Democratic Senators Scrambling for Cover...

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
The ObamaCare Dozen
The Democrats who voted for the debacle are now scrambling for cover

The Senators up for re-election in competitive states in 2014 are starting to panic, though they still aren't offering solutions for anything other than their own growing political jeopardy.

Colorado's Michael Bennet
Alaska's Mark Begich
Oregon's Jeff Merkley
New Hampshire's Jeanne Shaheen
Mark Pryor (Arkansas)
Mark Udall (Colorado
Louisiana's Mary Landrieu
Virginia's Mark Warner
Al Franken Minnesota
N. Carolina’s Kay Hagen
Hawaii’s Brian Schatz
New Mexico’s Tom Udall
Virginia’s Mark Warner

These Senators may lose their seat, giving up the Senate giving the House and the Senate to the Republicans. That, Mr. President will be you Signature Accomplishment.

(More than a dozen Senators are in trouble from Obamacare…Sixteen went to see the President in a panic. But he made things so much better. He held their hands and told them “Everything was going to be alright.” Just like in 2010.)

The ObamaCare Dozen

The Senators up for re-election in competitive states in 2014 are starting to panic, though they still aren't offering solutions for anything other than their own growing political jeopardy.

Alaska's Mark Begich
Oregon's Jeff Merkley
Mark Pryor (Arkansas)
Mark Udall (Colorado
Virginia's Mark Warner
Al Franken Minnesota
N. Carolina’s Kay Hagen
Hawaii’s Brian Schatz
New Mexico’s Tom Udall
Virginia’s Mark Warner

These Senators may lose their seat, giving up the Senate giving the House and the Senate to the Republicans. That, Mr. President will be you Signature Accomplishment.

(More than a dozen Senators are in trouble from Obamacare…Sixteen went to see the President in a panic. But he made things so much better. He held their hands and told them “Everything was going to be alright.” Just like in 2010.)

How are they "starting to panic"?

The ObamaCare Dozen

Alaska's Mark Begich
Oregon's Jeff Merkley
Mark Pryor (Arkansas)
Mark Udall (Colorado
Virginia's Mark Warner
Al Franken Minnesota
N. Carolina’s Kay Hagen
Hawaii’s Brian Schatz
New Mexico’s Tom Udall
Virginia’s Mark Warner

Who is going up against Landrieu? Franken is easy but I would prefer to park my butt down in LA.

I prefer fighting in warm climates. :eusa_angel:

Who are the R's against. See this pisses me clean off. All these seats should have had someone up for them.

Wait a minute just for fun. What are state rules?

Hehehehehehe. Nah I'll be a good girl. Maybe I won't.

The ObamaCare Dozen

Alaska's Mark Begich
Oregon's Jeff Merkley
Mark Pryor (Arkansas)
Mark Udall (Colorado
Virginia's Mark Warner
Al Franken Minnesota
N. Carolina’s Kay Hagen
Hawaii’s Brian Schatz
New Mexico’s Tom Udall
Virginia’s Mark Warner

By calling for a delay? Or are you too inept to read actual news?

'agitated', 'frustrated' and their nerves are 'rattled', responding to "fear, doubt and a crisis of confidence".....if that 50K number is correct as far as 'enrollment information' goes, I'd say panic is just around the corner....:lol:

The ObamaCare Dozen

Alaska's Mark Begich
Oregon's Jeff Merkley
Mark Pryor (Arkansas)
Mark Udall (Colorado
Virginia's Mark Warner
Al Franken Minnesota
N. Carolina’s Kay Hagen
Hawaii’s Brian Schatz
New Mexico’s Tom Udall
Virginia’s Mark Warner

By calling for a delay? Or are you too inept to read actual news?

Calling for a delay = starting to panic? How so?

I doubt seriously if the Dems are more nervous than the R that are in the bulls eye of the Baggers...

Who is Landreiu's opponent? Can someone tell me this right now?

Yea I can. His name is Colonel Rob Maness.

100416-F-1035P-001.jpg

National Defense PAC endorses Col. Robert L Maness (USAF) in Louisiana U.S. Senate race | Rob Maness for Senate

Last edited:
The ObamaCare Dozen

Alaska's Mark Begich
Oregon's Jeff Merkley
Mark Pryor (Arkansas)
Mark Udall (Colorado
Virginia's Mark Warner
Al Franken Minnesota
N. Carolina’s Kay Hagen
Hawaii’s Brian Schatz
New Mexico’s Tom Udall
Virginia’s Mark Warner

Most of them were the deciding votes allowing Obamacare to become law. Now they are regretting those votes and fear their seats are in jeopardy. If they don't have an opponent now, it's just a matter of time and the ads will be blistering.

Last week they went to see Barry and got no relief.

Fearing Senate Losses, Dems Now Urge Obamacare Delay

A growing number of panicky Senate Democrats are urging President Obama to extend the enrollment period for the star-crossed Affordable Care Act and even postpone for a year a requirement that uninsured Americans sign up for Obamacare or pay a penalty.

Obamacare Tech Fail May Do What the GOP Couldn’t

Republicans failed spectacularly in their plan to use the budget and debt ceiling crisis to derail the implementation of Obamacare. Their grand strategy led to a 16-day government shutdown—which was defused last week by a bargain to reopen the federal government and raise the debt limit through early next year, in return for a largely cosmetic tweak to the 2010 Affordable Care Act.

Now, ironically, the odds of portions of Obamacare getting delayed for a year look better than ever. The Tea Party could have won without their self-defeating protest, simply allowing the glitches to pile up after what appears to be an incompetent launch of the online insurance exchanges this month. The myriad of obstacles raise questions as to whether the White House will be forced to push back deadlines and even postpone the tax penalty for Americans who forgo health coverage.
- See more at: Obamacare Tech Fail May Do What the GOP Couldn?t | The Fiscal Times

Obamacare Premiums Are the Tip of Consumer Costs

Until now, the media and consumers have focused mainly on how much monthly insurance premiums will cost individual buyers on the Obamacare exchanges. Now that the plans are available, there’s a range of premiums—including some relatively low cost options—depending on the age and location of the purchaser, the size of his family, and whether he smokes.

Most analyses find that young, healthy consumers will pay higher premiums than those they’re currently paying on the individual market (with richer benefits), while older consumers will find plans with lower premiums than they find now. Looking solely at the premiums, however, doesn’t give a true picture of a plan’s cost, since many of the low-premium plans come with extremely high deductibles and other out-of-pocket costs.

- See more at: Obamacare Premiums Are the Tip of Consumer Costs | The Fiscal Times

Why Divorce Attorneys Will Love Obamacare

Someone in the White House thinks marriage is a bad idea.
Earlier this year, TFT showed that a high-earning couple, each with incomes of $400,000, would save about $27,000 annually if they divorced and filed their taxes separately. Now we learn that the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, is dangling a similar fate in front of middle income earners.

A typical 40-year old couple with two kids could save $7,230 a year by divorcing if one partner earns, say, $70,000 and the other $23,000. Sixty year-olds earning $62,041 each a year would save $11,028 annually if they broke up.

- See more at: Why Divorce Attorneys Will Love Obamacare | The Fiscal Times

Why Divorce Attorneys Will Love Obamacare | The Fiscal Times

Obamacare facts... very interesting..and sad.

Goodness I used to do divorces for people over medical reasons all the time. I had a social worker feeding me the clients.

If your buying your own insurance you might want to check this out from the Manhattan institute there is some major rate hikes out there.
Manhattan Institute - The ObamaCare Impact
The Manhattan Institute is a republican think tank/political action committee. In other words it qualifies as a 501(C)(3) which means half of the money it receives is supposed to go to charity. The other half is donated to conservative politicians and causes. It is what I often refer to as an ultra right sewer site.
I do not read crap from such sites, nor do I post any links to them. And just to clear the air, when I state "I do not read crap from such sites" I AM REFERRING TO LEFT WING SEWER SITES ALSO.

If your buying your own insurance you might want to check this out from the Manhattan institute there is some major rate hikes out there.
Manhattan Institute - The ObamaCare Impact
The Manhattan Institute is a republican think tank/political action committee. In other words it qualifies as a 501(C)(3) which means half of the money it receives is supposed to go to charity. The other half is donated to conservative politicians and causes. It is what I often refer to as an ultra right sewer site.
I do not read crap from such sites, nor do I post any links to them. And just to clear the air, when I state "I do not read crap from such sites" I AM REFERRING TO LEFT WING SEWER SITES ALSO.
You don't read left wing sewer sites really I have to wonder about that considering many of the leftwing sites describe it pretty much the same way you did. In any event it shows the old rates and new ones you will pay with Obamacare in effect now in every state the young tend to pay more men more than women and it varies from state some have big increases some decreases and in some cases little change you might consider actually checking it out before condemning it.

Of course the Dems are starting to fear losing seats.

I mean really. They passed that POS ACA all on their own. Might have helped them if they had bothered to read the damned thing instead of wanting to be part of that "historic moment."

Folks are now getting a good look at the ACA and most ain't pleased.

Gonna be kinda hard to defend their positions when they run for re-election. Guess they will be kissing that comfy congressionial seat bye, bye.

Who is Landreiu's opponent? Can someone tell me this right now?

I heard on Hannity that she flew with Obama on Air Force One to Louisiana last week for his campaign tour then quickly went into the witness protection program and has not been seen. She ditched Odummer at a New Orleans event. lol

-Geaux

The ObamaCare Dozen

Alaska's Mark Begich
Oregon's Jeff Merkley
Mark Pryor (Arkansas)
Mark Udall (Colorado
Virginia's Mark Warner
Al Franken Minnesota
N. Carolina’s Kay Hagen
Hawaii’s Brian Schatz
New Mexico’s Tom Udall
Virginia’s Mark Warner

They aren't.

Forum List

Back