Democrats threaten Catholic Church for denying Biden Communion

Do you blame them.

I was never asked my name when I received the host. For all they care I could of been a serial killer that tortured many children before I killed them.
Maybe they should have. The priest who took your confession could have told them to deny you until you did penance. In this case, however, Quid Pro is a well known person who deliberately and steadfastly refuses to follow Church doctrine and has voted for and supported legislation that the Church disagrees with. There is no good reason why he should be allowed to participate.
I disagree, it a civil issue and like I said everyone knows him, me no one knows me.
That is the point, everyone knows him and knows that he does not abide by the Church's precepts. Therefore there is no reason why they should allow him to participate. Would Planned Parenthood allow Cindy Hyde-Smith, for example, to work at an abortion mill or sit in on board meetings? They would allow an anonymous pro-lifer who disagreed with them but not enough to refuse a paycheck.

IOW, with great privilege and fame come great responsibility. Quid Pro simply can't get away with things that an anonymous person can get away with. OTOH, he's been living in the lap of luxury and exercising great power over the lives of Americans for decades. I see no reason why an organization should allow someone to participate in activities with them who vehemently disagrees with a central tenet of the group.

Republicans do not follow the Church's precepts on capital punishment. Republicans should not be allowed to participate. Trump got away with numerous things. The church had no issues with that.

Bull. Nowhere does the Bible forbid capital punishment, in fact it is prescribed for certain circumstances. Pope John Paul II said the death penalty should be reserved for only when absolutely necessary, he did not say it should never be used.

Democrats to declare war on the Catholic Church for following their own doctrine and holding politicians accountable for their public policies.

That’s sure to go over well with Hispanic voters.

Churches that engage in partisan politics are not entitled to a tax exemption. One of the church's doctrines is opposition to capital punishment. Republicans generally support capital punishment. Republicans shouldn't be able to receive communion. They should play by the same rules for Republicans and Democrats.
It's up to them, isn't it? And, BTW, churches engage in partisan politics all the time. They particularly like to help democrats.

-It is up to the IRS. using communion as a political weapon is partisan politics of the worst kind. There is no evidence black churches favor Democrats. They may personally favor Democrats but when they encourage their parishioners to vote, they do not exclude Republicans.
Quid Pro opposes one of the Church's most basic tenets. Why should they be forced to allow him to participate? Would you force Planned Parenthood to hire Cindy Hide-Smith or allow her to attend board meetings? When someone is vehemently opposed to a group's mission or purpose, why do you think it's the government's job to force them to accept that person?

Now, I notice that you admit Black churches encourage their parishioners to vote and give them guidance on how to do so. That is political activity, and as for Black churches favoring democrats, I will point out the overwhelming support the democrats take for granted from the Black community. Seriously, can you show Black churches advocating for Republican candidates?

How is anyone being threatened? The RCC is an organization led by males in fancy clothes. Calling it "the Church" gives this guy club an honor and status that it does not deserve.

Some believe women don't deserve to be in government, the military or the right to vote. . . but we let them anyway, don't we?

:itsok:

There is nothing wrong with stating a fact. Everyone knows that the RCC is an all-male organization. Yes, there are people who who think that reproductive organs have something to do with participation in government and defense of the nation. I don't know why people think this way, but we have to cope with their bigotry.

They should be stripped of that anyway. The church as an entity.
I believe orgs like Catholic Charities and the Sisters of Mercy will be OK. :)
Legally separating them from Bishop's oversight might be a positive. They could still have charitable status.

I'd prefer it if religious organizations did not offer "official" pronouncements on political issues. If an individual bishop wants to run his (and read his) diocese the way he sees fit, so be it.

Abortion isn't a political issue. The church has had prohibitions against murder since the time of Christ. Other religions have had it for much longer.

The church has prohibitions against capital punishment. When are they going to hold Republicans responsible for that?
That's news to me

Thou shalt not kill

Support murdering babies in the womb

Get pissed because communion withheld for violating God's commandments & murdering kids

Their hypocrisy goes too far

Legally separating them from Bishop's oversight might be a positive. They could still have charitable status.

I'd prefer it if religious organizations did not offer "official" pronouncements on political issues. If an individual bishop wants to run his (and read his) diocese the way he sees fit, so be it.

Abortion isn't a political issue. The church has had prohibitions against murder since the time of Christ. Other religions have had it for much longer.

The church has prohibitions against capital punishment. When are they going to hold Republicans responsible for that?
Capital punishment isn't murder.

That's news to me

Pope John Paul II and the bishops have clearly asked us to act to end the use of the death penalty.

read this and we are not Jews who recommended the death penalty if a woman cheated on their husbands.

Thou shalt not kill

Support murdering babies in the womb

Get pissed because communion withheld for violating God's commandments & murdering kids

Their hypocrisy goes too far
No one is murdering fetuses. Seems all of you conservatives care about fetus until they are born.

should be stripped of that anyway. The church as an entity.
If godless libs strip Christians of tax exempt status then they must strip all charities of tax exempt status

If that happens churches will survive but plenty of secular organizations will not

Do you blame them.

I was never asked my name when I received the host. For all they care I could of been a serial killer that tortured many children before I killed them.
Maybe they should have. The priest who took your confession could have told them to deny you until you did penance. In this case, however, Quid Pro is a well known person who deliberately and steadfastly refuses to follow Church doctrine and has voted for and supported legislation that the Church disagrees with. There is no good reason why he should be allowed to participate.
I disagree, it a civil issue and like I said everyone knows him, me no one knows me.
That is the point, everyone knows him and knows that he does not abide by the Church's precepts. Therefore there is no reason why they should allow him to participate. Would Planned Parenthood allow Cindy Hyde-Smith, for example, to work at an abortion mill or sit in on board meetings? They would allow an anonymous pro-lifer who disagreed with them but not enough to refuse a paycheck.

IOW, with great privilege and fame come great responsibility. Quid Pro simply can't get away with things that an anonymous person can get away with. OTOH, he's been living in the lap of luxury and exercising great power over the lives of Americans for decades. I see no reason why an organization should allow someone to participate in activities with them who vehemently disagrees with a central tenet of the group.

Republicans do not follow the Church's precepts on capital punishment. Republicans should not be allowed to participate. Trump got away with numerous things. The church had no issues with that.

Bull. Nowhere does the Bible forbid capital punishment, in fact it is prescribed for certain circumstances. Pope John Paul II said the death penalty should be reserved for only when absolutely necessary, he did not say it should never be used.
If you a Jew you can get the death penalty for whatever, like a woman who cheats on her spouse. We are Christians, well I not anymore, but I know what Christians teach.

Pope John Paul II and the bishops have clearly asked us to act to end the use of the death penalty.

should be stripped of that anyway. The church as an entity.
If godless libs strip Christians of tax exempt status then they must strip all charities of tax exempt status

If that happens churches will survive but plenty of secular organizations will not
all of them will survive.
Democrats to declare war on the Catholic Church for following their own doctrine and holding politicians accountable for their public policies.

Churches that engage in partisan politics are not entitled to a tax exemption. One of the church's doctrines is opposition to capital punishment. Republicans generally support capital punishment. Republicans shouldn't be able to receive communion. They should play by the same rules for Republicans and Democrats.
It's up to them, isn't it? And, BTW, churches engage in partisan politics all the time. They particularly like to help democrats.

-It is up to the IRS. using communion as a political weapon is partisan politics of the worst kind. There is no evidence black churches favor Democrats. They may personally favor Democrats but when they encourage their parishioners to vote, they do not exclude Republicans.
Quid Pro opposes one of the Church's most basic tenets. Why should they be forced to allow him to participate? Would you force Planned Parenthood to hire Cindy Hide-Smith or allow her to attend board meetings? When someone is vehemently opposed to a group's mission or purpose, why do you think it's the government's job to force them to accept that person?

Now, I notice that you admit Black churches encourage their parishioners to vote and give them guidance on how to do so. That is political activity, and as for Black churches favoring democrats, I will point out the overwhelming support the democrats take for granted from the Black community. Seriously, can you show Black churches advocating for Republican candidates?
Because the republicans want to bring back Jim Crow laws and suppress the vote, and they threat the blacks like sh..t.

Do you blame them.

TRUMP! isn't a Catholic. If he was, they likely would have refused him as well. The Catholic Church is one of the few institutions still willing to publicly hold and enforce unpopular beliefs. Let's face reality, though. The thread isn't about Republicans, it's about Quid Pro, who has had problems with the Catholic Church pretty much all of his career.
Except he is a crook.

Democrats to declare war on the Catholic Church ...

Should it not be "'theHawk' declares war of the Democrats against the Catholics because he is not a Democrat, not a Catholic and also not a hawk"?

Last edited:

A church that protected its pedophiles for decades is cool.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 King James Version

49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.​

Uh Oh.....trump lovers in trouble?

Based on what. Utah gave Trump his biggest victory yet it is the most generous giving state in the Union You can look up the data
Same goes for Idaho

Do you blame them.

TRUMP! isn't a Catholic. If he was, they likely would have refused him as well. The Catholic Church is one of the few institutions still willing to publicly hold and enforce unpopular beliefs. Let's face reality, though. The thread isn't about Republicans, it's about Quid Pro, who has had problems with the Catholic Church pretty much all of his career.
Except he is a crook.
What gives you standing to say what Churches should and should not do? Quid Pro actively seeks to undermine and oppose one of the Catholic Church's central tenets, that life is sacred, and does so through the power of the law. The Church is under no obligation whatsoever to serve him communion.

Do you blame them.

Except he is a crook.
What gives you standing to say what Churches should and should not do? Quid Pro actively seeks to undermine and oppose one of the Catholic Church's central tenets, that life is sacred, and does so through the power of the law. The Church is under no obligation whatsoever to serve him communion.
They sure are. I never had to give my name or sins if I received the host. They have to put blinders on when delivering the host.

Forum List

Back