Democrats keep saying "no scotus until the people decide"

Thing is the people already decided when the GOP hijacked the process under Obama. Like that act or not it put the direction of the court FIRMLY in the hands of the voter.
Voters chose and the left lost so why hold up more nominees when the people have already spoken?

And spare me the popular vote or Russia Russia Russia bullshit.
Merrick Garland or no one!

Actually, the Dems are being stupid here. They cannot win; the seat will be filled and they are just going to look like obstructionists, which is NOT as popular as some of the ultra partisans here think.

Thing is the people already decided when the GOP hijacked the process under Obama. Like that act or not it put the direction of the court FIRMLY in the hands of the voter.
Voters chose and the left lost so why hold up more nominees when the people have already spoken?

Since the post is only 47 minutes old, can you edit it and make what you are saying more clear?

Hijacked the process? Barry Hussein was a lame duck who was term limited to a couple of months when the choice for SCOTUS came up. President Trump has 2 1/2 years left in his first term. Even if democrats want to re-invent the Constitution there is no precedent for waiting until after mid-term elections. Democrats have to put away their anger or seek professional help and live with the reality that President Trump will pick a nominee for the Supreme Court.

Garland was nominated in March of 2016. There was plenty of time for the nomination to be taken up. Kennedy retired in June and McConnel says he wants a vote by October. Amazing how fast they can move when they want to.

must be a real bummer always having so much butt hurt

--LOL

America's butt is hurting.

The next Supreme Court Justice is going to be a young white catholic woman! That will make Harry Reid shit his drawers!
I don't think so. Trump made a few comments yesterday that make me think he won't nominate someone so clearly against R v W.

Democrats thought the GOP didn't have the balls to nuclear option their ass on SCOTUS confirmations, they thought wrong.

I didn't think they had the balls, I thought wrong too. Even though the Democrats created the judicial filibuster under W and eliminated all but the SCOTUS filibuster under O, I didn't think they would end the SCOTUS filibuster. They did. It was a rare moment of clarity for McConnell

I might agree with your argument, in principle. But Donald lost the popular vote. So the people didn't decide, the electoral college decided. I think the real truth in all of this is that our system of government needs a huge makeover, because our procedural processes have become diseased.

Hijacked the process? Barry Hussein was a lame duck who was term limited to a couple of months when the choice for SCOTUS came up. President Trump has 2 1/2 years left in his first term. Even if democrats want to re-invent the Constitution there is no precedent for waiting until after mid-term elections. Democrats have to put away their anger or seek professional help and live with the reality that President Trump will pick a nominee for the Supreme Court.

Garland was nominated in March of 2016. There was plenty of time for the nomination to be taken up. Kennedy retired in June and McConnel says he wants a vote by October. Amazing how fast they can move when they want to.

must be a real bummer always having so much butt hurt

--LOL

America's butt is hurting.

No, just your leftist butts

I might agree with your argument, in principle. But Donald lost the popular vote. So the people didn't decide, the electoral college decided. I think the real truth in all of this is that our system of government needs a huge makeover, because our procedural processes have become diseased.
The people never decide. States decide and the electoral college is in place so that the States do decide. This is not a democracy. This is not mob rule. This is a republic.

Republicans are the hypocrites. They refused to act on Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland by saying that voters should decide in the election. This is a good example of how Republicans have abused their majorities.
presidential election this year I haven't heard about?

Midterms are elections as well.

The delay over Garland was to allow the INCOMING president to name his preferred Justice.

at the time the delay started, Hillary was considered a shoe in, and it was predicted she would also name Garland, or someone similar.

if the democrats somehow take the Senate, are thy going to delay Trumps nominations til either HE leaves office, or THEY lose the Senate?

Republicans are the hypocrites. They refused to act on Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland by saying that voters should decide in the election. This is a good example of how Republicans have abused their majorities.
Everyone in DC is a hypocrite. Everyone of us are hypocrites.

Now, do you have anything productive to offer?

You don't have anything to offer. Your OP was dishonest. If you were a kid, you would deserve a good spanking for not telling the whole truth. I am not a hypocrite. I treat Trump the same way that I treated Obama and even Clinton. Trump like Clinton does not deserve to be President as they are both sexual predators.
WTF is this off topic tantrum?
No one here cares about your feelings.

The only thing that is off is you and other Trump supporters. I believe in fair play and are tired of politics as usual. Republicans represent all the things that are wrong with this country. That is why I would like to see Democrats take over the House and Senate with moderates being the swing vote. We need to defang crazies on the Democrat left and the Republican right. Reagan was a right of center politician not a far right politician.

Yes, that's what you're using to word parse. Obviously he was referring to Presidential elections. There is a long history of no SCOTUS nominations in Presidential election years. Breyer and Kagan were both nominated in an election year and Kennedy and Alito were both confirmed in an election year.

Your word parsing is a fail

When did the DEMs put Kagan on the bench????????????????
Enough said!

Everyone in DC is a hypocrite. Everyone of us are hypocrites.

Now, do you have anything productive to offer?

You don't have anything to offer. Your OP was dishonest. If you were a kid, you would deserve a good spanking for not telling the whole truth. I am not a hypocrite. I treat Trump the same way that I treated Obama and even Clinton. Trump like Clinton does not deserve to be President as they are both sexual predators.
WTF is this off topic tantrum?
No one here cares about your feelings.

The only thing that is off is you and other Trump supporters. I believe in fair play and are tired of politics as usual. Republicans represent all the things that are wrong with this country. That is why I would like to see Democrats take over the House and Senate with moderates being the swing vote. We need to defang crazies on the Democrat left and the Republican right. Reagan was a right of center politician not a far right politician.
More off topic gibberish.

The delay over Garland was to allow the INCOMING president to name his preferred Justice.

at the time the delay started, Hillary was considered a shoe in, and it was predicted she would also name Garland, or someone similar.

if the democrats somehow take the Senate, are thy going to delay Trumps nominations til either HE leaves office, or THEY lose the Senate?

The trouble is that Obama was President. Republicans had a history of being against everything Obama wanted to do. The idea that they were interested in what Clinton wanted was ludicrous.

I would love to see Democrat incumbents in Montana and North Dakota win. They are moderates. I would also like to see Democrats in Tennessee and Arizona win. They are moderates.

The next Supreme Court Justice is going to be a young white catholic woman! That will make Harry Reid shit his drawers!
I don't think so. Trump made a few comments yesterday that make me think he won't nominate someone so clearly against R v W.
What did he say?
I don't remember exactly; you know how he dances around making a direct statement. But he's holding back for the ratings on Monday night at 9 p.m., dontcha know.

What did he say?
I don't remember exactly; you know how he dances around making a direct statement. But he's holding back for the ratings on Monday night at 9 p.m., dontcha know.
Oh come on now! You cannot remember what you are accusing him of?

I agree, but not with the big difference between the two elections. Yes, the "delay" over Garland was to allow the new President to make the pick. In this case, the senate's ability to confirm or deny the nomination is equally worthy for that argument.

What did he say?
Oh come on now! You cannot remember what you are accusing him of?
I am not accusing him of anything.

Forum List

Back