🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democratic Honchos Are Missing The Big Picture

Speaking of missing the Big Picture!
I saw this on that commie infiltrated Facebook,,,
Conservatives Turn on McConnell And Anoint Ted Cruz The Leader Of Congress
It is a fairly safe bet that next to the Koch brothers, Heritage Foundation, Senate Conservative Fund, and the Club for Growth, no-one in Washington was as excited with the results of the midterm elections as corrupt Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell. It is also likely that McConnell has yearned to be Majority Leader throughout his political career, and although he may end up winning that coveted title, he will be Majority Leader in name only because pure conservatives at Heritage Action, Club for Growth, and the Senate Conservative Fund already have anointed Texas Ted Cruz as de facto leader of both chambers of Congress because he will deliver the ideological conservative goods, or decimate the government which is still a win in their minds.
Conservatives Turn on McConnell And Anoint Ted Cruz The Leader Of Congress

Now it's pretty evident that the source is very much liberal and I sense certain bias based hysteria.
But, it's story wouldn't surprise me.
The GOP won because they broadened their appeal by recruiting moderates who beat their far right challengers in the primaries. In fact, the Tea Party has been marginalized mostly by their own doings. But I can still see a far right attempt to force their way into power because that's just the way they are. For some odd reason, they think that most of America thinks like them, despite every poll showing a very large unfavorable impression by those polled. And of course they were largely failures in this years primary elections. But they still don't get it.
So, I expect a potential coup attempt of the GOP Establishment by the unpopular far right. Now that would be a huge mistake in reading and analyzing the election results.
Again, I don't take this article seriously because I know what kind of news resource it is. But my gut tells me that it still will likely happen.
Now that's the far right "missing the Big Picture".
Carry on.

By what measure are the Tea Party extreme? A tad old fashioned (yay) perhaps but extreme?? Nope.

I like the old fashioned ways of understanding the world. Classical Science...you know; where models are tested against reality, high moral and ethical standards, equality under the Law, Justice for the poor as well as the Rich, belief in hard work and a good education....substance of Character and charity to all. Nothing wrong with some plain old common decency to my way of thinking.

Greg

I seem to be missing where I called them extreme.
BUT, there must be a reason why Republican and American support for the Tea Party has shrunk
Four Years in GOP Support for Tea Party Down to 41
That's probably why the GOP recruited moderates to run in the primaries and why the Tea Party's showing in the primaries was the worse showing yet by the Tea Party. The GOP showing moderation, certainly helped them in the midterms. The GOP establishment recognized that the moderate segment the voter demographic has grown to become the largest segment.

We'll see who flocks where in 2016, when instead of Democrats having to defend a slew of Senate seats in red states,

the Republicans will have to defend a slew of Senate seats in blue states.

The map is completely reversed in 2016. Every advantage the GOP had in 2014 will be a Democrat advantage in 2016.

If the GOP put in place the right policies and effectively implement them then people will vote for them. The Dems didn't do that.

Greg

This is true. They have a huge opportunity to rewrite conventional wisdom.

Forum List

Back