Democrats are cool with mooching off their parents far longer than Republicans

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Naturally, the entire philosophy of being a Democrat is to believe someone else is responsible for you.

This trend applies to car payments and housing as well. More than one in 10 (13%) of Republicans think you should be able to pay for a car without your parents help before your 18th birthday, compared to just 4% of Democrats. And while just 1% of Democrats and Republicans expect people to pay for their housing themselves before 18, once they hit 18 it’s a different story: 17% of Republicans think that people should be able to pay for their housing without parental help at ages 18 or 19, while just 10% of Democrats feel the same.

Naturally, the entire philosophy of being a Democrat is to believe someone else is responsible for you.

This trend applies to car payments and housing as well. More than one in 10 (13%) of Republicans think you should be able to pay for a car without your parents help before your 18th birthday, compared to just 4% of Democrats. And while just 1% of Democrats and Republicans expect people to pay for their housing themselves before 18, once they hit 18 it’s a different story: 17% of Republicans think that people should be able to pay for their housing without parental help at ages 18 or 19, while just 10% of Democrats feel the same.

Turnabout is fair play. Democratic parents are also more likely to use their kids to mooch off the rest of us.

My nieces and nephews are all GOP and vote GOP and they are mooching off their parents who also vote GOP.

So your anecdotal data don't tie out in my experience unfortunately.

17% of Republicans think that people should be able to pay for their housing without parental help at ages 18 or 19, while just 10% of Democrats feel the same.

So a few more Democrats than Republicans are cool with helping out there 18 and 19 yr old children.

Oh wow that's some compelling evidence you've got there :lol:

I'm convinced: Democrats are the problem

who is the die hard republican on here who lives in his grandmothers basement and refuses to work?

he changes his name all the time....use to be knights templar or some shit

I turned 18 in my senior year in high school. Republicans think I should have moved out then?

lol. Retards.

lol, I wonder how many rich Republican's kids are paying their own way by the time they reach their 19th birthday.

did anyone read the bullshit article? the percentages arent that different to draw this big conclusion from

oddly ivanka and her hubby are working for dad and always has been...as well as his sons......poor forgotten tiffany

friend is hard core trump supporter......cant get her 29 yr old outta the house....he is allowed to have parties and women overnight ....and yet she cant figure out why he wont leave......my son has been outta the house since he was 26 and i considered that a long ass time to be at home...

Millions of years living within family group and somehow it is bad today to do so???

Republicans are weird.

to really discuss this issue one would have to discuss the housing market and the jobs market......a one bedroom goes for about 700 a month here....which is a lot when you consider the wages paid out in this area...i think most parents would rather their adult kids stay at home than be burdened with rents running up to half their monthly salaries....there are many factors causing young adults to live at home.....why not discuss those?

rather than your bullshit bias article?

to really discuss this issue one would have to discuss the housing market and the jobs market......a one bedroom goes for about 700 a month here....which is a lot when you consider the wages paid out in this area...i think most parents would rather their adult kids stay at home than be burdened with rents running up to half their monthly salaries....there are many factors causing young adults to live at home.....why not discuss those?

Because the jackass would rather the kids work 3 jobs for the rich man then work one and have a chance to slowly build up to the fucked up reality of 21st century America.

I thought the Messiah solved all that?

My nieces and nephews are all GOP and vote GOP and they are mooching off their parents who also vote GOP.

So your anecdotal data don't tie out in my experience unfortunately.

Congratulations the biggest lie post of 2017....

Who the fuck is a conservative under the age of 18 asshole?

Like 1% of the teens and pre teens?

Because the jackass would rather the kids work 3 jobs for the rich man then work one and have a chance to slowly build up to the fucked up reality of 21st century America.

Yeah we know you still live at home and don't work stop it already.

Forum List

Back