Democrats misuse definition of insurrection, like they do many other terms

Yes, I did want the opposite.

I wanted the constitution to be followed.
Where in the Constitution does it say voters can vote without an ID and can send as many absentee ballots as they wish?

Where in the Constitution does it say voters can vote without an ID and can send as many absentee ballots as they wish?
The Constitution doesn't say anything about need to vote with an ID or voting absentee.

It does say that the person with the most electoral votes is made president. That's what Trump and the mob were trying to undo.

I just want to note that you're siding with the left, like you usually do. You mentioned that it's never pointed out, so thought I'd start showing you examples.. :cool:

Oh, look here I am siding with the right, that must mean I am a Righty

Oh, look here I am siding with the right, that must mean I am a Righty

Accusing you of being right or left wing is the easiest way to discredit your post with minimal effort. " Oh, you're just a dumb left-winger. Nothing but a bunch of crazy talk that I don't need to address."

Accusing you of being right or left wing is the easiest way to discredit your post with minimal effort. " Oh, you're just a dumb left-winger. Nothing but a bunch of crazy talk that I don't need to address."

and depending on the topic I do get accused of both.

I do not fit well in a box

Being critical of my side is more important than being critical of their side. I don't expect you to understand that thought process.
You think so? If my side wants to increase taxes for instance, and the other side wants to install a dictator would you consider the first more important than the second simply because it's my side doing it? Aren't the consequences of one important enough to state a clear priority regardless of party? Like for instance.

If the choice would have been between Mccain or Kasick and Biden I would have chosen the Republicans. Not because I agree with much of their positions but because it would show that it is permissable to be ideologically opposed but still basically decent.
Do you see how my side's ideology takes a backseat to the overall objective of preserving a Democracy by having 2 parties that take it seriously? You can try to take digs at me all you want and try to accuse me of being partisan, but the truth of it is, not just now but throughout my time on this board, I have consistently tried to be intellectually honest. I have gone after people on the left who I figured were unreasonable. I have conceded my point on a number of occasion. I have even reversed my position here one time when I couldn't sustain my argument. Something that I assume makes me pretty rare if not unique in this place.

I am of course biased. But I'm here to actually have an honest conversation.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You guys are very sensitive. I've explained this all above, as simply as I could.

I'd love to know why you guys are so triggered over the actual and clear dictionary definition of a word.
Gene pool and they are all related.

• Thanks
What I find interesting is this hiding behind "partisan bullshit."

Firstly a violent mob breaking into the capitol should be taken seriously. Especially when their stated goal is to prevent a peaceful transition of power. It should be even more serious when this happens at the behest of the previous president. The" it wasn't successful argument should not matter.

Secondly Democrats offered a bipartisan commission of experts were both parties would have equal representation. The GOP rejected that offer. It seems that the GOP wanted it to be partisan.

If a Democratic loser of the elections would claim the election was stolen without providing evidence in court and he would call a rally asking his supporters to stop the certification I would consider it a breach of his oath of office and support the severest possible consequences under the law to punish him. It is not even an academic question. Gore lost the election over a few hundred votes. When he didn't have any legal arguments to protest he conceded the presidency.

Republicans on the other hand overwhelmingly support a guy who rejects the Democratic process to the point of causing the Capitol being stormed. One of us is looking at this through a partisan lense. It is not me.
Gore won the popular vote. trump lost by 7 million.

And the Democrats started the riots of 2020 which cause FAR more damage than Jan 6.
Democrats started no riots. Furthermore 1-6 was an insurrection over nothing.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
You are such full of shit.

If that was the intent, what stopped them?
The various police units.

Look liar, we all saw the shit. So just face the reality of what is was and quit the motherfucking gaslighting.

I listed the charges. Where is the charge of insurrection in any of the charges?

In fact, if it is your position they were trying to overthrow the government, where are the charges of treason?
Shut that sorry shit up. We all saw what happened.

Democrats started no riots. Furthermore 1-6 was an insurrection over nothing.

Then Trump started no such riot on 1-6. 1-6 wasn't an insurrection any more than taking over a police station for a couple of weeks was. Heck, those folks set the place of fire and did far, far more damage. If Trump would have won the election, Democrats would still be looting, burning and taking over city, state and federal buildings to this day.

Collectively or individually, why aren’t any of these people being charged with insurrection?? In this case, Insurrection is what you people are calling it. The Law does not agree with you. Otherwise, they would be charged with insurrection.
We all saw what happened so just stop trying to argue about a word.

Then Trump started no such riot on 1-6. 1-6 wasn't an insurrection any more than taking over a police station for a couple of weeks was. Heck, those folks set the place of fire and did far, far more damage. If Trump would have won the election, Democrats would still be looting, burning and taking over city, state and federal buildings to this day.
But trump did start the insurrection. Look idiot, stop trying to compare protests of actual police killings to some made up bullshit about an election that wasn't stolen.

We all saw what happened so just stop trying to argue about a word.

Yeah, we all saw it and those of us with common sense know it was a riot that got out of hand. The 40% that can't see that are the same ones that vote for freebies and expect the rest of us to pay for them.

But trump did start the insurrection. Look idiot, stop trying to compare protests of actual police killings to some made up bullshit about an election that wasn't stolen.

Trump didn't start any insurrection. That is utter nonsense. He specially said to protest "peacefully and patriotically". Democratic politicians and the MSM purposely got all lefty deadbeats all worked up by jumping to conclusions about police shootings to create unrest in hopes they could hurt Trump's chances of re-election. Anyone paying attention knows this.

Legally? Sure. But they're entitled to it. This obsession of charges of insurrection is meaningless and desperately attempts to avoid the topic.
Repeated whining and crying like a kid in a toy store where Mom says no, you can't have that toy. The kid repeatedly asks "why Mommy, why?"

• Thanks
Trump didn't start any insurrection. That is utter nonsense. He specially said to protest "peacefully and patriotically". Democratic politicians and the MSM purposely got all lefty deadbeats all worked up by jumping to conclusions about police shootings to create unrest in hopes they could hurt Trump's chances of re-election. Anyone paying attention knows this.
Trump had a plan to unconstitutionally be made president.

If it wasn’t an insurrection, it was still very bad.

Forum List

Back