Dershowitz Is Insane

I used to respect Alan Dershowitz. Not any more.

He argued that a President can do pretty much ANYTHING to get himself re-elected, as long as he thinks it's for the good of the country. Please tell me: has ANY President or Presidential candidate ever believed that his (or her) election would be bad for the country? Of course not. Therefore, Dershowitz is arguing that any President can do anything to get re-elected (or, perhaps, elected to begin with). This is utter insanity, and inanity.
No he didn't.

Dershowitz was making the uncontroversial point that executive acts a president subjectively believes are in the national interest do not become impeachable just because the president simultaneously believes such acts will help him politically.

Dershowitz was explicit that presidents are not above the law, and that they may be impeached for criminal acts. See here

He skillfully refuted the unworkable theory advanced by Democrats — a dangerous theory because of the partisan abuse of Congress’s impeachment power that it invites, to wit: A president may properly be impeached for what objectively appear to be legitimate exercises of his constitutional prerogatives if Congress — in particular, the president’s partisan opposition — decides the president was “corruptly” motivated to achieve some personal political advantage.

The Constitution vests a president with nigh-plenary authority over the conduct of foreign relations, and all presidents who hope to be reelected execute their official duties with an eye toward their political standing just as all senators and representatives do.

On the matter of impeachment, the dispositive issue is always whether the acts in question are justifiable. If they are, a president cannot properly be impeached just because his critics think he had a dirty mind in taking them. If they are not justifiable, corrupt motive is obviously relevant, but the question of whether a president should be impeached and removed will hinge on how seriously wrong the acts are — in conception, execution, and consequence.

Historically, this high burden in the Senate has stopped the House from invoking impeachment over misconduct that is not sufficiently grave. This has prevented impeachments driven by partisan spite. We can certainly hope that the Senate’s imminent acquittal of President Trump will serve to restore that norm.

Supposedly, Trump pressured Ukraine to investigate Burisma and Hunter Biden because he's concerned about corruption. Corruption exists in many countries. How many other corrupt countries has Trump expressed concern about? In fact, recently it was revealed that Trump wanted to repeal a prohibition on U.S. companies paying bribes because he believes that it puts the U.S. at a disadvantage. It seems pretty clear that Trump doesn't give a damn about corruption, in Ukraine or anywhere else. He just wanted to get some dirt on Joe Biden, perhaps his biggest political rival. If you want to talk about corruption, there it is.
Like any American voter gives a damn if Ukraine investigates someone. The whole thing was a pathetic attempt to overturn a past election and strip the sitting President off the ballot in this election.
You don't get it. Trump trying to get Ukraine to investigate Biden wasn't because any American voters would care about the results. But ANY investigation would make Biden look bad, and give Trump a better chance of being re-elected. And no, the "whole thing" (I assume you mean impeachment) wasn't about overturning the last election. It was about a President abusing the power of his office in an attempt to ensure his re-election, which is what happened. But you know what? People that hate Trump vote, too.

all donny was interested in was the 'announcement' on CNN by zelinsky.
Oh, so you are mind-reading Trump again declaring his thoughts to be horrid, why, even so ghastly that he should be removed from office! Weird how that didn't sell to the Juryl

So, give me a link to this Fake News CNN announcement you are rambling on about.

AP Exclusive: Woman who says Trump raped her seeks his DNA
By JENNIFER PELTZJanuary 30, 2020 GMT

NEW YORK (AP) — Lawyers for a woman who accuses President Donald Trump of raping her in the 1990s are asking for a DNA sample, seeking to determine whether his genetic material is on a dress she says she wore during the encounter.

Advice columnist E. Jean Carroll’s lawyers served notice to a Trump attorney Thursday for Trump to submit a sample on March 2 in Washington for “analysis and comparison against unidentified male DNA present on the dress.”

Carroll filed a defamation suit against Trump in November after the president denied her allegation, saying he didn’t know and had never even met her. Her lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, then had the black wool coat-style dress tested. A lab report with the legal notice says DNA found in skin cells on the outer surface of the sleeves was a mix of at least four people, at least one of them male.

Several other people were tested and eliminated as possible contributors to the mix, according to the lab report, which was obtained by The Associated Press. Their names are redacted, but the report indicates they were involved in a photo shoot where she wore the dress last year, the only time Carroll says she has donned the dress since the alleged assault.

“Unidentified male DNA on the dress could prove that Donald Trump not only knows who I am, but also that he violently assaulted me in a dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman and then defamed me by lying about it and impugning my character,” Carroll said in a statement Thursday.

The White House and Trump’s lawyer have not responded to a request for comment.
[...]

Inline_2957347_3.4.jpg

You have to be high, SKIN CELLS??????? Walk down any NY sidewalk and you could get skin cells form a thousand contributors. Some would likely be secondary transfer. Hell you can pick up skin cells in a damn taxi. Skin cells prove nothing.

they would prove whether donny - who claims to not know her at all - was in close contact with her. i am not saying it was him, but he can be sued & may just hafta give up some DNA. given his track record for the last 4 decades, is it that unreasonable to think he isn't completely innocent?

c'mon...

No decent judge would ever issue a warrant based on a dress from something that might have happened 30 years ago. There's no provable chain of custody. For any knows the gal paid someone to wear it to a function that Trump might have attended in the last year. There's no way to prove when a skin cell could have been obtained. You're rooting for the gal because you hate Trump, but use your damn brain, the gal has no case.

Dershowitz would make very short work of that if some idiot prosecutor was dumb enough to try to charge a case like that. They found 3 female DNA samples on the dress. How did they get there?

you either didn't bother to read the article or failed at comprehending it b4 replying.

it didn't say any of the samples were definitively female. it said of the four not eliminated
( others that were eliminated were the photo shoot people ) the lab report only said that one was definitively male. the other 3 didn't specify one way or the other.
She wore this dress to a photo-shoot AFTER the alleged assault? How did she get there? Walk down a crowded street, ride the bus, get into a cab that had transported how many people since the last time it was sanitized?

NEW YORK (AP) — Lawyers for a woman who accuses President Donald Trump of raping her in the 1990s are asking for a DNA sample, seeking to determine whether his genetic material is on a dress she says she wore during the encounter.

Advice columnist E. Jean Carroll’s lawyers served notice to a Trump attorney Thursday for Trump to submit a sample on March 2 in Washington for “analysis and comparison against unidentified male DNA present on the dress.”

Carroll filed a defamation suit against Trump in November after the president denied her allegation, saying he didn’t know and had never even met her. Her lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, then had the black wool coat-style dress tested. A lab report with the legal notice says DNA found in skin cells on the outer surface of the sleeves was a mix of at least four people, at least one of them male.

Several other people were tested and eliminated as possible contributors to the mix, according to the lab report, which was obtained by The Associated Press. Their names are redacted, but the report indicates they were involved in a photo shoot where she wore the dress last year, the only time Carroll says she has donned the dress since the alleged assault.

“Unidentified male DNA on the dress could prove that Donald Trump not only knows who I am, but also that he violently assaulted me in a dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman and then defamed me by lying about it and impugning my character,” Carroll said in a statement Thursday.

[...]

Inline_2957347_3.4.jpg

You have to be high, SKIN CELLS??????? Walk down any NY sidewalk and you could get skin cells form a thousand contributors. Some would likely be secondary transfer. Hell you can pick up skin cells in a damn taxi. Skin cells prove nothing.

they would prove whether donny - who claims to not know her at all - was in close contact with her. i am not saying it was him, but he can be sued & may just hafta give up some DNA. given his track record for the last 4 decades, is it that unreasonable to think he isn't completely innocent?

c'mon...

No decent judge would ever issue a warrant based on a dress from something that might have happened 30 years ago. There's no provable chain of custody. For any knows the gal paid someone to wear it to a function that Trump might have attended in the last year. There's no way to prove when a skin cell could have been obtained. You're rooting for the gal because you hate Trump, but use your damn brain, the gal has no case.

lol... for fuck's sake, kitty - show some dignity. she is suing him for defamation & it certainly can be determined if them thar skin cells were recent (like the 3 from the photo shoot) or aged. now - if they were mango colored, you might have a point - but apparently they aren't, so that means they could have been from years ago since donny wasn't the obsessive spray tan cretin back then; & that defamation suit isn't the first one in the pipeline.

summer zervos' lawsuit is still very much active, despite donny's efforts to delay.

Trump gets woman's suit delayed until NY top court weighs in

So how does she claim this classic he said, she said has harmed her? You know she has to demonstrate financial harm to even have standing, right?

He argued that a President can do pretty much ANYTHING to get himself re-elected, as long as he thinks it's for the good of the country. Please tell me: has ANY President or Presidential candidate ever believed that his (or her) election would be bad for the country? Of course not. Therefore, Dershowitz is arguing that any President can do anything to get re-elected (or, perhaps, elected to begin with). This is utter insanity, and inanity.

No, he said it in the context of actions that were not otherwise criminal. Obviously, if the president's actions constitute crimes under federal law, pursuant to U.S. Code (bribery, extortion, obstruction of justice, etc), then those acts would be properly impeachable. There is a significant difference there, which hopefully you're able to appreciate.

yes.

GAO finds Trump administration broke law by withholding Ukraine aid
By Olivia Beavers and Rebecca Klar - 01/16/20 10:06 AM EST
GAO finds Trump administration broke law by withholding Ukraine aid

The Impoundment Control Act of 1974: What Is It? Why Does It Matter?
Oct 23, 2019
Download PDF

What is the Impoundment Control Act?
The Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 (ICA) reasserted Congress’ power of the purse. Specifically, Title X of the Act – “Impoundment Control” – established procedures to prevent the President and other government officials from unilaterally substituting their own funding decisions for those of the Congress. The Act also created the House and Senate Budget Committees and the Congressional Budget Office.

Why was the ICA necessary?
Congress passed the ICA in response to President Nixon’s executive overreach – his Administration refused to release Congressionally appropriated funds for certain programs he opposed. While the U.S. Constitution broadly grants Congress the power of the purse, the President – through the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and executive agencies – is responsible for the actual spending of funds. The ICA created a process the President must follow if he or she seeks to delay or cancel funding that Congress has provided.

What does it mean to ‘impound’ funds?
An “impoundment” is any action – or inaction – by an officer or employee of the federal government that precludes federal funds from being obligated[1] or spent, either temporarily or permanently.

How does the ICA work?
The ICA lays out procedures the President must follow to reduce, delay, or eliminate funding in an account. The Act divides impoundments into two categories: rescissions and deferrals.
[...]
The Impoundment Control Act of 1974: What Is It? Why Does It Matter?

donny didn't go thru protocol.

CONCLUSION OMB violated the ICA when it withheld DOD’s USAI funds from obligation for policy reasons. This impoundment of budget authority was not a programmatic delay.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/710/703909.pdf

And??????????? IF he violated the act, it's a civil offense, not criminal. Any more bogus claims you wish to assert?

it wouldn't matter, little kitten, 'cause the bar y'all deplorables set for donny is lower than a cockroach's belly.

Poor thing, is deflection all you got?

that isn't a deflection, it's straight up fact. you're living proof of what donny says about his voters, pussy cat; just by your die hard defense of anything donny says or does.

you love him to pieces, don't you?

yaaaaaaa....................... that's the ticket.

Poor little commie, when you suddenly change the topic, for no apparent reason, it's a deflection. You commies are good at that when your losing.

dershowitz also defended the likes of mike tyson & jim bakker.

well now, isn't that special? looks like dershowitz is the scum that scum gets when it really gets scummy.

And the hildabitch defended a child rapist. I defended her for that, every defendant deserves the best defense they can get. That's how the system is supposed to work. Do you disagree?

nope i don't disagree. every one is entitled to a defense per the constitution. but did you know that she tried to get out of it? that she requested to be removed from the case but the judge said no - she must stay on that case?

Ask FactCheck
Clinton’s 1975 Rape Case
By Ilana Nathans
Posted on June 17, 2016 | Updated on October 19, 2016
[...]
In her book “Living History,” Clinton recalls that Mahlon Gibson, a Washington County prosecutor, told her that the accused rapist “wanted a woman lawyer” to defend him, and that Gibson had recommended Clinton to Judge Maupin Cummings. “I told Mahlon I really didn’t feel comfortable taking on such a client, but Mahlon gently reminded me that I couldn’t very well refuse the judge’s request.”

Gibson corroborated Clinton’s story in a 2014 interview with CNN.

CNN, June 25, 2014: Gibson said Clinton called him shortly after the judge assigned her to the case and said, “I don’t want to represent this guy. I just can’t stand this. I don’t want to get involved. Can you get me off?”

“I told her, ‘Well contact the judge and see what he says about it,’ but I also said don’t jump on him and make him mad,” Gibson said. “She contacted the judge and the judge didn’t remove her and she stayed on the case.”

In a separate 2014 interview, Clinton said she had an “obligation” to represent Taylor. “I had a professional duty to represent my client to the best of my ability, which I did,” she said.
Clinton's 1975 Rape Case

dershowitz is only interested in one thing - cash; & only the high profile ones with unlimited funds is the ones he takes.

LMAO, AND!!!!!!?

So I'm assuming you will be fine when a Democrat president withholds aid to other countries and tries to strong arm them into digging up dirt on his political rivals. Am I right?

No, but that is not what Trump did.

Would you be fine the next time the House is majority Republican impeaching a Democrat president without evidence...just hearsay? Careful, Obama was accused of much worse and the Republicans didn't impeach him because they couldn't prove the charges. Democrats don't seem to care about proof.

it is not hearsay. vindman was a first person witness in on that not so perfect call.

why won't donny let his 'men' testify? why wont he cough up any docs? why is he afraid?

& why was cippolone who bolton said was in on the shake down allowed to be counsel for donny? why was pam bondi- who took a cash buy off - to close down donny's university lawsuit allowed on his team?

cause he is dirty dirty dirty filthy dirty & it will catch up to him & the rest of his flying monkeys.

I think history will have something to say about this that won't be good.

But I'm more worried about precedents and an awful lot of unchecked power going to the executive. Our government depends on a system of checks and balances and it's being eroded before our eyes.

Not that he SHOULD have been removed from office, after all the other two impeached presidents weren't - but we should have heard from witnesses.

It also relies on those doing the checking to do it honestly not just as partisans.

donny won't release his flying monkeys to testify nor will cough up any docs. THAT is partisan.

Poor commie, you do know there's a process for that, right?

c'mon...

Dershowitz would make very short work of that if some idiot prosecutor was dumb enough to try to charge a case like that. They found 3 female DNA samples on the dress. How did they get there?

For all anyone knows she loaned the dress to someone else, ya just never know. That's why no judge would ever issue a warrant for DNA base on that story. 25-30 years is a long time, DNA degrades over time.

this is a civil case, not a criminal one. the 'burden' is much lower & there is no beyond a reasonable doubt; only the preponderance of the evidence to be proven.

And? She still has to demonstrate financial harm.

well now, isn't that special? looks like dershowitz is the scum that scum gets when it really gets scummy.

And the hildabitch defended a child rapist. I defended her for that, every defendant deserves the best defense they can get. That's how the system is supposed to work. Do you disagree?

I agree that every defendant should get the best defense possible. Unfortunately, that usually means the best defense that money can buy. I wonder how much pro bono work Dershowitz does? Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, too.

Dershowitz said as far as he knew he wasn't being paid by the Trump defense team, but he said if he was, it would go the charity.

who paid rudy for all his investigations into ukraine?

What does that have to do with Dershowitz?

Easy thinks I'm going to play his little game of "Now I've got you, you son-of-a-bitch". I'm not that easily distracted.
No, DL - you don't have a clue. There is no 'little game' Your being an unrepentant, habitual liar who knows no shame is NOT 'a game'. It's pathetic. You were exposed, like Schiff, for blatantly lying your ass off, and when you were called on it you ran...and you continue to run. You KNOW you lied, as you always do, and you refuse to admit it. There is no 'game' to play.

I told you, I don't care what you say anymore because nothing you say can be trusted. You've proven you will never admit it. The funny thing is you think by refusing to admit you lied you think you are saving face / saving some miniscule amount of credibility you think you still have.

Instead, YOU just keep attacking ME, as if I FORCED you to lie. No, I was just the one who proved you lied and called you out. I \want you to 'play a game'? No, I just want you to go away, LIAR. If you're talking to me anymore after this then you're talking to YOURSELF. I have no more time to waste on pathological liars like you than I do for those like Schiff.

I find you calling me a liar to be laughable. I also understand that Russian media is now bragging that Russia got Trump elected.

What happened to all of that evidence you had on Hillary Clinton? She was going to jail. All those links to Russian media said so? Trump had Prosecutor Huber investigating all things Clinton. And the Senate investigated her emails. And Judicial Watch was going after the Clinton Foundation. Three years later, crickets.

But Trump's Foundation has been shut down and order to repay the millions Trump stole from veterans groups. Trump has been impeached, and even as Senators will vote for his acquittal, they admit he's guilty.

Your orange clown has been exposed. The curtain has been pulled back. Americans won't get fooled again.

I also understand that Russian media is now bragging that Russia got Trump elected

Well, if the Russians are doing anything, we can always trust that YOU, Hillary, and Barry are the 1sts to know...comrade.

:p

Congrats for blowing what he said WAY out of context.

For instance, he did not say it is ok for a candidate to collude with a known, lying, partisan, agenda-driven, foreign spy to acquire Russian-authored Counter-Intelligence propaganda to use to win an election.

He did not say it is ok to commit FISA Court abuses - to lie, withhold evidence, alter official documents, manufacture evidence, and illegally spy on candidates.

FAIL.
yea, you'd NEVER do that, would you? :)

BREAKING NEWS man.
If you can't win by making your case to the people, if you can't sell YOURSELF, you don't deserve to win.

Democrats attempted to steal the entire 2016 election, like they stole their Primary. Now their trying to steal the 2020 election, just like their stealing their 2020 Primary again. They can't beat Trump - they know it. That's what all of this is about.

They know that they can't beat Trump
They are trying to win back the Senate - while knowing they are probably are going to lose at least 2 Dem Seats in the process.

there are at least twice as many (R) senate seats up this year compared to (D)s... that was the opposite in 2018 & (D)s won the house back for 2 reasons. healthcare & impeachment. the town halls wre amazing & lotsa people showed up.

donny is already talking about cutting medicare, medicaid & social security whilst the (D)s sure aren't. the (D)s might have the majority in congress & if trump is prez - he will shirley be a goner. he gets booted & NYS will go after him in no time. he's afraid alright. he better be.

Lol.....Dershowitz will forever be remembered as the guy that dropped the final MOAB on the DUMS with the impeachment. Of course, the haters will say he is insane......because they lOsT.:113:
Yep the dershowitz doctrine will be remembered as the beginning of totalitarianism in America.

Only by the k00ks.....nobody thinks that except the hyper- haters:113:

if trump walked down the middle of 5th ave & shot somebody, would he... SHOULD he be held accountable?

Depends on if it's justified or not.

No. It depends on what part of the social spectrum he is on. The Left is always innocent and well intentioned, the Right is always guilty and malicious.

<pfffft> oh please - what an extreme & stupid thing to say.

c'mon...

For all anyone knows she loaned the dress to someone else, ya just never know. That's why no judge would ever issue a warrant for DNA base on that story. 25-30 years is a long time, DNA degrades over time.

this is a civil case, not a criminal one. the 'burden' is much lower & there is no beyond a reasonable doubt; only the preponderance of the evidence to be proven.
So, she's just after money? That should convince a jury!

just

after money?

:auiqs.jpg:

you're an idiot.

Congrats for blowing what he said WAY out of context.

For instance, he did not say it is ok for a candidate to collude with a known, lying, partisan, agenda-driven, foreign spy to acquire Russian-authored Counter-Intelligence propaganda to use to win an election.

He did not say it is ok to commit FISA Court abuses - to lie, withhold evidence, alter official documents, manufacture evidence, and illegally spy on candidates.

FAIL.
yea, you'd NEVER do that, would you? :)

BREAKING NEWS man.
If you can't win by making your case to the people, if you can't sell YOURSELF, you don't deserve to win.

Democrats attempted to steal the entire 2016 election, like they stole their Primary. Now their trying to steal the 2020 election, just like their stealing their 2020 Primary again. They can't beat Trump - they know it. That's what all of this is about.

They know that they can't beat Trump
They are trying to win back the Senate - while knowing they are probably are going to lose at least 2 Dem Seats in the process.

there are at least twice as many (R) senate seats up this year compared to (D)s... that was the opposite in 2018 & (D)s won the house back for 2 reasons. healthcare & impeachment. the town halls wre amazing & lotsa people showed up.

donny is already talking about cutting medicare, medicaid & social security whilst the (D)s sure aren't. the (D)s might have the majority in congress & if trump is prez - he will shirley be a goner. he gets booted & NYS will go after him in no time. he's afraid alright. he better be.

Who is Shirley?

Easy thinks I'm going to play his little game of "Now I've got you, you son-of-a-bitch". I'm not that easily distracted.
No, DL - you don't have a clue. There is no 'little game' Your being an unrepentant, habitual liar who knows no shame is NOT 'a game'. It's pathetic. You were exposed, like Schiff, for blatantly lying your ass off, and when you were called on it you ran...and you continue to run. You KNOW you lied, as you always do, and you refuse to admit it. There is no 'game' to play.

I told you, I don't care what you say anymore because nothing you say can be trusted. You've proven you will never admit it. The funny thing is you think by refusing to admit you lied you think you are saving face / saving some miniscule amount of credibility you think you still have.

Instead, YOU just keep attacking ME, as if I FORCED you to lie. No, I was just the one who proved you lied and called you out. I \want you to 'play a game'? No, I just want you to go away, LIAR. If you're talking to me anymore after this then you're talking to YOURSELF. I have no more time to waste on pathological liars like you than I do for those like Schiff.

I find you calling me a liar to be laughable. I also understand that Russian media is now bragging that Russia got Trump elected.

What happened to all of that evidence you had on Hillary Clinton? She was going to jail. All those links to Russian media said so? Trump had Prosecutor Huber investigating all things Clinton. And the Senate investigated her emails. And Judicial Watch was going after the Clinton Foundation. Three years later, crickets.

But Trump's Foundation has been shut down and order to repay the millions Trump stole from veterans groups. Trump has been impeached, and even as Senators will vote for his acquittal, they admit he's guilty.

Your orange clown has been exposed. The curtain has been pulled back. Americans won't get fooled again.

I can't decide on the liar part myself.
Most of the things that you write are so ridiculous that you may simply not know the truth.
To be a liar, you have to know that you are wrong.
You may simply be incredibly stupid.

No he didn't.

Dershowitz was making the uncontroversial point that executive acts a president subjectively believes are in the national interest do not become impeachable just because the president simultaneously believes such acts will help him politically.

Dershowitz was explicit that presidents are not above the law, and that they may be impeached for criminal acts. See here

He skillfully refuted the unworkable theory advanced by Democrats — a dangerous theory because of the partisan abuse of Congress’s impeachment power that it invites, to wit: A president may properly be impeached for what objectively appear to be legitimate exercises of his constitutional prerogatives if Congress — in particular, the president’s partisan opposition — decides the president was “corruptly” motivated to achieve some personal political advantage.

The Constitution vests a president with nigh-plenary authority over the conduct of foreign relations, and all presidents who hope to be reelected execute their official duties with an eye toward their political standing just as all senators and representatives do.

On the matter of impeachment, the dispositive issue is always whether the acts in question are justifiable. If they are, a president cannot properly be impeached just because his critics think he had a dirty mind in taking them. If they are not justifiable, corrupt motive is obviously relevant, but the question of whether a president should be impeached and removed will hinge on how seriously wrong the acts are — in conception, execution, and consequence.

Historically, this high burden in the Senate has stopped the House from invoking impeachment over misconduct that is not sufficiently grave. This has prevented impeachments driven by partisan spite. We can certainly hope that the Senate’s imminent acquittal of President Trump will serve to restore that norm.

Supposedly, Trump pressured Ukraine to investigate Burisma and Hunter Biden because he's concerned about corruption. Corruption exists in many countries. How many other corrupt countries has Trump expressed concern about? In fact, recently it was revealed that Trump wanted to repeal a prohibition on U.S. companies paying bribes because he believes that it puts the U.S. at a disadvantage. It seems pretty clear that Trump doesn't give a damn about corruption, in Ukraine or anywhere else. He just wanted to get some dirt on Joe Biden, perhaps his biggest political rival. If you want to talk about corruption, there it is.
Like any American voter gives a damn if Ukraine investigates someone. The whole thing was a pathetic attempt to overturn a past election and strip the sitting President off the ballot in this election.
You don't get it. Trump trying to get Ukraine to investigate Biden wasn't because any American voters would care about the results. But ANY investigation would make Biden look bad, and give Trump a better chance of being re-elected. And no, the "whole thing" (I assume you mean impeachment) wasn't about overturning the last election. It was about a President abusing the power of his office in an attempt to ensure his re-election, which is what happened. But you know what? People that hate Trump vote, too.

all donny was interested in was the 'announcement' on CNN by zelinsky.
Oh, so you are mind-reading Trump again declaring his thoughts to be horrid, why, even so ghastly that he should be removed from office! Weird how that didn't sell to the Juryl

So, give me a link to this Fake News CNN announcement you are rambling on about.

not fake.

fact:

Trump Pressed Ukraine’s President to Act Out a Fake News Script, Live on CNN
Robert Mackey
October 23 2019, 8:05 p.m.
Before agreeing to release nearly $400 million in military assistance to Ukraine, President Donald Trump extorted a promise from his Ukrainian counterpart, Volodymyr Zelensky, to appear on American television and act out a script prepared for him by Trump’s aides, the top American diplomat in Ukraine, Bill Taylor, told the House impeachment inquiry [ * ] on Tuesday.

The scene a desperate Zelensky finally agreed to perform would have been the very definition of fake news: a dramatic announcement by the Ukrainian president, during a CNN interview, that he was opening criminal investigations on Joe Biden’s family and other Democrats.

The plot, which would have duped American voters into believing that there was some substance to a debunked conspiracy theory about Biden’s work in Ukraine as vice president, came very close to working.
Trump Wanted Ukraine’s President to Smear Biden on CNN

* pages 11 & 12 of ambassador's testimony under oath:

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...ement/71cb2f887efc7eb76629/optimized/full.pdf

yer welcome for the education.

c'mon...

you either didn't bother to read the article or failed at comprehending it b4 replying.

it didn't say any of the samples were definitively female. it said of the four not eliminated
( others that were eliminated were the photo shoot people ) the lab report only said that one was definitively male. the other 3 didn't specify one way or the other.
She wore this dress to a photo-shoot AFTER the alleged assault? How did she get there? Walk down a crowded street, ride the bus, get into a cab that had transported how many people since the last time it was sanitized?

are you really that dumb or are you playing full tilt retard?

[...]

Inline_2957347_3.4.jpg

c'mon...

lol... for fuck's sake, kitty - show some dignity. she is suing him for defamation & it certainly can be determined if them thar skin cells were recent (like the 3 from the photo shoot) or aged. now - if they were mango colored, you might have a point - but apparently they aren't, so that means they could have been from years ago since donny wasn't the obsessive spray tan cretin back then; & that defamation suit isn't the first one in the pipeline.

summer zervos' lawsuit is still very much active, despite donny's efforts to delay.

Trump gets woman's suit delayed until NY top court weighs in

So how does she claim this classic he said, she said has harmed her? You know she has to demonstrate financial harm to even have standing, right?

nice try meow meow but uh - no she doesn't.

Damages in a Defamation Case

& zervos has phone records, so it's a little more like - what she said can be confirmed & what he said was a fucking lie.

nope i don't disagree. every one is entitled to a defense per the constitution. but did you know that she tried to get out of it? that she requested to be removed from the case but the judge said no - she must stay on that case?

Ask FactCheck
Clinton’s 1975 Rape Case
By Ilana Nathans
Posted on June 17, 2016 | Updated on October 19, 2016
[...]
In her book “Living History,” Clinton recalls that Mahlon Gibson, a Washington County prosecutor, told her that the accused rapist “wanted a woman lawyer” to defend him, and that Gibson had recommended Clinton to Judge Maupin Cummings. “I told Mahlon I really didn’t feel comfortable taking on such a client, but Mahlon gently reminded me that I couldn’t very well refuse the judge’s request.”

Gibson corroborated Clinton’s story in a 2014 interview with CNN.

CNN, June 25, 2014: Gibson said Clinton called him shortly after the judge assigned her to the case and said, “I don’t want to represent this guy. I just can’t stand this. I don’t want to get involved. Can you get me off?”

“I told her, ‘Well contact the judge and see what he says about it,’ but I also said don’t jump on him and make him mad,” Gibson said. “She contacted the judge and the judge didn’t remove her and she stayed on the case.”

In a separate 2014 interview, Clinton said she had an “obligation” to represent Taylor. “I had a professional duty to represent my client to the best of my ability, which I did,” she said.
Clinton's 1975 Rape Case

dershowitz is only interested in one thing - cash; & only the high profile ones with unlimited funds is the ones he takes.

LMAO, AND!!!!!!?

it means that he is scum who ethically can turn down cases but chooses not to. he doesn't need the cash. just like i said at the beginning of yer silly debate that everyone deserves a lawyer. i never said otherwise. what i said was it takes a certain kind of scum to WANT to represent other scum - like donny.

Forum List

Back