Democrats Continue Push To Take Democracy Away

So why do you hate the Republic?

Every single time there is a half-way viable third choice the dems have tried to move heaven and earth to keep them off of state ballots.....Hell I think NY has a handbook on the practice.
You got the wrong guy. I voted 3rd party in 2016 as both the Republican and Democrat candidates were bound to be bad for the Republic. I certainly do not care who is on the ballot. I will continue to vote for the one, likely to do the least long-term damage to the Republic.

So why do you hate the Republic?

Every single time there is a half-way viable third choice the dems have tried to move heaven and earth to keep them off of state ballots.....Hell I think NY has a handbook on the practice.

I think you should vote third party to stick it to the Democrats.

Nah, Trump only tried to relitigate the election on the day of recording the Electoral votes, disregarding those he does not like and substitute fake electors, no picked by the voters, and if that does not work, gin up a mob to march on the capital, to stop the vote and convince house and senate the election was rigged, (though every agency of his administration, all courts, and most of his cabinet say it wasn't as there was no proof. He has said electors should be picked by governor or state legislatures. He wanted to have military seize voting machines and do the election over, but obviously the military (upholding their oath to the constitution [unlike him]) would not go along with it. Now he wants to get rid of 95% of civil servants, make those post political appointees, to avoid getting ratted out, when he want to break the law, since last time, nobody would go along with him, when he wanted to have leaders executed. He does not have many ties to democratic forms of government, as all his heroes are Communists or totalitarian controllers, and he has little use for the democratically elected leaders of most of our allies.
Why can't you address the OP without deflecting from it? Democrats are trying hard to take democracy away. Can you debate that without trying to turn it on Trump? If you believe in democracy, why try hard to take people off the ballot?

Wow have you ever got that backwards.

Why is it that you kids with "thinker" in your screen name seem to avoid doing much of it?

RFK is a brain worm victim and tRump a convicted felon. Neither one qualifies for the presidency.

Hell neither one qualifies for dog catcher.
How about letting the voters decide that? That's what democracy is. Why are you against letting voters decide who they can vote for? You're purposely trying to take people off ballots. That's not democracy.

Why can't you address the OP without deflecting from it? Democrats are trying hard to take democracy away. Can you debate that without trying to turn it on Trump? If you believe in democracy, why try hard to take people off the ballot?
I did address it directly. "Nah" and pointed out, it was trump and trump supporters that directly attacked democracy and our representative republic, like always, and have more attacks on democracy planned if re-elected.

Nah. I am not like you and Trump. You are the traitors. I served my country, and saluted our flag in this country and others, as an Officer and a gentleman, never forsaking my oath to the country and the constitution, unlike Donald Trump.
Then why are you for taking everyone off the ballots but Democrats? You call that democracy?

You got the wrong guy. I voted 3rd party in 2016 as both the Republican and Democrat candidates were bound to be bad for the Republic. I certainly do not care who is on the ballot. I will continue to vote for the one, likely to do the least long-term damage to the Republic.

Did you read the OP? Democrats want to take all third parties off the ballot.

Then why are you for taking everyone off the ballots but Democrats? You call that democracy?
I have been in Tennessee the last couple of weeks, after PJ's surgery. I have not taken anybody off and ballots. I have not even been on the USMB much lately. I have certainly never been a Democrat (or a republican, for that matter). You seem confused. Are you on drugs or have you been hanging out in an echo chamber?

Not on this site or any outside that self identify. They are lockstep goons. Apparently too low in intelligence to realize what they actually support. Even a Police state situation does not phase them. Intentionally Killing citizens they ignore. On and on.
Well we can agree to disagree on that. I will admit the large majority of leftists on this board are hard to respect when all they have is insults, smears, assigned talking points, and being pile on parrots. They couldn't make a rational argument for their point of view if their lives depended on it.

But there are a few who aren't like them. Since they usually are defending the indefensible, they can't make a winning argument, but they can make a reasoned argument. Such people I won't agree with in many cases, but I do respect and actually like them.

Last edited:
I did address it directly. "Nah" and pointed out, it was trump and trump supporters that directly attacked democracy and our representative republic, like always, and have more attacks on democracy planned if re-elected.
No you didn't. You say you voted third party before. Now Democrats want to take all third parties off the ballot. Isn't that taking democracy away?

I have been in Tennessee the last couple of weeks, after PJ's surgery. I have not taken anybody off and ballots. I have not even been on the USMB much lately. I have certainly never been a Democrat (or a republican, for that matter). You seem confused. Are you on drugs or have you been hanging out in an echo chamber?
The OP is about democrats taking democracy away by taking all third parties off the ballots. Do you agree with them?

Do you think it will happen? I don't.
BTW, which 3rd party are you voting for, this year?
Democrats are trying to take all third parties off the ballots. Doesn't matter whether it happens or not. Democrats are trying to take democracy away.

By the way, over my years I have voted for a mix of democrats, Republicans, Independents, and some third parties. But, most democrats have fallen off the edge of the Earth they have moved so far left. I could have voted for Manchin if he ran.

No you didn't. You say you voted third party before. Now Democrats want to take all third parties off the ballot. Isn't that taking democracy away?
You are being gas lighted, again with bs that is not going to happen. Do you really think, there will be no third party candidates on the ballot?

The OP is about democrats taking democracy away by taking all third parties off the ballots. Do you agree with them?
It is BS. It is not going to happen. In a new cycle or two, it will cease to even be news. Are you over 21?

You are being gas lighted, again with bs that is not going to happen. Do you really think, there will be no third party candidates on the ballot?
Trump tried to use loopholes in election laws to remain in power. He didn't accomplish that. And, you attacked him for it, saying it doesn't matter if he was successful or not. Democrats are trying to remove all third parties from the ballot right now but you don't attack them for it because you give them a break because you don't think they will succeed. What happened to, "It doesn't matter if they don't succeed, they should be prosecuted for it anyway"?

Trump tried to use loopholes in election laws to remain in power. He didn't accomplish that. And, you attacked him for it, saying it doesn't matter if he was successful or not. Democrats are trying to remove all third parties from the ballot right now but you don't attack them for it because you give them a break because you don't think they will succeed. What happened to, "It doesn't matter if they don't succeed, they should be prosecuted for it anyway"?
Doofus, it is like this. If a candidate applied to the attorney general of the various states, met the state requirements, as far as legalities, signatures, etcetera, they will be on the ballot in the state where they met filing deadlines and requirements. If they did not, they won't. I have not heard of this, in Tennessee. I suspect there will be a short laundry list of "Other" candidates on the ballot when I vote early, before the November election.

Forum List

Back