Democrats caused recession in 2007

Uh.....why are you persisting in your self debasement?

Think of inflation as a CAGR......which, of course, it is...it is NOT an NPV calculation (which is expressed as an amount) nor is it an IRR problem....

What you are yammering about is "real return" which requires netting your nominal return for inflation.....

Financial calculators are very useful things if you have some idea what you are doing..

I can appreciate why you are a management consultant....a friend of mine who performed the same function would explain that the essential quality required was knowing how to make the right face.

That's stupid. Inflation would be a factor in choosing a discount rate, but again, we're discussing buying ingredients and selling them immediately. You're using terms for long term investments. Google it, retard.

"The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is a useful measure of growth over multiple time periods. It can be thought of as the growth rate that gets you from the initial investment value to the ending investment value if you assume that the investment has been compounding over the time period"

What is "compounding over an investment time period to buy lettuce, tomatoes and beef and sell them as Big Macs?" You don't know what you're talking about, you don't want to learn anything and I'm going to go back to your debate style of contradiction
Uh.....does inflation NOT "compound over time" in your universe?

It's irrelevant to the discussion. You keep presenting terms to analyze long term investments in a discussion of simply buying ingredients and selling a product.

Saying that inflation compounds is true but irrelevant to that
This is depressing......

If you acknowledge that it compounds over time, why do you deny that it represents a Compound Annual Growth Rate "problem"?

Because there's no .. wait for it .. investment. Compounding is a component of the formulas you were talking about, but they were formulas to calculate investments over time where you discount future cash flows when comparing them to the initial investment.
I know you have no idea what that means, but it's the answer to your question

This is brutal........you're an embarrassment to the degree you claim to hold.....

Let's go back to the very basics of TVM......

You put a dollar in the bank.....you leave it there for 5 years.........at the end of that period, the balance in your account is 1.38......

what is the rate of interest paid (assuming, for the sake of simplicity, that it is compounded annually)?

If you are an idiot, you try to calculate the 5th root of 1.38 and subtract 1....

If you are not, you plug PV=-1, FV=1.38, N=5, PMT=0 into your TVM calculator........Assuming you are not stuck in the 1980s and using an HP12c and that ridiculous RPN, you press the I/Y button......

Got it?

Now your prof throws you a slurve......

Five years ago, you bought a Big Mac for $1.00............Today you paid $1.38...........what is the (avg) annual inflation rate over the course of that time.....

If you are an idiot, you try to calculate the 5th root........(stop me if this sounds familiar).....

Do you actually expect me to believe that you passed Finance 1?

Please stop bluffing and post the formula.......

I already did
Link me to the post where you did so..

Already done, it's above

And now you're lying........cut and paste it from the nested posts...

OK. You're a useless stupid bitch who doesn't have any grasp of the value of an investment over time

You either posted the formula or you didn't.............this is really very simple.....

That's stupid. Inflation would be a factor in choosing a discount rate, but again, we're discussing buying ingredients and selling them immediately. You're using terms for long term investments. Google it, retard.

"The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is a useful measure of growth over multiple time periods. It can be thought of as the growth rate that gets you from the initial investment value to the ending investment value if you assume that the investment has been compounding over the time period"

What is "compounding over an investment time period to buy lettuce, tomatoes and beef and sell them as Big Macs?" You don't know what you're talking about, you don't want to learn anything and I'm going to go back to your debate style of contradiction

It's irrelevant to the discussion. You keep presenting terms to analyze long term investments in a discussion of simply buying ingredients and selling a product.

This is depressing......

If you acknowledge that it compounds over time, why do you deny that it represents a Compound Annual Growth Rate "problem"?

Because there's no .. wait for it .. investment. Compounding is a component of the formulas you were talking about, but they were formulas to calculate investments over time where you discount future cash flows when comparing them to the initial investment.

He can't even read a simple graph...

Did you ever find a source (NOT YOUR CHART) which provided the price of a Big Mac?

If you haven't, you should shut the fuck up.

This is depressing......

It amuses me to answer his questions when I know he doesn't understand his question much less the answer

Stay in the wading pool with O.....

This is depressing......

This is brutal........you're an embarrassment to the degree you claim to hold.....

You put a dollar in the bank.....you leave it there for 5 years.........at the end of that period, the balance in your account is 1.38......

what is the rate of interest paid (assuming, for the sake of simplicity, that it is compounded annually)?

If you are an idiot, you try to calculate the 5th root of 1.38 and subtract 1....

If you are not, you plug PV=-1, FV=1.38, N=5, PMT=0 into your TVM calculator........Assuming you are not stuck in the 1980s and using an HP12c and that ridiculous RPN, you press the I/Y button......

Got it?

Five years ago, you bought a Big Mac for $1.00............Today you paid $1.38...........what is the (avg) annual inflation rate over the course of that time.....

If you are an idiot, you try to calculate the 5th root........(stop me if this sounds familiar).....

That actually sounds good to you, doesn't it?

I already did

Already done, it's above

OK. You're a useless stupid bitch who doesn't have any grasp of the value of an investment over time

You either posted the formula or you didn't.............this is really very simple.....

Yep, I did

This is depressing......

Got it?

Before you dig yourself an even deeper hole, grab your financial calculator (or, if you don't have one, you should be able to get what you need online).........work out the problem for yourself.......be sure to tell me what you discover....

Don't come back to this topic without having done so......I don't give a shit what you feel, or think....

Already done, it's above

Yep, I did

Then link me to the post where you do.......if you can't, don't revisit this subject.....

This is depressing......

Did you ever find a source (NOT YOUR CHART) which provided the price of a Big Mac?

I asked you for which year....you stupid fucktard.....

image.jpeg

This is depressing......

It amuses me to answer his questions when I know he doesn't understand his question much less the answer

Stay in the wading pool with O.....
Isn't your mommy around to help you follow the blue line in that graph?

This is depressing......

This is depressing......

Got it?

Before you dig yourself an even deeper hole, grab your financial calculator (or, if you don't have one, you should be able to get what you need online).........work out the problem for yourself.......be sure to tell me what you discover....

Don't come back to this topic without having done so......I don't give a shit what you feel, or think....

How I feel or think?

I discovered you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. But thanks for your concern about my feelings, gay boy

Already done, it's above

Yep, I did

Then link me to the post where you do.......if you can't, don't revisit this subject.....

OK, thanks for instructing me papa san. I'll get right on that

This is depressing......

Dude, shhh. He's trying to help us not look so dumb. Just follow his instructions and we'll be fine ....

Yep, I did

I will, but if you continue the contradicting instead of debating crap, I will pull out. A debate is where you process and rationally respond to my points. You are contradicting. You just argue anything I say. If I said water is wet or concrete is hard, you would argue I'm wrong. It gets really dull after awhile. Note I'm not asking you a question here. I am informing you to cut the crap.....

I am not explaining this to you again. Either get it and we move on or we're done now. Next step is up to you. But I'm not repeating this step again

image.jpeg

Yep, I did

I will, but if you continue the contradicting instead of debating crap, I will pull out. A debate is where you process and rationally respond to my points. You are contradicting. You just argue anything I say. If I said water is wet or concrete is hard, you would argue I'm wrong. It gets really dull after awhile. Note I'm not asking you a question here. I am informing you to cut the crap.....

I am not explaining this to you again. Either get it and we move on or we're done now. Next step is up to you. But I'm not repeating this step again

Are you colorblind slim?

The number at the end of the blue line is??

Yep, I did

No it doesn't

Yep, I did

No it doesn't

There's truth to that......my heroic efforts notwithstanding, you remain the uninformed imbecile you were yesterday ..

Yep, I did

No it doesn't

There's truth to that......my heroic efforts notwithstanding, you remain the uninformed imbecile you were yesterday ..

The blue line?

Yep, I did

No it doesn't

No I'm not

Forum List

Back