Democrats propose nationwide 10-cent tax on plastic bags

Sadly, the only way to get RWs to behave responsibly is to force them to.

And we really need to use a whole lot less plastic.

How about you just lead by example instead of using government to force us to behave the way you want us to behave?

Always running to government, you people are the fucking Sith.

A law like that isn't really necessary. Wal-Mart, and United Supermarkets (my 2 main stores for shopping) both give you a 5 cent credit per canvas bag if you bring your own, and quite often, we bring our own.
How do Leftists profit from this? Did you miss the point that this is just another Leftist scheme to take money from people? This isn't about the environment, it's about more taxation.

No... You missed the point. People will always use plastic bags. The 10c is penalty to force people to bring their own bag. I think it should be 25c per bag so we can help save the environment. Actually gov. Brown sign a bill that will phased out plastic bags.

Gov. Brown signs phase-out of single-use plastic bags in stores

More love of government force to get us to behave the way YOU want us to behave.

Go pound sand.

Another silly law....proposed by liberals who demonized men who enforce silly laws. Go figure.

Actually it's a good idea and I support this law. It should be 25c per bag so people will bring their own bags.
Why are you so scared of changes Bucs? Last summer me and my friend visited our golf buddy in San Jose. And we stopped at Walmart to buy some strawberries. At checkout they charged us 10c per bag. All of us were laughing... say WHAAT? We asked the clerk WHY?...she said only in San Jose.... WHY? to force people to bring their own bags and stop using plastics. I looked around saw lots of people brought their own bags.
I cannot make a comparison because I normally don't go to Walmart or groceries.

Last edited:
A law like that isn't really necessary. Wal-Mart, and United Supermarkets (my 2 main stores for shopping) both give you a 5 cent credit per canvas bag if you bring your own, and quite often, we bring our own.
How do Leftists profit from this? Did you miss the point that this is just another Leftist scheme to take money from people? This isn't about the environment, it's about more taxation.

No... You missed the point. People will always use plastic bags. The 10c is penalty to force people to bring their own bag. I think it should be 25c per bag so we can help save the environment. Actually gov. Brown sign a bill that will phased out plastic bags.

More love of government force to get us to behave the way YOU want us to behave.

Go pound sand.

So what is your suggestion? Keep using plastic bag? Instead of complaining and displaying the standard behavior of wrongful rights. I want to know what is your solution? I don't want to pound sands but I want to pound people's head.

Go pound sand.

So what is your suggestion? Keep using plastic bag? Instead of complaining and displaying the standard behavior of wrongful rights. I want to know what is your solution? I don't want to pound sands but I want to pound people's head.

Lead by example. Petition stores to give incentives for using re-usable bags.

Don't go running to government to force the rest of us to follow your moral code.

Liberals are mentally ill. They pushed plastic bags on us to save the trees. They outlawed plastic bags in places here because they don't decompose...DUH. But you can buy a paper bag for a 5 cent tax. I guess it goes to a saving the trees fund. Or the children.

Liberals are mentally ill. They pushed plastic bags on us to save the trees. They outlawed plastic bags in places here because they don't decompose...DUH. But you can buy a paper bag for a 5 cent tax. I guess it goes to a saving the trees fund. Or the children.

Then we should increase the price of paper bags to 50c. So we save trees and the environment.

Go pound sand.

Don't go running to government to force the rest of us to follow your moral code.

Why should there be an incentives in using reusable bag? Using a reusable bags is a contribution of saving MY planet NOT YOURS because you don't care the damage we've done to this planet.......
I want to hear what is your suggestion.

Merchants are the ones who pay for the bags. Pass a law that allows and even requires them to charge for the plastic bags. The funds should go to the merchant who is paying for them. The bags are sellable products that can increase the merchant's profit. Anyone who doesn't want to pay doesn't have to. All they have to do is bring their own. They can recycle their bags or use cloth ones. Less plastic will get used, the people who should make money from the bags will get the funds instead of the government, customers are given choice and everyone should, could or might be happy.
Where does the Constitution empower Congress to force businesses to charge for products or services?

Go pound sand.

Why should there be an incentives in using reusable bag? Using a reusable bags is a contribution of saving MY planet NOT YOURS because you don't care the damage we've done to this planet.......

First, you don't own the planet. Deflate your ego just a bit.

The planet will be fine.

And you heard my suggestion. And it doesn't involve using the federal freaking government to be a busybody FOR you.

Then we should increase the price of paper bags to 50c. So we save trees and the environment.
They aren't selling many now, genius. People bring their own or use the cart and unload right into their vehicles. Trees are a renewable source but biogradable bags would have made sense. Libs are too mentally ill to figure it out.

Go pound sand.

It isn't his, it's yours? You must be a liberal.

Good for you but the problem is only low percentage are bringing their own bag... It's always easy to use plastic bags. So I do agree with the 10 cents as a penalty. I think should be 25c per bag to force people to bring their own bag.

People could take one item at a time to their car and force shoppers behind them to wait. If they start to move the goods, they could insist to continue to check out as a matter of principle. That is no more unreasonable than 25 cents per bag.

They aren't selling many now, genius. People bring their own or use the cart and unload right into their vehicles. Trees are a renewable source but biogradable bags would have made sense. Libs are too mentally ill to figure it out.

We are all rocket scientists here in California and have figured out how to do it at 10 cents a bag.

Right, because using fewer plastic bags would in no way positively impact the environment.

Do you think before you post?

Exactly.

Thank God I only use bags made from baby seals and spotted owls.

House Democrats have introduced legislation that would impose a 10-cent tax on plastic bags nationwide.

Rep. Alan S. Lowenthal, California Democrat, introduced the Trash Reduction Act of 2015 on Thursday in an effort to “dramatically reduce plastic trash nationwide,” according to a press release. He said he hopes the plastic bag models in California and the District of Columbia can be expanded nationwide.

Democrats propose 10-cent tax on plastic bags nationwide - Washington Times
I agree to disagree with these tax schemes to influence the behaviour of Private Individuals. In my opinion, we should be using State Capitalism to invest in the finest resource reclamation facilities we can buy; in order to recycle through state-of-the-art recycling facilities that have established infrastructure already.

Forum List

Back