Democrats may reject Republican convention in Charlotte

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Some members of Charlotte's Democratic-dominated City Council are suggesting they should turn down the 2020 Republican National Convention if the party chooses the North Carolina city later this month.

The members said their concerns aren't entirely political. Some worry dangerous protesters could take over the city. Others say President Donald Trump is too divisive of a figure and a Republican convention when he isn't in office would be fine.

"Bringing the Republican National Convention to Charlotte is/should be more than an economic development decision," council member Braxton Winston posted on Facebook Monday night. "We would be asking the people of Charlotte to host a celebration for a brand of politics that has been highly divisive and some would say dangerous to our community."

So, you are afraid of the Democratic Party protesters.
Ironic. Charlotte bid for the convention. Besides those scruffy "protesters", can Democrats get any stupider?

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Some members of Charlotte's Democratic-dominated City Council are suggesting they should turn down the 2020 Republican National Convention if the party chooses the North Carolina city later this month.

The members said their concerns aren't entirely political. Some worry dangerous protesters could take over the city. Others say President Donald Trump is too divisive of a figure and a Republican convention when he isn't in office would be fine.

"Bringing the Republican National Convention to Charlotte is/should be more than an economic development decision," council member Braxton Winston posted on Facebook Monday night. "We would be asking the people of Charlotte to host a celebration for a brand of politics that has been highly divisive and some would say dangerous to our community."

This is literally a perfect example of how utterly stupid leftists are.
A major economic boom turned down because their panties are in a knot.

That entire city council should be dumped by the local voters. Beyond absurd.

It's the Democrats in Charlotte who created the potty law dictating the public use of private bathrooms. This is nothing new for them

Dangerous protesters? Maybe if democrats stopped endorsing the freaking craziness cities like Charlotte might be safer. Hypocrite democrats won't do it though.

It's the Democrats in Charlotte who created the potty law dictating the public use of private bathrooms. This is nothing new for them
This is just so anti American.

It would be like me refusing to do a 50k remodeling job because the customer thought differently than me politically.

It would be like me refusing to do a 50k remodeling job because the customer thought differently than me politically.

Yes, but it's the way they are. Democrats want to silence opposition any way they can. It's what leftists always evolve into

Dumb initiative. Welcome them to your city, take their money….

Agreed, best way to get back at those you disagree with is to get into their pocket!

I've often wondered why it seems to be that the Democrats are usually the only ones you see protesting and doing activist types of things. Republicans generally dont. This makes me wonder, who's doing the more patriotic thing?

Say what you will about dems, but they certainly do exercise their freedom of speech and the right to assembly. Sure, the violence and vitriol could certainly be stopped, but at the end of the day, are they not the ones who are using their voice to protest government that they dont agree with, and fighting back as outlined in the constitution?

I think their anger is often misplaced, as I see them frequently attacking other citizens, and in sure the repubs do as well occasionally, but, their anger should be toward the government, and their elected officials, not other citizens.

Anyway, just something I was thinking.

I've often wondered why it seems to be that the Democrats are usually the only ones you see protesting and doing activist types of things. Republicans generally dont. This makes me wonder, who's doing the more patriotic thing?

Say what you will about dems, but they certainly do exercise their freedom of speech and the right to assembly. Sure, the violence and vitriol could certainly be stopped, but at the end of the day, are they not the ones who are using their voice to protest government that they dont agree with, and fighting back as outlined in the constitution?

I think their anger is often misplaced, as I see them frequently attacking other citizens, and in sure the repubs do as well occasionally, but, their anger should be toward the government, and their elected officials, not other citizens.

Anyway, just something I was thinking.

First of all, once upon a time people protested issues that needed to be addressed and they came from all over the spectrum. NOW, they are protesting for rights they already have...........and they are frightened that the other party is taking those away and it's all based on fear.

This is hysterical considering that the Democratic Party has been vocal about the ramifications of Fox News. Once they realized how to do it then they had no problem using the exact same fear mongering/faux outrage propaganda techniques on their own base. AND have done it so well that they have people defending the propaganda. This is ok because of......you-did-it-firster.

If you look at how the interference in other countries has been, you see a pattern of a world power behind protests for regime change. This is what we are watching unfold. Fomenting division and, often, using kids that are at this really idealistic age. The Democratic Party is ok with this providing it keeps them in power.

I don't know Grampa. The way things seem to be going, both conventions in 2020 could be like Chicago in '68.

Charlotte should turn it down, diversity and tolerance are not Democratic values.
Speaking for someone who lives near Charlotte they will catch hell if they don't
oh BTW Charlotte city council is not tolerant
They've already created a divide with the police
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

A Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer is responding to a controversial tweet posted by city councilmember Lawana Mayfield Thursday, which mentioned "terrorist wearing blue uniforms."

Mayfield faced backlash for the comment she tweeted in late March in connection with the fatal shooting of Stephon Clark by two Sacramento Police Department officers. Mayfield, a Democrat who represents west Charlotte, posted on Twitter: "Being Black in America under #45 has created homegrown terrorist wearing blue uniforms."
Charlotte officer responds to city councilwoman's 'homegrown terrorist' tweet
She's also a TOOTHER

This is just beyond stupid. MILLIONS of potential dollars injected into the local economy possibly rejected over "feelings"

No one can see ignorant shit like this then try to say Democrats are rational human beings.

Agree to the first part…if you’re claiming the Dems are ignorant…Reps do the same thing. Recall the billboard in Texas?

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 12.32.29 PM.png

Charlotte should turn it down, diversity and tolerance are not Democratic values.
Speaking for someone who lives near Charlotte they will catch hell if they don't
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

A Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer is responding to a controversial tweet posted by city councilmember Lawana Mayfield Thursday, which mentioned "terrorist wearing blue uniforms."

Mayfield faced backlash for the comment she tweeted in late March in connection with the fatal shooting of Stephon Clark by two Sacramento Police Department officers. Mayfield, a Democrat who represents west Charlotte, posted on Twitter: "Being Black in America under #45 has created homegrown terrorist wearing blue uniforms."
She's also a TOOTHER

If the town is this torn up about whether to hold it, I think they should quit right now, while the quitting is good.

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

She's also a TOOTHER

If the town is this torn up about whether to hold it, I think they should quit right now, while the quitting is good.

The Merchants will lose a lot of money.

Last edited:

I don't know Grampa. The way things seem to be going, both conventions in 2020 could be like Chicago in '68.

Except that Republicans aren't rioting. Why do leftists always accuse people of doing what you do?

Interesting that many of the same people who want LGBTs to hit the road and go elsewhere, without complaining, to find a good cake are upset that the people they worship might have to hit the road to find a place to hold their convention.

Lol, it's their own creation they are afraid of.
Antifa.

Forum List

Back