Democrats will try to approve $2,000 direct checks

No! The red tape and delays in determining need would completely kill the gesture. It would literally take years to figure it out. "Stimulus" money is meant to help businesses by giving consumers some extra money to spend. It doesn't matter if you need it--you'll spend it and make someone happy by doing so. People are trying to turn this into something it's not. That $1200 didn't solve anyone's problems, except maybe for a month. $600 is sure not going to either. But now that the government did it once, people are demanding more, and trying to turn it into a welfare issue.

Your country's people are in such dire straits now, so that stimulus money is necessary. You should have been questioning government when they were getting you there.

And without an attitude change, it's going to happen agains and again and again! Sometimes Americans just will not listen!

Welfare, spending, and FREE money can be good things. Ask me poliltely about it sometime.

Could this thread just become the one thread in which Americans don't fight each other, and rather just talk about the common good?
Perhaps we could refer to social spending by another name and not refer to it as FREE money?
Or perhaps we restrict the legislation to its nominal purpose - helping those who are getting screwed by the pandemic response - and save the pork for later.
I don't think you're understanding the concept of necessary spending for the people's social needs. There are many more needs of the people than just Covid relief.

I understand it, I just don't agree. I don't think it's the job of government to provide for our social needs.

And incidentally, have you even considered what Covid relief even means? I can tell you what it means in a broad sense but you have to be willing to listen closely.

I'll read what you have to say with an open mind.

Let's keep our respective politics out of it for now o.k??

It seems unlikely that that's possible, but I'll try.

Have you watche Charles Dickens', A Christmas Carol? It's a good time to do so because it's a primer on just about everything I have to tell you!

Will there be ghosts?

It's most interesting how a "doddeirng old man" with "dementia" barely alive for a matter of apparently weeks, is simultaneously, "unstoppable".

Orwell underestimated the depth of Doublethink.
Or as I like to render it here: "Having it both ways: Priceless"

If the Republicans can hold onto the Senate, they may be able to stop some of Joe's plans, but certainly not all of them. Joe is just the puppet of the Democrat party, and probably the radicals like AOC and the Three Stooges will be the string pullers.

Bad government is wasteful of tax money Ray. If the richest two billionaires in America wrote every American a cheque for a thousand bucks, would they still have about half their money left?

You really think so?

$1,000 is chickenfeed

the public can piss that away in a few days
That's quite true Mac, but what would 'you' do? Your country has created a situation in which certain minorities would take a thousand dollars and buy a big scree t.v. with it, while their children go hungry and need to go out robbing people on the streets.

Other countries didn't create that problem Mac, but America couldn't move on from racism. What will you do Mac. You can't hurt the minorites more and expect that will solve the problems. You can't build more walls and prisons!

As Ebeneezer Scrooge said: Are there no workhouses, are there no prisons?
Do you want to be a part of the solution or part of the problem?

That's all very positive for a change Ray!
And if true then it's a wonder that he was impeached and then busted in the election! Perhaps he really did win the election?

But Ray, he didn't and now it's time to move on!

Forgetting about important things and moving on is what you Canadians might do, but in the US, you fight for what you believe.

I understand it, I just don't agree. I don't think it's the job of government to provide for our social needs.

Then you're wrong and there's no need for me to continue trying with you. You really didn't show any sincerity right from the beginning mr. black.

Nancy Pelosi agrees with Donald Trump's support for $2000 for each American as part of coronavirus relief.
Of course, Republicans and Congress will block it while Democrats will vote for it unanimously..
Meanwhile, conservatives in message boards are extremely confused because they don't want to stop pretending to be fiscal conservatives, but at the same time they don't want to disagree with their cult leader Donald Trump.
They are a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. I think we all just laugh now when any of them pretend to be fiscally responsible.

No! The red tape and delays in determining need would completely kill the gesture. It would literally take years to figure it out. "Stimulus" money is meant to help businesses by giving consumers some extra money to spend. It doesn't matter if you need it--you'll spend it and make someone happy by doing so. People are trying to turn this into something it's not. That $1200 didn't solve anyone's problems, except maybe for a month. $600 is sure not going to either. But now that the government did it once, people are demanding more, and trying to turn it into a welfare issue.

Your country's people are in such dire straits now, so that stimulus money is necessary. You should have been questioning government when they were getting you there.

And without an attitude change, it's going to happen agains and again and again! Sometimes Americans just will not listen!

Welfare, spending, and FREE money can be good things. Ask me poliltely about it sometime.
In what way was my post not polite? I have nothing against welfare. My only point is that this stimulus isn't meant to be welfare.

That's all very positive for a change Ray!
And if true then it's a wonder that he was impeached and then busted in the election! Perhaps he really did win the election?

But Ray, he didn't and now it's time to move on!

Forgetting about important things and moving on is what you Canadians might do, but in the US, you fight for what you believe.
Just at least don't start touching your guns in places that make the guns feel uncomfortable! How many people you kill in your long wished for civil war is your issue and it doesn't concern me in the least. You're acting like a very, very bad man!

Just at least don't start touching your guns in places that make the guns feel uncomfortable! How many people you kill in your long wished for civil war is your issue and it doesn't concern me in the least. You're acting like a very, very bad man!

Who said anything about killing?

It's most interesting how a "doddeirng old man" with "dementia" barely alive for a matter of apparently weeks, is simultaneously, "unstoppable".

Orwell underestimated the depth of Doublethink.
Or as I like to render it here: "Having it both ways: Priceless"

If the Republicans can hold onto the Senate, they may be able to stop some of Joe's plans, but certainly not all of them. Joe is just the puppet of the Democrat party, and probably the radicals like AOC and the Three Stooges will be the string pullers.
Trump is a puppet of russia. What we doing about that giant cyber attack?

In what way was my post not polite? I have nothing against welfare. My only point is that this stimulus isn't meant to be welfare.
You're an American and you don't understand. We can work on that if you like?
Meet me in the CDZ section where we won't need to be abused by the spamming and trolling.

I must say this is the first time I've heard that we were "not questioning government". It ain't what I remember.

Meet me in the CDZ section where we won't need to be abused by the spamming and trolling.
What a pompous douchebag you've turned out to be! Welcome to the board.

What a pompous douchebag you've turned out to be! Welcome to the board.
He reminds me of 320/Xelor without all the fancy words.

Good intentions are not good enough.

stimulus spending does not help a business whose doors are locked shut

This giveaway only allows governors and mayors to continue picking winners and losers by allowing some businesses to remain open while others are forced into bankruptcy.

and it sets a precedent that Uncle Santa Claus is going to wipe every nose when it does not have the ability to do so in the long term

Forum List

Back