Democrat Sen. Kyrsten Sinema Refuses to Take Oath of Office on Bible

This isn’t trivial you retarded, twisted motherfuckers... we expect our elected politicians to swear on the Bible because that’s what Americans fucking do. Please keep this shit up… Please!
Evidently not

Nor should they be expected to.

Negative…One fucked in the head, filthy carpet munching whore with severe daddy issues doesn’t.

Pogo's second law: Given a female with whom they disagree, the knuckledraggers will invariably resort to irrelevant sexual critiques, either "she's ugly" or "she's a whore".

Check.

Corollary to Pogo's Second Law: if the female happens to be black she is subject to gender transformation as well.

Pogo, you can be justifiably proud how your fellow liberals adhere to your second law whenever they speak of a woman with whom they disagree politically.

And when that woman happens to be black she is automatically declared to be a house ni66er.

Well that one clearly sailed over a head. Perhaps I should translate it to Hungarian.

oh good lord you are a fcking dumbass,,,

WHEN DID i SAY THEY TOOK IT FROM THE BIBLE???
You claim Christian values are in the Constitution

Show me which parts of the Constitution reflect Christian values

THAT IS NOT WHAT i SAID,,,

YOU ARE starting to show us why inbreeding is not a good idea

“I never said it was based on the bible but on christian values”

Your quote

Show me which part of the Constitution is based on Christian values
I was refering to the people that wrote it,,,they based what they put on paper on those values,,,

after that I would suggest you read the federalist papers and some of their private papers,,,

Actually they based it on the concept of Liberalism. Christianism had nothing to do with that; in fact distancing themselves (us) from the Church was and is one of the whole points of Liberalism --- freedom from theocracy.

In a nutshell Liberalism means that power derives from the consent of those governed, and NOT from either an Aristocracy or a Church. So if it's theocracy you're after you'll need to find another country.

What's with all the commas? Are you a 1950s pop singer? "Comma comma down doo be doo down down"?
Exactly

Our founders put religious dogma behind them and wrote a document protecting the rights of man.......something the Bible often ignores

This isn’t trivial you retarded, twisted motherfuckers... we expect our elected politicians to swear on the Bible because that’s what Americans fucking do. Please keep this shit up… Please!
Evidently not

Nor should they be expected to.

Negative…One fucked in the head, filthy carpet munching whore with severe daddy issues doesn’t.

Pogo's second law: Given a female with whom they disagree, the knuckledraggers will invariably resort to irrelevant sexual critiques, either "she's ugly" or "she's a whore".

Check.

Corollary to Pogo's Second Law: if the female happens to be black she is subject to gender transformation as well.

Pogo, you can be justifiably proud how your fellow liberals adhere to your second law whenever they speak of a woman with whom they disagree politically.

And when that woman happens to be black she is automatically declared to be a house ni66er.

Well that one clearly sailed over a head. Perhaps I should translate it to Hungarian.

Yeah, you try that you conceited unilingual punk.

And take a look in the mirror before you judge others.

Th significance of taking an oath on the Bible used to be that you placed your soul in jeapardy if you lied after that in regards to what you swore to tell the whole Truth about.

It is obviously insignificant to a faithless people.
Yes. You can't threaten the impoverished with taking their possessions away and that would go for the spiritually impoverished as well. They have nothing to lose.

Refusing to take an oath on the Bible is really a good look for her with all of those Catholic Hispanics flooding into her state.

Just sayin'.
They should know it's a secular state. Not part of the bible belt.

No, they should understand Freedom of Religious expression in the First Amendment, and would likely not appreciate her anti-Christian stance which wishes to crush all Religious Expression.
When has she declared an anti-christian stance? Link it for us please.

Here you go: Christians and other people of faith should hide it:

"I'm not a member of any faith community, and I think faith is a deeply personal issue that individuals should deal with in their private lives.

Pete Stark’s post-Congress gig: Atheistic role model

I'll bet she completely supporters the harassment and attacks on the Christian baker in Colorado.
How is what she said "anti-christian"? And she doesn't say people should hide it....you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

And? She isn’t required to take her oath on the Bible. Would you rather her do so just for show?

I don’t care if you swear on an old Playboy so long as you follow the Consitution and serve your country/district with honor.
Can't say I disagree. The oath seemingly means very little to a lot of them regardless of what they swear on.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
No...real Americans believe in freedom of religion....christer sharia supporters such as yourself want this to be a theocracy where people are forced to pretend they are so-called christians.

Our Constitution is a superior moral document to the Bible

Bible contains many parts that are against our laws
Absolutely.

No...real Americans believe in freedom of religion....christer sharia supporters such as yourself want this to be a theocracy where people are forced to pretend they are so-called christians.

Our Constitution is a superior moral document to the Bible

Bible contains many parts that are against our laws

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other

Founders Online: From John Adams to Massachusetts Militia, 11 October 1798
Nope...our Constitution was made for enlightened people, those not tied down by church or king.

Or a Quran like that Muslim Congresswoman Tlaib demanded?
Well? Would you swear an oath on the Koran? It makes sense. Is she also the one who wears the hijab that has so many on the fainting couch?
Distinction is that Islam is not part of the cultural foundation of the US. Christianity is.
Actually, a large % of the slaves brought from Africa were muslim....we had muslims here since before we became a nation.
Nice try. They were slaves and I doubt they were Muslim anyway.
So they don't count because they were slaves? And why would you doubt they were muslim when by the 1500s, most of West Africa was muslim?
As slaves, they weren’t afforded acknowledgment as people let alone people affiliated with any religion.
I’m sure many of the blacks in Africa who owned and sold slaves were Muslim.

Th significance of taking an oath on the Bible used to be that you placed your soul in jeapardy if you lied after that in regards to what you swore to tell the whole Truth about.

It is obviously insignificant to a faithless people.
Are you saying that if someone doesn't have a faith in YOUR religion, they have no faith at all?

Well? Would you swear an oath on the Koran? It makes sense. Is she also the one who wears the hijab that has so many on the fainting couch?
Distinction is that Islam is not part of the cultural foundation of the US. Christianity is.
Actually, a large % of the slaves brought from Africa were muslim....we had muslims here since before we became a nation.
Nice try. They were slaves and I doubt they were Muslim anyway.
So they don't count because they were slaves? And why would you doubt they were muslim when by the 1500s, most of West Africa was muslim?
As slaves, they weren’t afforded acknowledgment as people let alone people affiliated with any religion.
I’m sure many of the blacks in Africa who owned and sold slaves were Muslim.
That too...but as slaves being affiliated with religion, surely you aren't THAT unfamiliar with the history of black slaves and religion.....muslim, voodoo, spiritual christianity....

I wonder if the OP realizes that there are no requirements to swear the oath on a Bible? Some have done it with a Koran, some have done it with a law book, but there are no requirements to take the oath on a Bible. Why? Because there is to be no religious test to take political office. It's in the Constitution.

You Don’t Need to Take an Oath on a Bible, or Any Religious Text

The reason is one of the more intelligible parts of the Constitution: Article VI, Clause 3, which covers oaths of office.

It says that members of Congress, members of state legislatures, and executive and judicial officers throughout the country are bound “by oath or affirmation” to support the Constitution.

“But,” it continues, “no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.” (Which, of course, means that as long as you affirm the Constitution, you can leave God out of the matter entirely.)

Democrat Sen. Kyrsten Sinema Refuses to Take Oath of Office on Bible

I guess this is what Democrats would call "progress", electing a bisexual who refused to take the oath of office on a Bible.
So what? The article, which does not come from a reputable source, is headlined that she "refused" to be sworn on the bible, but the article also states that she has not specified that she follows a particular religion, so her taking the oath on the bible would be implausible. It also states that the books she used came from the Library of Congress, so they must have been ordered in advance.
I don't think that any "refusal" occurred here. If one did, the person who made the order, demand, request of her was way out of line in the first place.

yoour opin
You claim Christian values are in the Constitution

Show me which parts of the Constitution reflect Christian values

THAT IS NOT WHAT i SAID,,,

YOU ARE starting to show us why inbreeding is not a good idea

“I never said it was based on the bible but on christian values”

Your quote

Show me which part of the Constitution is based on Christian values
I was refering to the people that wrote it,,,they based what they put on paper on those values,,,

after that I would suggest you read the federalist papers and some of their private papers,,,

Actually they based it on the concept of Liberalism. Christianism had nothing to do with that; in fact distancing themselves (us) from the Church was and is one of the whole points of Liberalism --- freedom from theocracy.

In a nutshell Liberalism means that power derives from the consent of those governed, and NOT from either an Aristocracy or a Church. So if it's theocracy you're after you'll need to find another country.

What's with all the commas? Are you a 1950s pop singer? "Comma comma down doo be doo down down"?
Exactly

Our founders put religious dogma behind them and wrote a document protecting the rights of man.......something the Bible often ignores
your opinion

Forum List

Back