Democrat Sen. Kyrsten Sinema Refuses to Take Oath of Office on Bible

Or a Quran like that Muslim Congresswoman Tlaib demanded?
Well? Would you swear an oath on the Koran? It makes sense. Is she also the one who wears the hijab that has so many on the fainting couch?
Distinction is that Islam is not part of the cultural foundation of the US. Christianity is.
Actually, a large % of the slaves brought from Africa were muslim....we had muslims here since before we became a nation.
Nice try. They were slaves and I doubt they were Muslim anyway.
So they don't count because they were slaves? And why would you doubt they were muslim when by the 1500s, most of West Africa was muslim?

Oh that's absolutely true.

>> Enslaved Muslims were brought to the United States with distinct cultural and religious beliefs. They succeeded in forming networks and communities, and they maintained their religious identity despite overwhelming odds. The material culture Muslims left behind—books, writings, clothing, beads, and rugs—help tell their stories today. As Katie Brown, great-granddaughter of Bilali Mohammad, recalls, these objects were an integral part of their religious practice and identity.

.... The Islam brought to America by enslaved Africans did not survive long, but it left traces that are still visible today. The practice of Ring Shout, a form of religious dance in which men and women rotate counterclockwise while singing, clapping their hands, and shuffling their feet, was directly inherited from enslaved Muslims such as Bilali Mohammed and Salih Bilali in the Georgia Sea Islands. It originally mimicked the ritual circling (or shaw’t) of the Kaaba in Mecca by Muslim pilgrims. Interviews of formerly enslaved people collected by the Works Progress Administration in the 1930s contain reminiscences of rice cakes called saraka, which were handed out during rituals and feast days. From the Arabic word sadaqah, or freewill offering, this charity is an aspect of zakat, one of the Five Pillars of Islam. And early blues singers, like those recorded by ethnomusicologist Alan Lomax in “Levee Camp Holler,” employed singing styles reminiscent of the adhan, or call to prayer. They use sweeping and extended vocalizations to fill the words with intense emotions. << --- Smitsonian

>> Muslim slaves in America were quite significant in number, probably reaching into the thousands. Historian Michael Gomez points out that between 400,000 and 523,000 Africans came to America during the slave trade, at least 200,000 came from areas influenced by Islam, thus Muslims may have come to America in the thousands, if not tens of thousands. [2]

Many of the advertisements for runaway slaves had Muslim names on them even though they were rarely identified as such because their masters associated them with supply zones; however they were identified by name, place, or origin. Both of these sources tell us that these slaves were Muslim. Additionally, Muslim slaves made a genuine effort to practice and maintain their religious beliefs; they also educated fellow non-Muslim slaves about Islam, many of whom converted [3]

In the New World, African Muslim slaves were noted for their resistance to the institution of slavery. In Brazil, hundreds of African Muslim slaves planned and executed a major uprising in Bahia in 1835, they fought soldiers and civilians in the streets of Salvador. Additionally, some Muslim slaves played a role in the revolt on the Spanish slave ship Amistad in the Caribbean in 1839. [4]

Muslim slaves were also known for their strong adherence to Islam and even at times converting others to Islam. The slave Mohammad Sisei, was manumitted by his master because of his stubborn adherence to Islam and returned to Africa in 1811 [5]. Ex-slave Charles Ball, one of the first African Americans to publish an autobiography was in awe by the religious discipline and resistance to Christianity of a 19th century Muslim slave. He wrote:

At the time I first went to Carolina, there were a great many African slaves in the country. . . .I became intimately acquainted with some of these men. . . .I knew several, tho must have been, from what I have since learned, Mohamedans; though at that time, I had never heard of the religion of Mohammed. There was one man on this plantation, who prayed five times every day always turning his face to the East, when in the performance of his devotions. [6]​

...It is without a doubt that Muslim slaves and Islam have been part of this country since its creation. This is a fact that is deliberately or unintentionally overlooked and ignored by many. Islam and Muslims are constantly made to appear “new” or foreign to America. In actuality, Muslims were part of the many slaves brought to this country by force. Muslim blood, sweat, and tears have fell on the land of the Americas much earlier than the arrival of immigrants from other European countries. << --- Muslim Slaves: America's First Muslims

This isn’t trivial you retarded, twisted motherfuckers... we expect our elected politicians to swear on the Bible because that’s what Americans fucking do. Please keep this shit up… Please!
Evidently not

Nor should they be expected to.

Negative…One fucked in the head, filthy carpet munching whore with severe daddy issues doesn’t.

This isn’t trivial you retarded, twisted motherfuckers... we expect our elected politicians to swear on the Bible because that’s what Americans fucking do. Please keep this shit up… Please!

There it is isn't it. "Because that's what we fucking do".

What a great reason to do something ---- "because we always have". That way we're guaranteed to get what we always got.

Interestingly "because that's what we've always done this" is the same reasoning used for shit like FGM and "honor killings". What a great plan that is.

No...real Americans believe in freedom of religion....christer sharia supporters such as yourself want this to be a theocracy where people are forced to pretend they are so-called christians.

Democrat Sen. Kyrsten Sinema Refuses to Take Oath of Office on Bible

I guess this is what Democrats would call "progress", electing a bisexual who refused to take the oath of office on a Bible.

So what? She chose not to put her hand on a book of fairy tales and that is supposed to upset me? I'm more bothered by her radical agenda which would damage the nation and her contempt for the people of her state she is supposed to be representing for the next six years.
What agenda is that?

I recall Obama leaving Trump an economy so strong that Trump took credit for it before even getting into office...

What kind of economy did the last republican president leave?

Not true at all

Our laws are not based on the Bible and do not follow it
Our Constitution is a superior document
again not completely true

I never said it was based on the bible but on christian values

why do you keep changing what I say???

you do read english dont you???

Which Christian values?

Free speech? Not in the Bible
Freedom of the press? Not in the Bible
Freedom of religion? Not in the Bible
Cruel and unusual punishment? Not in Bible

oh good lord you are a fcking dumbass,,,

WHEN DID i SAY THEY TOOK IT FROM THE BIBLE???
You claim Christian values are in the Constitution

Show me which parts of the Constitution reflect Christian values

THAT IS NOT WHAT i SAID,,,

YOU ARE starting to show us why inbreeding is not a good idea

“I never said it was based on the bible but on christian values”

Your quote

Show me which part of the Constitution is based on Christian values

Evidently not

Negative…One fucked in the head, filthy carpet munching whore with severe daddy issues doesn’t.

Pogo's second law: Given a female with whom they disagree, the knuckledraggers will invariably resort to irrelevant sexual critiques, either "she's ugly" or "she's a whore".

Check.

Corollary to Pogo's Second Law: if the female happens to be black she is subject to gender transformation as well.

Refusing to take an oath on the Bible is really a good look for her with all of those Catholic Hispanics flooding into her state.

Just sayin'.
They should know it's a secular state. Not part of the bible belt.

No, they should understand Freedom of Religious expression in the First Amendment, and would likely not appreciate her anti-Christian stance which wishes to crush all Religious Expression.
When has she declared an anti-christian stance? Link it for us please.

Here you go: Christians and other people of faith should hide it:

"I'm not a member of any faith community, and I think faith is a deeply personal issue that individuals should deal with in their private lives.

Pete Stark’s post-Congress gig: Atheistic role model

I'll bet she completely supporters the harassment and attacks on the Christian baker in Colorado.

No...real Americans believe in freedom of religion....christer sharia supporters such as yourself want this to be a theocracy where people are forced to pretend they are so-called christians.

Our Constitution is a superior moral document to the Bible

Bible contains many parts that are against our laws

again not completely true

I never said it was based on the bible but on christian values

why do you keep changing what I say???

you do read english dont you???

Which Christian values?

Your quote

I was refering to the people that wrote it,,,they based what they put on paper on those values,,,

after that I would suggest you read the federalist papers and some of their private papers,,,

most of the founders left extensive writings on it,,I would focus on the ones that wrote it for your answers

after that its not my job to educate you on common knowledge

Which Christian values?

Your quote

I was refering to the people that wrote it,,,they based what they put on paper on those values,,,

after that I would suggest you read the federalist papers and some of their private papers,,,

Actually they based it on the concept of Liberalism. Christianism had nothing to do with that; in fact distancing themselves (us) from the Church was and is one of the whole points of Liberalism --- freedom from theocracy.

In a nutshell Liberalism means that power derives from the consent of those governed, and NOT from either an Aristocracy or a Church. So if it's theocracy you're after you'll need to find another country.

What's with all the commas? Are you a 1950s pop singer? "Comma comma down doo be doo down down"?

Our Constitution is a superior moral document to the Bible

Bible contains many parts that are against our laws

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other

Founders Online: From John Adams to Massachusetts Militia, 11 October 1798

Your quote

Actually they based it on the concept of Liberalism. Christianism had nothing to do with that; in fact distancing themselves (us) from the Church was and is one of the whole points of Liberalism --- freedom from theocracy.

In a nutshell Liberalism means that power derives from the consent of those governed, and NOT from either an Aristocracy or a Church. So if it's theocracy you're after you'll need to find another country.

What's with all the commas? Are you a 1950s pop singer? "Comma comma down doo be doo down down"?

that is why they left god out of it,,,smallest government biggest freedom

dont worry about the commas,,,turrets is a bitch,,,if I had it

Your quote

"If I had it"?

Are you OJ now?

Btw turrets are found on castles.

Your quote

"If I had it"?

Are you OJ now?

Btw turrets are found on castles.
I felt guilty saying I had turrets so I said "if I had it"

whos OJ,,,,I havent killed my wife if thats what youre asking

Th significance of taking an oath on the Bible used to be that you placed your soul in jeapardy if you lied after that in regards to what you swore to tell the whole Truth about.

It is obviously insignificant to a faithless people.

Evidently not

Pogo's second law: Given a female with whom they disagree, the knuckledraggers will invariably resort to irrelevant sexual critiques, either "she's ugly" or "she's a whore".

Check.

Corollary to Pogo's Second Law: if the female happens to be black she is subject to gender transformation as well.

Pogo, you can be justifiably proud how your fellow liberals adhere to your second law whenever they speak of a woman with whom they disagree politically.

And when that woman happens to be black she is automatically declared to be a house ni66er.

Which Christian values?

Your quote

most of the founders left extensive writings on it,,I would focus on the ones that wrote it for your answers

after that its not my job to educate you on common knowledge
Our Constitution was based on American Values....Liberty, Justice, Freedom

Christianity is based on fealty to God, rights of the individual are an afterthought

Forum List

Back