Dept. of Justice seize phone numbers even private calls from 100's of reporters

Between 2000 and 2008, republicans stood by silently and watched a great president be thoroughly reviled by degenerates in politics and in the press.

Now those same degenerates want to support and defend the most depraved and evil creature to ever hold office since Caligula ruled Rome.

Last edited:
And here we go...........
AP blasts feds for phone records search - CNN.com

Associated Press Phone Records Secretly Obtained by Justice Department | Video - ABC News

Justice Department obtains 2 months of AP phone records in probe - CBS News

Justice Department secretly probes Associated Press phone records - The Washington Post

Associated Press internal investigation...initial probes indicates possibly 100's of journalist and certainly thousands of sources and private individuals identified.
But it is OK folks...it is the Obama administration that did this - so no need to worry - move along...

Last edited:
Between 2000 and 2008, republicans stood by silently and watched a great president be thoroughly reviled by degenerates in politics and in the press.

Now those same degenerates want to support and defend the most depraved and evil creature to ever hold office since Caligula ruled Rome.

Stood by silently? Are you totally deaf or something?

Listening to modern-day Republican's distance themselves from George Bush is amusing. I'm reminded of some time I spent in Germany back in the 1970's. When I asked older Germans about Hitler, the universal response was, "Oh, I didn't support him. I was never a Nazi." If you believed them all, Hitler couldn't have been elected dog catcher because he had literally zero support from anybody.

Talking about Bush today is the same thing. How the hell did he get elected twice if every Republican opposed him?

No link....just heard on news.......Washington insiders are hearing rumors from Washington that within the week Eric Holder will resign.

No link....just heard on news.......Washington insiders are hearing rumors from Washington that within the week Eric Holder will resign.

That wouldn't be a surprise. He's been in the job now longer than most AG's and falling on his sword now would cut the legs out from under that "scandal."

Stood by silently? Are you totally deaf or something?

Listening to modern-day Republican's distance themselves from George Bush is amusing. I'm reminded of some time I spent in Germany back in the 1970's. When I asked older Germans about Hitler, the universal response was, "Oh, I didn't support him. I was never a Nazi." If you believed them all, Hitler couldn't have been elected dog catcher because he had literally zero support from anybody.

Talking about Bush today is the same thing. How the hell did he get elected twice if every Republican opposed him?

I voted for him both times, I wish he was back in office! So do many others....he wasn't perfect, but he wasn't a sneaky lying scumbag. Things were much better too. And besides, in 2000 he ran against Gore - one of the biggest assholes in the Democrat party and just about as big of a liar as Obama is. Then it was Kerry in 2004....which i almost had to laugh about because who in their right mind would elect a traitor to be head of our military.

Holder should resign. The JD has the authority to subpoena the records of the press. Such subpoenas must be narrow in scope and must be approved by the AG, himself. 2 months of phone records from more than 20 lines, including reporters' personal lines in 3 different cities is not a limited scope!
Besides, what Judge or Grand Jury signed off on such a subpoena???

That wouldn't be a surprise. He's been in the job now longer than most AG's and falling on his sword now would cut the legs out from under that "scandal."

by putting " " marks around scandal - tells everyone on this forum everything they need to know about the validity of your opinion.

NOTED.

Holder just stated he didn't know why the AP was not notified. The normal protocol is that the JD usually notifies a news organization PRIOR to obtaining their records. Holder should know, cause he would have had to sign off on a subpoena last year.
Holder needs to go in this total abuse of authority!

Holder just stated he didn't know why the AP was not notified. The normal protocol is that the JD usually notifies a news organization PRIOR to obtaining their records. Holder should know, cause he would have had to sign off on a subpoena last year.

What a frigging joke that pres conference was...

'I don't know why..."
"A letter the Deputy has written answers that....I will refer to him"
"Sometimes people don't follow the law...."
"I wasn't aware...."

yeah.

What a frigging joke that pres conference was...

'I don't know why..."
"A letter the Deputy has written answers that....I will refer to him"
"Sometimes people don't follow the law...."
"I wasn't aware...."

yeah.

Holder is so stupid for giving a press conference on a case he had to procedurally sign off on combined with recusing himself on.
:dig:

Harry Reid just left the rez on this case. He just denounced the seizure of AP records unequivically!

Holders getting his resignation pen ready.......

Just incredible.
I don't believe since FDR have Americans so blindly defended a Presidential administration.

Where were you between 2000 and 2008? Asleep?

thats a question I always ask when I post links to say the renewal of the pat act. , rendition, drone strikes galore with collateral damage or why whistle blowers and cindy sheehan were patriots then, and now? All I got was a yawn....

Oh and That mother of one of the men killed at Benghazi got lied to, straight to her face....go dip into one of the Benghazi threads here and see how thats working out...;)

I am not sure what the legalities here are, but, this is a wire tap of the press, not a private citizen or group, and yes that does make it different.

I have no love for the AP, so I don't have a dog in the fight other than to say, wow, and, from what I understand Holder had to have signed off on this according to the rules...

It's not a violation of the 1st Amendment. The GOP's pet project, the Patriot Act, made it legal. Remember that?

That does not make it not a violation of the 1st Amendment.

And, as I recall, I am the one that opposes the PATRIOT Act between the two of us.

Last edited:

Because this:

“The numerous national-security leaks reportedly originating out of the executive branch in recent months have been stunning,” they wrote to Holder.
“If true, they reveal details of some of our nation’s most highly classified and sensitive military and intelligence matters, thereby risking our national security, as well as the lives of American citizens and our allies. If there were ever a case requiring an outside special counsel with bipartisan acceptance and widespread public trust, this is it,” they wrote.

Certainly is the same thing as ‘go put blanket wiretaps on the media without informing them.’

That’s what happens when you get your information from hyper partisan blogs, you end up with crap for information. Try not having others think for you.

Forum List

Back