Democratic National Committee Meeting

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
I just watched the President Obama's Democratic National Committee Meeting speech. After almost six years of watching him give speeches, plus that Democratic National Convention speech, I believe that was the best speech he has ever given. Given that he flubbed the closing of a speech just over half hour long one might not put it up there, let alone above, all the others. The speeches in 2008 were "I have a dream"-esk and they definitely got him elected but they were more written than felt. 2012 was strong and strategic and checkmated Romney in the end but it was the determination and the strength of Obama not his core. All the other speeches were some version or combination of those two. The speech Friday has some of his best traits. He has a sense of humor that is truly warm, honest, and spontaneous. He can also handle an interruption in his speech like no one I have ever seen. He can hear it, understand it, respond in a amusing yet sincere manner, and then roll right back into his speech. There was one line somewhere near the middle of the speech which is the one line I have been waiting all these years to hear. Ironically it is why he flubbed the the close. There is one person who would understand that line better than anyone else. That person visited NCCU in 2008. He is standing upon one person's mountain. Question is, is he bold enough to build his own?

Sorry, got my years messed up. Michelle was 2012. Mr. Obama was November 1st, 2007.
[ame=http://youtu.be/mj4Sd2Y8o1c]Barack Obama @ NCCU - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back