🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dennis Hastert Is Indicted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good!

He was Speaker of the House during the G.W. Bush Administration and I despise that gluttonous, arrogant bastard. I hope he is convicted, sent to prison, and dies there.
Evidently he failed to donate to the Clinton global initiative shell game.

Good!

He was Speaker of the House during the G.W. Bush Administration and I despise that gluttonous, arrogant bastard. I hope he is convicted, sent to prison, and dies there.
Just heard it announced ... couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. :happy-1:

The crime without a crime! Structuring is like civil forfeiture. It's a crime without there being any crime.

Sometimes it is more clear cut than other cases. If someone say withdraws 9900 dollars ten times in a row, that looks a lot more like structuring. Part of the problem is that sometimes it isn't nearly as clear cut, but that doesn't make it not legitimately a crime in other cases. But if he lied to the FBI or tried to bribe a potential witness (as the indictment indicates) they may get him completely separately from the structuring charge.

He can't possibly be bribing a potential witness. There's no alleged crime to be a witness to. I don't care if someone withdraws $9,900 50 times in a row. It's his money. He can burn it if he wants to.

The allegation is that this person has known Hastert the whole of his or her life. It sounds like a child. He's paid 3 1/2 million dollars over the years to an embarrassing kid.

These laws concerning structuring your own money or civil forfeiture to seize property have to go. No free people should have to live with these kinds of laws.

Would you be in favor of letting people withdraw over 10,000 and not having to file the paperwork also?

Good!

Can the violent stupid liberal say anything intelligent against the conservative philosophy or is meaningless violent personal attack his only ability??

Ol' Denny Hastert phukked-up...

He got caught...

Dumb-ass left too good a trail of bread-crumbs...

Not exactly the brightest crayon in the box...

Good!

The crime without a crime! Structuring is like civil forfeiture. It's a crime without there being any crime.

Sometimes it is more clear cut than other cases. If someone say withdraws 9900 dollars ten times in a row, that looks a lot more like structuring. Part of the problem is that sometimes it isn't nearly as clear cut, but that doesn't make it not legitimately a crime in other cases. But if he lied to the FBI or tried to bribe a potential witness (as the indictment indicates) they may get him completely separately from the structuring charge.

He can't possibly be bribing a potential witness. There's no alleged crime to be a witness to. I don't care if someone withdraws $9,900 50 times in a row. It's his money. He can burn it if he wants to.

The allegation is that this person has known Hastert the whole of his or her life. It sounds like a child. He's paid 3 1/2 million dollars over the years to an embarrassing kid.

These laws concerning structuring your own money or civil forfeiture to seize property have to go. No free people should have to live with these kinds of laws.

Would you be in favor of letting people withdraw over 10,000 and not having to file the paperwork also?
It's his own money! He shouldn't have to do anything more than fill out a withdrawal slip. No one should.

Of all states where a politician would be indicted, Illinois. Unreal. Next thing you know, FIFA execs will start getting arrested.

Good!

It's his own money! He shouldn't have to do anything more than fill out a withdrawal slip. No one should.

So you don't at all object to laws against structuring, you object to a whole host of laws used to stop tax evasion, money laundering, drug dealing, bribery, and organized crime.

Hastert expected to pay out $3.5 million.

And he lied to the FBI, too.

Betcha Coach Hastert pulled a Jerry Sandusky.

Regards from Rosie

Good!

Amazing that lefties think a guy withdrawing too much of his own money is a major deal, but Clintons taking big donations from foreign countries before favoring them in policies is a non-issue.

Yea, the guy withdrew big sums of money and was flagged because of some overreaching laws. He didn't steal it. This is right up there with people losing everything because of laws designed to catch drug dealers.

Good!

I agree! He was a dimwitted slug when he was Speaker. He also has other skeletons in his closet...

Is "lying to the FBI" an indictable offense? If it is, the federal prisons should be overflowing. Why wasn't Bill Clinton and his wife indicted for lying about the DNA on Monica's dress?

Good!

What makes me laugh is this scumbag tom delay and bush ran the country from 2000 to 2006 and they were so bad the house and senate went to nancy and harry and a black guy was elected instead of Bush's predecessors yet republicans refuse to accept blame for the 2007 great recession.

"Timmy, do you like to look at pictures of gladiators?"
- Coach Hastert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back