Democrats Losing More Voters in Key Swing States Than Republicans

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I actually found this a really surprising find given Trump's constant covfefe. Independent registrations are swelling, though, so I think this is just a sign of people getting sick of being officially affiliated with the two parties, but they'll still vote for them.

They have lost 12,000 registered Democratic voters in Arizona since the presidential election, bringing the number down to 1.2 million. Republicans have lost just 1,000 voters and stand at nearly 1.4 million in the state.

In Pennsylvania, Democrats held a registration edge of about 800,000 over Republicans — 4 million to 3.2 million — as of Dec. 18. But the number of registered Democrats is down 4.5 percent, while Republicans have lost 2.4 percent.

In Florida, Democrats hold a registration edge, but their ranks also have also dropped at a faster rate.

As of Oct. 31, the number of registered Florida Democrats dropped 1.9 percent from last year to about 4.8 million. The number of registered Republican voters fell 0.6 percent, to about 4.6 million.

Nevada Republicans, meanwhile, have shaved Democrats’ edge from 119,000 voters in October 2016 to about 98,000 as of Dec. 1.

Democratic voter rolls signal midterm election trouble

People don’t want to be affiliated with the un-American regressives that are the Democrat Party now. Many are also sick of the GOP who won’t work with President Trump.

A Moonie Times propaganda piece? Seriously?

All you're seeing is voter roll purges in three cherrypicked states. Florida, Pennsylvania and Arizona all engaged in Republican-backed voter roll purges.

Hey dummies . People are masking their party affiliation because czar Trump is collecting the data to pursecute his enemies.

I actually found this a really surprising find given Trump's constant covfefe. Independent registrations are swelling, though, so I think this is just a sign of people getting sick of being officially affiliated with the two parties, but they'll still vote for them.
I am among those who switched to non-affiliated status. I resigned my Republican membership last week.

As for "voting for them", I have not voted on the national level since 2006. I refuse to vote for either cesspool.

Hopefully, the retarded push polls I have been getting in the mail from the Naked Emperor will stop showing up in my mailbox since I have resigned my GOP membership.

What the hell choice do they (we) have? The system is Duopoly-rigged. If Henry Ford says your Model T comes in black, that means you're not getting one in green.

A Moonie Times propaganda piece? Seriously?

All you're seeing is voter roll purges in three cherrypicked states. Florida, Pennsylvania and Arizona all engaged in Republican-backed voter roll purges.

And you have evidence of this, right Patty Hearst?

What the hell choice do they (we) have? The system is Duopoly-rigged. If Henry Ford says your Model T comes in black, that means you're not getting one in green.

There are plenty of other choices on the ballot. You simply choose to ignore them.

There are plenty of other choices on the ballot. You simply choose to ignore them.

Certainly not in the POTUS election there aren't. Oh they're printed on there, but the system is rigged so that actually voting for any of them guarantees your vote is tossed.

Anyway, you seem to be laboring under the illusion that you have to belong to a political party in order to vote for one. You don't. We nonaffiliateds were already the largest faction of voters in this country, and all your numbers show is that we're getting bigger.

The only reason I can think of to join a political party is when your state requires it to vote in that party's primaries (mine does not). And that can be done for the occasion. Other than that, what's the point?

There are at least some places (Vermont comes to mind) where you don't declare an affiliation at all when you register. And if you think about it, why should you have to anyway, since it's not required to cast a vote?

Certainly not in the POTUS election there aren't. Oh they're there, but the system is rigged so that actually voting for any of them guarantees your vote is tossed.

It's your choice to ignore the other candidates. Nobody has rigged it against you other than some difficult ballot access laws in some states.

Anyway, you seem to be laboring under the illusion that you have to belong to a political party in order to vote for one. You don't. We nonaffiliateds were already the largest faction of voters in this country, and all your numbers show is that we're getting bigger.

I've been registered non-affiliated for ten years. Tell me something I don't know.

They have lost 12,000 registered Democratic voters in Arizona since the presidential election, bringing the number down to 1.2 million. Republicans have lost just 1,000 voters and stand at nearly 1.4 million in the state.

In Pennsylvania, Democrats held a registration edge of about 800,000 over Republicans — 4 million to 3.2 million — as of Dec. 18. But the number of registered Democrats is down 4.5 percent, while Republicans have lost 2.4 percent.

In Florida, Democrats hold a registration edge, but their ranks also have also dropped at a faster rate.

As of Oct. 31, the number of registered Florida Democrats dropped 1.9 percent from last year to about 4.8 million. The number of registered Republican voters fell 0.6 percent, to about 4.6 million.

Nevada Republicans, meanwhile, have shaved Democrats’ edge from 119,000 voters in October 2016 to about 98,000 as of Dec. 1.

Democratic voter rolls signal midterm election trouble
It's what happens when White Folk begin re-discovering their political courage...

Coming to the realization that they do not have to kiss Illegal Alien ass after all...

Coming to the realization that they do not have to kiss Black or Hispanic ass after all...

Coming to the realization that they do not have to kiss Gay Mafia ass after all...

Coming to the realization that they do not have to kiss Muslim ass after all...

That's a huge relief to vast numbers of White Americans who formerly lacked the courage to speak-out for themselves in the face of those bully-pulpits...

Many of these will naturally gravitate towards the group (or party) which lifted that burden from their shoulders...

Democrats would do well to dump some of the baggage that contributed to their loss on Nov 8, 20106, and kiss-and-make-up with White Straight Christian America, before it buries them... let's face it, when that demographic votes in something approximating a solid bloc, none can oppose them...

Political Correctness... and the terrible, oppressive, Leftist-favoring silence which comes with that... is quickly losing its dominant status...

Consider it a Market Correction.

Last edited:
Certainly not in the POTUS election there aren't. Oh they're there, but the system is rigged so that actually voting for any of them guarantees your vote is tossed.

It's your choice to ignore the other candidates. Nobody has rigged it against you other than some difficult ballot access laws in some states.

I've been registered non-affiliated for ten years. Tell me something I don't know.
I've always thought open primaries would solve this problem. Instead of seperate primaries based on parties and who is a member of it make the primaries on the same day for all parties within each state. You get one vote and the top two get the states delegates for the presidential race.

In a POTUS election? Of course they do. Due to the way the Electrical College is executed, any vote outside the Duopoly goes straight to the crapper, along with everybody who didn't vote for the side of the Duopoly the majority in that state did.

I've done that, for instance when I lived in a red state, casting a protest vote for a third party. since by definition my vote was not going to count anyway, why not make a statement. It's not much of a statement, certainly not a satisfying one.

Then how do you draw any conclusions about the meanings these party registration numbers? You yourself don't affiliate with a party, so why expect others to?

Without knowing what they are I'm wiling to bet you'd find a steady attrition of political party affiliation over the last several years or decades, not just this year. There's just no point in it. As you and I both just illustrated.

Sayeth what?

Why wouldn’t people like Democrats? Don’t people love being told what to do on everything in life by the government?

Hey dummies . People are masking their party affiliation because czar Trump is collecting the data to pursecute his enemies.
77c.jpg

Forum List

Back