Democrats misuse definition of insurrection, like they do many other terms

Probably because the legal burden is higher than can be met beyond a reasonable doubt.

That doesn't mean people can't have the opinion that it rises to the level of insurrection. The Jan 6th riot meets the criteria set forth in the OP. At the very least, you must admit that it gets near the definition.
No, what is going on here is defamation

An entire group of people and political party is being demonized as treasonous and violent, when in fact, they were unarmed and not trying to overthrow the government at all

No, these were patriots who were merely concerned about election integrity, whether it was a misplaced concern or not

It is similar to how Biden and the rest of the democrat Brown shirts declared Rittenhouse, not only a white supremacist, but a murderer as well, while the trial was being conducted that later showed he was neither a white supremacist or a murderer.

The Democrat party is a party that has practiced defamation with impunity, and have no qualms about trying to manipulate court decisions along the way, even if it means destroying innocent lives.

Many of these people at the protest January 6th lost their jobs because they were simply identified as being around the site, and marked for life as a traitor to their country.

And yet that's exactly what the GOP is trying to do. But you rather focus on Biden? I get it. You don't like Democrats your post makes that clear regardless of your supposed left wing policy support. I even get it. Biden isn't a loudmouth bombastic person who's easy to like or dislike. But Biden at his worst does not pose a threat to Democracy. Trump does so, proudly and unequivocally. I guess we have different priorities when it comes to politics.

If the choice would have been between Mccain or Kasick and Biden I would have chosen the Republicans. Not because I agree with much of their positions but because it would show that it is permissable to be ideologically opposed but still basically decent.

Being critical of my side is more important than being critical of their side. I don't expect you to understand that thought process.

That's not my fear. My fear is using the claim of election fraud as a justification for overturning the election results. After that an America that's an authocracy is a very short step.

And again that is exactly what is happening. Hell it's not even that the system is very Democratic to begin with. A 50/50 senate is actually a senate were one side represents 40 million fewer voters. Gerrymandering distorts the reality of the political makeup within states, and statistically a Democratic presidential candidate needs to achieve 4 points over a simple majority to get elected.
It's not going to happen dude. You might as well start panicking about the sky falling down.

No, what is going on here is defamation

An entire group of people and political party is being demonized as treasonous and violent, when in fact, they were unarmed and not trying to overthrow the government at all

No, these were patriots who were merely concerned about election integrity, whether it was a misplaced concern or not

It is similar to how Biden and the rest of the democrat Brown shirts declared Rittenhouse, not only a white supremacist, but a murderer as well, while the trial was being conducted that later showed he was neither a white supremacist or a murderer.

The Democrat party is a party that has practiced defamation with impunity, and have no qualms about trying to manipulate court decisions along the way, even if it means destroying innocent lives.

Many of these people at the protest January 6th lost their jobs because they were simply identified as being around the site, and marked for life as a traitor to their country.
You can whitewash it all you want.

Their goal was to get Trump a second term and prevent the constitutional process that would make Biden the president.

Oh, Sweetie ... If you want to talk about anyone's obsessions making them look desperate and a bit loony, or like they are trying to avoid some topics ...
I hope the Democrats and Progressives never figure out they are starting to look a bit crazier than any of the rioters last January 6 ... :thup:

The Republican party needs to come to terms with what Trump was doing. They haven't and it's dangerous to the country.

The Republican party needs to come to terms with what Trump was doing. They haven't and it's dangerous to the country.

There's a lot of Republicans that have been coming to terms with their ideas on Former President Trump.
We'll see how well they hang on to their terms later this year ... :thup:

There's a lot of Republicans that have been coming to terms with their ideas on Former President Trump.
We'll see how well they hang on to their terms later this year ... :thup:

Gibberish, no doubt intended to avoid the topic.

Trump tried to be made president despite losing the election. There's a term for that.

Trump tried to be made president despite losing the election. There's a term for that.

Avoid what topic?

You stated the Republicans needed to come to terms with Former President Trump.
I stated that a lot of them are and are drawing their lines in the sand.
A lot of those Republicans are up for re-election later this year.
Whether or not they hang on to their seat and get another term, is what we will see.

Just because you don't understand something, or are obsessed with a desperate and pathetic narrative ...
Doesn't necessarily mean that opposition to it is gibberish.

That's a fact ... :thup:

You can whitewash it all you want.

Their goal was to get Trump a second term and prevent the constitutional process that would make Biden the president.
Protesting what you thought was an unfair process is perfectly Constitutional.

In fact, a patriot would demand it.

Trump was accused by the same people as being a Putin puppet. They insisted the evidence was there and for 3 long years of dragging him through the mud and $30 million in tax payer money they proved NOTHING!

The democrat party has long ago lost all credibility and is merely a party of slander and defamation now.

They even tried to slander the Covington teen who later won millions in court cases showing just that, just like how the courts vindicated Rittenhouse.

Of course, the DNC does not recognize the court system so long as it offends them in any way.

Oh well, time to go pack the courts with judges who will be their stooges for them I reckon

Better get a crack'in!

The Govt goes for the charges they have the best chance of making stick. There is a reason that Al Capone was charged with tax evasion even though he did far worse

I just want to note that you're siding with the left, like you usually do. You mentioned that it's never pointed out, so thought I'd start showing you examples.. :cool:

Avoid what topic?

You stated the Republicans needed to come to terms with Former President Trump.
I stated that a lot of them are and are drawing their lines in the sand.
A lot of those Republicans are up for re-election later this year.
Whether or not they hang on to their seat and get another term, is what we will see.

Just because you don't understand something, or are obsessed with a desperate and pathetic narrative ...
Doesn't necessarily mean that opposition to it is gibberish.

That's a fact ... :thup:

The party is removing those who stand on the side of the constitution and promoting those who stand on the side of Trump.

It wasn't just a protest.

They weren't looking to be heard. They wanted an outcome. They wanted Trump to be "reelected", which would require the violation of the constitution.

Trump was accused by the same people as being a Putin puppet. They insisted the evidence was there and for 3 long years of dragging him through the mud and $30 million in tax payer money they proved NOTHING!

The democrat party has long ago lost all credibility and is merely a party of slander and defamation now.

They even tried to slander the Covington teen who later won millions in court cases showing just that, just like how the courts vindicated Rittenhouse.

Of course, the DNC does not recognize the court system so long as it offends them in any way.

Oh well, time to go pack the courts with judges who will be their stooges for them I reckon

Better get a crack'in!
So when are you going to stop accusing people of treason?

They severely fail at being able to cognitively empathize with the state of mind Republicans were in at that point. They act like the Republicans were knowingly trying to subvert democracy when in reality the Republicans thought that they were there to protest the subversion of democracy.

That was not a group of people that was trying to overthrow the government or be violent in general. There would have been a lot more dead people if that crowd had actually been looking for a fight.

Insurrection refers to an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government. It is a violent revolt against an oppressive authority. Insurrection is different from riots and offenses connected with mob violence. In insurrection there is an organized and armed uprising against authority or operations of government whereas riots and offenses connected with mob violence are simply unlawful acts in disturbance of the peace which do not threaten the stability of the government or the existence of political society.

So if the people of January 6th were insurrectionists, then where are the charges of insurrection upon detaining them?

Is it the first insurrection in world history that was conducted unarmed? Being armed is part of what makes it an insurrection.

And if it was organized, was it run by the Viking and the unarmed woman shot dead in the Capital?

Lastly, if these people murdered others, where are the murder charges?

Democrats are notorious for misusing terms, such as racist. When every political opponent is charged with being a racist, it tends to bastardize it's meaning.

Cool...

Does the entire mob have to be organized as one in your definition?

If so, does the entire mob have to have a unity of purpose For example, a riot to escape a prison can be the primary goal of some inmates but a secondary goal of others who know they most likely will never succeed--they just want to injure some guards.

Lastly, if you're armed with bear spray, baseball bats, tasers, etc... are you armed or does it have to be firearms?

The party is removing those who stand on the side of the constitution and promoting those who stand on the side of Trump.

The Establishment is doing what the Establishment always does.
A lot of Americans are just hardworking people trying to earn a good living, support their family, and be left alone to enjoy the rewards.

The further away from that the dog and pony show on Capitol Hill gets, the harder the Establishment will have to work to coral enough sheep.

Cool...

Does the entire mob have to be organized as one in your definition?

If so, does the entire mob have to have a unity of purpose For example, a riot to escape a prison can be the primary goal of some inmates but a secondary goal of others who know they most likely will never succeed--they just want to injure some guards.

Lastly, if you're armed with bear spray, baseball bats, tasers, etc... are you armed or does it have to be firearms?
If there was an organized effort at the top we'll never prove it. The FBI has already said that it hasn't found any evidence of that and it's been a year. You're living a fantasy if you think we're going to eventually get Trump over this.

I just want to note that you're siding with the left, like you usually do. You mentioned that it's never pointed out, so thought I'd start showing you examples.. :cool:

No, I am siding with what I saw live on the TV.

I do not give a shit what anyone else thinks.

Not to mention that Ted Cruz agrees with me and he is far from the left

It wasn't just a protest.

They weren't looking to be heard. They wanted an outcome. They wanted Trump to be "reelected", which would require the violation of the constitution.
And you wanted just the opposite

So what?

Forum List

Back