Democrats Perception Of Saddam/iraq Before Gwb...so Will They Do The Same With Isis??

TT166 9960204 regarding NF165 9959806, TT163 9958803, NY 9849288, HM 9849255, NY 9848980, BB 9848841, EC 9848689
I read it and and all I can remember is at this point, what does it matter. Hillary voted to go to war and then said I was only fooling.

It matters TooTall because you chose to cite a small snippet of Senator Clinton's entire speech and take it out of context for your attempt at a typical right winger political smear. Perhaps what I provided was too much in one post for your recall and comprehension ability to handle. Hilliary did not vote to go to war if diplomatic efforts were not to fail. The diplomatic efforts, consisting mainly of the resumption of UN Inspections came within 45 days of this vote and they did not fail. Bush failed to allow them to finish their work.

The start of Senator Clintons remarks explains this. Perhaps you skimmed past it just a bit too quickly:

October 10, 2002 Floor Speech of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton on S.J. Res. 45, A Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq' Delivered
Today we are asked whether to give the President of the United States authority to use force in Iraq should diplomatic efforts failto dismantle Saddam Hussein's chemical and biological weapons and his nuclear program.

All I read in this is Hillary trying to have it both ways. Bush gave Saddam an ultimatum and a time line to comply with,Saddam ignored it.and payed the price.

No what is wrong is idiots like you and these traitors that gave all the ammunition as if they handed out bullets to kill our soldiers!
Idiots like you don't seem to comprehend words have meanings!
Calling our troops terrorists, cold blooded killers helped the TERRORISTS as it certainly NEVER NEVER applied to the majority of US Troops that died protecting children! You idiots like Murtha,Obama you say those terrible words for political purposes ONLY! These words are used by the terrorists to recruit more and here is a study that proved it!

"Are insurgents in Iraq emboldened by voices in the news media expressing dissent or calling for troop withdrawals from Iraq?

The short answer is YES!!! according to Radha Iyengar, a Robert Wood Johnson Scholar in health policy research at Harvard and Jonathan Monten of the Belfer Center at the university's Kennedy School of Government.
Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
Do you think these were encouraging words to OUR military or to the terrorists?
THE EMBOLDENMENT EFFECT

Actually partisan hacks like this who lie about the meaning of what was said, give our enemies comfort.

But NOT ONE conservative "HACK" would EVER EVER EVER call our soldiers "terrorists" or "cold blood killers".. or methodically and all the time "air raiding villages killing civilians" which is so f...king ironic because today the person who said that ORDERED military to methodically and all the time air raid ISIS held villages killing civilians"!!!!

That's a different topic however, you lie about what was said all the time.......

Interesting point.."you lie about what was said all the time"...

How can anyone lie about when
Murtha said:""Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,” Did Murtha say that or not? Am I lying about that?

Six of the eight Marines originally accused in the case had their charges dismissed by military judges,
and a seventh was cleared of criminal wrongdoing.
Marine pleads guilty ending final Haditha trial Reuters
"OUR TROOPS"??? ALL OUR TROOPS? ALL THE TIME???

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
John Kerry on the U.S. Military The Patriot Post
So I LIED when Kerry SAID ALL AMERICAN SOLDIERS go into homes terrorizing (i.e. terrorists!) kids and children"... I LIED about what
Kerry thinks about our military that ALL AMERICAN soldiers are terrorists???
See the enemy doesn't parse words. Don't provide "context"!
They do just as traitors do repeat these phrases that feeds the perceptions America is bad. Soldiers are terrorists. Thanks to people like you who also believe that!

And finally this Harvard study shows that "words" have meaning!!
FACT:LOOK at this Harvard study found here THE EMBOLDENMENT EFFECT
asked: "Are insurgents in Iraq emboldened by voices in the news media expressing dissent or calling for troop withdrawals from Iraq?
The short answer is YES!!! according to Radha Iyengar, a Robert Wood Johnson Scholar in health policy research at Harvard and
Jonathan Monten of the Belfer Center at the university's Kennedy School of Government.
STUDY ABSTRACT
Are insurgents affected by information on US casualty sensitivity? Using data on attacks and variation in access to international news across Iraqi provinces, we identify an “emboldenment” effect by comparing the rate of insurgent attacks in areas with higher and lower access to information about U.S news after public statements critical of the war. (wouldn't you conclude the next president accusing the US military of methodically and systematically air raiding villages killing civilians.. dissent???) We find in periods after a spike in war-critical statements, insurgent attacks increases by 5-10 percent.

You take partial quotes and twist it into a lie that not even a terrorist would believe, in fact only ideologues such as your self would believe your tripe.

Murtha, a vocal opponent of the war in Iraq, said at a news conference Wednesday that sources within the military have told him that an internal investigation will show that "there was no firefight, there was no IED (improvised explosive device) that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood."

Military officials say Marine Corp photos taken immediately after the incident show many of the victims were shot at close range, in the head and chest, execution-style. One photo shows a mother and young child bent over on the floor as if in prayer, shot dead, said the officials, who spoke to NBC News on condition of anonymity because the investigation hasn't been completed.

One military official says it appears the civilians were deliberately killed by the Marines, who were outraged at the death of their fellow Marine.

He said U.S. forces were under undue pressure in Iraq because of poor planning and allocation of resources by the Bush administration.

Murtha Marines Killed Iraqi Civilians In Cold Blood

I am waiting for the findings of the investigation. It has to be completed by now. I don't believe 'any made up story' that refers to unnamed 'military officials.' but if a vocal opponent of the war says it, those with an agenda would believe it.

TT166 9960204 regarding NF165 9959806, TT163 9958803, NY 9849288, HM 9849255, NY 9848980, BB 9848841, EC 9848689
I read it and and all I can remember is at this point, what does it matter. Hillary voted to go to war and then said I was only fooling.

Perhaps it will come together for you TooTall if you read more slowly and spend more time contemplating the parts of the speech that rightwing haters generally choose to ignore.

Here is where HRC says she takes Bush at his word that he is seeking peaceful disarmament as well.

President Bush's speech in Cincinnati and the changes in policy that have come forth since the Administration began broaching this issue some weeks ago have made my vote easier. Even though the resolution before the Senate is not as strong as I would like in requiring the diplomatic route first and placing highest priority on a simple, clear requirement for unlimited inspections, I will take the President at his word that he will try hard to pass a UN resolution and will seek to avoid war, if at all possible.

Bush did go to the UN and got a resolution passed that clearly stated that Saddam was in material breach of the cease fire.

Iraq is proof positive of what happens when ignorant right wingers invade a country without knowing the first thing about the entire region they are invading.

"They hate us for our freedom" is one of the most ignorant lines I ever heard from a political party, and yet, the right wing lapped it up like a scavenger eating carrion.

And what have they learned? The lesson? Nothing. They learned nothing.

I guess the 28 million Iraqis like this guy don't consider the USA "invaders"..

"So the Iraq war was, despite all that went wrong, a good thing; the "overwhelming majority" of Iraqis are (and presumably feel) better off because of it"
The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg put the question to Barham Salih, the former prime minister of Iraqi Kurdistan's regional government and a former deputy prime minister of Iraq's federal government.

"But," he added, "it's important to understand where we started from. ... Literally hundreds of thousands of Iraqis were sent to mass graves.
Ten years on from the demise of Saddam Hussein, we're still discovering mass graves across Iraq.
And Iraqis are better off without Saddam Hussein -- the overwhelming majority of Iraqis are better off without Saddam Hussein."
So the Iraq war was, despite all that went wrong, a good thing; the "overwhelming majority" of Iraqis are (and presumably feel) better off because of it; and the fault for all that has gone wrong is ultimately with Iraqis themselves: It's a remarkable point of view to encounter in June 2013.

10 Years After the Fall of Saddam How Do Iraqis Look Back on the War - The Atlantic

Remember this? By Clinton??
"Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq " "Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling .
"It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."
On December 16, 1998, President Bill Clinton mandated Operation Desert Fox, a major four-day bombing campaign on Iraqi targets.

Actually partisan hacks like this who lie about the meaning of what was said, give our enemies comfort.

But NOT ONE conservative "HACK" would EVER EVER EVER call our soldiers "terrorists" or "cold blood killers".. or methodically and all the time "air raiding villages killing civilians" which is so f...king ironic because today the person who said that ORDERED military to methodically and all the time air raid ISIS held villages killing civilians"!!!!

That's a different topic however, you lie about what was said all the time.......

Murtha said:""Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,” Did Murtha say that or not? Am I lying about that?

Six of the eight Marines originally accused in the case had their charges dismissed by military judges,

So I LIED when Kerry SAID ALL AMERICAN SOLDIERS go into homes terrorizing (i.e. terrorists!) kids and children"... I LIED about what
They do just as traitors do repeat these phrases that feeds the perceptions America is bad. Soldiers are terrorists. Thanks to people like you who also believe that!

asked: "Are insurgents in Iraq emboldened by voices in the news media expressing dissent or calling for troop withdrawals from Iraq?
The short answer is YES!!! according to Radha Iyengar, a Robert Wood Johnson Scholar in health policy research at Harvard and
Jonathan Monten of the Belfer Center at the university's Kennedy School of Government.
STUDY ABSTRACT
Are insurgents affected by information on US casualty sensitivity? Using data on attacks and variation in access to international news across Iraqi provinces, we identify an “emboldenment” effect by comparing the rate of insurgent attacks in areas with higher and lower access to information about U.S news after public statements critical of the war. (wouldn't you conclude the next president accusing the US military of methodically and systematically air raiding villages killing civilians.. dissent???) We find in periods after a spike in war-critical statements, insurgent attacks increases by 5-10 percent.

You take partial quotes and twist it into a lie that not even a terrorist would believe, in fact only ideologues such as your self would believe your tripe.

Murtha, a vocal opponent of the war in Iraq, said at a news conference Wednesday that sources within the military have told him that an internal investigation will show that "there was no firefight, there was no IED (improvised explosive device) that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood."

Military officials say Marine Corp photos taken immediately after the incident show many of the victims were shot at close range, in the head and chest, execution-style. One photo shows a mother and young child bent over on the floor as if in prayer, shot dead, said the officials, who spoke to NBC News on condition of anonymity because the investigation hasn't been completed.

One military official says it appears the civilians were deliberately killed by the Marines, who were outraged at the death of their fellow Marine.

He said U.S. forces were under undue pressure in Iraq because of poor planning and allocation of resources by the Bush administration.

I am waiting for the findings of the investigation. It has to be completed by now. I don't believe 'any made up story' that refers to unnamed 'military officials.' but if a vocal opponent of the war says it, those with an agenda would believe it.

The point is Murtha was being specific about those involved in killing civilians in Haditha and was not calling the majority of our soldiers cold blooded killers, (and also not the light sentence handed down by the US Military in the case).

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/26/world/middleeast/26haditha.html

STUDY ABSTRACT

The point is Murtha was being specific about those involved in killing civilians in Haditha and was not calling the majority of our soldiers cold blooded killers, (and also not the light sentence handed down by the US Military in the case).

MADE no difference to the enemy! Stupid people making statements that the enemy takes totally out of context prolonged the Iraq war as the studies have show!
WHY in the hell would ANY one criticize the military planning KNOWING full well that the enemy loves to hear those words!

Up till Bush there was a "unwritten law" called "we must stop partisan politics at the water’s edge.”

Does polarization in domestic politics affect foreign policy as well?
There is a long-standing belief that it should not.

A classic statement of that view can be found in the widely cited words of a leading Republican senator in the early days of the Cold War. Speaking in 1947, Sen. Arthur Vandenberg(Mich.), the influential chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, provided key support to Democratic President Harry S. Truman and admonished his colleagues that “we must stop partisan politics at the water’s edge.”

And in practice, when it comes to military intervention, both the urgency of events and rally-round-the-flag effects are often conducive to wider support within Congress and among the general public.

Thus Gallup has found that in 10 conflicts over the past two decades, initial public approval averaged 68 percent.

Iraq provides a dramatic case in point.

At first the intervention received broad support.
On Oct. 10-11, 2002, the Senate and the House passed resolutions authorizing President George W. Bush to use armed force in Iraq.

The measure received overwhelming GOP backing, although a majority of Senate Democrats also voted in favor (29-21), with most presidential aspirants (Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Joseph R. Biden Jr. and John F. Kerry) voting yes.

There was stronger Democratic opposition in the House, but nearly 40 percent of House Democrats did support the resolution. Public opinion was favorable as well. Less than a month before the outbreak of war, a Gallup poll found 59 percent of the public supporting military action, and shortly after the start of the conflict on March 20, 2003, a Pew poll found 72 percent of the public describing the use of force as the right decision.

With time, rising casualties, no clear end in sight, and sharply polarized views of President George W. Bush, opinion about the Iraq war shifted, becoming less favorable and increasingly polarized.
The extent of partisan differences was stunningly apparent in a New York Times-CBS poll of delegates to the 2008 Democratic and Republican national conventions.
On the question of whether the United States “did the right thing in taking military action against Iraq,” 80 percent of Republican delegates and 70 percent of Republican voters agreed. In stark contrast,

only 14 percent of Democratic voters responded positively and just 2 percent of Democratic delegates did.

Politics stops at the water 8217 s edge Not recently. - The Washington Post

NOW do you understand WHY these quotes were so disgusting then??
So much for the "water's edge"!!!

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

So much for Sen. Arthur Vandenberg (A Republican!!!) support of TRUMAN a Democrat and the President!!!

"we must stop partisan politics at the water’s edge.”

STUDY ABSTRACT

MADE no difference to the enemy! Stupid people making statements that the enemy takes totally out of context prolonged the Iraq war as the studies have show!
WHY in the hell would ANY one criticize the military planning KNOWING full well that the enemy loves to hear those words!

Up till Bush there was a "unwritten law" called "we must stop partisan politics at the water’s edge.”

A classic statement of that view can be found in the widely cited words of a leading Republican senator in the early days of the Cold War. Speaking in 1947, Sen. Arthur Vandenberg(Mich.), the influential chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, provided key support to Democratic President Harry S. Truman and admonished his colleagues that “we must stop partisan politics at the water’s edge.”

And in practice, when it comes to military intervention, both the urgency of events and rally-round-the-flag effects are often conducive to wider support within Congress and among the general public.

Thus Gallup has found that in 10 conflicts over the past two decades, initial public approval averaged 68 percent.

On Oct. 10-11, 2002, the Senate and the House passed resolutions authorizing President George W. Bush to use armed force in Iraq.

The measure received overwhelming GOP backing, although a majority of Senate Democrats also voted in favor (29-21), with most presidential aspirants (Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Joseph R. Biden Jr. and John F. Kerry) voting yes.

There was stronger Democratic opposition in the House, but nearly 40 percent of House Democrats did support the resolution. Public opinion was favorable as well. Less than a month before the outbreak of war, a Gallup poll found 59 percent of the public supporting military action, and shortly after the start of the conflict on March 20, 2003, a Pew poll found 72 percent of the public describing the use of force as the right decision.

With time, rising casualties, no clear end in sight, and sharply polarized views of President George W. Bush, opinion about the Iraq war shifted, becoming less favorable and increasingly polarized.
The extent of partisan differences was stunningly apparent in a New York Times-CBS poll of delegates to the 2008 Democratic and Republican national conventions.
On the question of whether the United States “did the right thing in taking military action against Iraq,” 80 percent of Republican delegates and 70 percent of Republican voters agreed. In stark contrast,

only 14 percent of Democratic voters responded positively and just 2 percent of Democratic delegates did.

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

So much for Sen. Arthur Vandenberg (A Republican!!!) support of TRUMAN a Democrat and the President!!!

America's enemies abroad only had to wait for you and your ilk to fabricate false narratives and to repeat them endlessly in the echo-chamber. The Iraqi people didn't need Murtha's accusations to be outraged at the massacre. I'm sure the Haditha Killing were brought up in the Iraq government when debating the immunity portion of the SOFA.

Vietnam provides a example to rebut your claim of an "unwritten law" called "we must stop partisan politics at the water’s edge.”

STUDY ABSTRACT

The point is Murtha was aiding and abetting the enemy and is a traitor for saying what he said. I am waiting for the findings of the investigation.

STUDY ABSTRACT

The point is Murtha was aiding and abetting the enemy and is a traitor for saying what he said. I am waiting for the findings of the investigation.

A US marine told a court yesterday that he had "pissed" on the head of one of 24 dead Iraqi civilians killed by his unit and watched a superior officer kill five Iraqis as they tried to surrender.
Sergeant Sanick Dela Cruz made the admission at a pre-trial hearing ahead of a series of military trials over the killings and alleged cover-up at Haditha, 120 miles west of Baghdad, in November 2005.

He said he knew urinating on the dead Iraqi was wrong but was enraged after one of his colleagues, Lance Corporal "TJ" Miguel Terrazas, had been torn apart by a roadside bomb.

"I know it was a bad thing what I've done, but I done it because I was angry TJ was dead and I pissed on one Iraqi's head," Sgt Dela Cruz said

Haditha marine watched superior kill surrendering civilians World news theguardian.com

STUDY ABSTRACT

America's enemies abroad only had to wait for you and your ilk to fabricate false narratives and to repeat them endlessly in the echo-chamber. The Iraqi people didn't need Murtha's accusations to be outraged at the massacre. I'm sure the Haditha Killing were brought up in the Iraq government when debating the immunity portion of the SOFA.

Vietnam provides a example to rebut your claim of an "unwritten law" called "we must stop partisan politics at the water’s edge.”
You know I AGREE about Vietnam! And it was Democrat President that was being DAMNED by the idiots like Kerry!
No question when you have the Jane Fonda's the Kerry "Ghengis Khan... testicles..." there was NOT a recognition of the "water's edge"!

Whether a Dem/GOP WE CAN"T attack our OWN military as Kerry,Murtha,et.al. did!
YES I know as many people did there WERE bad soldiers. NOT the RULE though as Obama/Kerry/et.al. make it sound like!
It was totally stupid to take exceptions as Haditha, Abu Ghrib,etc. as the RULE happened all the time! But politicians like Durbin, etc.
with the totally complicit MSM!

STUDY ABSTRACT

A US marine told a court yesterday that he had "pissed" on the head of one of 24 dead Iraqi civilians killed by his unit and watched a superior officer kill five Iraqis as they tried to surrender.
Sergeant Sanick Dela Cruz made the admission at a pre-trial hearing ahead of a series of military trials over the killings and alleged cover-up at Haditha, 120 miles west of Baghdad, in November 2005.

He said he knew urinating on the dead Iraqi was wrong but was enraged after one of his colleagues, Lance Corporal "TJ" Miguel Terrazas, had been torn apart by a roadside bomb.

"I know it was a bad thing what I've done, but I done it because I was angry TJ was dead and I pissed on one Iraqi's head," Sgt Dela Cruz said

Haditha marine watched superior kill surrendering civilians World news theguardian.com

SO f...king WHAT! NOT ALL Marines less then 1/1000th of all Marines did that and YET YOU have to make THAT the RULE!
YOU understand? When idiots like you think THIS IS THE RULE rather then the rare, rare exception... YOU are just as bad as Obama/etc.
LET the military take care of these things because THEY ARE ALREADY aware of it OBVIOUSLY!!!

Big...f...king deal! Grow up!

STUDY ABSTRACT

NO the point is the enemy doesn't care if Murtha was being specific!
Murtha's point was a political point REGARDLESS of the effect on the US military!
Murtha was opposed to the war. He was using the case to OPPOSE the war and again you can OPPOSE the war without opposing the military which is what he DID by using this as an example.
The enemy didn't care! They loved to hear these words and used them.
Murtha had NO valid reason to use this rare exceptionally case to "oppose the war"!

STUDY ABSTRACT

STUDY ABSTRACT

The findings of the investigation were completed long ago. It confirmed everything Murtha said to be true. The only controversy was how how the USMC handled the judicial proceedings.

Last edited:

You know I AGREE about Vietnam! And it was Democrat President that was being DAMNED by the idiots like Kerry!
No question when you have the Jane Fonda's the Kerry "Ghengis Khan... testicles..." there was NOT a recognition of the "water's edge"!

YES I know as many people did there WERE bad soldiers. NOT the RULE though as Obama/Kerry/et.al. make it sound like!
It was totally stupid to take exceptions as Haditha, Abu Ghrib,etc. as the RULE happened all the time! But politicians like Durbin, etc.

Republicans and Democrats in Congress both roundly criticized President Johnson on his Vietnam policy.

Kerry didn't testify until 1971 it was more of a damnation of war not Johnson/Nixon. Fonda didn't visit North Vietnam until 1972.

It took more than a year after the incident before anyone heard of Haditha.

SO f...king WHAT! NOT ALL Marines less then 1/1000th of all Marines did that and YET YOU have to make THAT the RULE!
YOU understand? When idiots like you think THIS IS THE RULE rather then the rare, rare exception... YOU are just as bad as Obama/etc.
LET the military take care of these things because THEY ARE ALREADY aware of it OBVIOUSLY!!!

I never said it was the rule. I said it was what Murtha was talking about. It was the GOP propagandist who tried to make it look like Murtha was talking as if it were the rule and not the exception. If we left it up to the military we'd still have their first report on the incident.........which was a complete lie.

STUDY ABSTRACT

NO the point is the enemy doesn't care if Murtha was being specific!
Murtha's point was a political point REGARDLESS of the effect on the US military!
Murtha was opposed to the war. He was using the case to OPPOSE the war and again you can OPPOSE the war without opposing the military which is what he DID by using this as an example.
The enemy didn't care! They loved to hear these words and used them.
Murtha had NO valid reason to use this rare exceptionally case to "oppose the war"!
You accused the current military engaged in combat of having received orders from the President of the United State to target villages without consideration for civilian casualties. Their missions are in fact made more dangerous and difficult because they have received the exact opposite orders as you claimed. You were asked twice to back up your anti American claim that mimics the enemies propaganda, and hence you are the one giving aid to the enemy. Rather than admit you were misspoken or mistaken you have deflected to a conversation about an incident that happened years ago and was committed by a small group of frustrated, angry Marines in the fog of war. Your defense of your anti Americanism is to further promote a black mark in history that the country has already confronted and dealt with. All for the purpose of attempting to show you are concerned and support the troops. That is in, and of itself more evidence of your anti American fervor to justify your hatred of a President.

Republicans and Democrats in Congress both roundly criticized President Johnson on his Vietnam policy.

Kerry didn't testify until 1971 it was more of a damnation of war not Johnson/Nixon. Fonda didn't visit North Vietnam until 1972.

You know I want to thank you!
For bringing this web page I found in validating your "1971" Kerry testimony.

Thank you for refreshing why the USA was in Vietnam. Why we went to Iraq and it was Kerry's testimony before Congress that refreshed my memory.
Here is his words from the web page:
...It is my opinion that the United States is still reacting in very much the 1945 mood and postwar cold-war period when we reacted to the forces which were at work in World War II and came out of it with this paranoia about the Russians and how the world was going to be divided up between the super powers, and the foreign policy of John Foster Dulles which was responsible for the created of the SEATO treaty, which was, in fact, a direct reaction to this so-called Communist monolith. And I think we are reacting under cold-war precepts which are no longer applicable.
Statement of John Kerry

Kerry, Obama,etc. that ilk of people resent any foreign policy that seemed to oppose communism. He said it...
"paranoia about the Russians and how the world was going to be divided up between the super powers,"

Kerry et.al. considered USSR a joke. They considered there never was a grand plan to divide the world.
I'm sorry but there is a very very simple illustration to show how very wrong Kerry et.al. have been then Russia was never a threat.
If the USSR was such a benevolent great place for people why were these walls built to KEEP THEM IN?
Why did thousands die trying to cross these walls?

I truly don't understand these intellectual elitists like Kerry making fun of these people!

Therefore, I think it is ridiculous to assume we have to play this power game based on total warfare. I think there will be guerrilla wars and I think we must have a capability to fight those. And we may have to fight them somewhere based on legitimate threats, but we must learn, in this country, how to define those threats and that is what I would say to the question of world peace. I think it is bogus, totally artificial. There is no threat. The Communists are not about to take over our McDonald hamburger stands. [Laughter.]...
Kerry equated these people that were killed trying to get OUT of USSR with hamburger stands... how pompous!
These people died WANTING to get out of a system that considers everyone a cog in a machine that serves the elite few, i.e. how Kerry/Obama perceive themselves..."we know better..."
Thousands of people died because they knew communism didn't work and that is WAS a threat!

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 2.57.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 2.57.37 PM.png

There is a substantial difference between criticizing a President's policy and calling the troops in harms way murderers.

Here is an excerpt from Kerry’s testimony on April 22nd, 1971.

"They told stories that, at times, they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Ghengis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam, in addition to the normal ravage of war and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."

That is a helluva lot more than a damnation of war. Of course Kerry was preparing to run for Congress in a very liberal state at the time.

The number of Americans KIA and WIA during 1971 was greater than that of 1965, the first year of ground combat for U.S. infantry units. That toll also easily surpasses the total number of Gis KIA in Afghanistan over 10 years. The highest medals for valor that year include 7 Medals of Honor, 31 Distinguished Service Crosses, 3 Navy Crosses and 2 Air Force Crosses.

You don't suppose his condemnation of the troops encouraged the enemy do you?

Jane Fonda visit to North Vietnam in July 1972
Direct U.S. military involvement ended on 15 August 1973.

This traitor was aiding and abetting those that were still killing and wounding American troops for over another year.

m

I never said it was the rule. I said it was what Murtha was talking about. It was the GOP propagandist who tried to make it look like Murtha was talking as if it were the rule and not the exception. If we left it up to the military we'd still have their first report on the incident.........which was a complete lie.

Well either Murtha was a political hack or dumb (which was the case in 1980, during his fourth term as a Congressman, Murtha became embroiled in the Abscam investigation, which targeted dozens of congressmen) but either way doesn't excuse the FACT the enemy loved those words "cold blooded killers"!

Forum List

Back