Denmark bans kosher slaughter

So basically Jewish people who want to follow Kosher or Muslims who want to remain halal have to either go vegetarian or buy imported meat.

I would guess a lawsuit would be in order, under the US system, dont know how Denmark works.

It would fail as soon as the videos of halal slaughter were shown to the court. Were the animal is seen to thrash about in pain and suffering for up to 2 minutes as the blood is pumped out of its body. That is what they are trying to stop the animals pain and suffering, both religions have been told they can continue as long as they stun the animal first but they are loathe to do so.

Because it is not halal or kosher according to some interpretations of their religious texts to have the animal out cold when you slaughter it.

Doesn't Denmark have anything better to do than piss off Muslims and Jews?

At least they are treating both groups equally, and if it is part of their standing laws then they have every right to enforce them. After all Denmark is a Christian country and should act according to the way their citizens want.

Vegetarianism is the only sane way to go.

Not until we lose our canine teeth it isn't, it is a recipe for disaster. Our internal organs are not designed for a vegetarian diet, and would cause health problems for the majority of people. Eating less meat and going for more abundant animals to supplement our diets is the way forward

It has to do with the method of killing the animal. Danish law demands that all animals slaughtered for market be stunned first. Both halal and kosher mandate that the animal be fully conscious.

It is a pretty cruel way to kill an animal.

You hang them upside down and cut their throats. Then let them bleed out.

Is there a pleasant way for an animal to be deprived of its life?

Yeah.

There is.

Read all about it.

Humane cattle farming makes great steaks | Life and style | Observer Food Monthly

I think this bans halal as well. Isn't killing the animal the cruel thing not the method?

So basically Jewish people who want to follow Kosher or Muslims who want to remain halal have to either go vegetarian or buy imported meat.

I would guess a lawsuit would be in order, under the US system, dont know how Denmark works.

I am happy to report that my neighbour Denmark is not so infested with lawyers as the US. The ban on halal and kosher slaughter is unlikely to be legally contested.

Most meat consumed in Denmark is pork which will not, of course, be affected. Importing meat to satisfy religious bigotry is no problem as Denmark has some very close neighbours - halal slaughter will not be banned in Sweden as our dear Muslim compatriots would not like it (and might attempt to murder you if you pulled a stunt like that).

It would fail as soon as the videos of halal slaughter were shown to the court. Were the animal is seen to thrash about in pain and suffering for up to 2 minutes as the blood is pumped out of its body. That is what they are trying to stop the animals pain and suffering, both religions have been told they can continue as long as they stun the animal first but they are loathe to do so.

Because it is not halal or kosher according to some interpretations of their religious texts to have the animal out cold when you slaughter it.

I agree it would be better if Denmark could piss off Christians as well - and every other religion than the warped mind of man has ever invented. But upsetting Muslim and Jewish fanatics is a very good start.

I agree it would be better if Denmark could piss off Christians as well - and every other religion than the warped mind of man has ever invented. But upsetting Muslim and Jewish fanatics is a very good start.

Do you enjoy being a pompous asshole?

Vegetarianism is the only sane way to go.

Go ahead and do it. I prefer meat with my potatoes, not more potatoes with my potatoes.

There's all kinds of of meat substitutes: hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken breast, nuggets... I used to be a meat eater, now there's no need for meat.

The fact you have to make things that are not meat look like meat makes the point for carnivorous omnivores everywhere.

You don't see people taking ground beef and making it look like broccoli to make people feel better about eating it, yet you have to take all that substitute stuff and gussy it up like meat to make it palatable.

Thank you for your question Marty. I have thought about it carefully and have decided that, all things considered, I am enormously grateful that I am me and not you.

Thank you for your question Marty. I have thought about it carefully and have decided that, all things considered, I am enormously grateful that I am me and not you.

There is nothing worse on a message board than smug atheist assholes. You guys are the primordial ooze of posters. Narcissistic primordial ooze at that.

Go ahead and do it. I prefer meat with my potatoes, not more potatoes with my potatoes.

There's all kinds of of meat substitutes: hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken breast, nuggets... I used to be a meat eater, now there's no need for meat.

The fact you have to make things that are not meat look like meat makes the point for carnivorous omnivores everywhere.

You don't see people taking ground beef and making it look like broccoli to make people feel better about eating it, yet you have to take all that substitute stuff and gussy it up like meat to make it palatable.
I enjoy eating hot dogs and hamburgers, it's just that mine don't use meat. Looks the same and people who don't know that it's a tofu dog don't even notice, but it has no nitrates and all the other cancer causing shit that's in meat dogs. So it's healthier. And it doesn't involve abusing animals.

And you won't have rotting dead animals in your intestines every day. :D

I enjoy eating hot dogs and hamburgers, it's just that mine don't use meat. Looks the same and people who don't know that it's a tofu dog don't even notice, but it has no nitrates and all the other cancer causing shit that's in meat dogs. So it's healthier. And it doesn't involve abusing animals.

And you won't have rotting dead animals in your intestines every day. :D

Slaughtering animals is not abusing them. its slaughtering them.

and stop making me hungry with your rotting dead animals and talk of nitrates.

It has to do with the method of killing the animal. Danish law demands that all animals slaughtered for market be stunned first. Both halal and kosher mandate that the animal be fully conscious.

Is there a pleasant way for an animal to be deprived of its life?

Yes, digested and spit out by my anus.

Most meat in the US is killed "kosher" because its cheaper.

Captive bolt costs a penny per cow.

Forum List

Back