Democrats want to give school kids 3 meals a day YEAR ROUND!!!

Sounds like a good idea to me. Those that dont want their kids to have the meals can opt out of the program.

Will those that opt out get a tax refund?
No. Why should they?
Why not? Why should THEY pay? They aren't getting any benefit?....
For the same reason that people that dont drive cars pay for you to have nice roads to drive on.

People who drive cars pay for a lot of it in the form of gasoline (useage) taxes.

There is no comparison.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Those that dont want their kids to have the meals can opt out of the program.

No. Why should they?
For the same reason that people that dont drive cars pay for you to have nice roads to drive on.

People who drive cars pay for a lot of it in the form of gasoline (useage) taxes.

There is no comparison.
They need gas to drive their cars. Try again.

Schools should not provide ANY food for kids. The kids should get breakfast at home and the parents should give them a sack lunch to take to school. White parents are fine with that but minority parents don't want the hassle and expense of feeding their own kids.
I think while we continue to have poor single women having children, we will have to continue programs like this. I think instead we should really do a push to get poor single women to stop having children.

So while I don't agree we should let poor kids go hungry, we need to do something about these people having children they can't afford. I don't have kids because I don't want to pay for kids and I can afford them. Why do people who can't afford kids keep having them? So stop it. And so maybe not giving them a free lunch is a way to get them to stop? I don't think we should punish the kids who are already here but maybe we should give the poor people a message that in 3 years the free lunch stuff ends. Stop having babies. Run public service announcements. Just as many as Hillary and Trump and Jeb will run next year. Run them all day every day telling poor women the free lunch is done on Sept 8th 2018. Any kids you have now can have a free lunch but any more kids you better get an abortion or take the morning after pill.

And a mad push to implant a IUD into every poor women having sex.
Its pretty straightforward what needs to be done but cons will be against any of that and continue to put up roadblocks.
The cons are on board with all of my idea except the abortion or birth control part. They love poor people having kids. Cheap worker pool to hire from. And they can use the crime to divide us.
Your abortion idea sounds too much like eugenics.
Abortion should be the last resort. Do you realize if all the women who were taking the pill but accidentally got pregnant the last 10 years were wearing IUD's only 10% of them would have gotten pregnant? So the birth control method most women use is this country isn't even the most effective. And there is nothing wrong with IUD's.

Stopping poor women from having babies they can't afford and won't raise properly is not eugenics. Stop the nonsense.

Taking the pill and wearing a condom isn't eugenics and neither is putting an IUD in your cooter until you are ready to be a parent. It's called Planned Parenthood and more women should try it.

But I would encourage all the baby mama's who are going to not raise their kids in the next 20 years to consider getting abortions. I don't care what it sounds like. Abortion is already legal in America. Encouraging poor stupid women to get them is not eugenics. If we need poor workers we can just open up the border and hire illegals. Americans should all be middle class or better. Stop breeding ditch diggers.
Hey, ditch diggers are fine in my book. They aren't lazy bastards who are well enough to work, but won't. They work for above minimum wage and support their families.

No. Why should they?

There is no comparison.
They need gas to drive their cars. Try again.

If roads are paid in part by gasoline taxes, then those who are driving are carrying a larger share of the load.

I didn't need to try again....I got it the first time.

When I was in school, we went home for lunch, parents fed us in the morning and in the evening and all was right in the world. The streets were not littered with children dead from starvation.

Ya, me too. My father was the sole bread winner & there were 5 kids in my family... you know how he was able to do it? Back then, companies paid a living wage AND were taxed at a much higher level... forcing corporations to re-invest in themselves by paying their workers & constantly upgrading... now they outsource & use tax havens.

What did your dad make? About a buck an hour?

I'm not sure how you meant that & I don't know how much he made... but he worked at a factory that manufactured silverware, a real dirty job. But back then $1.00 was a hell lot more in its worth than it is would be today... which is what $5.00 is now.

Not meaning anything, just asking. The thing is, wages are not what they used to be nor is the cost of living. I think the big difference is that we now pay more in taxes such as city, county, state, federal, sales, school, gasoline...etc. not only to pay for the massive infrastructure but also the entitlements and a huge chunk of money for welfare and a bloated government.

Reduce the size of government, get rid of welfare and families would have a better chance of living on one paycheck.

How about get rid of tax loopholes & entitlements like bonus' to CEO's who companies are 'too big to fail'. Tell me why the Walton family are billionares many times over, but are allowed to hire workers at abysmal wages who need those 'entitlements' just to get by paid for by the taxpayer?

When I was in school, we went home for lunch, parents fed us in the morning and in the evening and all was right in the world. The streets were not littered with children dead from starvation.

Ya, me too. My father was the sole bread winner & there were 5 kids in my family... you know how he was able to do it? Back then, companies paid a living wage AND were taxed at a much higher level... forcing corporations to re-invest in themselves by paying their workers & constantly upgrading... now they outsource & use tax havens.

I'm not sure how you meant that & I don't know how much he made... but he worked at a factory that manufactured silverware, a real dirty job. But back then $1.00 was a hell lot more in its worth than it is would be today... which is what $5.00 is now.

Not meaning anything, just asking. The thing is, wages are not what they used to be nor is the cost of living. I think the big difference is that we now pay more in taxes such as city, county, state, federal, sales, school, gasoline...etc. not only to pay for the massive infrastructure but also the entitlements and a huge chunk of money for welfare and a bloated government.

Reduce the size of government, get rid of welfare and families would have a better chance of living on one paycheck.

How about get rid of tax loopholes & entitlements like bonus' to CEO's who companies are 'too big to fail'. Tell me why the Walton family are billionares many times over, but are allowed to hire workers at abysmal wages who need those 'entitlements' just to get by paid for by the taxpayer?
Sp you are on record for higher product prices?

You have to
Only in republican land can giving poor children food be considered evil.

My mistake.....

Was this for poor children only ?

I didn't realize that.

What is the breakpoint ?
Owe your whole existence to the federal government. Then you get the free meals plus food stamps. How about they just take their choice...food stamps or free meals to the number of 21 meals a week?

It's freakin' unbelievable that Republicans are crying over feeding some kids, while big Corp receives welfare in the $$$BILLIONS every year in the form of tax breaks & subsidies. ANYBODY want to explain why it's OK to do that with say DOW CHEMICAL, but not with little Johnny in kindergarten?

Federal “Corporate Welfare” Database Now Online
Large corporations dominate federal subsidy awards; banks, foreign-owned energy firms and federal contractors among the biggest recipients.

Two-thirds of the $68 billion in business grants and special tax credits awarded by the federal government over the past 15 years have gone to large corporations. During the same period, federal agencies have given the private sector hundreds of billions of dollars in loans, loan guarantees and bailout assistance, with the largest share going to major U.S. and foreign banks.

These are key findings of Uncle Sam's Favorite Corporations, a study with accompanying database released today by Good Jobs First, a non-profit and non-partisan research center on economic development accountability which receives support from the Surdna Foundation. They derive from the first comprehensive compilation of company-specific federal subsidy data. The study and database are available at www.goodjobsfirst.org.

The database, which collects more than 160,000 awards from 137 programs, expands Good Jobs First’s Subsidy Tracker, which since 2010 has posted economic development data from states and localities. The federal data was enhanced with Good Jobs First’s proprietary subsidiary-parent matching system, enabling users to see individual entries linked to more than 1,800 corporate parents, along with each parent’s total subsidies.

“For more than 20 years, so-called corporate welfare has been debated widely with little awareness of which companies were receiving most of the federal assistance,” said Good Jobs First Executive Director Greg LeRoy.

“We now see that big business dominates federal subsidy spending the way it does state and local programs,” said Philip Mattera, principal author of the study and creator of Subsidy Tracker. “Our hope is that the new Subsidy Tracker will serve as a resource in the ongoing debates over federal assistance to business," Mattera added.

Federal “Corporate Welfare” Database Now Online

http://www.goodjobsfirst.org/sites/.../subsidizingthecorporateonepercent.pdf#page=1
http://www.goodjobsfirst.org/sites/.../subsidizingthecorporateonepercent.pdf#page=2

Are you on record for subsidizing billionares?

And how many are there here in our country to make a difference?

Expecting parents to do their basic job is not asking for much.

Well that is unless you're a fucking lib, then of course it's the job of the government.
God forbid that we expect people to feed their children, Horrors!

We give them the money, but still they cannot do it, Shameful.

And how many are there here in our country to make a difference?

Enjoy knowing where your tax dollars end up going to... the REAL welfare Queens:

'Uncle Sam's Favorite Corporations'

http://www.goodjobsfirst.org/sites/default/files/docs/pdf/UncleSamsFavoriteCorporations.pdf

Expecting parents to do their basic job is not asking for much.

Well that is unless you're a fucking lib, then of course it's the job of the government.
God forbid that we expect people to feed their children, Horrors!

We give them the money, but still they cannot do it, Shameful.

Yeah but these are Dimocrat parents, you know the kind, IQ's below 80.

Forum List

Back