta refuses to say why.

However, they've gone full tilt blasting her over it.....(and still no explanation)

Delta blasts Ann Coulter after Twitter rant, calls her comments 'unacceptable'

It could have been a 'personal thing'....but corporate has gone on the rant so it's definitely coming from Delta HQ.

Still waiting on the OP to essplain the last two words of his title.............. :eusa_whistle:

aaaaaaand STILL waiting....
impatient.gif

Whatcha got OP? Any quote from Delta referring in any way to "conservatives"? Any link to anything "political"?

Delta Airlines steps in to the political fray - Attacks Conservatives

We sit, and we wait.

Ann can complain on Twitter.

Liberals in charge of Delta's media relations can blast Coulter.

At least Delta didn't beat her like United beat the AsIan physician until he had knocked out teeth and brain damage.
Sweetie pie, when are you going to shut your pathetically ignorant mouth. You know NOTHING about the details of this situation, but still prefer to turn it into politics. Just go STFU for once in your miserable existence.
Coulter politicized it with her Tweets:

Ann Coulter on Twitter
So why is our middle & working class suffering? NOT ROBOTS! Globalism & mass immigration. Immigrants take American jobs (& seats on @Delta).

Ann Coulter on Twitter
Hey @Delta, if it was so important for the dachshund-legged woman to take my seat, she should have BOOKED THE SEAT IN ADVANCE. Like I did.

I'm still trying to figure out what she meant by "dachshund-legged woman". Did she think the woman was German?

She attacked the flight attendants too. I'm guessing Coulter will have more than a few tomato juices spilled on her every time she flies regardless of airline: Ann Coulter on Twitter
Suck-ass @Delta spends all this $$$ on beautiful aircraft & then hire Nurse Ratchets as flight attendants & gate agents.

Delta threatened by a woman on twitter.

Wow, that's so pathetic.

Why would she attack another passenger?

Ann Coulter forced to give up her seat on a Delta Airlines Flight......Delta refuses to say why.

However, they've gone full tilt blasting her over it.....(and still no explanation)

Delta blasts Ann Coulter after Twitter rant, calls her comments 'unacceptable'

It could have been a 'personal thing'....but corporate has gone on the rant so it's definitely coming from Delta HQ.
OH the indignity the poor pampered and pandering bitch had to suffer for the loss of that 3"! Her behavior now is quit telling of her character, the spoiled child!
Just IGNORE the fact she PAID for the seat right? I mean how dare she actually complain about being moved AFTER she PAID for the seat.

...i do wonder why if this was an issue they didn't seat them in standard coach and let the people who paid extra keep their seats and simply move coach for coach.
Usually seats in the same row have all the same leg length. This can vary in different configurations but generally runs true.

It appears the group of three did pay for the legroom (the man in the middle (father?)) and Coulter was only asked to move from her aisle seat to one across the aisle.

Bastards!

Don't they know who she is?

Personal social interaction but people are blabbing all over the place making twitter and those outlets filthy rich.

Except that it's not social interaction, but interaction with a machine.

I'll never forget the classic example, one of those insignificant moments your mind just takes a snapshot. Standing on a light rail train in a city (Boston, Chicago, wherever it was) observing five people standing across the car. Older, younger, blacker, whiter, maler, femaler, five different people. Every single one immersed in their little electronic square thingy, punching characters on the screen, oblivious to the fact that there's another human inches away.

All I could think was, "if only I had trained to be a pickpocket, I could leave this train with a hefty payoff". :eusa_doh:

Because public figures, celebrities and the rich have more rights than anyone else?

No, they have more access to publicity to the media than anyone else. Inconveniencing passengers is bad business ... inconveniencing passengers who can destroy you in the press is stupid business.
Delaying a flight for weather is an inconvenience, flying through a thunderstorm can get you killed.

Going out of business inconveniences passengers too. Raising ticket prices to account for no-shows inconveniences passengers too. Frankly, I do wish they'd all stop overbooking, but the financial aspects make it unlikely. In this case, it wasn't overbooking, just moving passengers around. On reflection, the cabin crew might have handled it better, but maybe they did and Coulter was just being an asshole about moving. Something like this: "I own this fucking seat God dammit!!!! Get the fuck away from me you sky *****!!!!'

I don't know why Coulter was moved to another seat in the same row. I suspect it was to keep a family of three together, but that isn't confirmed. If she was moved to a middle seat, I'd be fucking pissed too, but I don't see if she was moved to an aisle or window seat. From the pix, I suspect it was an aisle seat across the aisle from her original seat. Again, unconfirmed.
don't get me wrong - i'd be seriously mad if i booked a flight months in advance and chose to get extra legroom due to my own side. ok, fine. i'll pay extra and not be cramped like a sardine for hours on end that *will* make my back hurt for a week or so when done.

if i'm sitting in my chair that i paid extra for and was moved to standard seating w/no extra room yes - i'd be mad as hell too. esp if i was not given a reason why. i know there can be and likely are good reasons for this, but it wouldn't help me to know that my explicit arrangements to not be a sardine have gone to hell for that particular flight.
From the looks of it, she was moved to another seat in the same row meaning the same legroom. Again, I don't know if it was a middle or end seat.

She also changed seats less than 24 hours before, which is a fact, not an excuse, but may have contributed to the issue. However, I don't see how since it's all computerized; either the seat is filled or it's empty. In this case, I'm guessing the passengers booked after Coulter and it was a group of three (probably family with the Dad flanked by two kids/young adults) which was split across the row. Moving Coulter across the aisle into a seat with the same legroom, especially if it was another aisle seat, shouldn't have been a big issue.....for normal, sane, non-attention whore people
if i had the same legroom i'd be ok. not happy if i was moved to middle but there's worse in life.

Bastards!

Don't they know who she is?

Hey, maybe the lady to whom the seat was given was a 9/11 widow.

Or in Coulterese, a "harpie".

Delta said Coulter had originally booked a window seat in an exit row, but changed it to one in the aisle less than 24 hours before. The airline said it "inadvertently" moved Coulter during boarding, to another window seat in the same row "when working to accommodate several passengers with seating requests."

Poor Annie....She must be traumatized
Imagine a freakish dachshund woman being given your seat

hathaway-dog-swap.jpg

Last edited:

Except that it's not social interaction, but interaction with a machine.
Nope. People wrote letters, some maybe still do. You aren't just talking to a machine right now. Toke on it.

It's really stupid for an MNC to get into a national news pissing contest with an individual.

Really stupid.

...which means it could have been shorter. Since they mentioned refunding the 30 bucks it makes sense.
Same row. Refunding her money for the seat was a legal move. After looking at the info below, I fail to see the problem.

Some facts:
Delta’s response to political analyst Ann Coulter’s public attack on airline’s employees, customers following seat mix-up
Following Delta flight 2852 from New York-LGA to West Palm Beach on July 15, political analyst Ann Coulter took to social media to complain about a seat mix-up she experienced. However, what started out as complaints eventually turned into a public attack on the airline’s employees and customers.

Delta issued the following statement in response to Coulter’s insults:

"We are sorry that the customer did not receive the seat she reserved and paid for. More importantly, we are disappointed that the customer has chosen to publicly attack our employees and other customers by posting derogatory and slanderous comments and photos in social media. Her actions are unnecessary and unacceptable.

Each of our employees is charged with treating each other as well as our customers with dignity and respect. And we hold each other accountable when that does not happen.

Delta expects mutual civility throughout the entire travel experience.

We will refund Ms. Coulter's $30 for the preferred seat on the exit row that she purchased."

The airline said that Coulter originally booked seat 15F, which is located by the window in an exit row, however; within 24 hours of the flight’s departure, the customer changed to seat 15D, which is by the aisle. At the time of boarding, Delta inadvertently moved Coulter to 15A, a window seat, when working to accommodate several passengers with seating requests.

When there was some confusion with seating assignments during boarding, a flight attendant stepped in and asked that all of the passengers move to the seats noted on their respective tickets. All customers complied and the flight departed without incident. Following the flight, crew members reported that there were no problems or concerns escalated.

Delta first became aware of the issue with Coulter’s seat assignment when she began tweeting on July 15 after the flight’s arrival. The airline’s social media and customer care teams made several attempts to connect with her to apologize for the seat mix-up; however, they did not hear back from Coulter until Sunday evening.
DAL2852 is usually an Airbus 319 and was on 15JUL17: AirNav RadarBox24.com - Live Flight Tracker and Flight Status

The seating configuration for a Delta A319:
delta A319 seating.png

Ann can complain on Twitter.

Liberals in charge of Delta's media relations can blast Coulter.

At least Delta didn't beat her like United beat the AsIan physician until he had knocked out teeth and brain damage.
Sweetie pie, when are you going to shut your pathetically ignorant mouth. You know NOTHING about the details of this situation, but still prefer to turn it into politics. Just go STFU for once in your miserable existence.
Coulter politicized it with her Tweets:

Ann Coulter on Twitter
So why is our middle & working class suffering? NOT ROBOTS! Globalism & mass immigration. Immigrants take American jobs (& seats on @Delta).

Ann Coulter on Twitter
Hey @Delta, if it was so important for the dachshund-legged woman to take my seat, she should have BOOKED THE SEAT IN ADVANCE. Like I did.

She attacked the flight attendants too. I'm guessing Coulter will have more than a few tomato juices spilled on her every time she flies regardless of airline: Ann Coulter on Twitter
Suck-ass @Delta spends all this $$$ on beautiful aircraft & then hire Nurse Ratchets as flight attendants & gate agents.

Delta threatened by a woman on twitter.

Wow, that's so pathetic.
Yes, but not as pathetic as a grown woman acting like a spoiled child because she was asked to move one seat over.

Same row. Refunding her money for the seat was a legal move. After looking at the info below, I fail to see the problem.

Some facts:
Delta’s response to political analyst Ann Coulter’s public attack on airline’s employees, customers following seat mix-up
Following Delta flight 2852 from New York-LGA to West Palm Beach on July 15, political analyst Ann Coulter took to social media to complain about a seat mix-up she experienced. However, what started out as complaints eventually turned into a public attack on the airline’s employees and customers.

Delta issued the following statement in response to Coulter’s insults:

"We are sorry that the customer did not receive the seat she reserved and paid for. More importantly, we are disappointed that the customer has chosen to publicly attack our employees and other customers by posting derogatory and slanderous comments and photos in social media. Her actions are unnecessary and unacceptable.

Each of our employees is charged with treating each other as well as our customers with dignity and respect. And we hold each other accountable when that does not happen.

Delta expects mutual civility throughout the entire travel experience.

We will refund Ms. Coulter's $30 for the preferred seat on the exit row that she purchased."

The airline said that Coulter originally booked seat 15F, which is located by the window in an exit row, however; within 24 hours of the flight’s departure, the customer changed to seat 15D, which is by the aisle. At the time of boarding, Delta inadvertently moved Coulter to 15A, a window seat, when working to accommodate several passengers with seating requests.

When there was some confusion with seating assignments during boarding, a flight attendant stepped in and asked that all of the passengers move to the seats noted on their respective tickets. All customers complied and the flight departed without incident. Following the flight, crew members reported that there were no problems or concerns escalated.

Delta first became aware of the issue with Coulter’s seat assignment when she began tweeting on July 15 after the flight’s arrival. The airline’s social media and customer care teams made several attempts to connect with her to apologize for the seat mix-up; however, they did not hear back from Coulter until Sunday evening.
DAL2852 is usually an Airbus 319 and was on 15JUL17: AirNav RadarBox24.com - Live Flight Tracker and Flight Status

The seating configuration for a Delta A319:
View attachment 139205
Jesus Christ dude. I should spend my time on this because ....? Is this a national security matter?

Because public figures, celebrities and the rich have more rights than anyone else?

No, they have more access to publicity to the media than anyone else. Inconveniencing passengers is bad business ... inconveniencing passengers who can destroy you in the press is stupid business.
Delaying a flight for weather is an inconvenience, flying through a thunderstorm can get you killed.

Going out of business inconveniences passengers too. Raising ticket prices to account for no-shows inconveniences passengers too. Frankly, I do wish they'd all stop overbooking, but the financial aspects make it unlikely. In this case, it wasn't overbooking, just moving passengers around. On reflection, the cabin crew might have handled it better, but maybe they did and Coulter was just being an asshole about moving. Something like this: "I own this fucking seat God dammit!!!! Get the fuck away from me you sky *****!!!!'

I don't know why Coulter was moved to another seat in the same row. I suspect it was to keep a family of three together, but that isn't confirmed. If she was moved to a middle seat, I'd be fucking pissed too, but I don't see if she was moved to an aisle or window seat. From the pix, I suspect it was an aisle seat across the aisle from her original seat. Again, unconfirmed.
don't get me wrong - i'd be seriously mad if i booked a flight months in advance and chose to get extra legroom due to my own side. ok, fine. i'll pay extra and not be cramped like a sardine for hours on end that *will* make my back hurt for a week or so when done.

if i'm sitting in my chair that i paid extra for and was moved to standard seating w/no extra room yes - i'd be mad as hell too. esp if i was not given a reason why. i know there can be and likely are good reasons for this, but it wouldn't help me to know that my explicit arrangements to not be a sardine have gone to hell for that particular flight.
From the looks of it, she was moved to another seat in the same row meaning the same legroom. Again, I don't know if it was a middle or end seat.

She also changed seats less than 24 hours before, which is a fact, not an excuse, but may have contributed to the issue. However, I don't see how since it's all computerized; either the seat is filled or it's empty. In this case, I'm guessing the passengers booked after Coulter and it was a group of three (probably family with the Dad flanked by two kids/young adults) which was split across the row. Moving Coulter across the aisle into a seat with the same legroom, especially if it was another aisle seat, shouldn't have been a big issue.....for normal, sane, non-attention whore people
if i had the same legroom i'd be ok. not happy if i was moved to middle but there's worse in life.
It was an exit row, all the legroom was the same. Obviously the middle seat sucks worse than a window or aisle. I like the aisle.

Forum List

Back