Democrats adding "bail out" irresponsible homeowners to financial bill.

bailing the struggling homeowners by putting them in to a fixed mortgage for them to pay would affect us homeowners not involved in this mess the MOST, along with our gvt, who now owns all of the foreclosed homes....we need the housing market to IMPROVE so that the gvt gets our money BACK when they sell the assets they just bought or nationalized!

the dems are absolutely RIGHT in insisting on this! in fact, they should have done this LONG ago, then the banks/insurance companies wouldn't have needed the major bailouts they're getting now....

HELLO--LOWER fixed mortgage rates have been available forever to people struggling. Re-negotiating of loans have been offered. Most walked on the house instead of refinancing to a lower fixed rate

Think about it? If you don't have to put any money down on a home, or offer up any collateral--the home you just bought is more like a rental, you can no longer afford to stay in. It's very easy to walk out. This is exactly what has happened.

Last edited:
HELLO--LOWER fixed mortgage rates have been available forever to people struggling. Most walked on the house instead of refinancing to a lower fixed rate

Think about it? If you don't have to put any money down on a home, or offer up any collateral--the home you just bought is more like a rental home you can no longer afford to stay in. It's very easy to walk out. That's what has happened.
nooooooooooo oreo, they were refused conventional mortgages by the banks when the time came to refinance their adjustable mortgages....

I'm a realtor. I know a hell of a lot about mortgages.

The problem came in 2000 when Phil Gramm changed the laws and that took the risk out of risky lending. The mortgage companies would lend money to bad credit people and then sell the mortgage the day after closing. There was no risk to them at all. I was fortunate enough to only have one client who fit this description. He used a mortgage company that I knew was a ripoff, and I warned him not to use them, but he used them anyway. When we got to the closing, the lawyer told me the guy had two 40 year mortgages. I was floored! If he had discussed this with me, I would have told him to rent instead.

DITTO-- I have a good friend that is a successful realtor in my town. She took this couple around for about two weeks, in homes that she believed they could afford. One day, they looked at this $450,000 dollar home, & she immediately said that according to their income, there was no way they could afford it.

They immediately fired her, went to some bank & was actually able to get the loan. Of course, 3 months later they were in foreclosure. I imagine too, that this bank immediately sold this mortgage to another so they wouldn't eat it.

this is when the pyramid scam of the banks and financial institutions fell like humpty dumpty...when mortgages were not avail to the adjustables....

as long as the adjustables were fixed and not adjusting upwards and as long as conventionals were avail to them for refinancing, nothing was wrong with the housing market.

but once the conventionals were not avail to them people started to default on their loans, which put more homes on to the market, which increased supply which then lowered the value of homes, which then made it even harder to refinance in to a conventional because they had no equity in their home which was needed to get the conventional, which then made the situation worse because more and more homes were being foreclosed which then lead the market for homes down even further, with the supply now much much more than demand, which then lead in to even lower drops in housing prices, which then made it even HARDER to refi in to a conventional because they held UPSIDE DOWN mortgages....they owed more than their houses were now WORTH in the market place, thus now making it IMPOSSIBLE to refi in to a conventional loan.

the pyramid fell.

it worked great when home prices were going up.... :eek:

bailing the struggling homeowners by putting them in to a fixed mortgage for them to pay would affect us homeowners not involved in this mess the MOST, along with our gvt, who now owns all of the foreclosed homes....we need the housing market to IMPROVE so that the gvt gets our money BACK when they sell the assets they just bought or nationalized!

the dems are absolutely RIGHT in insisting on this! in fact, they should have done this LONG ago, then the banks/insurance companies wouldn't have needed the major bailouts they're getting now....

How about we just have the Demos and their swindlers that lined their pockets with the cash, pay back the money and then garnish their wages for the next century? Sounds like a plan to me. Why should I have to pay for this crap while they get away with FRAUD and live in mansions?

How about we just have the Demos and their swindlers that lined their pockets with the cash, pay back the money and then garnish their wages for the next century? Sounds like a plan to me. Why should I have to pay for this crap while they get away with FRAUD and live in mansions?

What a crock of shit.

The Republicans created the crisis, and they walked away with the money.

mindless partisan drivel.... :(

nooooooooooo oreo, they were refused conventional mortgages by the banks when the time came to refinance their adjustable mortgages....

No--what you mean to say, that these people could not "qualify" for the lower rate. Meaning that they bought a home that they could not afford in the first place. RIGHT?

What a crock of shit.

The Republicans created the crisis, and they walked away with the money.

The only one's who committed fraud and walked away with money are sitting advisors for Obama on economic issues.

Jim Johnson
From 1991 to 1998, he served as chairman and chief executive officer of the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae), the quasi-public organization that guarantees mortgages for millions of American homeowners. Previously, he was vice chairman of Fannie Mae (1990-1991) and a managing director with Lehman Brothers (1985-1990). An Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) report[1] from September 2004 found that, during Johnson's tenure as CEO, Fannie Mae had improperly deferred $200 million in expenses. This enabled top executives, including Johnson and his successor, Franklin Raines, to receive substantial bonuses in 1998.[2] A 2006 OFHEO report[3] found that Fannie Mae had substantially under-reported Johnson's compensation. Originally reported as $6-7 million, Johnson actually received approximately $21 million.

As of 2006, he is a vice chairman of the private banking firm Perseus LLC, a position he has held since 2001. He is also a board member at Goldman Sachs, Gannett Company, Inc., a media holding group, KB Home, a home construction firm, Target Corporation, Temple-Inland, and UnitedHealth Group.

Johnson has also served as chairman of both the Kennedy Center for the Arts (1996-2004) and the Brookings Institution (1994-2003). He is also a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the American Friends of Bilderberg, the Council on Foreign Relations, and the Trilateral Commission.

On May 22, 2008, Democratic Party officials confidentially divulged that Obama had asked Johnson "to lead the process" for selecting Obama's running mate.[4] On June 4, 2008, Obama announced the formation of a three person committee to vet vice presidential candidates, including Johnson.[5] However, Johnson soon became a source of controversy when it was reported that he had received loans directly from Angelo Mozilo, the CEO of Countrywide Financial, a company implicated in the U.S. subprime mortgage crisis.[6] Although he was not accused of any wrongdoing and was initially defended by Obama on the grounds that he was simply an unpaid volunteer, Johnson announced he would step down from the vice-presidential vetting position on June 11, 2008 in order to avoid being a distraction to Obama's campaign. [7]

Johnson is a strong Obama supporter who has personally donated the maximum $4,600 to his 2008 Presidential campaign, as well as $1,000 to Obama's Senate campaign in 2004.[8] In addition to personal donations, Johnson is a bundler for the Obama campaign, raising between $200,000 and $500,000.[9
James A. Johnson (businessman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Frank Raines
On December 21, 2004 Raines accepted what he called "early retirement" [2] from his position as CEO while U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigators continued to investigate alleged accounting irregularities. He is accused by The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO), the regulating body of Fannie Mae, of abetting widespread accounting errors, which included the shifting of losses so senior executives, such as himself, could earn large bonuses [3].

In 2006, the OFHEO announced a suit against Raines in order to recover some or all of the $50 million in payments made to Raines based on the overstated earnings [4] initially estimated to be $9 billion but have been announced as 6.3 billion.[2].

Civil charges were filed against Raines and two other former executives by the OFHEO in which the OFHEO sought $110 million in penalties and $115 million in returned bonuses from the three accused.[5] On April 18, 2008, the government announced a settlement with Raines together with J. Timothy Howard, Fannie's former chief financial officer, and Leanne G. Spencer, Fannie's former controller. The three executives agreed to pay fines totaling about $3 million, which will be paid by Fannie's insurance policies. Raines also agreed to donate the proceeds from the sale of $1.8 million of his Fannie stock and to give up stock options. The stock options however have no value. Raines also gave up an estimated $5.3 million of "other benefits" said to be related to his pension and forgone bonuses.[6]

An editorial in The Wall Street Journal called it a "paltry settlement" which allowed Raines and the other two executives to "keep the bulk of their riches." [7] In 2003 alone, Raines's compensation was over $20 million.[3]

A statement issued by Raines said of the consent order, "is consistent with my acceptance of accountability as the leader of Fannie Mae and with my strong denial of the allegations made against me by OFHEO."[4]

In a settlement with OFHEO and the Securities and Exchange Commission, Fannie paid a record $400 million civil fine. Fannie, which is the largest American financier and guarantor of home mortgages, also agreed to make changes in its corporate culture and accounting procedures and ways of managing risk. [8]

In June 2008 The Wall Street Journal reported that Franklin Raines was one of several public officials who received below market rates loans at Countrywide Financial because the corporation considered the officeholders "FOA's"--"Friends of Angelo" (Countrywide Chief Executive Angelo Mozilo). He received loans for over $3 million while CEO of Fannie Mae. [5]

On July 16, 2008, The Washington Post reported that Franklin Raines had "taken calls from Barack Obama's presidential campaign seeking his advice on mortgage and housing policy matters." [6]. Also, in an editorial in August 27, 2008 titled "Tough Decision Coming", the Washington Post editorial staff claimed that "Two members of Mr. Obama's political circle, James A. Johnson and Franklin D. Raines, are former chief executives of Fannie Mae."[7]

On September 18, 2008 John McCain's Campaign, published a campaign ad that quoted the Washington Post's claim that Franklin Raines advises Barack Obama on economic matters. The ad also notes that "Raines made millions and then left Fannie Mae while it was under investigation for accounting irregularities".[8] Both Raines and the Obama Campaign claim that Raines is not an Obama advisor and has never advised Senator Obama. [9] When the claim that Reines was an Obama advisor appeared multiple times in the Washington Post (first July 16th) months before the McCain ad, the Obama campaign didn't seek a correction however they did seek a correction from the Post after the ad appeared. [10] [11]

Franklin Raines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Community Reinvestment Act (or CRA, Pub.L. 95-128, title VIII, 91 Stat. 1147, 12 U.S.C. § 2901 et seq.) is a United States federal law that requires banks and thrifts to offer credit throughout their entire market area and prohibits them from targeting only wealthier neighborhoods with their services, a practice known as "redlining." The purpose of the CRA is to provide credit, including home ownership opportunities to underserved populations and commercial loans to small businesses.

I've said this a million times, and I don't know who told me, which was a laughable comment, but never got around to answering it, but before you come back and tell me that the Savings and Loan Crisis made this meaningless, You may want to go and read a history book . This Law was put into effect by Jimmy Carter, then strengthened under the Clinton Administration. Who by the way, signed and praised the Gramm , banking bill. I think its quite hilarious for democrats to run about blaming republicans for this crisis when every single bill and and the top receivers of PAC money from these institutions are the democrats. Another, thing, you may want to look at too , is Goldman -Sachs is one of Obama's top supporters as well, not to mention the fact he was the number #2 man on the receiver list from Fannie/Freddie. However, to say that homeowners have no responsibility in this and to force people that are paying their mortgage's on time in a scheme to bail out those that have not is a farce. When someone takes out a mortgage be a ARM or a 30 year fix rate or whatever it is, they accept responsibility TO PAY IT!!! be it 2% or 200%. If they don't then their home gets foreclosed, no one forced them to buy their home, however, now we are being forced to bail them out. So what I am calling my congressman about tomorrow is that, if he does not proved a provision in that bill like a BIG CHECK to pay all those people who have been paying their mortgages on time, then to vote against ANY bail out period. This is the craziest thing I have ever seen in this country, now we are accepting irresponsibility as an excuse for the government to come to our rescue.

this is when the pyramid scam of the banks and financial institutions fell like humpty dumpty...when mortgages were not avail to the adjustables....

as long as the adjustables were fixed and not adjusting upwards and as long as conventionals were avail to them for refinancing, nothing was wrong with the housing market.

but once the conventionals were not avail to them people started to default on their loans, which put more homes on to the market, which increased supply which then lowered the value of homes, which then made it even harder to refinance in to a conventional because they had no equity in their home which was needed to get the conventional, which then made the situation worse because more and more homes were being foreclosed which then lead the market for homes down even further, with the supply now much much more than demand, which then lead in to even lower drops in housing prices, which then made it even HARDER to refi in to a conventional because they held UPSIDE DOWN mortgages....they owed more than their houses were now WORTH in the market place, thus now making it IMPOSSIBLE to refi in to a conventional loan.

the pyramid fell.

it worked great when home prices were going up.... :eek:

That's the point. Many of these people believed that mortgage rates would drop, or that the value of their homes would raise. You know, I think one would make a better bet in Las Vegas. Mortgage rates always go up & down. Why were'nt these people qualified at the HIGH end of the ARM or whatever mortgage they were buying? Where was the oversight, were were the underwriters in all of this?

Also, how many of these homes where bought by the flip & sell investors. I can't believe that "flip that house" is still a program on T.V. Buy it, paint it & sell for a huge profit 1 month later.

You being in real estate, & me being a small business owner--it's critical that our financial markets work for US--those of us that pay our mortgages, pay our bills & make things work. That's what this bill is all about. If it didn't happen our availability to loans, including your way of making a living would be completely cut off.

The housing crash came on us like the tech crash. No one bailed out millions of Americans who got slaughtered in that. I don't feel sorry for the guy who you talked about, or the couple I mentioned, & I certainly don't want to flip the bill for them.

Last edited:
Enron was Bush's top campaign contributor....

The Enron scandal was a financial scandal involving Enron Corporation (NYSE ticker symbol: ENE) and its accounting firm Arthur Andersen, that was revealed in late 2001. After a series of revelations involving irregular accounting procedures conducted throughout the 1990s, Enron was on the verge of bankruptcy by November of 2001. A white knight rescue attempt by a similar, smaller energy company, Dynegy, was not viable. Enron filed for bankruptcy on December 2, 2001.

As the scandal was revealed, Enron shares dropped from over US$90.00 to less than 50¢. As Enron had been considered a blue chip stock, this was an unprecedented and disastrous event in the financial world. Enron's plunge occurred after it was revealed that much of its profits and revenue were the result of deals with special purpose entities (limited partnerships which it controlled). The result was that many of Enron's debts and the losses that it suffered were not reported in its financial statements.

In addition, the scandal caused the dissolution of Arthur Andersen, which at the time was one of the world's top five accounting firms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron_scandal

Last edited:
That's the point. Many of these people believed that mortgage rates would drop, or that the value of their homes would raise. You know, I think one would make a better bet in Las Vegas. Mortgage rates always go up & down. Why were'nt these people qualified at the HIGH end of the ARM or whatever mortgage they were buying? Where was the oversight, were were the underwriters in all of this?

Also, how many of these homes where bought by the flip & sell investors. I can't believe that "flip that house" is still a program on T.V. Buy it, paint it & sell for a huge profit 1 month later.

The housing crash came on us like the tech crash. No one bailed out millions of Americans who got slaughtered in that.

when my husband and I took out our first mortgage together we had to supply PROOF of our income, PROOF of all debt, PROOF of all assets, and a number of other things in order to qualify for a mortgage...whatever stopped the banks from continuing such sound business practice is BEYOND ME other than what you;ve been saying, the selling off of debt or these mortgages the minute they suckered the homeowner in to the subprime mortgage was what helped keep the whole ruse going....

when my husband and I took out our first mortgage together we had to supply PROOF of our income, PROOF of all debt, PROOF of all assets, and a number of other things in order to qualify for a mortgage...whatever stopped the banks from continuing such sound business practice is BEYOND ME other than what you;ve been saying, the selling off of debt or these mortgages the minute they suckered the homeowner in to the subprime mortgage was what helped keep the whole ruse going....

Let me ask you something? do you think these banks held a gun to these peoples head and said sign this mortgage or else? The bottom line is this , if someone does not have the ability to pay their mortgage their house gets foreclosed, if a bank makes bad loans they are SUPPOSED to go out of business if they make too many of them. It's actually quote simple, when your bank asked you for proof of income they were making sure that your income, was enough for the house you were purchasing, however, you as the homeowner knew or at least I hope you knew, that if you made 25,000.00 a year, a 750,000.00 home was a bit out of your price range. If someone is buying a home and they make only so much money and the bank say's here is your home loan it's a 3 year ARM at 1% then on the 4th year it goes up to 9 1/2 %, You mean the poor the people taking those loans out have no responsibility whatsoever? I cannot believe how democrats cannot see that by bailing out bad mortgages and people that are behind on their mortgages send a bad message to those that have been paying it all along. It's rather like, not only have I been making my payment on time, now I have pay theirs too. Make NO MISTAKE, the only WAY to pay for this huge bail out is to raise taxes.

Let me ask you something? do you think these banks held a gun to these peoples head and said sign this mortgage or else? The bottom line is this , if someone does not have the ability to pay their mortgage their house gets foreclosed, if a bank makes bad loans they are SUPPOSED to go out of business if they make too many of them. It's actually quote simple, when your bank asked you for proof of income they were making sure that your income, was enough for the house you were purchasing, however, you as the homeowner knew or at least I hope you knew, that if you made 25,000.00 a year, a 750,000.00 home was a bit out of your price range. If someone is buying a home and they make only so much money and the bank say's here is your home loan it's a 3 year ARM at 1% then on the 4th year it goes up to 9 1/2 %, You mean the poor the people taking those loans out have no responsibility whatsoever? I cannot believe how democrats cannot see that by bailing out bad mortgages and people that are behind on their mortgages send a bad message to those that have been paying it all along. It's rather like, not only have I been making my payment on time, now I have pay theirs too. Make NO MISTAKE, the only WAY to pay for this huge bail out is to raise taxes.

Wonderful point Navy, The only way people were put into loans they couldnt afford is if they or the broker was committing fraud. This mostly happened on stated loans and when Joe the self employed consumer who owns a lawn mowing business either said he makes 10k a month or the broker just filled in the application and made the income up for them they are both at fault because you need a signed 1003(loan application) with the stated income on it so the consumers were committing fraud as well by signing these documents. Its amazing how people who have owned multiple houses in their lifetime can play dumb and take no responsibility.

Wonderful point Navy, The only way people were put into loans they couldnt afford is if they or the broker was committing fraud. This mostly happened on stated loans and when Joe the self employed consumer who owns a lawn mowing business either said he makes 10k a month or the broker just filled in the application and made the income up for them they are both at fault because you need a signed 1003(loan application) with the stated income on it so the consumers were committing fraud as well by signing these documents. Its amazing how people who have owned multiple houses in their lifetime can play dumb and take no responsibility.

Thank you jschuck, now I'm not saying some of these low life's that ran off with billions before this all went down then came begging for our tax money don't have some responsibility in this. However, we used to have something in this country called, you make a bad business decision like that constantly . you go out of business. So the way I see it these people want my tax money hand over the parachute. So in that part I can agree with the democrats. However, if we start saying well anyone out there who took out a loan is now somehow a victim is really really BAD message to send to all those people out there who pay on time. It basicially means I'm bailing those people out too.

The point of this thread is: We already know we're going to be bailing out the banks--at a cost of 700 billion dollars. In essense, our government will own these foreclosed homes.
is the government actually going to own these homes, or are they just giving money away without obtaining ownership rights?

Yep, according to Paulsen and McCain the little people should be held responsible for their mistakes but the rich wall street scions shouldn't be held responsible for their mistakes. Nor apparently should the rich people in the rest of the world, as foreign banks are also about to be bailed out by you and moi.

Oh, and do you know that McCain wants to continue and actually expand tax breaks for the rich?

The New York Times reports this evening that "foreign banks, which were initially excluded from the [Wall Street bailout] plan, lobbied successfully over the weekend to be able to sell the toxic American mortgage debt owned by their American units to the Treasury, getting the same treatment as United States banks."

The Times further reports that two of the biggest foreign banks in need of such relief are Barclays and UBS. In fact, my understanding is that UBS is more on the line here than any other foreign bank.

Let's add this up.

John McCain's top economics advisor, who is widely believed to be his choice for Treasury Secretary, should he win in November, is former Sen. Phil Gramm. (Indeed, just last night his spokesman refused to say Gramm wouldn't be McCain's choice for Treasury Secretary.)

Gramm is both vice chairman of UBS's US division and a lobbyist for UBS.

If UBS successfully lobbied over the weekend to get in on the bailout, what was Gramm's role in the lobbying?

Talking Points Memo

I'm a realtor. I know a hell of a lot about mortgages.

The problem came in 2000 when Phil Gramm changed the laws and that took the risk out of risky lending. The mortgage companies would lend money to bad credit people and then sell the mortgage the day after closing. There was no risk to them at all. I was fortunate enough to only have one client who fit this description. He used a mortgage company that I knew was a ripoff, and I warned him not to use them, but he used them anyway. When we got to the closing, the lawyer told me the guy had two 40 year mortgages. I was floored! If he had discussed this with me, I would have told him to rent instead.

Actually this was done under Clinton, in '98-'99. It's time that the Dems own up to who did what, started at least under Reagan, continued afterwards, 8 years of Clinton, 8 years of Bush. Yet under Bush the inherent problems with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were pointed out, over and over again:

Doc Searls Weblog Smoke screening

Smoke screening

September 19, 2008 ...

We’re only beginning to face the problems exposed by the failures of giant financial institutions such FreddieMac, FannieMae, Bear Stearns and AIG — and government bail-outs backed by the continuing ability to borrow from China and other creditor nations. Of which we used to be the biggest. Quite the opposite now.

If you’re looking for a far-sighted bubble-burster, Kevin Phillips is your man. He launched his career as a Senior Strategist for Richard Nixon’s 1968 presidential campaign. There he led Nixon’s successful “southern strategy” and followed that with The Emerging Republican Majority in 1969. In that book he not only predicted forty years of future, but named the Sun Belt as well. His latest book is Bad Money: Reckless Finance, Failed Politics, and the Global Crisis of American Capitalism, which Tim Rutten in the LA Times calls “a rhetorical shot across the bow of the current presidential campaign, which Phillips convincingly argues is failing to address the causes and implications of our current distress”.

Here he is on Chris Lydon’s Open Source program, on May 8 of this year:

There’s a growing sense in the United States that the Imperial Era is over almost before it started. We’re seeing the weakness that is the United States allowing the financial sector to take over the private economy. That is now the largest portion: 21-22% of the GDP is finance, pushing manufacturing way down. I don’t think that the financial sector is responsible enough, safe enough, broad-minded enough to fill that position. I think what you’ll see happen to the United States is over-financialization: too much debt, too much over expansion and a degree of an implosion that will involve everything from too much debt and collapsing home prices to rising oil prices and the declining dollar. It’s all converging. It’s all trouble. It doesn’t spell the end of the United States, but it does spell the end of the United States as the Total Big Cheeze in the world. And we are going to lose some of the yardsticks that everybody enjoyed for a long time.

About “financialization”, he says,

You’re looking at the transformation of the American economy from one that produced things to one that moves money around. But it didn’t happen overnight. One of the major relationships is between the rise of debt and the rise of the debt culture. The debt culture meant rising deficits and “spend now and play and pay later”, the public’s debt tolerance to an extraordinary degree, and this general lackidasicalness of putting a framework around your culture and your economy — they’ve all sort of gone to seed together. And I think that the net outcome of this is a country that is in every way living beyond its means. We used to be the leading world creditor, the leading world manufacturer and the leading world producer of oil. Now we’re the world’s leading debtor, the largest inporter of manufatures and the world’s leading importer of oil. It’s a disastrous transformation. The only part of the economy that has profited is the financial sector, because an awful lot of the transition is toward more debt, more credit, more living on things you can’t afford, more keeping up pretenses, and more ambition around the world with less to back it up. And the consequenses of this in many ways is the George W. Bush administration.

Not that Phillips thinks the Democrats are any better. About Paul Krugman, for example, he says,

There is a good reason for Paul and the Democrats in general to be upbeat here. Maybe to an extent if things were a lot further advanced in the decay process, you could just flip a leaf and say all of a sudden that we are ferociously concerned about this decay. But they think that liberal policies and the Democratic approach can turn it around. Frankly, I don’t… The Democratic magic is more of the old razmatazz, and government will step in and there’s going to be a Green Deal as well as a New Deal, and we’re going to have five million new jobs for things relating to the Greening of America… The Democrats don’t want to admit that what they di8d for the most part in the two Clinton administrations was for the most part a continuation of the Reagan and first Bush administration — and then was continued and built upon by the second Bush administration. You had a lot of financial deregulation under the Clinton administrations. They repealed Glass-Stiegel, they deregulated credit cards, lots of stuff. They stepped on the gas in terms of private debt. The increase is extraordinary. So I can’t separate out the Clinton years from what preceded them and what came after them. And of course the Democrats need to be able to tell America in this election that … they have the answer. I understand that. But I don’t agree with it.

As for Obama, he says “I don’t think he’s raised enough of these issues to have a mandate… They’re not acting now like people who understand that there’s a problem.”

He also adds, “That clearly goes for the Republicans. It’s hard to believe McCain. His economic program is almost a non-program.” That’s on top of George W. Bush: “I don’t want to do another number on George W. after American Dynasty, but he’s the wrong person at the wrong time andin the wrong place — and unqualified essentially for having been president of the United States during these eight years.

Forum List

Back