Dershowitz: ‘You Cannot Charge a President With Obstruction for Exercising His Constitutional Power’

So the president is above the law ?
According to the man in the op he is because Hillary is and anyone who isn't a peon is.

I saw him on Fox News tonight and that was his message. Politicians, if high enough, are above the law.

And he didn't mean it as a slur, he was speaking from the heart.

Scum
No, according to Dershowitz, the constitution which is the law gives the president the authority to do certain things such as firing cabinet memembers and their subordinates. Following the law in excercising his power is not obstructing the law.

The constitution gives the president a bunch of authority. The constitution is the highest law of the land. Following that law by definition is not being above the law.
He has the power to fire his cabinet members just like Nixon, he doesn't have the right to abuse his power..... in Nixon's articles of impeachment he was not only charged with obstruction, he was charged with "Abuse of Power", so although the president has the right to hire and fire among many things he has the power to do, but he can't ABUSE that power.....as example, he can't simply fire the FBI Director investigating him or his wife or his son or his campaign manager or in this case investigating his national security advisor, for committing a crime....That would be an ABUSE of his power.

There is no crime in the federal registry called "abuse of power." Congress can impeach a president for anything. They can use actual criminal statutes as a basis, or they can make things up. They can impeach him for having bad taste if they like, Impeachment is a political process, not a legal process.

They're a little obsessed. That's fine. Third grade was many years ago, and I had enough of that stuff.

Whatever you want to call me, I'm honest, and I'm comfy in my opinions. The rest, I don't care. This is an internet message board, that's it.
This might sound weird but I do believe you are honest with us. I'm just not sure you'r honest with yourself.
Well, that could be.
I'm Dr Phill in disguise.

That'll be 199.99

Just send it to drunkdumbasseswhoplayrockmusiconapoliticsforum.com
Check's in the mail, brother.

They always had such a metallic sound to their guitars. Here's another German band, very similar in guitar tone:

According to the man in the op he is because Hillary is and anyone who isn't a peon is.

I saw him on Fox News tonight and that was his message. Politicians, if high enough, are above the law.

Scum
No, according to Dershowitz, the constitution which is the law gives the president the authority to do certain things such as firing cabinet memembers and their subordinates. Following the law in excercising his power is not obstructing the law.

The constitution gives the president a bunch of authority. The constitution is the highest law of the land. Following that law by definition is not being above the law.
He has the power to fire his cabinet members just like Nixon, he doesn't have the right to abuse his power..... in Nixon's articles of impeachment he was not only charged with obstruction, he was charged with "Abuse of Power", so although the president has the right to hire and fire among many things he has the power to do, but he can't ABUSE that power.....as example, he can't simply fire the FBI Director investigating him or his wife or his son or his campaign manager or in this case investigating his national security advisor, for committing a crime....That would be an ABUSE of his power.
Abuse of power is a matter of opinion not defined by the law. But if enough members of the house share that opinion, they can impeach the president for abuse of power. Of course they could claim that having two scoups of ice cream is abuse of power. What makes that abuse of power......if Congress has enough votes to say it is abuse of power, then it’s abuse of power.

This might sound weird but I do believe you are honest with us. I'm just not sure you'r honest with yourself.
Well, that could be.

That'll be 199.99

They always had such a metallic sound to their guitars. Here's another German band, very similar in guitar tone:

Well, that could be.

That'll be 199.99

Yeah, have you seen the videos of him playing with a full orchestra? Pretty amazing.

That'll be 199.99

Yeah, have you seen the videos of him playing with a full orchestra? Pretty amazing.

Yup.
Saw Metalica with an orchestra. Great show. Reminded me of ELO and Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Lindsey Sterling is this generations orchestral music goto

Dershowitz is going to be unhappy when he finds out the House and the Senate are not going to follow the line that Trump is a dictator not subject to the Rule of Law.

Dershowitz is going to be unhappy when he finds out the House and the Senate are not going to follow the line that Trump is a dictator not subject to the Rule of Law.
FUCK, not sure why I uningnored you for this weak ass post.

Where's my self flagellation equipment when i need it......

Scum

Abuse of power is a matter of opinion not defined by the law. But if enough members of the house share that opinion, they can impeach the president for abuse of power. Of course they could claim that having two scoups of ice cream is abuse of power. What makes that abuse of power......if Congress has enough votes to say it is abuse of power, then it’s abuse of power.
that's right, congress does decide on charges, but the Senate is the jury, and the chief justice is the presiding judge over the trial and 2/3s of the Senate members is needed to convict him..... that's a pretty high hurdle to jump, and if the Senate does convict, then more than likely the House charges were not frivolous....

Last edited:
My post, Grampa, is right on.

The President is and cannot avoid the Rule of Law.

It is clear that he wants to be a dictator.

Last edited:

Scum

that's right, congress does decide on charges, but the Senate is the jury, and the chief justice is the preceding judge over the trial and 2/3s of the Senate members is needed to convict him..... that's a pretty high hurdle to jump, and if the Senate does convict, then more than likely the House charges were not frivolous....
Indeed. The House could impeach him on Clear and Present Danger to the Republic, using collusion and obstruction of justice as charges.

`
`

"While a president does have the power to fire an FBI director, he does not have the authority to do so if it would violate the law. Past presidents have been held accountable for obstruction of justice. The Articles of Impeachment against both Presidents Nixon and Clinton cited their alleged obstruction of justice as justification for why they should be removed from office. Our Constitution gives the president the responsibility to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” It does not give the president the authority to act in violation of the laws, including the laws on obstructing federal investigations." - Kathleen Clark, expert on legal ethics and professor at Washington University in St. Louis - Can the President Obstruct Justice?

This is for all the forum idiots who think Mueller can charge Trump with obstruction of justice:

Monday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz batted down the merit of obstruction of justice charges aimed at President Donald Trump for what he said was exercising his constitutional power and authority regarding the firing of then-FBI Director James Comey and instructing the Department of Justice what to and not to investigate.

“If Congress were to ever charge him with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional authority under Article 2, we’d have a constitutional crisis,” he explained. “You cannot charge a president with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional power to fire Comey and his constitutional authority to tell the Justice Department who to investigate, who not to investigate. That’s what Thomas Jefferson did. That’s what Lincoln did. That’s what Roosevelt did. We have precedents that clearly establish that.”

He can charge Trump with obstruction of justice. Dershowitz is wrong.

Dershowitz is one lawyer's opinion, don't forget. Nothing more or less.

This is for all the forum idiots who think Mueller can charge Trump with obstruction of justice:

#Dershowitz legal opinions are tainted by whom he defends and hangs out with #UnderageGirls #SexTrafficing #Epstein #GotOff #HisLawyerpic.twitter.com/ ...
DGe5e7YV0AI3LvB.jpg

Mueller can't- you can't charge a sitting President with anything.

But the House could charge the President with Obstruction.

Would the GOP EVER charge Trump with anything- even if there were photo's of him handing over the nuclear codes to Putin in exchange for a suitcase full of diamonds?

Don't think so.

You need to think again, I bet they would prefer Pence as the president over the orange clown nine-to-one.

If Mueller puts together a serious obstruction of justice case Trump is gone.

so, why not just come out little timmy and say you don't understand the law or how our government is setup. but that mean man mr trump needs to pay for being such a mean man.

you won't sound near as stupid that way.

Mueller can't- you can't charge a sitting President with anything.

But the House could charge the President with Obstruction.

Would the GOP EVER charge Trump with anything- even if there were photo's of him handing over the nuclear codes to Putin in exchange for a suitcase full of diamonds?

Don't think so.

You need to think again, I bet they would prefer Pence as the president over the orange clown nine-to-one.

If Mueller puts together a serious obstruction of justice case Trump is gone.
yea, cause that's what he was hired to do.

again - you don't give a flying shit what you find, but find something.

shit mentality needs to go all around.

Forum List

Back