Democrats Have Shut Down the Government

Bonnie said:
That's right!!! I guess liberals forget that quite a bit though. If the Democrats really wanted to make a difference they would stop the endless criticisms of Bush and actually bring something to the table.
Most of your rightwing comrades, including yourself, frequently forget this fact when you cite the ever-spreading "vast left wing conspiracy" as the reason for why things don't go your way :cry:.

Don't like the news? "It's those conspiring liberal, elitist journalists trying to undermine the president and sink America!"

Upset that a Republican policy is, God forbid, being debated in Congress? "It's the godless vast left-wing conspiracy seeking to undermine traditional American values and the president, who in my opinion should be canonized!"

Pissed-off about not being able to erect a crucifix on your courthouse lawn because Jews and Muslims in your community see it as unfair governmental religious preference? "It's the vast leftwing conspiracy attacking our religious freedoms!"

Disgusted with homos and lesbos because they have the audacity to say they "love" each other and want to get married? "The vast left wing conspiracy seeks to turn our kids queer, endorses pedophilia and is attempting to destroy society's very foundation!"

Hate that liberals find it necessary to fund social programs that give welfare to the poor? "Brown people and those born into extreme poverty are presented with the exact same chances to make something of themselves as I was! They have no excuse for being poor other than pure laziness!"

Think anybody who questions the need for war in Iraq is an un-American scumbag who wishes our troops were dead so that Muslims could take over the world? "It doesn't matter to me that the administration fudged the evidence for going to war and that over 20,000 innocent Iraqis have died as the result of our invasion, not to mention over 2000 US and "coalition" troops, and that the perpetrators of 9/11 are still at large and that there was no plan of action following the invasion and that efforts to train Iraqi forces so we can leave have been completely goofed, we're spreading delicious freedom to Iraq by fighting an insurgency we created when we took out their government! Anyone who doesn't like the war is an enemy of freedom!"

Think it's stupid that evil libs want to see tougher gun laws in order to curb the amount of gun-related deaths in the US every year, which is higher than any other first-world country on the planet? Nationmaster.com "It's those damn libs again! They're trying to restrict my second amendment rights! Charleton Heston is my homeboy! WhoooHoo!"

Can't understand why on Earth someone would want to question the credentials of someone nominated by the president to fill a lifetime position in which they would make decisions that would affect all Americans? "Those liberals are conspiring to drag the president and his nominee through the mud just for kicks! How dare they ask to know the nominee's positions on key issues before voting him in?"

If you answered "YES" to any of these, you might be a Republican. Here's your sign.
219787-resized200.jpg

I just, again, think this whole thing is funny as shit.

The Bu$hitler nominated a judge to fill the Supreme court not because the supreme court needs filling, but he did it to draw attention away from the indicted peon which will FORCE TEH BU$HITLER TO RESIGN.

You can't make this stuff up.

Hagbard Celine said:
Most of your rightwing comrades, including yourself, frequently forget this fact when you cite the ever-spreading "vast left wing conspiracy" as the reason for why things don't go your way :cry:.

Don't like the news? "It's those conspiring liberal, elitist journalists trying to undermine the president and sink America!"

Upset that a Republican policy is, God forbid, being debated in Congress? "It's the godless vast left-wing conspiracy seeking to undermine traditional American values and the president, who in my opinion should be canonized!"

Pissed-off about not being able to erect a crucifix on your courthouse lawn because Jews and Muslims in your community see it as unfair governmental religious preference? "It's the vast leftwing conspiracy attacking our religious freedoms!"

Disgusted with homos and lesbos because they have the audacity to say they "love" each other and want to get married? "The vast left wing conspiracy seeks to turn our kids queer, endorses pedophilia and is attempting to destroy society's very foundation!"

Hate that liberals find it necessary to fund social programs that give welfare to the poor? "Brown people and those born into extreme poverty are presented with the exact same chances to make something of themselves as I was! They have no excuse for being poor other than pure laziness!"

Think anybody who questions the need for war in Iraq is an un-American scumbag who wishes our troops were dead so that Muslims could take over the world? "It doesn't matter to me that the administration fudged the evidence for going to war and that over 20,000 innocent Iraqis have died as the result of our invasion, not to mention over 2000 US and "coalition" troops, and that the perpetrators of 9/11 are still at large and that there was no plan of action following the invasion and that efforts to train Iraqi forces so we can leave have been completely goofed, we're spreading delicious freedom to Iraq by fighting an insurgency we created when we took out their government! Anyone who doesn't like the war is an enemy of freedom!"

Think it's stupid that evil libs want to see tougher gun laws in order to curb the amount of gun-related deaths in the US every year, which is higher than any other first-world country on the planet? Nationmaster.com "It's those damn libs again! They're trying to restrict my second amendment rights! Charleton Heston is my homeboy! WhoooHoo!"

Can't understand why on Earth someone would want to question the credentials of someone nominated by the president to fill a lifetime position in which they would make decisions that would affect all Americans? "Those liberals are conspiring to drag the president and his nominee through the mud just for kicks! How dare they ask to know the nominee's positions on key issues before voting him in?"

If you answered "YES" to any of these, you might be a Republican. Here's your sign.
219787-resized200.jpg

Was there something that you brought to the table in there somewhere? I think I missed it.

Mr. P said:
They're even in self destruct on the board, just look at Hags posts. :banana:
If Bush said "f*ck America" in a speech, ya'll would find a way to interpret it as good for the administration and the country. Look at the Republicans. They got the keys to the city. And yet...Social Security reform is dead in the water. Bush's job approval ratings are in the tank. The war on terror is stuck in what looks like a decade-long quagmire in Iraq, in which Sunni support for the new government is all but gone. The national deficit is out of control. Bush has been found to appoint unqualified cronies to important positions in government, which caused a relief disaster in NewOrleans. Government spending is out of control, which is hiking up the national debt and to top it all off, people are being indicted at the highest levels of the whitehouse for what appears to be fraud and treason. Where's the silver lining? Meanwhile, you guys are accusing the Democrats of falling apart at the seams. :rolleyes: Are you guys serious?

Bonnie said:
Democrats Force Senate Into Iraq Meeting
Nov 01 3:43 PM US/Eastern
Email this story

By LIZ SIDOTI
Associated Press Writer

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/11/01/D8DJT7B80.html

LOL They have completely lost their minds

They are at their wits end........... :funnyface

They just needed to draw attention away from their embarrassment in the Plame investigation, and deflect from having to confirm Alito.

Agree with you Gunny!

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/012121.php
Bless the Dems

The Democrats have forced the Senate into a closed session, demanding answers about the pre-war intelligence on Iraqi WMD. Minority leader Reid used the Libby indictment as a pretext for this meaningless stunt. Presumably, Reid needed a closed door session to prevent the public from witnessing the spectacle of Democrats making fools out of themselves trying to explain the connection between that indictment and pre-war intelligence on Iraq.

The Democrats must feel that they are losing momentum now that the Republicans have their act together on the Supreme Court, and Fitzgerald did not indict Rove. That the Dems see throwing a temper tantrum as a way to regain momentum, rather than as reminder to the public that they are unfit to govern, speaks volumes.
Posted by Paul at 03:19 PM

GunnyL said:
They just needed to draw attention away from their embarrassment in the Plame investigation, and deflect from having to confirm Alito.
Dems will confirm Alito if he is qualified. They confirmed Roberts didn't they? I think the real question is why are Republicans so averse to conducting an investigation if the administration is so innocent and the Dem's claims are so baseless? If the administration's got nothing to hide, why not let them conduct an investigation?

Hagbard Celine said:
Dems will confirm Alito if he is qualified. They confirmed Roberts didn't they? I think the real question is why are Republicans so averse to conducting an investigation if the administration is so innocent and the Dem's claims are so baseless? If the administration's got nothing to hide, why not let them conduct an investigation?

The investigation WAS conducted. The Dem's just don't like the answers because they didn't get fry any Republican ass.

Hell, even Putin verified Bush had the same information Russia did. That's like Satan intervening on Christ's behalf to Pilate.

I mean how many times do we have to investigate this? How many times does Abu Ghraib have to be revisited? How many time Does Delay have to be indicted?

The only satisfactory answer to the Dem's is as many times as it takes to destroy the individual they are targetting.

GunnyL said:
The investigation WAS conducted. The Dem's just don't like the answers because they didn't get fry any Republican ass.

Hell, even Putin verified Bush had the same information Russia did. That's like Satan intervening on Christ's behalf to Pilate.

I mean how many times do we have to investigate this? How many times does Abu Ghraib have to be revisited? How many time Does Delay have to be indicted?

The only satisfactory answer to the Dem's is as many times as it takes to destroy the individual they are targetting.

You nailed that! :clap: :clap:

Hagbard Celine said:
If Bush said "f*ck America" in a speech, ya'll would find a way to interpret it as good for the administration and the country. ...
Show me posts I've made that can lead you to that wild ass conclusion.
Yer melting down kid, just like the rest of the libs. Come to the light, think for yourself for once, ya gotta start someday. :eek:

Hagbard Celine said:

i think the dems should investigate iraq and bush......and LBJ and the gulf of tonkin......and the should stay the hell out of politics

Hagbard Celine said:
If Bush said "f*ck America" in a speech, ya'll would find a way to interpret it as good for the administration and the country.

Since the president has never said "Fuck America" in a speech, i suppose the idea is moot. I believe that if a Republican goes awry, conservatives call them on it. Look at the Miers nomination.

Look at the Republicans. They got the keys to the city. And yet...Social Security reform is dead in the water.

It was a risky proposition to begin with.

Bush's job approval ratings are in the tank.

He keeps spending like a drunken democrat and ignores the pleas of those that elected him then yes, your job approval ratings go down.

The war on terror is stuck in what looks like a decade-long quagmire in Iraq, in which Sunni support for the new government is all but gone.

Then why did the Sunni's take part in the recent elections? They all voted against the constitution but they voted. Its a start towards democracy. Do all the democrats not believe in the US government because they voted against the current president in the last election?

The national deficit is out of control.

Deficit is always out of control. Its spedning that needs to stop. Spending on government handout programs and frivelous projects like bridges to no where.

Bush has been found to appoint unqualified cronies to important positions in government, which caused a relief disaster in NewOrleans.

Michael Brown oversaw 16 separate declarations of emergency that all ran smoothly before Hurricane Katrina. In all those circumstances the local and state governments acted as the primary support and FEMA responded by sending the supplies that the state and locals asked for. FEMA was not hands on as the primary support in all those emergencies. In NO, the state and local governments were incompetant and that caused an emergency to turn into a disaster.

Government spending is out of control, which is hiking up the national debt

Agreed. Public education, Public broadcasting, Social Security, Welfare, etc all need to go or be reformed.

and to top it all off, people are being indicted at the highest levels of the whitehouse for what appears to be fraud and treason.

The indictments only charge 1 person with lying about a crime that wasnt committed. Which in and of itself is an ambiguous crime. Justice Ginsberg had brought it up in a Supreme court case back in the late 90's. She had stated that the wording of the law can be used as a political tool to eliminate one's opponents without having a crime committed. Essentially you are charging somone for saying that they didnt commit a crime that wasnt committed.

Where's the silver lining? Meanwhile, you guys are accusing the Democrats of falling apart at the seams. :rolleyes: Are you guys serious?

Silver lining? I just look at reality.

archangel said:
I think manu would be more along the lines of the "Mommas and Poppas" "California Dreaming" since he is a Nevada defector to California... :rolleyes: :tng:

born i oakland.....then fort ord, carmel, berkley then reno now back in the plastic smile

Kathianne said:
They got what they wanted, coverage by the press. Alito is 'blocking' Libby problems, they wanted the focus shifted. What are we talking about right now?

While I won't be watching the network news or Ted Koppel-is he still on? I'm sure the coverage will be about 'security' and 'leaks.'

It's now a media coverage game. I wonder what they will do as an encore when they run out of false accusations and they can't get Wilson to shut up.. :eek:

GunnyL said:

Dead on!!!!!!!!!!!!

insein said:
Since the president has never said "Fuck America" in a speech, i suppose the idea is moot. I believe that if a Republican goes awry, conservatives call them on it. Look at the Miers nomination.

It was a risky proposition to begin with.

He keeps spending like a drunken democrat and ignores the pleas of those that elected him then yes, your job approval ratings go down.

Then why did the Sunni's take part in the recent elections? They all voted against the constitution but they voted. Its a start towards democracy. Do all the democrats not believe in the US government because they voted against the current president in the last election?

Deficit is always out of control. Its spedning that needs to stop. Spending on government handout programs and frivelous projects like bridges to no where.

Michael Brown oversaw 16 separate declarations of emergency that all ran smoothly before Hurricane Katrina. In all those circumstances the local and state governments acted as the primary support and FEMA responded by sending the supplies that the state and locals asked for. FEMA was not hands on as the primary support in all those emergencies. In NO, the state and local governments were incompetant and that caused an emergency to turn into a disaster.

Agreed. Public education, Public broadcasting, Social Security, Welfare, etc all need to go or be reformed.

The indictments only charge 1 person with lying about a crime that wasnt committed. Which in and of itself is an ambiguous crime. Justice Ginsberg had brought it up in a Supreme court case back in the late 90's. She had stated that the wording of the law can be used as a political tool to eliminate one's opponents without having a crime committed. Essentially you are charging somone for saying that they didnt commit a crime that wasnt committed.

Silver lining? I just look at reality.

Insein you ROCK!!!!

Forum List

Back