Dershowitz Is Insane

Bruce Daniels

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2020
I used to respect Alan Dershowitz. Not any more.

He argued that a President can do pretty much ANYTHING to get himself re-elected, as long as he thinks it's for the good of the country. Please tell me: has ANY President or Presidential candidate ever believed that his (or her) election would be bad for the country? Of course not. Therefore, Dershowitz is arguing that any President can do anything to get re-elected (or, perhaps, elected to begin with). This is utter insanity, and inanity.

Dershowitz has been gone for quite a while.

He argued that a President can do pretty much ANYTHING to get himself re-elected, as long as he thinks it's for the good of the country. Please tell me: has ANY President or Presidential candidate ever believed that his (or her) election would be bad for the country? Of course not. Therefore, Dershowitz is arguing that any President can do anything to get re-elected (or, perhaps, elected to begin with). This is utter insanity, and inanity.
If you remember what Dershowitz was saying during Bill Clinton's impeachment, you would agree that he has been pretty consistent.

What I noticed during the senate trial is that no one sets the record straight as to what the real facts are?!
1. Nadler says one thing and Dershowitz the other, several instances
2. Schiff says one thing and the defense the exact opposite, many instances
3. Either the senators know who is lying, or they don't and just vote their party?!

If you remember what Dershowitz was saying during Bill Clinton's impeachment, you would agree that he has been pretty consistent.

Dershowitz acknowledges flip-flop on 1998 comments in Clinton impeachment
snip

Dershowitz argued in 1998 during the Clinton impeachment that a president doesn't have to commit a "technical crime," such as abuse of power, in order for it rise to an impeachable offense. However, he has said in Trump's defense that the framers intended for impeachable conduct to mean "criminal-like conduct."

He said in 1998: "It certainly doesn't have to be a crime. If you have somebody who completely corrupts the office of president and who abuses trust and who posses great danger to our liberty, you don't need a technical crime."
Dershowitz acknowledges flip-flop on 1998 comments in Clinton impeachment
------------------------------------------------------

well when you're talking to an extreme mindset that feels they can do whatever they want to "get even" for losing an election, you tend to have to speak in extreme terms.

What I noticed during the senate trial is that no one sets the record straight as to what the real facts are?!
1. Nadler says one thing and Dershowitz the other, several instances
2. Schiff says one thing and the defense the exact opposite, many instances
3. Either the senators know who is lying, or they don't and just vote their party?!
During the opening statement day 1 and 2 for the president’s counsel, they did present facts and read and played testimony. They have continued to present facts, most questions dealt with Constitutionality or just a repeat of everything.

Last edited:

well when you're talking to an extreme mindset that feels they can do whatever they want to "get even" for losing an election, you tend to have to speak in extreme terms.

Damn. You really can rationalize anything. You are absolutely prepared to give Trump a pass for any act because he sees it as necessary.

Buckle up folks. We’ve got a lot of people ready to toss in the towel on the rule of law. It’s gonna be a rocky year.

Damn. You really can rationalize anything. You are absolutely prepared to give Trump a pass for any act because he sees it as necessary.

Buckle up folks. We’ve got a lot of people ready to toss in the towel on the rule of law. It’s gonna be a rocky year.
i'm not prepared to give anyone a pass. however, you do seem to feel that since you hate trump, anything you do to satiate that emotion is valid. after obama's admin FISA abuse, hillary getting a pass on deleting evidence, obama's treatment of the press many refuse to believe, busted for spying on congress and so much more - you ain't got SHIT to talk about when it comes to looking the other way.

buckle up folks. the idiots don't believe they are idiots. again.

Dershowitz has been gone for quite a while.
Ya when he helped that thug OJ, that sealed it for me
he was hired to do a job and he did it. or are you saying that if you happen to feel someone is guilty they deserve no rights under our system?

that mindset is far too common these days. it needs to get the fuck out of here. take it with you, please.

i'm not prepared to give anyone a pass. however, you do seem to feel that since you hate trump, anything you do to satiate that emotion is valid. after obama's admin FISA abuse, hillary getting a pass on deleting evidence, obama's treatment of the press many refuse to believe, busted for spying on congress and so much more - you ain't got SHIT to talk about when it comes to looking the other way.

Yet Dershowitz voted for Hillary and Obama. Now he is your hero?

Yet Dershowitz voted for Hillary and Obama. Now he is your hero?
god damn you just make shit up and go extreme.

where did i say shit about dershowitz? why do you and every assmuncher like you have to put everything into an extreme form?

oh yea. cause you're an assmuncher.

Congrats for blowing what he said WAY out of context.

For instance, he did not say it is ok for a candidate to collude with a known, lying, partisan, agenda-driven, foreign spy to acquire Russian-authored Counter-Intelligence propaganda to use to win an election.

He did not say it is ok to commit FISA Court abuses - to lie, withhold evidence, alter official documents, manufacture evidence, and illegally spy on candidates.

FAIL.

Forum List

Back