Democrat Party supporters please explain this.

Next is the bullshit of white privilege. I find it amusing and complete bullshit. Sorry to be blunt.
No need to sugarcoat, blunt is fine, I appreciate direct talk. I don’t like the term “white privileged” it is provocative which I think is by design due to a build up of frustration and tone deafness between whites and blacks in our society.

As far as the concept of white privilege I don’t think anybody can deny the reality of it given our nations history and the legal oppression our government and society put on blacks people for generations. It has resulted in generational advantages of wealth and education that fostered an environment with tilted scales for one group over the other.

what exactly do you take issue with?
Using the basketball example. If a guy comes on the court and has one leg, do I have dual leg privilege or does he have one leg disadvantage. Certainly minorities face some disadvantages but also have some advantages. Saying I have privilege due to my skin color just ends the conversation and causes discord.
I understand that the term offends you but that doesn’t mean you need to turn off your willingness to try and comprehend the message and history behind it. Imagine how it is on the other side of the equation. To be one of those who have been on the reviewing end of oppression.

to use your basketball analogy you’d have to take it a step further. A group would have to be systematically amputated by the powers at be. It’s great that the laws were changed to stop the amputations but then there should be an effort to give them prosthetics and resources to be able to play and compete with the rest of the two legged athletes in a fair and free environment.
Not offended. Annoyed. And we have. Affirmative Action is one. Easier path to college acceptance is another. But if you want to go down that path, fine. Call it Black Disadvantage because whites do not have privilege over Asians and many don’t consider Jews to be “whites”. I am a Jew.
The privilege they refer to is generational and systemic. It refers to a white persons ability to live here and gain education, employment, start a business, gain wealth and pass it along to their children. Elements that were denied Or grossly limited to blacks throughout our history by our legal system, which have resulted in high numbers of poverty and the associated issues that come with that. There is also the elements in our modern society with how blacks are treated in our legal system that are at the top of the discussion as well. You do see all that stuff don’t you?
Yes and to me that is black disadvantage NOT white privilege. My parents were immigrants from the old Soviet Union. Didn't speak the language when they arrived. What privilege did they have? In addition we are Jewish and face our own challenges. So to me state the truth that blacks have some disadvantages. That is true but also have some advantages. We are trying our best to equalize as much as we can. We are all born with equal rights. Stating I have white privilege immediately takes the conversation into the gutter. I played pretty high level basketball when I was younger. I was a minority on the court, on my team, etc. I never thought that the black players had basketball privilege.

Words matter. Honesty matters.
Take poor white immigrants like your parents and compare them to a poor black family in this country. Especially during the days when your parents came over assuming it was pre 1965. The ability for a white immigrant to get a job and excel in society was vastly more opportunistic than it was for blacks. To eat in restaurants, use bathrooms, send their kids to a good school etc were all there for them when that was not the case for blacks under Jim Crow. Step back and think about how the dominos fall within a system set up that way

you don’t like to use the word white privilege and prefer black disadvantage. But aren’t we talking about the same thing? Just as in the last conversation when you didn’t like the term trans girl and preferred biological boy??
My parents came here in 1976. It is the same thing except it doesn't mean all whites have privilege and words matter. Trans girl is fine. Either way they are mentally ill.
I wouldn’t use the word ill. I’d say they are mentally different as their perspective does not mesh well with the current societal make up that we have created... that doesn’t make them sick or wrong as it is may just be their natural state.... but that conversation is over.

In regards to White privilege, yes it does not apply to every individual. Some White people have sever disadvantages, some are mentally ill (not talking trans :), many are in poverty, and also some blacks are born with tremendous wealth and privilege. So yes the terms are generic and as I said at the start I don’t like the phrase “White privilege” but when you cut through the cherry picks and look at the system as a whole you can see the variation of advantages and disadvantages between the races. If you say that blacks face disadvantages because of an oppressive history then it also must be true that others hold an advantage over them. This advantage is what is referred to as White privilege. I think much of this debate is about rhetoric and terminology which is unfortunate because it distracts from the core
They have disadvantages in some areas and advantages in other areas. Of course. Look at Asians. They have reshaped how people think about them. It is about perception and culture not skin color. Democrats are dishonest for the most part and ignore the fact that black kids with two parents are significantly more successful than white kids with one parent. Unfortunately 75% of black kids grow up with one parent. Why? Easier to garner Govt handouts so the cycle continues.
You honestly think the black community has a higher level of single parent households intentionally so they can get government checks?! Come on man you’re smarter than that. High levels of poverty low levels of education, generations of culture shaped in these conditions all stemming from a system that oppressed them for well over 100 years. Come on, be objective, think
Yep. It’s just the culture. Smarter than that? LOL.

So are we more racist now what we were 60 yrs ago when it was 20%? Keep voting for the same party you ll get the same treatment. 13 HS in Baltimore and not one student proficient in math.
What do you propose we do to help kids learn math in Baltimore?
More truant officers. Better teachers via Charter Schools. Work great in Dorchester
To get better teachers you need higher pay, right? To get more officers you need more funds, right? Do you really think more officers and paying teachers more will get the job done?

Next is the bullshit of white privilege. I find it amusing and complete bullshit. Sorry to be blunt.
No need to sugarcoat, blunt is fine, I appreciate direct talk. I don’t like the term “white privileged” it is provocative which I think is by design due to a build up of frustration and tone deafness between whites and blacks in our society.

As far as the concept of white privilege I don’t think anybody can deny the reality of it given our nations history and the legal oppression our government and society put on blacks people for generations. It has resulted in generational advantages of wealth and education that fostered an environment with tilted scales for one group over the other.

Using the basketball example. If a guy comes on the court and has one leg, do I have dual leg privilege or does he have one leg disadvantage. Certainly minorities face some disadvantages but also have some advantages. Saying I have privilege due to my skin color just ends the conversation and causes discord.
I understand that the term offends you but that doesn’t mean you need to turn off your willingness to try and comprehend the message and history behind it. Imagine how it is on the other side of the equation. To be one of those who have been on the reviewing end of oppression.

to use your basketball analogy you’d have to take it a step further. A group would have to be systematically amputated by the powers at be. It’s great that the laws were changed to stop the amputations but then there should be an effort to give them prosthetics and resources to be able to play and compete with the rest of the two legged athletes in a fair and free environment.
Not offended. Annoyed. And we have. Affirmative Action is one. Easier path to college acceptance is another. But if you want to go down that path, fine. Call it Black Disadvantage because whites do not have privilege over Asians and many don’t consider Jews to be “whites”. I am a Jew.
The privilege they refer to is generational and systemic. It refers to a white persons ability to live here and gain education, employment, start a business, gain wealth and pass it along to their children. Elements that were denied Or grossly limited to blacks throughout our history by our legal system, which have resulted in high numbers of poverty and the associated issues that come with that. There is also the elements in our modern society with how blacks are treated in our legal system that are at the top of the discussion as well. You do see all that stuff don’t you?
Yes and to me that is black disadvantage NOT white privilege. My parents were immigrants from the old Soviet Union. Didn't speak the language when they arrived. What privilege did they have? In addition we are Jewish and face our own challenges. So to me state the truth that blacks have some disadvantages. That is true but also have some advantages. We are trying our best to equalize as much as we can. We are all born with equal rights. Stating I have white privilege immediately takes the conversation into the gutter. I played pretty high level basketball when I was younger. I was a minority on the court, on my team, etc. I never thought that the black players had basketball privilege.

Take poor white immigrants like your parents and compare them to a poor black family in this country. Especially during the days when your parents came over assuming it was pre 1965. The ability for a white immigrant to get a job and excel in society was vastly more opportunistic than it was for blacks. To eat in restaurants, use bathrooms, send their kids to a good school etc were all there for them when that was not the case for blacks under Jim Crow. Step back and think about how the dominos fall within a system set up that way

you don’t like to use the word white privilege and prefer black disadvantage. But aren’t we talking about the same thing? Just as in the last conversation when you didn’t like the term trans girl and preferred biological boy??
My parents came here in 1976. It is the same thing except it doesn't mean all whites have privilege and words matter. Trans girl is fine. Either way they are mentally ill.
I wouldn’t use the word ill. I’d say they are mentally different as their perspective does not mesh well with the current societal make up that we have created... that doesn’t make them sick or wrong as it is may just be their natural state.... but that conversation is over.

In regards to White privilege, yes it does not apply to every individual. Some White people have sever disadvantages, some are mentally ill (not talking trans :), many are in poverty, and also some blacks are born with tremendous wealth and privilege. So yes the terms are generic and as I said at the start I don’t like the phrase “White privilege” but when you cut through the cherry picks and look at the system as a whole you can see the variation of advantages and disadvantages between the races. If you say that blacks face disadvantages because of an oppressive history then it also must be true that others hold an advantage over them. This advantage is what is referred to as White privilege. I think much of this debate is about rhetoric and terminology which is unfortunate because it distracts from the core
They have disadvantages in some areas and advantages in other areas. Of course. Look at Asians. They have reshaped how people think about them. It is about perception and culture not skin color. Democrats are dishonest for the most part and ignore the fact that black kids with two parents are significantly more successful than white kids with one parent. Unfortunately 75% of black kids grow up with one parent. Why? Easier to garner Govt handouts so the cycle continues.
You honestly think the black community has a higher level of single parent households intentionally so they can get government checks?! Come on man you’re smarter than that. High levels of poverty low levels of education, generations of culture shaped in these conditions all stemming from a system that oppressed them for well over 100 years. Come on, be objective, think

So are we more racist now what we were 60 yrs ago when it was 20%? Keep voting for the same party you ll get the same treatment. 13 HS in Baltimore and not one student proficient in math.
No of course we aren’t more racist now than 60 years ago.... we do still have issues in that area that need to be addressed
Yet the single motherhood rate has tripled for the black community. Is that due to “white privilege”?
Of course not. Are you really still not connecting the dots or are you just trying to be difficult? I thought I had laid this out pretty clearly
So then the primary reason is Democrat policies.

More truant officers. Better teachers via Charter Schools. Work great in Dorchester
To get better teachers you need higher pay, right? To get more officers you need more funds, right? Do you really think more officers and paying teachers more will get the job done?
Baltimore received billions that has somehow fallen through the cracks. Wonder where the money went? If I did not think so I would not have said it. Why are you leftists so condescending? LOL

No of course we aren’t more racist now than 60 years ago.... we do still have issues in that area that need to be addressed
Yet the single motherhood rate has tripled for the black community. Is that due to “white privilege”?
Of course not. Are you really still not connecting the dots or are you just trying to be difficult? I thought I had laid this out pretty clearly
I wouldn’t say that. I’ve been explaining myself pretty directly. Have you been paying attention? Can you state the case ive been making to show you understand?

Baltimore received billions that has somehow fallen through the cracks. Wonder where the money went? If I did not think so I would not have said it. Why are you leftists so condescending? LOL
It just seemed like a lazy answer. Blacks in Baltimore can’t do math. How do you fix it? Charter schools and better teachers. Come on

I wouldn’t say that. I’ve been explaining myself pretty directly. Have you been paying attention? Can you state the case ive been making to show you understand?
You blame systemic racism but your argument falls apart when you state we are less racist now than we were 60 yrs ago. So what changed?

It just seemed like a lazy answer. Blacks in Baltimore can’t do math. How do you fix it? Charter schools and better teachers. Come on
Never said cannot. I said they aren’t proficient. Why? Teachers who don’t care. Why do you think it is? Your ad Hominems amuse me.

You blame systemic racism but your argument falls apart when you state we are less racist now than we were 60 yrs ago. So what changed?
I don’t blame systematic racism for poor math scores. I blame poverty and culture which are directly related to historic oppression. I’m not going to keep repeating myself. I’m trying to have a straight conversation and I can’t stand when people spin and distort the points I make. I may have been unclear or you may have misunderstood which if the case I’ll chalk up to an honest mistake but if you are playing the spin games then I’m done talking.

Why not list the nations where Black success is common?

Never said cannot. I said they aren’t proficient. Why? Teachers who don’t care. Why do you think it is? Your ad Hominems amuse me.
I think most teachers care. I think teachers with low pay, lack of resources, difficult students who act out, and lack of parent engagement all play a factor. Schools in low income areas often have these problems.

Why are you still talking to me? Was I not clear that I was done with you yesterday?

I don’t blame systematic racism for poor math scores. I blame poverty and culture which are directly related to historic oppression. I’m not going to keep repeating myself. I’m trying to have a straight conversation and I can’t stand when people spin and distort the points I make. I may have been unclear or you may have misunderstood which if the case I’ll chalk up to an honest mistake but if you are playing the spin games then I’m done talking.
What Historic oppression when you admitted that we are less racist now than we were 60 yrs ago? Why did the single Motherhood rate skyrocket? We are going in circles. Fuck!

I blame poverty and culture which are directly related to historic oppression.
List the nations where there is no historic oppression where Blacks are succeeding,

I think most teachers care. I think teachers with low pay, lack of resources, difficult students who act out, and lack of parent engagement all play a factor. Schools in low income areas often have these problems.
Hence the need for Charter Schools.

Why are you still talking to me? Was I not clear that I was done with you yesterday?
Don’t be a dick. Ignoring people is weak sauce. IM2 and g5000 put me on ignore because they could not out debate me.

If you want anyone to not ask you questions, you can create a Thread with that rule.
Your excuses are self-denial of reality.
You never give a straight answer, you keep posting the same canned nonsense.

Because there aren't any.

Why, should I as a 39 (soon to be 40) year old business owner, family man (two kids in middle school), living in Boston should not be at best annoyed at worst extremely worried if the Democrats win the White House and the Senate?

The Democrat Party:

• Called the riots a Myth and said protests were mostly peaceful when cities were burning. They need to be 100% peaceful. They only proceeded with denouncement once the polls showed them slipping.
  • COVID death rates are highest in Blue States, including mine, MA. I am a COVID survivor and convalescent plasma donor but I don't feel confident in terms of their pandemic response. My kids are 100% remote when the WHO stated that school kids are NOT super spreaders and lockdowns are terrible because they cause their own issues such as loss of business, depression, late diagnosis of medical ailments, etc.
  • They state because I am white I have some sort of privilege and that I am inherently racist. I find that not only abhorrent but borderline unconstitutional as they take away my free speech. My skin color should not determine my beliefs. That is like stating I must be cheap because I am Jewish.
  • Instead of denouncing Antifa they call it an "idea". They are hypocrites in that my kids are not allowed in school but are welcome to protest in large gatherings.
  • They vilify our police force instead of teaching our youth to respect authority.
  • They are pro everyone gets a trophy but that is not how real life works. If there is one opening for a job then one person gets it. Teaching winning and losing is very important and should start at a young age.
  • They call America inherently racist but I am a son of immigrants from the old Soviet Union. When my kids get a little older I will make them watch Schindler's List. They can see what real oppression is. What real hatred is. What real genocide looks like. This is the greatest country in the world and that is what we should be teaching our youth. It is not without warts but what country is?
  • As a Jewish family, Israel support is important to us and I am concerned that the Democrats would rather partner with Iran and the terror states of Palestine rather than side with Israel.
  • I am OK with a change in our healthcare system but I am not sure how nationalizing it will encourage our youth to go into medicine when medical school is so pricey and the doctor compensation would be capped. I truly prefer free markets.
  • I am further concerned that if my kids have conservative views as they get older they will be vilified because those views are suddenly deemed racist by the Left. Overall the word "racist" has lost its meaning. Or if my kids lean left they will follow and become intolerant of those with conservative views.
  • From a financial perspective I am not sure the Democrats understand that raising the minimum wage results in loss of jobs due to robots becoming more economically feasible. Also higher regulations, eliminating fracking and raising taxes will further slow the economy.
  • It is tough for me to understand why the Democrat party is focused on forced teaching of diversity and vilification of white persons. People cannot control their skin color so why focus on it?
  • The bias in the media and censorship of conservative views is dangerous and would be equally dangerous if it were the other way around. Schools should teach kids how to think versus what to think and the media should report facts and allow the viewers to form their opinions versus skewing the facts. This has less to do with if Democrats win but it certainly would further empower an already biased media.
  • Lastly, the transgender debate is frightening. I have two daughters. I have seen firsthand how boys now identify as girls and play sports vs. biological girls. The advantage the boys had is notable. I cannot get on the same page that gender is a social construct and that biological boys should be allowed in girls locker rooms and be allowed to compete in sports against them. The left turns a blind eye to it and calls concerned parents like myself transphobic. But why is it wrong for me not to want my girls to change in the locker room if a boy is present? Why is it wrong for me to want my girls to compete vs. other females? Female sports finally have some limelight and recognition and now this comes along?

This assumes that Trump loses and the Republicans lose the Senate so please don't make this thread about Trump but address the above topics. I would like to have an honest debate. Doesn't need to be civil but it needs to be honest.

Thank you

blah, blah, blah, I'm sure you spent a great deal of time writing all this stupid crap, your life must be really pathetic, I guess this is what life in a trailer must be...

1602632003940.png

Why, should I as a 39 (soon to be 40) year old business owner, family man (two kids in middle school), living in Boston should not be at best annoyed at worst extremely worried if the Democrats win the White House and the Senate?

The Democrat Party:

• Called the riots a Myth and said protests were mostly peaceful when cities were burning. They need to be 100% peaceful. They only proceeded with denouncement once the polls showed them slipping.
  • COVID death rates are highest in Blue States, including mine, MA. I am a COVID survivor and convalescent plasma donor but I don't feel confident in terms of their pandemic response. My kids are 100% remote when the WHO stated that school kids are NOT super spreaders and lockdowns are terrible because they cause their own issues such as loss of business, depression, late diagnosis of medical ailments, etc.
  • They state because I am white I have some sort of privilege and that I am inherently racist. I find that not only abhorrent but borderline unconstitutional as they take away my free speech. My skin color should not determine my beliefs. That is like stating I must be cheap because I am Jewish.
  • Instead of denouncing Antifa they call it an "idea". They are hypocrites in that my kids are not allowed in school but are welcome to protest in large gatherings.
  • They vilify our police force instead of teaching our youth to respect authority.
  • They are pro everyone gets a trophy but that is not how real life works. If there is one opening for a job then one person gets it. Teaching winning and losing is very important and should start at a young age.
  • They call America inherently racist but I am a son of immigrants from the old Soviet Union. When my kids get a little older I will make them watch Schindler's List. They can see what real oppression is. What real hatred is. What real genocide looks like. This is the greatest country in the world and that is what we should be teaching our youth. It is not without warts but what country is?
  • As a Jewish family, Israel support is important to us and I am concerned that the Democrats would rather partner with Iran and the terror states of Palestine rather than side with Israel.
  • I am OK with a change in our healthcare system but I am not sure how nationalizing it will encourage our youth to go into medicine when medical school is so pricey and the doctor compensation would be capped. I truly prefer free markets.
  • I am further concerned that if my kids have conservative views as they get older they will be vilified because those views are suddenly deemed racist by the Left. Overall the word "racist" has lost its meaning. Or if my kids lean left they will follow and become intolerant of those with conservative views.
  • From a financial perspective I am not sure the Democrats understand that raising the minimum wage results in loss of jobs due to robots becoming more economically feasible. Also higher regulations, eliminating fracking and raising taxes will further slow the economy.
  • It is tough for me to understand why the Democrat party is focused on forced teaching of diversity and vilification of white persons. People cannot control their skin color so why focus on it?
  • The bias in the media and censorship of conservative views is dangerous and would be equally dangerous if it were the other way around. Schools should teach kids how to think versus what to think and the media should report facts and allow the viewers to form their opinions versus skewing the facts. This has less to do with if Democrats win but it certainly would further empower an already biased media.
  • Lastly, the transgender debate is frightening. I have two daughters. I have seen firsthand how boys now identify as girls and play sports vs. biological girls. The advantage the boys had is notable. I cannot get on the same page that gender is a social construct and that biological boys should be allowed in girls locker rooms and be allowed to compete in sports against them. The left turns a blind eye to it and calls concerned parents like myself transphobic. But why is it wrong for me not to want my girls to change in the locker room if a boy is present? Why is it wrong for me to want my girls to compete vs. other females? Female sports finally have some limelight and recognition and now this comes along?

This assumes that Trump loses and the Republicans lose the Senate so please don't make this thread about Trump but address the above topics. I would like to have an honest debate. Doesn't need to be civil but it needs to be honest.

Thank you

blah, blah, blah, I'm sure you spent a great deal of time writing all this stupid crap, your life must be really pathetic, I guess this is what life in a trailer must be...

View attachment 401202
List the nations where Blacks are overwhelmingly successful.

The Democrat Party:

Thank you
DemocratIC, and you're listing a bit ch if straw men and RWNJ talking points.

Why don't you look at what the DemocratIC party really is planning and be bent outta shape about that Instead of this fake crap?

The Democrat Party:

Thank you
DemocratIC, and you're listing a bit ch if straw men and RWNJ talking points.

Why don't you look at what the DemocratIC party really is planning and be bent outta shape about that Instead of this fake crap?
Why don't you provide a Link?

Forum List

Back