Democrats will try to approve $2,000 direct checks

You're the richest country in the world so you still have a way to go, but it might turn out that the wealth of the richest might need to be shared.
Other people's money is probably the only way out of the mess that was created by (fill in the blank)
---------------------- with your most hated president.

Should they write each of our 350 million people a check?
Thank you for asking. NO!
Government should write a cheque for those who are truly and seriously in need of help. Can we talk about ways of determining real need?

Even people like you who suggest it's a good thing to point guns at people, can change their attitudes.

Why would I change my attitude? I read creepy Joe's plans for our country from his own website. Utter destruction. If we don't keep leadership of the Senate, he will be unstoppable.

Because it's a stimulus bill which indicates it's purpose is to stimulate the economy. Since retired people, healthcare workers, government employees all spend money, that's the intent.
the unintended consequence will be to addict the public to free money

and at some point we will have a federal budget deficit that is unsustainable

America will implode from our own mismanagement

Understood. I'm just explaining why everybody is getting money regardless if they are working or not.
Bad government is wasteful of tax money Ray. If the richest two billionaires in America wrote every American a cheque for a thousand bucks, would they still have about half their money left?

Government should write a cheque for those who are truly and seriously in need of help. Can we talk about ways of determining real need?

Then how are you going to get the money? Don't say taxation, because taxation only gives the government more money which they will waste like always.

Bad government is wasteful of tax money Ray. If the richest two billionaires in America wrote every American a cheque for a thousand bucks, would they still have about half their money left?

You really think so?

You're the richest country in the world so you still have a way to go, but it might turn out that the wealth of the richest might need to be shared.
Other people's money is probably the only way out of the mess that was created by (fill in the blank)

An analysis by Chuck Collins at the Institute for Policy Studies found that American billionaires have seen their wealth grow by $1 trillion since March of this year - more than 34 percent.

so needy!

Even people like you who suggest it's a good thing to point guns at people, can change their attitudes.

Why would I change my attitude? I read creepy Joe's plans for our country from his own website. Utter destruction. If we don't keep leadership of the Senate, he will be unstoppable.
We can talk about it Ray and it's FREE from a Canadian! But I think you're going to have to demonstrate that you've been walking around with a bad attitude and a chip on your shoulder first.

Biden is not the answer of course. He's just the establishment's excuse to put off socially responsible change. Ask me what that means Ray.
I can't devote much more time to you unless you're willing to try to understand.

An analysis by Chuck Collins at the Institute for Policy Studies found that American billionaires have seen their wealth grow by $1 trillion since March of this year - more than 34 percent.

so needy!
A good contribution to the discussion!
But please understand that your avatar indicates a problem. Get back to me if you want to contribute further to the discussion.

You really think so?

I need to spend less time on you Ray, until you can demonstrate that you're not just interested in spamming and trolling. Give it some thought my friend.

We can talk about it Ray and it's FREE from a Canadian! But I think you're going to have to demonstrate that you've been walking around with a bad attitude and a chip on your shoulder first.

Biden is not the answer of course. He's just the establishment's excuse to put off socially responsible change. Ask me what that means Ray.
I can't devote much more time to you unless you're willing to try to understand.

There is not much to understand. We have a President that until the Chinese flu, gave us the best economy in 50 years, did wonders with our immigration problem, and still is. People had more money, a new high in median household income, less people using social programs, rebuilt our military in case a country like yours faces a foe you have no ability to defend yourself from. Instead, they elected a lifelong political clown with dementia in our federal politics, who is going to reverse every positive thing our current President has done for the country. It's rather simple really.

There is not much to understand. We have a President that until the Chinese flu, gave us the best economy in 50 years, did wonders with our immigration problem, and still is. People had more money, a new high in median household income, less people using social programs, rebuilt our military in case a country like yours faces a foe you have no ability to defend yourself from. Instead, they elected a lifelong political clown with dementia in our federal politics, who is going to reverse every positive thing our current President has done for the country. It's rather simple really.

"Simple" doesn't do it justice.

That's all very positive for a change Ray!
And if true then it's a wonder that he was impeached and then busted in the election! Perhaps he really did win the election?

But Ray, he didn't and now it's time to move on!

It's most interesting how a "doddeirng old man" with "dementia" barely alive for a matter of apparently weeks, is simultaneously, "unstoppable".

Orwell underestimated the depth of Doublethink.
Or as I like to render it here: "Having it both ways: Priceless"

Your little gif, even though it's hilarious, isn't appropriate because it's just trolling for trouble. It's Christmas eve and baby jesus wouldn't want you behaving that way.

Your little gif, even though it's hilarious, isn't appropriate because it's just trolling for trouble. It's Christmas eve and baby jesus wouldn't want you behaving that way.

What "little gif"?

What, you never got a Christmas gif?

If you mean my sigline, that's years old. And it's very appropriate indeed, as it renders unto Caesar what Caesar deserves. That lady represents the electorate. But you can call her Lady Liberty. My favourite part thereof is the denouement,where she gives him the back of 'er hand.

No! The red tape and delays in determining need would completely kill the gesture. It would literally take years to figure it out. "Stimulus" money is meant to help businesses by giving consumers some extra money to spend. It doesn't matter if you need it--you'll spend it and make someone happy by doing so. People are trying to turn this into something it's not. That $1200 didn't solve anyone's problems, except maybe for a month. $600 is sure not going to either. But now that the government did it once, people are demanding more, and trying to turn it into a welfare issue.

Gimme gimme gimme!
Inciting gun violence is not helpful!
What would any American expect to be the result of such violence other than hundreds or thousands of dead and crippled Americans lying on the streets.
Your proposal is exactly contrary to your apparent wishes of 'less' taxation. It's going to cost billions more to repair the wounded and bury the dead.

Please stop thinking of your guns and start to think of what baby jesus would have you do!

Nancy Pelosi agrees with Donald Trump's support for $2000 for each American as part of coronavirus relief.
Of course, Republicans and Congress will block it while Democrats will vote for it unanimously..
Meanwhile, conservatives in message boards are extremely confused because they don't want to stop pretending to be fiscal conservatives, but at the same time they don't want to disagree with their cult leader Donald Trump.
Only if ALL money designated for foreign countries is removed.

That's the big problem that the GOP is gonna be facing. The GOP is gonna have to backtrack and follow
Trump or they will be torched by their own people. Not to mention Trump's tweets. They could lose Georgia
in the Senate...although I believe Oerdue is gonna blow Ossoff away. Probably Lafluer also over
the Spook.

They didn't read the fine points of the CR and thus they have defunded I.C.E. They will have t0o support his veto or be run out of
Fodge. Millions of Americans are suffering, financially, and whether they like it or not, they must support his call for
2 grand for the stiimulus...OR they agree on sending millions of dollars overseas all condemn millions of Americans to
more financial pain.

As for the Defense Bill, the Dems passed it with Article 230 in it, and not being thrown out. They have been the
biggest proponents of holding Social Media accountable for their actions against Conservatives. They have gone right back
to being part of the problem. Give in on everything and fight nothing. If they don't believe that Trump will tweet
all of that to his 80 million followers, they are crazy. He's got 10 days before he has to do something with that
combo bill. If he doesn't it disappears and the new Congress has to deal with it, while the Govt is shut down.

The GOP cannot remove the pork...if they are voting for it. The GOP just needs to go along with Trump on
all these vetoes and seize the narrative. The Dems are not "amending" the bill for 2K checks, they are creating a new bill.
Have everybody pass that and the President sign it, and then he can veto all the rest. Let the Dems bury themselves
by objecting to give Americans some real cash over giving billions to Europeans and the Middle Est.

That's the winning hand.,

Last edited:

You really think so?

$1,000 is chickenfeed

the public can piss that away in a few days

Forum List

Back