Democrats propose nationwide 10-cent tax on plastic bags

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thank God I only use bags made from baby seals and spotted owls.

House Democrats have introduced legislation that would impose a 10-cent tax on plastic bags nationwide.

Rep. Alan S. Lowenthal, California Democrat, introduced the Trash Reduction Act of 2015 on Thursday in an effort to “dramatically reduce plastic trash nationwide,” according to a press release. He said he hopes the plastic bag models in California and the District of Columbia can be expanded nationwide.

Democrats propose 10-cent tax on plastic bags nationwide - Washington Times

Another silly law....proposed by liberals who demonized men who enforce silly laws. Go figure.

We could "upcycle" libs into something useful. Like say... Hog feed.

Liberals: Law enforcement should protect and serve the people and stop abusing their power and making life harder and stop using force to enforce petty silly laws. Now......in other business.....1st reading of Ordinance 10-12 mandating all persons to stop at checkpoints every 2 miles on public roads to ensure their vehicle is abiding by EPA global warming emission standards, at which point if they are not law enforcement will impound the vehicle. All in favor say aye....

A law like that isn't really necessary. Wal-Mart, and United Supermarkets (my 2 main stores for shopping) both give you a 5 cent credit per canvas bag if you bring your own, and quite often, we bring our own.

Let's recycle liberals into illegal immigrants. Deport all Democrat voters into Mexico and then see if they can make it back.

As for the topic....I wonder what libs would do if a Walmart refused to pay it...and the manager was in the office saying fuck off you can't do shit to me either and I'm not going to jail without a fight.

Would libs sic LE on them and have an inevitable fight "for using a plastic bag without paying 10 cents"?

Almost a stoopid as another story about bozo progressive idea's today on DRUDGE..........the AGW k00ks want to ban hamburgers. You knew these k00ks would get around to it someday..........

Now they want to ban plastic bags...............

Whats next with these people? They all need some real responsibilities in life.:2up:

Let's recycle liberals into illegal immigrants. Deport all Democrat voters into Mexico and then see if they can make it back.

As for the topic....I wonder what libs would do if a Walmart refused to pay it...and the manager was in the office saying fuck off you can't do shit to me either and I'm not going to jail without a fight.

Would libs sic LE on them and have an inevitable fight "for using a plastic bag without paying 10 cents"?

Bucs......two miles from me on Saturday morning, a kid who just turned 25 last Wednesday was cruising down a double lane road on his motorcycle. Headed to work, 6:45am. Guy in a blue van cuts right out in front of him........killed instantly, bike burned like a torch.

The guy driving?

An illegal........no license.........no registration. Never has taken a road test.

Go Donald...............

Sadly, the only way to get RWs to behave responsibly is to force them to.

And we really need to use a whole lot less plastic.

Sadly, the only way to get RWs to behave responsibly is to force them to.

And we really need to use a whole lot less plastic.
Take the lead... Chuck your keyboard and cell phone. But make sure you get your friends on board too. It really would clean things up.

Oh I thought you meant he should take the lead forcing us to behave. He's too much a pussy for that. He let's the cops he demonizes do all that.

A law like that isn't really necessary. Wal-Mart, and United Supermarkets (my 2 main stores for shopping) both give you a 5 cent credit per canvas bag if you bring your own, and quite often, we bring our own.
How do Leftists profit from this? Did you miss the point that this is just another Leftist scheme to take money from people? This isn't about the environment, it's about more taxation.

How do Leftists profit from this? Did you miss the point that this is just another Leftist scheme to take money from people? This isn't about the environment, it's about more taxation.

Reading comprehension dude. I said the law isn't necessary. Why? Many businesses are already giving 5 cent credit for every bag someone brings in.

Yes, it is a stupid law.

Reading comprehension dude. I said the law isn't necessary. Why? Many businesses are already giving 5 cent credit for every bag someone brings in.

Yes, it is a stupid law.
Necessary isn't the point. Raising cash for bigger government is. To those whose clamor for our money is boundless, any law designed to deprive us of money is necessary. That's how Democrats roll.

Good for you but the problem is only low percentage are bringing their own bag... It's always easy to use plastic bags. So I do agree with the 10 cents as a penalty. I think should be 25c per bag to force people to bring their own bag.

No... You missed the point. People will always use plastic bags. The 10c is penalty to force people to bring their own bag. I think it should be 25c per bag so we can help save the environment. Actually gov. Brown sign a bill that will phased out plastic bags.

Gov. Brown signs phase-out of single-use plastic bags in stores

Merchants are the ones who pay for the bags. Pass a law that allows and even requires them to charge for the plastic bags. The funds should go to the merchant who is paying for them. The bags are sellable products that can increase the merchant's profit. Anyone who doesn't want to pay doesn't have to. All they have to do is bring their own. They can recycle their bags or use cloth ones. Less plastic will get used, the people who should make money from the bags will get the funds instead of the government, customers are given choice and everyone should, could or might be happy.

Forum List

Back