Democrat Eric Swalwell Wants Insurance Requirements For Gun Owners

[
Need a new amendment for that to happen..... That means first you need to get 2/3'rds of both houses to agree to it then you need 37 States to ratify it in a set time limit. Not gonna happen.

We'll see. Baby boomers are dying out. Millennials are multiplying....

From government control. Are you so infantile that you are incapable of living life without having the government tell you how to live?

Um no. What does that have to do with guns?
I am certainly more free than any American I know. Way more free. Yet you have a constitution. Now, I'm NOT saying on paper your constitution doesn't give you a lot of things. However, in reality, it's hardly worth the paper it is written on.

My firearms are an insurance policy for the United States. It says so right in the Constitution:

"Necessary for the security of a free state".

LOL, the full truth is this, A WELL REGULATED MALITIA, BEING NECESSARY FOR THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

No one can justify the right of all the people to keep and bear arms was the intent of the 2nd A.

You and others like you believe this meme, but too many examples prove you wrong.

It is an infringement to deny this right to someone going to court as a defendant in a murder?

Or, someone who has committed an act of domestic violence, a person convicted previously of armed robbery, a person detained as a danger to themselves or others, someone who is addicted to drugs or alcohol?

My firearms are an insurance policy for the United States. It says so right in the Constitution:

LOL, the full truth is this, A WELL REGULATED MALITIA, BEING NECESSARY FOR THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
No one can justify the right of all the people to keep and bear arms was the intent of the 2nd A.

No one has made that claim.

Everyone, including you who make the argument "shall not be infringed" is clear, and any effort to pass or even offer a suggestIon gun controls need to be created are faced with this argument: "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

I've posted ad nausea that guns need to be registered and gun owners licensed, and the rebuttal is, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"!

SHALL IS MANDATORY, AND YET IN THIS MOST RECENT POST OF YOUR'S YOU ADMIT IT CAN AND IS INFRINGED.

Last edited:

Everyone, including you who make the argument "shall not be infringed" is clear, and any effort to pass or even offer a suggestIon gun controls need to be created are faced with this argument: "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

I've posted ad nausea that guns need to be registered and gun owners licensed, and the rebuttal is, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"!

SHALL IS MANDATORY, AND YET IN THIS MOST RECENT POST OF YOUR'S YOU ADMIT IT CAN AND IS INFRINGED.

No, you are confused you stupid Moon Bat.

Firearms DO NO NEED TO BR REGISTERED. It is none of the goddamn government's business how I enjoy my Constitutional rights. I don't need their permission and I don't need them bookkeeping me enjoying the rights.

We saw what happened in New Zealand with registered firearms, didn't we? The filthy ass government took them away. Despicable, wasn't it?

Canadians wouldn't even allow their semi commie government to require registration of their firearms. Americans sure as hell ain't gonna do it.

That is a pipe dream of you idiot Libtards. Go live elsewhere if you don't want to live in a country with a Bill of Rights that includes the right to keep and bear arms. Many commie countries for you to chose from. Moon Bat heaven countries.

Insurance for what? Gun accidents? Why? There are not enough of those to warrant it. Guns are not cars..........Just sayin' .........Swalwelll is a fucking Neo-Marixist, radical leftist blowhard. A lying sack of shit too. He disgraces his position.

Do you think you should have household insurance?

"Between 2012 and 2016, U.S. fire departments responded to an average of 355,400 home structure fires per year. These fires [cost] $6.5 billion in direct damage"
Fire Prevention Week (FPW)

You could argue that gun shot wounds are covered by medical insurance. Still, the gun lobby/nuts should pay their way, too. A house is insured, not the person. A car is insured, not the person. A gun should be insured.
"Annually, gunshot wounds cost an estimated U.S.$126 billion"
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0001457597000079

The comparison is completely irrelevant. Try harder next time grumps.

Everyone, including you....
No one has made the claim that
"the right of all the people to keep and bear arms was the intent of the 2nd A. "
It does not matter how high you pile that straw, it is still straw.
I've posted ad nausea that guns need to be registered and gun owners licensed...
Your opinion to that effect is unsupportable, runs contrary to established fact, and, if established, runs afoul of the constitution.

Forum List

Back