Dems got the Trump Racism thing all wrong

This is only possible because of policy that favors the democrat vote grabbing habit, over Americans:

camarota-welfare-f5.png

camarota-welfare-f9.png

I don't care... Trump underestimated the potential of these African immigrants and he needs to apologize and tap into their amazing brain power.

Then they would have no problem making it in a merit based system, would they?

In America, with trump as president, discrimination undermines the merit based system and reinstalls Affirmative Action for less qualified White males and women. The African immigrants are so glad to be here they don't complain too much but the Asians are getting mad about less qualified Whites getting undeserved university seats.

Although Asians average 140 points more than Whites on SAT tests, less qualified whites are taking university seats that should have gone to a more qualified Asia or African immigrant.

African immigrants are more educated than most — including people born in U.S.

You're full of it, everything this administration is being dissected by lawyers far and wide. Any hint of discrimination would be if federal court before the ink dries. College admissions have nothing to do with immigration, they set their own quotas.

Has it been stated how Merit is measured? Whats the proposed process?

Skills the country needs, ability to support themselves and immediate family and proficiency in english.

I'm on the fence as to whether he is racist or just offensive and leaning towards offensive jerk who is ignorant rather than racist.

But - what a president says matters. What he tweets matters. He's the president of the United States and his tweets have the implication of policy - or at the very least blur the line. And yes - good point about arguing about his policies.

Is there any point though, when you decide he just goes to far in his rhetoric? Is it all just ok it's just Trump?
The reason Trump got elected is because he talks straight. Many Americans are fed up with the political correct bureaucrats shoving an agenda down our throats instead of what's best for the country. Importing ignorant unskilled people and putting more of a burden on the American people isn't what I want. Obviously, I'm not alone. I'm all for immigrants that bring something here.

How can he be "talking straight" when he reverses course every other conversation (or tweet)?

His conversations look like an etchasketch.
Well, now you're talking about perception and personal opinion. Do you have any comment on my point above?
It is not perception when everything he says is a matter of public record.i am for a diverse array of immigrants with the larger proportion being merit based. I am opposed to singling out immigrants on the basis of lack of wealth.

You are generous with other people's money.
About as generous as you are with mine.

Lets get real for a second. If you are partisan spinner on either side please leave now. Here's the deal. Trump made a stupid ignorant statement the other day when he said he didn't want people from Shithole countries coming here. His lackies are looking like fools trying to make excuses for him, trying to make this thing about a PC language issue or pretending that he was simply talking about the conditions of 3rd world countries, or spreading the idiotic narrative that he didn't even say it. Its embarrassing for them. On the flip side, the dems are over playing their hand by going after Trump as a Racist... Let me explain.

I understand the racist argument that the Left is making based on Trumps statements, but I believe that to be subjective and over played in this case. The real issue from what i've seen has more to do with class. Trump doesn't want poor uneducated people coming into our Country. His statement was discriminatory, no question, so lets be accurate and call it that. I don't think Trump would have a problem with a bunch of Ben Carson's coming into our country, I don't think it is a race issue.

Trump wants merit based immigration where we give priority to people who have proven that they have something to contribute to society. People with achievements in education, work, or monetary means have proven merit under his standards and those who are poor or uneducated do not have the same merit. I don't agree with Trump, I believe in giving people opportunity and that nobody is better than the other just because they are born somewhere else or born with more means than another. I also believe that people from poor countries represent a perspective that those from rich countries don't have. They have a great sense of appreciation for opportunity and the American dream because they have gone through the struggle of not having it. That is a valuable perspective to have.

I understand given Trumps history that a link can be made to say that he may assume people of color to fit a certain stereotype unless they have proven otherwise and with that a case for Racism could be made. However, I'd like to see our political discussion less polarized and hyperbolized and more realistic based on the facts. Dems should stop with the hyperfocus on Racism and call this what it is, class based discrimination... Reps need to stop being spin doctor puppets... and Trump needs to grow the fuck up and start acting like a leader
Lets get real for a second. If you are partisan spinner on either side please leave now. Here's the deal. Trump made a stupid ignorant statement the other day when he said he didn't want people from Shithole countries coming here. His lackies are looking like fools trying to make excuses for him, trying to make this thing about a PC language issue or pretending that he was simply talking about the conditions of 3rd world countries, or spreading the idiotic narrative that he didn't even say it. Its embarrassing for them. On the flip side, the dems are over playing their hand by going after Trump as a Racist... Let me explain.

I understand the racist argument that the Left is making based on Trumps statements, but I believe that to be subjective and over played in this case. The real issue from what i've seen has more to do with class. Trump doesn't want poor uneducated people coming into our Country. His statement was discriminatory, no question, so lets be accurate and call it that. I don't think Trump would have a problem with a bunch of Ben Carson's coming into our country, I don't think it is a race issue.

Trump wants merit based immigration where we give priority to people who have proven that they have something to contribute to society. People with achievements in education, work, or monetary means have proven merit under his standards and those who are poor or uneducated do not have the same merit. I don't agree with Trump, I believe in giving people opportunity and that nobody is better than the other just because they are born somewhere else or born with more means than another. I also believe that people from poor countries represent a perspective that those from rich countries don't have. They have a great sense of appreciation for opportunity and the American dream because they have gone through the struggle of not having it. That is a valuable perspective to have.

I understand given Trumps history that a link can be made to say that he may assume people of color to fit a certain stereotype unless they have proven otherwise and with that a case for Racism could be made. However, I'd like to see our political discussion less polarized and hyperbolized and more realistic based on the facts. Dems should stop with the hyperfocus on Racism and call this what it is, class based discrimination... Reps need to stop being spin doctor puppets... and Trump needs to grow the fuck up and start acting like a leader
good post, and I agree with most of it....but the reason they use racism, is they have to.......look at the cities, blacks aren't really improving...as a group.....and it's their policies....plus it's an easy way to disqualify you opponent and say you don't have to hear from them.....which is why dems do it EVERY election....not just with Trump

I don't care... Trump underestimated the potential of these African immigrants and he needs to apologize and tap into their amazing brain power.

In America, with trump as president, discrimination undermines the merit based system and reinstalls Affirmative Action for less qualified White males and women. The African immigrants are so glad to be here they don't complain too much but the Asians are getting mad about less qualified Whites getting undeserved university seats.

Although Asians average 140 points more than Whites on SAT tests, less qualified whites are taking university seats that should have gone to a more qualified Asia or African immigrant.

You're full of it, everything this administration is being dissected by lawyers far and wide. Any hint of discrimination would be if federal court before the ink dries. College admissions have nothing to do with immigration, they set their own quotas.

Skills the country needs, ability to support themselves and immediate family and proficiency in english.

Most African immigrants are at least bilingual and many are trilingual ....and well versed in English.

The academic prowess OF African immigrants has taken the west by surprise as the best of them have ensconced themselves as the most highly educated groups in the USA and the UK.

Most African immigrants are at least bilingual and many are trilingual ....and well versed in English.

The academic prowess OF African immigrants has taken the west by surprise as the best of them have ensconced themselves as the most highly educated groups in the USA and the UK.

And yet the Countries they come from are overwhelmingly shitholes. See the difference? :) That's why they want to come to America. Surely that is not difficult to understand.

This is only possible because of policy that favors the democrat vote grabbing habit, over Americans:

camarota-welfare-f5.png

camarota-welfare-f9.png

So you are saying the data in my link is wrong???

I'm saying you can't have any data on a law that hasn't been passed.

And what is the process taken to measure that for prospective immigrants?

Yeah, We are likely to turn some moderate Dems into alt-right crazies if we keep telling Trump that he is making racist statements. We'd better cool it.
Just looking for honest conversation. Do you object to that?

yes they do...it's why they never discuss issues and shout shithole=racism......it's insane
I’m looking for honest conversation from BOTH sides
Good luck on THAT one.

good post, and I agree with most of it....but the reason they use racism, is they have to.......look at the cities, blacks aren't really improving...as a group.....and it's their policies....plus it's an easy way to disqualify you opponent and say you don't have to hear from them.....which is why dems do it EVERY election....not just with Trump
The race card isn’t overplayed for sure. I’m pretty liberal minded but it is a definite turn off when I hear it incorrectly used

The reason Trump got elected is because he talks straight. Many Americans are fed up with the political correct bureaucrats shoving an agenda down our throats instead of what's best for the country. Importing ignorant unskilled people and putting more of a burden on the American people isn't what I want. Obviously, I'm not alone. I'm all for immigrants that bring something here.

How can he be "talking straight" when he reverses course every other conversation (or tweet)?

His conversations look like an etchasketch.
Well, now you're talking about perception and personal opinion. Do you have any comment on my point above?
It is not perception when everything he says is a matter of public record.i am for a diverse array of immigrants with the larger proportion being merit based. I am opposed to singling out immigrants on the basis of lack of wealth.

You are generous with other people's money.
As are you. I hate paying for other peoples private schooling, subsidizing religious crisis pregnancy centers, and subsidizing corporations but wth...it is they things work.

Corporations make money you don't subsidize them :itsok:. Go ahead take 10 dirt poor uneducated illegals into your home and care for them, step up lead by example. No? Yeah we thought not.

Sounds like they would have no problem in a merit based system, of course they are in the minority of the people we have been admitting to date.

And what is the process taken to measure that for prospective immigrants?

Congress has yet to determine the nuts and bolts, they are the priorities Trump has said he wants. I won't join in the speculation of what the law will look like in the end.

And yet the Countries they come from are overwhelmingly shitholes. See the difference? :) That's why they want to come to America. Surely that is not difficult to understand.

The Nigerians stand out among highly educated African immigrants. Nigeria is not a shit hole. In fact according to the CIA world fact book it ranks 24th among nations in terms of GDP ( parity purchasing power ).

But a number of African nations thought to be shit holes are holding their own against a number of Asian and European countries in terms of quality of life and bet places

US News ranks South Africa as #38 in best countries overall. That ranking puts it ahead of Croatia ranked #49, ahead of Slovenia (Melania Trumps home country) ranked #53, ahead of Romania ranked #58, ahead of Latvia ranked #60, ahead of Bulgaria ranked #63, ahead of Azerbaijan ranked # 69, ahead of Belarus ranked #70, ahead of Ukraine ranked #73, ahead of Iran ranked #79, and ahead of Serbia ranked #80.

Other African or Black run ":shit holes" out ranking "shit hole" european and some former Russian satellite shit holes include The Dominican Republic #51, Tanzania # 59,

Kenya #61, Ghana #68, and Nigeria #77 which comes out ahead of Algeria, Iran and Serbia.

DId you know that quotas are illegal? Merit is the law now; and, while immigration has nothing to do with college admissions it just so happens that African immigrants are vying successfully for admission and graduating at rates exceeding their numbers in the general population by far. They are doing that far more often than the native population and other immigrants as well.

DId you know that quotas are illegal? Merit is the law now; and, while immigration has nothing to do with college admissions it just so happens that African immigrants are vying successfully for admission and graduating at rates exceeding their numbers in the general population by far. They are doing that far more often than the native population and other immigrants as well.
So why don't they make Africa a better place by staying there?

Many do return home to help rebuild infrastructure, but the tyrants put in pace by the USA and other western nations aren't going to permit too much change...they won't risk their access to the resources and exploitation of Africa for anything...especially for the health and welfare of the natives.

The same could be said of Asians immigrants....

Many do return home to help rebuild infrastructure, but the tyrants put in pace by the USA and other western nations aren't going to permit too much change...they won't risk their access to the resources and exploitation of Africa for anything...especially for the health and welfare of the natives.

Give me some names of the tyrants put in place by the USA and the names of the other nations.

Give me some names of the tyrants put in place by the USA and the names of the other nations.

You don't know...?????? Go research the matter and come on back when you reach my level...then we can communicate.

Forum List

Back