Ding dong the Chevron's dead.

What's your point, moron?

A landfill is being made into a park.

When I lived in Virginia, they had done the same thing. They even gave it an appropriate name:

Exactly what the fuck does this have to do with the issue being discussed in this topic?

Well they finally did it. Now congress has to be explicit in what it wants executive agencies to do when it passes laws, or face courts figuring it out for them.

A great day for the separation and balance of powers at the federal level.

SHOCKER: SCOTUS Delivers a Kill Shot to Big Government

Yesterday was good for conservatives, but today is BETTER. Yes, better, because it basically hobbled the bureaucrats.

Well they finally did it. Now congress has to be explicit in what it wants executive agencies to do when it passes laws, or face courts figuring it out for them.

A great day for the separation and balance of powers at the federal level.

SHOCKER: SCOTUS Delivers a Kill Shot to Big Government
It won't change much but it is definitely a step in the right direction.

If ya'll would just make me dictator for a year, I would put an iron clad law on the books that faceless bureaucrats be given NO authority to establish rule and regulations with force of law. If they want enforceable rules and regs they give them to Congress to debate and be on the record as passing or not. And each one or perhaps a small (one page) list of rules and regs would be debated and passed as stand alone bills and not buried in other huge pieces of legislation or spending packages.

I would also establish zero base budgeting in which each agency head asks for whatever pens, pencils, erasers, staff is needed for any government department and agency and the Congress passes that budget every year separately for each agency or department. And Congress would also authorize funds for whatever initiatives the agency intended to do for the coming budget year. No more just adding on to existing budgets with no transparency of where the money is going.

If Congress is going to authorize millions for gender studies in Pakistan--yes they did that but buried it inside an enormous spending package--they would have to debate that as a stand alone bill and pass it with every Representative and Senator on the record as pro or con.

Yesterday was good for conservatives, but today is BETTER. Yes, better, because it basically hobbled the bureaucrats.
As long as air and water standards are protected from industry. I've never understood relaxing those standards. But then again profits over people is a reality.

It won't change much but it is definitely a step in the right direction.

If ya'll would just make me dictator for a year, I would put an iron clad law on the books that faceless bureaucrats be given NO authority to establish rule and regulations with force of law. If they want enforceable rules and regs they give them to Congress to debate and be on the record as passing or not. And each one or perhaps a small (one page) list of rules and regs would be debated and passed as stand alone bills and not buried in other huge pieces of legislation or spending packages.

I would also establish zero base budgeting in which each agency head asks for whatever pens, pencils, erasers, staff is needed for any government department and agency and the Congress passes that budget every year separately for each agency or department. And Congress would also authorize funds for whatever initiatives the agency intended to do for the coming budget year. No more just adding on to existing budgets with no transparency of where the money is going.

If Congress is going to authorize millions for gender studies in Pakistan--yes they did that but buried it inside an enormous spending package--they would have to debate that as a stand alone bill and pass it with every Representative and Senator on the record as pro or con.

All fights have to have a beginning, and no, we don't need to go the dictator route.

Goodbye clean air. Goodbye clean water.

Now it is up to the retards in Congress to determine what is a safe level of toxins ppm is safe to drink instead of experts.

Nowhere in the Constitution is Congress permitted to delegate their power to unelected bureaucrats who are largely held unaccountable for their decisions. They can pass legislation by having experts in the field assist in crafting it, just like they do with everything else.

Nowhere in the Constitution is Congress permitted to delegate their power to unelected bureaucrats who are largely held unaccountable for their decisions. They can pass legislation by having experts in the field assist in crafting it, just like they do with everything else.
The "experts" helping retards like MTG draft legislation will be the polluters.

Goodbye clean air. Goodbye clean water.

Now it is up to the retards in Congress to determine what is a safe level of toxins ppm is safe to drink instead of experts.
Better than goodbye secure borders, a real economy, parental rights and law and order.

Oh, I think congress can still pass a bill saying the EPA can set limits on certain pollutants. The EPA can also attempt to enforce fines on individual energy producers. BUT energy producers may now argue that fines are excessive and even that congress hasn't empowered it to do so or that the pollutants are safe..... unless congress has already addressed the issues.

Let's put it this way...

Yes to the over reach by all named above committees and legislative actions by EPA, FDA, and etc....

But also this rampant inflation and cooked books concerning how bad inflation is....that's another agency. Then ignoring congressional insider trading? SEC, FBI, and DOJ conjointly.

How about ATF? They get to lose a few pegs of power.
DHS? Losing a bit too....but then the President can't change things anymore either...like rampant open borders. (Or close them)

Oh, I think congress can still pass a bill saying the EPA can set limits on certain pollutants. The EPA can also attempt to enforce fines on individual energy producers. BUT energy producers may now argue that fines are excessive and even that congress hasn't empowered it to do so or that the pollutants are safe..... unless congress has already addressed the issues.
Correct....but the EPA was not elected by the people. The EPA also sets CAFE standards....which are crap. And where the O² sensor can be placed in your exhaust system.

All fights have to have a beginning, and no, we don't need to go the dictator route.
Well I've lived a long life and so far in all those decades I haven't seen any move to return the federal government to a government of the people, by the people, for the people. Trump probably got closer to that concept than others, but we still have a government of the government for the government, by the government and the people are mostly an afterthought or somebody to throw just enough bones at them to keep them voting for it.

What's your point, moron?

Hey look, a genuine rocket scientist! :p

A landfill is being made into a park.

When I lived in Virginia, they had done the same thing. They even gave it an appropriate name:

You clowns are big on names.

Not so big on children.

Exactly what the fuck does this have to do with the issue being discussed in this topic?

You raised the issue, genius.

Leftards are hypocrites. I could spend all day cataloguing leftard hypocrisy and it wouldn't even scratch the surface.

I see you don't know diddly about landfills. But that's okay, I'm not going to be the one to educate you. Maybe you should ask one of the government experts.

Also....
Farm Credit lending institutions have gone WAY WAY beyond what they are supposed to do. They will get reigned in as well.

*7Correct....but the EPA was not elected by the people. The EPA also sets CAFE standards....which are crap. And where the O² sensor can be placed in your exhaust system.
yeah, but that's not what Roberts' opinion in Jarkesy was about. It was about the SEC levying fines without a jury trial.

And in Bright, the Court did NOT say the EPA could not require monitors on fishing boats, but it did say that Courts will determine if the fees violate the fishermen's rights (ie ability to stay in business)

Forum List

Back