Denmark bans kosher slaughter

It has to do with the method of killing the animal. Danish law demands that all animals slaughtered for market be stunned first. Both halal and kosher mandate that the animal be fully conscious.

It is a pretty cruel way to kill an animal.

You hang them upside down and cut their throats. Then let them bleed out.

Most meat in the US is killed "kosher" because its cheaper.

I am highly doubtful of that as those with the certification could not possibly meet the demand of the US population.

There's all kinds of of meat substitutes: hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken breast, nuggets... I used to be a meat eater, now there's no need for meat.

The fact you have to make things that are not meat look like meat makes the point for carnivorous omnivores everywhere.

You don't see people taking ground beef and making it look like broccoli to make people feel better about eating it, yet you have to take all that substitute stuff and gussy it up like meat to make it palatable.
I enjoy eating hot dogs and hamburgers, it's just that mine don't use meat. Looks the same and people who don't know that it's a tofu dog don't even notice, but it has no nitrates and all the other cancer causing shit that's in meat dogs. So it's healthier. And it doesn't involve abusing animals.

And you won't have rotting dead animals in your intestines every day. :D

Same here except that I avoid the faux meats. Too processed. Been veg for more than 30 years and feel better than I did in my 20s.

You're right though about rotting dead animals in your intestines. We were never meant to digest flesh. I've seen autopsies where the pathologist ran the bowel and expressed hard chunks of years-ole meat.

No thanks. I like being healthy and feeling good.

If one wants to eat dead things, why not be humane about it? The US is the most cruel country in the world and there's really no reason or excuse for that except money.

I am highly doubtful of that as those with the certification could not possibly meet the demand of the US population.

And, some other countries won't buy meat from us.

I believe we import most of our chickens from Russia.
Would have been more ironic to get our chickens from France.

What?

Tyson moved to Russia?

LOL

No, actually, we don't import meat from Russia. Russia does not import meat from us because of the poor safety regs. Think about that. Russia bans US meat.

OTOH, we are now importing chicken from China where their safety record is even worse than ours.

And, China just bought the biggest US pig producer - Smithfield. They've had so many safety violations but now they won't have to bother with all that anymore.

And, some other countries won't buy meat from us.

I believe we import most of our chickens from Russia.
Would have been more ironic to get our chickens from France.

What?

Tyson moved to Russia?

LOL

No, actually, we don't import meat from Russia. Russia does not import meat from us because of the poor safety regs. Think about that. Russia bans US meat.

OTOH, we are now importing chicken from China where their safety record is even worse than ours.

And, China just bought the biggest US pig producer - Smithfield. They've had so many safety violations but now they won't have to bother with all that anymore.

I had read a report about 3 weeks ago in New York Newsday that had commented about the US importing about 60% of our chickens from Russia.

Do you enjoy being a pompous asshole?

Thank you for your question Marty. I have thought about it carefully and have decided that, all things considered, I am enormously grateful that I am me and not you.

There is nothing worse on a message board than smug atheist assholes. You guys are the primordial ooze of posters. Narcissistic primordial ooze at that.

Thank you for this message. And well done for spelling 'narcissistic'! It will, I know, have taken you enormous effort to compose, straining your intellect to the limit, so why not now lie down and have a nice rest?

There's all kinds of of meat substitutes: hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken breast, nuggets... I used to be a meat eater, now there's no need for meat.

The fact you have to make things that are not meat look like meat makes the point for carnivorous omnivores everywhere.

You don't see people taking ground beef and making it look like broccoli to make people feel better about eating it, yet you have to take all that substitute stuff and gussy it up like meat to make it palatable.
I enjoy eating hot dogs and hamburgers, it's just that mine don't use meat. Looks the same and people who don't know that it's a tofu dog don't even notice, but it has no nitrates and all the other cancer causing shit that's in meat dogs. So it's healthier. And it doesn't involve abusing animals.

And then you either have to eat nuts by the barrel load or pop pills that have all the nitrates and carcinogens in to give you the missing dietary nutrients. SO much easier to go out kill a rabbit or squirrel cook it and then eat it with your veggies. It is only the processed meat that is bad so no hot dogs, burgers, sausages etc if you want to be healthy

And then you either have to eat nuts by the barrel load or pop pills that have all the nitrates and carcinogens in to give you the missing dietary nutrients. SO much easier to go out kill a rabbit or squirrel cook it and then eat it with your veggies. It is only the processed meat that is bad so no hot dogs, burgers, sausages etc if you want to be healthy

That's vegans. Vegetarians who eat eggs, dairy products and other animal derived products that don't require the animal's slaughter can easily have a healthy and balanced diet without the need for supliments. With vegans it's a bit more tricky and you have to plan your food like a military exercise.

I've heard it said that if we all have to slaughter our own animals then 90% of the world would be vegetarian. I dunno if it's true or one of those "more evidence that Jesus existed than Julius Caeser" sayings that many people say but nobody has ever backed with research. Sadly I'd be in the 10%.

Thank you for your question Marty. I have thought about it carefully and have decided that, all things considered, I am enormously grateful that I am me and not you.

There is nothing worse on a message board than smug atheist assholes. You guys are the primordial ooze of posters. Narcissistic primordial ooze at that.

Thank you for this message. And well done for spelling 'narcissistic'! It will, I know, have taken you enormous effort to compose, straining your intellect to the limit, so why not now lie down and have a nice rest?

How about you go fuck yourself with a tire iron?

Same here except that I avoid the faux meats. Too processed. Been veg for more than 30 years and feel better than I did in my 20s.

You're right though about rotting dead animals in your intestines. We were never meant to digest flesh.

Right, that's why so many veggies cause gas. Eat a steak and the body digests it without effort. Eat plateful of peas and expect a long visit from the Shit Gas King.

It has to do with the method of killing the animal. Danish law demands that all animals slaughtered for market be stunned first. Both halal and kosher mandate that the animal be fully conscious.

Is there a pleasant way for an animal to be deprived of its life?

There are varying degrees of torture.

Is there a pleasant way for an animal to be deprived of its life?

There are varying degrees of torture.

Any country that allows the HUNTING of animals----any animals ---including birds---
but outlaws Kosher slaughter ----is----very simply----exhibiting anti semitism.
The "suffering" to cited in kosher slaughter is-----very simply reflex activity. ----spinal
reflex. Even brain dead humans retain spinal reflexes. Death is never pretty. ---
videos of an animal TWITCHING-----are propaganda. -------muscles removed from
a human-----if done nicely can still TWITCH As for hanging an animal to drain blood
in halal slaughter----if the neurovasular bundle in the neck "corotid, jugular and vagus
nerve are severed----the animal is completely unconscious----ie no 'suffering' " The issue
is really good technique------of course not all people have good technique------even in the
use of stun guns which if handled badly can also cause suffering

Most meat in the US is killed "kosher" because its cheaper.

Captive bolt costs a penny per cow.

Kosher slaughter is more expensive. You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You're right though about rotting dead animals in your intestines. We were never meant to digest flesh.

Right, that's why so many veggies cause gas. Eat a steak and the body digests it without effort. Eat plateful of peas and expect a long visit from the Shit Gas King.

Sorry, you're wrong, meat eaters' farts are WAAAYYY stinkier than a vegetarians. Put a pile of rotting meat next to a pile of rotting vegetables and then smell them as they rot. Then report back.

Sorry, you're wrong, meat eaters' farts are WAAAYYY stinkier than a vegetarians. Put a pile of rotting meat next to a pile of rotting vegetables and then smell them as they rot. Then report back.

But they don't rot in the intestines they decompose and become pickled by all the acids and bacteria. If they acted the same way inside as they do out then the human body would die from bacterial poisoning from either source. The gas we produce is mainly methane with a varying degree of hydrogen and sulphur compounds. Eat beans and the process is accelerated many times, same with all legumes. Then the brassicas create their own distinctive aroma. Meat just digests down to its proteins and then passes in the waste from the veggies, no odour or nasty by-products unless you rely heavily on meat and them your stools become watery and explosive.

Yep. Look at true carnivores' very short intestines. Flesh that stays in the system for very long rots and becomes a huge health risk. Our much longer intestines are designed to digest vegetable matter.

Another argument the meat eaters use is our teeth ... They say we have canines, like our dogs and cats, that are designed to rip and tear flesh. I don't have long sharp canines and I've never seen any other human who does.

Here are some of the other myths ...

The Top 12 Excuses People Give For Not Going Vegan... And Our Responses To Them. - MFA Blog

Check out the photo at the top ...

`

Of course we were meant to digest meat! If we weren't meat would be indigestible and no one would ever have eaten it. Human beings do not eat wood, it is indigestible. Therefore, we have no wood eating species of human beings. The human body makes enzymes necessary to digest meat. Therefore we were certainly meant to eat meat. If you choose not to eat meat, you have to supplement your diet with nutrients necessary to maintain health. Health that you would have without effort if you ate meat.

But they don't rot in the intestines they decompose and become pickled by all the acids and bacteria. If they acted the same way inside as they do out then the human body would die from bacterial poisoning from either source. The gas we produce is mainly methane with a varying degree of hydrogen and sulphur compounds. Eat beans and the process is accelerated many times, same with all legumes. Then the brassicas create their own distinctive aroma. Meat just digests down to its proteins and then passes in the waste from the veggies, no odour or nasty by-products unless you rely heavily on meat and them your stools become watery and explosive.

Here's a little known fact, meat eaters' intestines have a coating of dead, rotting animals that never goes away. YUM!

Forum List

Back