Democrats Change 181 Year-Old Rule To Allow Ilhan Omar To Wear Hijab In The House

Fear...he's afraid of a young woman in a hijab.

There appears to some smoke-filled back room where a bunch of weirdos make up stuff to disseminate online to the foolish.

Not only is calling someone a "dothead" totally disgusting and repulsive, it also displays the ignorance of the people responsible for it. Wearing a dot on the forehead is a Hindu custom. This freshman rep is a Muslim.

I find it interesting that among several Ethiopians living in my neighborhood, some of the older women have the Ethiopian Cross tattooed on their foreheads.

I guess that I'm supposed to quake in fear as the woman in a hijab bags my groceries at the Giant.
Republicans are racist.

They don't know much about different religions because they simply don't know much about anything at all.

These are people who believe the earth is thousands of years old and we were shimmered into being from dirt. If you believe that, you can be brainwashed into believing anything.

Republicans prove that point.

What the fuck?

What they are doing is promoting one religion over another..

And your ok with it. Of course you are dot head .

What a stupid comment. Go look up the word "promote." She could be sitting next to a guy wearing a yarmulke. And I'm not a Hindu, moron, not that there is any problem with being Hindu.

Bullshit..

It's against the law for her to wear her dot head shit in Congress..

Congress shall establishe no religion .

If you don't think lawyers don't ghost read this your crazy..

The left is trying to end Christianity.
Dot head?

WTF are you babbling about?

There appears to some smoke-filled back room where a bunch of weirdos make up stuff to disseminate online to the foolish.

Not only is calling someone a "dothead" totally disgusting and repulsive, it also displays the ignorance of the people responsible for it. Wearing a dot on the forehead is a Hindu custom. This freshman rep is a Muslim.

I find it interesting that among several Ethiopians living in my neighborhood, some of the older women have the Ethiopian Cross tattooed on their foreheads.

I guess that I'm supposed to quake in fear as the woman in a hijab bags my groceries at the Giant.
Republicans are racist.

They don't know much about different religions because they simply don't know much about anything at all.

These are people who believe the earth is thousands of years old and we were shimmered into being from dirt. If you believe that, you can be brainwashed into believing anything.

Republicans prove that point.

What the fuck?

What they are doing is promoting one religion over another..

And your ok with it. Of course you are dot head .

What a stupid comment. Go look up the word "promote." She could be sitting next to a guy wearing a yarmulke. And I'm not a Hindu, moron, not that there is any problem with being Hindu.

Bullshit..

It's against the law for her to wear her dot head shit in Congress..

Congress shall establishe no religion .

If you don't think lawyers don't ghost read this your crazy..

The left is trying to end Christianity.
Dot head?

WTF are you babbling about?

You mad dot head?

The hijab is not religious headwear. It is a symbol of hatred against Western culture. It should not be allowed in Congress. Nor should Islam be allowed anywhere in the Western Hemisphere.
They stem from scripture in the Qur’an and is a symbol of modesty and faith.

And head coverings for religious belief has been allowed in the Senate. You rightards are only outraged now because your marionette strings are being tugged.

You're a fucking idiot. Koran is nothing but a filthy military recruiting tool designed to raise large armies of illiterate and obedient suicide killers. Islam is not a religion. It's a hostile and invasive medieval political structure akin to nazism which spreads by force.
Islam isn't a religion? :abgg2q.jpg:

Because the rules were written for men wearing headgear at a time they never envisioned s Muslim woman being elected

Congress shall make no laws respecting the establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

What is not clear?
So they would have made special exclusions for Muslims had they known?
This rule change is not special just for Muslims.

Of course it is you dumbass. It was not proposed until some district was stupid enough to elect one.
Are you saying that they should not have been allowed to?

omarilhan_111518gn2_lead.jpg

She is going to be a poster girl for this

pexels-photo-415571.jpeg

A huge supreme court fight on the docket..

Yes!

Because the rules were written for men wearing headgear at a time they never envisioned s Muslim woman being elected

Congress shall make no laws respecting the establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

What is not clear?
So they would have made special exclusions for Muslims had they known?
This rule change is not special just for Muslims.

Of course it is you dumbass. It was not proposed until some district was stupid enough to elect one.
And it covers anyone of any faith requiring a head covering. So no, not special for Muslims. I don’t care how bigoted you are.

Fuck you .

You're promoting dot head shit

Poor little boy....so frightened by a woman wearing a hijab.

It's huge and this girl is going down she is promoting a religion
Yes. This is about the promotion of Islam by the left. And we must remember this promotion, by itself isn't exceptional.
It's all the other little concessions made to Muslims...Islam taught in public schools, special dietary requirements, prayer rooms, wash rooms, the call to prayer broadcast over loudspeakers, ect.

All special considerations no other religion enjoys and all backed by leftists.
It is about accepting Islam in Congress

No brainer
Remember the moron in Alabama who believed that all government officials HAVE TO swear on a bible? :71:

Read the first amendment and get back to me

How is allowing a head scarf showing preference?
It's giving an exemption to a religion that none other has.
I thought that was obvious. "Okay, we'll let you ignore the rules everyone else must follow".
What is it about the word preference that you don't understand?

Why do you want to be such a prick a about a woman exercising her religion?
Why do you want to be a prick about respecting the rules of congress that have stood for nearly two hundred years?

What is not clear?

We thought dot heads Founded This country according to the Messiah?
Where DO you get this stuff? :777:

View attachment 232496

She is going to be a poster girl for this

View attachment 232497

A huge supreme court fight on the docket..

Yes!

I know my shit :)

Supreme Court's latest church-state conundrum: Must a 'peace cross' memorial to World War I vets come down?

Supreme Court's latest church-state conundrum: Must a 'peace cross' memorial to World War I vets come down?

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court agreed Friday to decide whether a 93-year-old memorial to World War I veterans must be removed from public land in Maryland because it is shaped like a cross.

The latest church-state skirmishto come before the justices pits veterans organizations against the American Humanist Association, which represents atheists, agnostics and other secular groups. Its motto is "Good Without a God."

For the past few decades, the Supreme Court generally has carved out protections for religious groups and individuals. In recent years, it ruled that a Missouri church could receive federal funds, private corporations could avoid federal health regulations regarding contraceptives, and a New York town could open meetings with Christian prayers.

The 40-foot cross was built in 1925 by the American Legion and "a group of bereaved mothers," according to the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, which wants it left alone. Honoring 49 men from Prince George's County who died in the war, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

What’s wrong with this? Where have laws ever been crafted to prevent people from wearing something of religious content in public? Are students in public schools not allowed to wear yarmulkes or hajibs?
The United States congress is not a public place. Your questions are ridiculous. And just that for 181 years no one has demanded an exception to this rule and now the left willingly yields to Muslim demands should tell anyone with half a brain something ominous.
”The United States congress is not a public place.”

Congressmen/women are public servants and most of the Capitol is open to the public. Even the House & Senate galleries when not in session and to visitors acquiring a pass from a legislator when it is.

How Do I Tour the U.S. Capitol and See Congress in Session?

But that’s neither here nor there, the salient point is that the rule that is in place has nothing to do with religion. It’s not like that rule was put in place to separate church from state. Furthermore, this only applies to the House as the Senate allows religious head coverings...

...he shall not permit any person to place any object whatsoever--including hats, coats, or other personal apparel--or portion of a person on any railing, or any male to wear a hat, except that where a man's religious beliefs require that he wear a head-cover in such public places as the Senate Gallery, then such head-cover shall be permitted;

United States Senate Manual, 104th Congress-RULES FOR REGULATION OF THE SENATE WING OF THE UNITED STATES CAPITOL

... so what is the objection other than this being nothing more than conservative rage where the right presents a knee-jerk response to anything the left promotes?

The establishment clause you stupid tard

Es·tab·lish·ment Clause
noun
LAW
  1. the clause in the First Amendment of the US Constitution that prohibits the establishment of religion by Congress.
How does wearing a head cover establish religion?

And why haven’t you complained about the Senate allowing this?

Why does she need to wear it?

It doesn't matter. Why should you care?

Hey, if the rule has been changed I see no reason that this shouldn't be ok...

abraham-lincoln-maga-trump-hat-tw-600.jpg
DqkfJISW4AEB6HY.jpg
Assholes, like this one wants to erase American history.....His motto... MAKE MARX GREAT AGAIN....Pathetic piece of shit!
Back to your OP, you seem to think the Muslims are being given preference, when the Congress opens with a prayer and there is a Chaplain.
I don't get why you feel anyone is being slighted by this.
Was there a Muslim that helped in the founding of America...there was a jew! Haym Solomon
What has that got to do with anything? Answer my question, please:
Congress opens with a prayer and there is a Chaplain.
Perhaps you dont realize that AMERICA was founded as a Christian country...I do realize that you ABNORMALS do not give a hoot about culture tradition, and over 200 years of a rich history!

I am going to have a field day with this one..

You tards want separation of church and state and allow this?

Why don't you have a problem with people who wear christian crosses?

That's a religious symbol but christians wear it every day in our congress. They have crosses as lapel pins and as charms on necklaces, earrings and bracelets.

Yet a muslim can't wear a head scarf.

Seems to me it's you who is violating the first amendment.

If christians can wear a cross, a muslim can wear a head scarf. if that woman can't wear her head scarf then all those christians shouldn't be allowed to wear a cross. By allowing that cross and not the head scarf, the government is putting christianity above other religions and violating the first amendment.
5 yard penalty for using logic on a conservative.

ref-flagging-1024x576.jpg
Anyone wonder why they are trumpanzees?

Assholes, like this one wants to erase American history.....His motto... MAKE MARX GREAT AGAIN....Pathetic piece of shit!
Back to your OP, you seem to think the Muslims are being given preference, when the Congress opens with a prayer and there is a Chaplain.
Was there a Muslim that helped in the founding of America...there was a jew! Haym Solomon
What has that got to do with anything? Answer my question, please:
Congress opens with a prayer and there is a Chaplain.
Perhaps you dont realize that AMERICA was founded as a Christian country...I do realize that you ABNORMALS do not give a hoot about culture tradition, and over 200 years of a rich history!
No it wasn't ..... nice try tho. In fact the Founders made sure to put the 1st Amendment in because the Puritans were such tyrants.

Forum List

Back