Democrats want to give school kids 3 meals a day YEAR ROUND!!!

Schools should not provide ANY food for kids. The kids should get breakfast at home and the parents should give them a sack lunch to take to school. White parents are fine with that but minority parents don't want the hassle and expense of feeding their own kids.

Federal Government Looking to Feed Public School Students 3 Meals Per Day Year Round

sep 4 2015Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said on Tuesday that his agency is looking for “creative ways” to give public school students access to more meals, including a way to provide them breakfast, lunch and dinner year round.

“We have focused on efforts to try to figure out ways in which we can expand in those time periods when youngsters may not have access to school meals,” Vilsack said in remarks at the liberal Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C. That includes giving students access to meals “across the school day, across the school year and across the calendar year,” he said
They want that and food stamps?
Oh yeah!

When I was in school, we went home for lunch, parents fed us in the morning and in the evening and all was right in the world. The streets were not littered with children dead from starvation.

Ya, me too. My father was the sole bread winner & there were 5 kids in my family... you know how he was able to do it? Back then, companies paid a living wage AND were taxed at a much higher level... forcing corporations to re-invest in themselves by paying their workers & constantly upgrading... now they outsource & use tax havens.

What did your dad make? About a buck an hour?

If he worked for the Big 3, remember you guys crying during the Bush years about how those guys were all making too much? Remember you guys cried about their "cadillac" insurance plans?

And now you will try to say this is why the Big 3 went bankrupt or why they moved overseas. Why would you say such things? Because you are jealous, ignorant and a fool. But now you will mock and ask if they made a buck an hour? You would truly refer to those days as the good old days.

Anyways, I laugh at Americans like you because instead of arguing for you to get the same pay as those union workers, you went along with the GOP on lowering their pay. And now you cry because wages are down.

I can't even wrap my brain around what a hypocrite you guys are. The stupidity is immeasurable.

Just remember that in 1999 the Big 3 had record profits and paid out record profit sharing to their workers. So don't try to blame unions for the Big 3 going bankrupt. When you send all those jobs overseas and you raise gas to over $4 a gallon like Bush did, you see corporations will start hurting. But I think they did it to break the unions. To get the employees to take cuts.

So now those auto workers are almost as broke as you. Are you happy now loser?
Wow....You are really uninformed. Despite the number of US maker plants that have closed over the last 4 decades, a number equal to or even greater than number of foreign auto makers have built plants here in the US employing hundreds of thousands of American workers at very high wages. The only difference? No unions needed. In fact the employees want nothing to do with Paully, Joey, Mikey and Guido's mobbed up organizations. Just last year thr UAW tried to organize the VW plant in Chattanooga, TN....The union lost. The union then said "well, we got cheated. We're suing". They lost that too....
BTW, the wages plus those Cadillac health plants cost GM for example, $70 per hour per worker. There is no way that in this highly competitive auto marketplace, that is sustainable.
GM is paying over ONE MILLION pensioners....That is one million people not working but being paid wages and medical benefits.
Oh and while we're on the subject of record corporate profits....Oh well, no need to explain. You are well aware the hypocrisy I am about to point out...
Lastly. What makes you believe that taxation forces business to invest in anything but paying taxes?

I'm sure some will like this deal,and some may feel it doesn't go far enough.
And they don't see any problem with it because government pays for it so there is no cost to anyone....lol

american-corporations-cartoon.gif

00-02g-12-10-11-political-cartoons-gop.jpg
Genius.....Let anyone run for political office, regardless of party, come out in opposition to ANY farm subsidy and see how far they get?
Your forget that long time Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa is a HUGE supporter of farm subsidies. You are way off base here.....
And in an extreme minority with your crazy far left wing ideas.

Shame on those evil Democrats for wanting to feed children. That money could be so much better spent by invading Iran, more tax breaks for the rich, or giving more foreign aid to Israel. Those evil Democrats.
Then let them take some of their absurdly high $180,000 salary and fund the plan themselves.

Shame on those evil Democrats for wanting to feed children. That money could be so much better spent by invading Iran, more tax breaks for the rich, or giving more foreign aid to Israel. Those evil Democrats.
Then let them take some of their absurdly high $180,000 salary and fund the plan themselves.
I thought it would be better to take it from the bloated defense budget.

When I was in school, we went home for lunch, parents fed us in the morning and in the evening and all was right in the world. The streets were not littered with children dead from starvation.

Ya, me too. My father was the sole bread winner & there were 5 kids in my family... you know how he was able to do it? Back then, companies paid a living wage AND were taxed at a much higher level... forcing corporations to re-invest in themselves by paying their workers & constantly upgrading... now they outsource & use tax havens.

I'm not sure how you meant that & I don't know how much he made... but he worked at a factory that manufactured silverware, a real dirty job. But back then $1.00 was a hell lot more in its worth than it is would be today... which is what $5.00 is now.

Not meaning anything, just asking. The thing is, wages are not what they used to be nor is the cost of living. I think the big difference is that we now pay more in taxes such as city, county, state, federal, sales, school, gasoline...etc. not only to pay for the massive infrastructure but also the entitlements and a huge chunk of money for welfare and a bloated government.

Reduce the size of government, get rid of welfare and families would have a better chance of living on one paycheck.

If you NaziCons pay for Bush's wars.

The public (government) school I attended in 1960 had a milk program. Each student was entitled to a half-pint of milk for 3 pennies.
Memories of WWII were as fresh then as our memories of the attacks of 09/11/01 are today.

It was the Cold War. And the government had incentive to see to it that children in the United States were well nourished. Uncle Sam doesn't want sickly soldiers.

I'm not taking a position on the topic issue.
But I acknowledge, providing adequate nutrition to our children is an excellent investment in ourselves, our nation, our People, in humanity.
Adequate, yes. A full three squares per day? The cost would be absurdly expensive.

If you NaziCons pay for Bush's wars.
Oh please...is it possible for you to be any more ridiculous?

If he worked for the Big 3, remember you guys crying during the Bush years about how those guys were all making too much? Remember you guys cried about their "cadillac" insurance plans?

And now you will try to say this is why the Big 3 went bankrupt or why they moved overseas. Why would you say such things? Because you are jealous, ignorant and a fool. But now you will mock and ask if they made a buck an hour? You would truly refer to those days as the good old days.

Anyways, I laugh at Americans like you because instead of arguing for you to get the same pay as those union workers, you went along with the GOP on lowering their pay. And now you cry because wages are down.

I can't even wrap my brain around what a hypocrite you guys are. The stupidity is immeasurable.

Just remember that in 1999 the Big 3 had record profits and paid out record profit sharing to their workers. So don't try to blame unions for the Big 3 going bankrupt. When you send all those jobs overseas and you raise gas to over $4 a gallon like Bush did, you see corporations will start hurting. But I think they did it to break the unions. To get the employees to take cuts.

So now those auto workers are almost as broke as you. Are you happy now loser?

Excuse me?

I asked the man a simple question and this is what you got from it? First of all, I'm not nor have I ever cried during the Bush years. Secondly, I never cried about wages.

Schools should not provide ANY food for kids. The kids should get breakfast at home and the parents should give them a sack lunch to take to school. White parents are fine with that but minority parents don't want the hassle and expense of feeding their own kids.

Federal Government Looking to Feed Public School Students 3 Meals Per Day Year Round

sep 4 2015Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said on Tuesday that his agency is looking for “creative ways” to give public school students access to more meals, including a way to provide them breakfast, lunch and dinner year round.

“We have focused on efforts to try to figure out ways in which we can expand in those time periods when youngsters may not have access to school meals,” Vilsack said in remarks at the liberal Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C. That includes giving students access to meals “across the school day, across the school year and across the calendar year,” he said
Poor white families use the school breakfast and lunch programs just as much as poor black families do. You are completely wrong in saying that 'white parents' are fine with not having the breakfast and lunch programs. You are completely wrong.

As well, I volunteered for my neighborhood food bank when I lived in Seattle. By far, most of the people who made use of that service were white. To assume only black people are poor or are the ones taking advantage of government or private programs to help them out: that's just ignorant, and racist.

Seattle? newsflash it almost ALL WHITE.
This is very untrue. Have you actually ever been there?

"Seattle also has the largest African American population of any city in the Pacific Northwest." wiki

So they have two when everyone else has one ?

Just asking.

Why have children if you can't feed them? Why should I have to pay for the kids you have and can't feed?

Why wouldn't you want to feed children?

Then YOU go ahead and feed them. Take your money and go to some ghetto and feed a bunch of starving kids because their parents spend their welfare check on drugs and lotto.

I belong to the greatest society on earth and also the wealthiest

We can afford to feed our children

I'm sure you whipped out your checkbook and got right to it.

Why have children if you can't feed them? Why should I have to pay for the kids you have and can't feed?

Why wouldn't you want to feed children?

Then YOU go ahead and feed them. Take your money and go to some ghetto and feed a bunch of starving kids because their parents spend their welfare check on drugs and lotto.

I belong to the greatest society on earth and also the wealthiest

We can afford to feed our children

Apparently you belong to a pretty stupid one too.

Forum List

Back