democrats war on Christianity continues. NY legislators want to force Chick-fil-a to be open Sundays

This isn't about a boycott, it's about proper uses of public funded spaces.

Please at least read the OP before commenting.

I read it. Your precious government knew exactly what Chik Fil La was about when awarding contracts.

Are you really this fuckin stupid?

Wait...

which violates their First Amendment rights. NY knew the Chick-fil-a policy when they signed the contracts; now these two want to change the rules. It's not like there are no other choices for travelers to make.
State bill targets Chick-fil-A hours at Thruway service plazas
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Two New York State lawmakers have introduced a new bill, with the focus on Chick-fil-A and its business hours along the Thruway.

The bill would require Chick-fil-A restaurants at New York State Thruway service plazas to be open seven days a week. Chick-fil-A is known for its chicken, and for having its locations closed on Sundays.
That's par for the course, the left wanting to take people's and business's rights away.

Its a Christian fast food company which has principles based on Almighty God's holy bible.

She is often credited with a quote allegedly referring to bilingualism in Texas schools: "If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it ought to be good enough for the children of Texas."[12] Variations of this statement have been dated to 1881, and were often used to ridicule the claimed backwardness of various unnamed Christians. Ferguson did not originate the quote.[13]

Not my government, I don't live in new york, but they have the right to decide how the space is used.

There are plenty of privately owned building for them to rent.

The state government already made the decision to lease to CFA, now they want to renege on the deal. CFA's Christian faith and business practices weren't a secret.

Seems like a dangerous precedent to set and an outright government overreach. I doubt It would hold up to legal challenges as it would run a foul of religious discrimination laws the state has.
"While there is nothing objectionable about a fast food restaurant closing on a particular day of the week, service areas dedicated to travelers is an inappropriate location for such a restaurant," the legislation says. "Publicly owned service areas should use their space to maximally benefit the public. Allowing for retail space to go unused one-seventh of the week or more is a disservice and unnecessary inconvenience to travelers who rely on these service areas."

/-----/ There are plenty of options. I guess you never travel on the NY Thruway. I've done so for decades.
Chick-fil-A, Shake Shack, Panera Bread, Starbucks (drive-thru), Tim Horton’s, Auntie Anne’s, Cinnabon, Arby's, Popeye's, and more. Not one stop has only one restaurant.

No, I try to avoid it, actually... but we have similar things in IL. Point is, they have these thruways to meet customer needs on long trips, and if Chick-Fil-Hate isn't meeting that, someone else who will should be.

/----/ Of course you have no issue putting the screws on a Christian organization. It's how you roll. NY let them spend $$$$ building the infrastructure, then wants to change the rules.
CFA should sue New York State for breach of contract.

I don't go to Church for food, and I don't go to a restaurant for religion.

Forum List

Back