Democrats propose nationwide 10-cent tax on plastic bags

A law like that isn't really necessary. Wal-Mart, and United Supermarkets (my 2 main stores for shopping) both give you a 5 cent credit per canvas bag if you bring your own, and quite often, we bring our own.
How do Leftists profit from this? Did you miss the point that this is just another Leftist scheme to take money from people? This isn't about the environment, it's about more taxation.

No... You missed the point. People will always use plastic bags. The 10c is penalty to force people to bring their own bag. I think it should be 25c per bag so we can help save the environment. Actually gov. Brown sign a bill that will phased out plastic bags.

Gov. Brown signs phase-out of single-use plastic bags in stores

More love of government force to get us to behave the way YOU want us to behave.

Go pound sand.

So what is your suggestion? Keep using plastic bag? Instead of complaining and displaying the standard behavior of wrongful rights. I want to know what is your solution? I don't want to pound sands but I want to pound people's head.

Lead by example. Petition stores to give incentives for using re-usable bags.

Don't go running to government to force the rest of us to follow your moral code.
We often make selfish decisions that have little negative impact individually but cause great harm when the masses act that way.

It's called the tragedy of the commons

How about you just lead by example instead of using government to force us to behave the way you want us to behave?

A small number of people bringing their own bags was obviously not influencing very many people to make the slightest difference. Progress doesn't happen accidentally.

A law like that isn't really necessary. Wal-Mart, and United Supermarkets (my 2 main stores for shopping) both give you a 5 cent credit per canvas bag if you bring your own, and quite often, we bring our own.

You admit you shop at Walmart? That's daring

How do Leftists profit from this? Did you miss the point that this is just another Leftist scheme to take money from people? This isn't about the environment, it's about more taxation.

No... You missed the point. People will always use plastic bags. The 10c is penalty to force people to bring their own bag. I think it should be 25c per bag so we can help save the environment. Actually gov. Brown sign a bill that will phased out plastic bags.

More love of government force to get us to behave the way YOU want us to behave.

Go pound sand.

So what is your suggestion? Keep using plastic bag? Instead of complaining and displaying the standard behavior of wrongful rights. I want to know what is your solution? I don't want to pound sands but I want to pound people's head.

Don't go running to government to force the rest of us to follow your moral code.
We often make selfish decisions that have little negative impact individually but cause great harm when the masses act that way.

plastic bags are not going to be the cause of the demise of the commons. There is no reason the feds need to get involved in this, except to please some busybody environmentalist rich twats who haven't probably shopped on their own in decades.

Go pound sand.

we already have litter pick-up infrastructure; why not make better use of recycling and reclamation technologies?

How about you just lead by example instead of using government to force us to behave the way you want us to behave?

A small number of people bringing their own bags was obviously not influencing very many people to make the slightest difference. Progress doesn't happen accidentally.

Still not a reason for a federal law over this.
i believe we could use better waste processing and reclamation facilities that can even process industrial forms of waste.

A waste of time to expect stores to make shoppers do work for what most would feel like is nothing. Politics isn't performed at the point of sale.

Using the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to accomplish it is a waste of time, energy and is a blatant abuse of federalism.

Stop running to government to impose your morals on me.

It is one way to drastically reduce trash and make the world more beautiful.

Go pound sand.

plastic bags are not going to be the cause of the demise of the commons. There is no reason the feds need to get involved in this, except to please some busybody environmentalist rich twats who haven't probably shopped on their own in decades.
Right. Plastic bags have no negative impact on the environment. There is not a giant floating mass of plastic in the pacific.

Do you agree that it would be environmentally beneficial to use fewer plastic bags?

They want a tax on plastic bags?

I take my brother with me when I go shopping at the market, and he has the habit of asking for paper bags over plastic.

The propose tax will not pass but it is a stupid one.

A waste of time to expect stores to make shoppers do work for what most would feel like is nothing. Politics isn't performed at the point of sale.

Using the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to accomplish it is a waste of time, energy and is a blatant abuse of federalism.

There are other ways to do it that don't involve filling the government's pocket with more of our money.

Go pound sand.

Right. Plastic bags have no negative impact on the environment. There is not a giant floating mass of plastic in the pacific.

Do you agree that it would be environmentally beneficial to use fewer plastic bags?

It would be environmentally beneficial if a few million people killed themselves, want to make a federal law mandating that? Want to volunteer?

Go pound sand.

we already have litter pick-up infrastructure; why not make better use of recycling and reclamation technologies?
Awesome! How would you like to pay for those upgrades? Maybe we could tax something, perhaps an item that causes problems...

better reclamation and recycling would be more effective.

Forum List

Back