🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democracy: Yes or No

they oppose any proposal to make it safer

You mean the clinic must have a complete surgical center? Or the doctors must have privileges at a nearby hospital?

they want to eliminate any restrictions on it

You mean late term abortions not requiring 3 doctors to approve but only 1?

Yes. Like I said, we must not make abortion safer.

including supporting letting newborns die on the table
The lie that lives. Please tell me which state allows newborns to be neglected until they die? Where is that not a crime? Does any state have pending legislation that allows it?
I see no need to defend a claim I did not make.

Meanwhile in reality, 183 Democrats voted in opposition of H.R.4712 - Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.

Oh, look -- Democrats who want babies born alive after a botched abortion to die on the table. You know, just like I said.

There is absolutely no way to make that look like a positive thing.

It is against the law in every state to " let... newborns die on the table" Not one state allows it. Feel free to name the democrat legislators who support your claim.

In 2002, the “Born-Alive Infants Protection Acteasily passed Congress on a voice vote in the House and unanimous consent in the Senate. It's still in effect and is the law of the land.
That's good. But it doesn't refute my claim in the least. 183 Democrats voted against requiring medical care for babies born after botched abortions, preferring instead they be left to die.

It's already required.

born alive', with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or
extraction from his or her mother of that member, at any stage of
development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a
beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of
voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been
cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a
result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced
abortion.

Way off topic. I'm done.

What ever happened to noblesse oblige: " the inferred responsibility of privileged people to act with generosity and nobility toward those less privileged."

That perfectly sums up the motivation of the left. The poor proles need someone to do their thinking for them (because they might choose to think unapproved thoughts, tsk tsk), so we'll decide what they want.

Calling the nobility the left is an ignorant comment, herein wrapped in a Straw Man.

I neither asked nor expected your acknowledgement. Don't pretend it's required.

I don't, the willfully ignorant will remain willfully ignorant.
...and voting Democrat, just as programmed.

You mean the clinic must have a complete surgical center? Or the doctors must have privileges at a nearby hospital?

The lie that lives. Please tell me which state allows newborns to be neglected until they die? Where is that not a crime? Does any state have pending legislation that allows it?

Meanwhile in reality, 183 Democrats voted in opposition of H.R.4712 - Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.

Oh, look -- Democrats who want babies born alive after a botched abortion to die on the table. You know, just like I said.

It is against the law in every state to " let... newborns die on the table" Not one state allows it. Feel free to name the democrat legislators who support your claim.

In 2002, the “Born-Alive Infants Protection Acteasily passed Congress on a voice vote in the House and unanimous consent in the Senate. It's still in effect and is the law of the land.
That's good. But it doesn't refute my claim in the least. 183 Democrats voted against requiring medical care for babies born after botched abortions, preferring instead they be left to die.

It's already required.

born alive', with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or
abortion.

Way off topic. I'm done.
I don't blame you. There's no way you can spin 183 Democrats voting against providing care for newborns who survived abortion as a good thing.

It's already required.

abortion.

Way off topic. I'm done.
I don't blame you. There's no way you can spin 183 Democrats voting against providing care for newborns who survived abortion as a good thing.

Did the Trumpbublicans forget there is already a law on the books passed by a voice vote and unanimous consent in the house and senate back in 2002. The Dems rightly refused to participate in Trumpybears political theater.

It's already required.

abortion.

Way off topic. I'm done.

Did the Trumpbublicans forget there is already a law on the books passed by a voice vote and unanimous consent in the house and senate back in 2002. The Dems rightly refused to participate in Trumpybears political theater.
Uh huh.

you believe a gigantic pile of garbage propaganda, brainwashed functional moron. You need three doctors and the mother to agree for anything, and nobody is killing them after they're born. Brainwashed functional moron. More phony scandals from the right and you believe all of them idiot.

you believe a gigantic pile of garbage propaganda, brainwashed functional moron. You need three doctors and the mother to agree for anything, and nobody is killing them after they're born. Brainwashed functional moron. More phony scandals from the right and you believe all of them idiot.
Oh, hush, you incoherent asshole.

Oh, hush, you incoherent asshole.
Actual facts must sound like that to you, brainwashed functional moron. LOL. Read what nurses and doctors think of your lies...

Do you see anywhere in Sec. 2 which gives the president the power to vacate service or quash a subpoena?
You act as if this doesn't exist.
Executive privilege - Wikipedia

Only when a Democrat is President.

I don't think you are stupid, but I've been wrong before. The facts that everyone knows, and no one on your side of the argument will admit, is trump has surrounded himself with liars, cheats and crooks. All like himself.

He has fired those who say no, you can't do that donnie, and hired those who will allow him to ignore the rule of law and obstructs justice.

Trump and the current Republican Party and its fellow travelers have shit on the Constitution, and you know that too. The party that abhors regulations, chooses to support policies and regulations to convince the biddable that they are in fact equivalent to laws when it fits their needs.

More food for thought:

Donald Trump's feud with Congress puts American democracy on the brink - CNNPolitics

For those, many who post on this message board, it seems they oppose universal suffrage and would prefer that only an elite should be eligible to vote.

For a long while some posters have denied we are a democratic republic, and prefer to use constitutional republic, some seek to overturn the 17th Amendment and some would require only property owners the right to vote.

Even the Supreme Court has watered down democracy in the two Citizen's United decisions and overturned a key provision of the Voting Rights Act to combat racial discrimination in voting.

"We have met the enemy and he is us"
Pogo

What ever happened to noblesse oblige: " the inferred responsibility of privileged people to act with generosity and nobility toward those less privileged."

Democracy ends at the State lines, every person elected to serve in federal offices are elected by the States. That is exactly what is prescribed by the Constitution, hence we are a constitutional republic, not a democracy. Vote totals within each State are the only ones that count. Period, end of story.

The states are a democracy

And the democracy of the states wins

With certain limits. Like with the electoral college

But a democracy high enough can change the constitution

Our democracy now has advanced to the suicide part

Lowest iqs ever voting

And each cycle another record low iqs voting

Straight to suicide

Unless the high logics rises up and uses its real power

As I said, democracy ends at the State lines.

More food for thought:

Donald Trump's feud with Congress puts American democracy on the brink - CNNPolitics

For those, many who post on this message board, it seems they oppose universal suffrage and would prefer that only an elite should be eligible to vote.

For a long while some posters have denied we are a democratic republic, and prefer to use constitutional republic, some seek to overturn the 17th Amendment and some would require only property owners the right to vote.

Even the Supreme Court has watered down democracy in the two Citizen's United decisions and overturned a key provision of the Voting Rights Act to combat racial discrimination in voting.

Pogo

Democracy ends at the State lines, every person elected to serve in federal offices are elected by the States. That is exactly what is prescribed by the Constitution, hence we are a constitutional republic, not a democracy. Vote totals within each State are the only ones that count. Period, end of story.

Lowest iqs ever voting

Straight to suicide

No one care what you believe, most of it is fantasy and/or wishful thinking.

More food for thought:

Pogo

Lowest iqs ever voting

Straight to suicide

No one care what you believe, most of it is fantasy and/or wishful thinking.

Well commie, tell the class where you cast a ballot that counts outside of your State.

Do you see anywhere in Sec. 2 which gives the president the power to vacate service or quash a subpoena?
You act as if this doesn't exist.
Executive privilege - Wikipedia
Only when a Democrat is President.
I don't think you are stupid, but I've been wrong before. The facts that everyone knows, and no one on your side of the argument will admit, is trump has surrounded himself with liars, cheats and crooks. All like himself.
Did you you notice how you did not address his post? Or mine?
I did. I bet he did, too.

More food for thought:

Pogo

There is no threat to democracy here.....are you really this stupid?

Forum List

Back