DeSantis making Florida great again

Gov. DeSantis invalidates all local COVID-19 emergency orders

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WWSB) - Gov. Ron DeSantis signed an executive order Monday invalidating local COVID-19 ordinances, beginning July 1.

In the meantime, DeSantis announced at a news conference that he is also suspending, under executive power, any local emergency orders relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. Touting Florida’s vaccination efforts and reluctance to impose strict measures, such as lockdowns as some other states have done in the past year, he said any additional restrictions are not justifiable.

“I think that’s the evidence-based thing to do,” DeSantis said, speaking at a waterfront restaurant in St. Petersburg. “I think folks that are saying they need to be policing people at this point, if you’re saying that, then you’re really saying you don’t believe in the vaccines, you don’t believe in the data, you don’t believe in the science.”

DeSantis also signed Senate Bill 2006 into law, which would ban vaccination passports, and give the governor power to override local orders during health crises and directing state agencies to plan for future pandemics.

In addition to barring COVID-19 passports, the measure would require local emergency orders to be narrowly tailored and to be extended in seven-day increments for a maximum duration of 42 days. Currently, such orders can be issued initially for seven days and extended indefinitely in seven-day increments.

“Importantly, the limitation does not apply to a hurricane or other weather-related emergencies, which are (the) overwhelming majority of our emergencies within the state of Florida,” Burgess said.

The bill would give the governor power to override local orders if they are determined to “unnecessarily restrict individual rights or liberties.”

Among other aspects of the bill, state agencies would be required to develop by the end of 2022 public health emergency plans, and the Division of Emergency Management would have to stockpile personal protective equipment.

DeSantis said citizens have been chaffing with having to live under unnecessary restrictions. He encouraged people to get vaccinated. “We want to have people enjoy themselves and live freely in the State of Florida.”

America can have him once he is finished Making Florida Great Again
I hope he becomes president

you will want to head on over to this thread then

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WWSB) - Gov. Ron DeSantis signed an executive order Monday invalidating local COVID-19 ordinances, beginning July 1.

In the meantime, DeSantis announced at a news conference that he is also suspending, under executive power, any local emergency orders relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. Touting Florida’s vaccination efforts and reluctance to impose strict measures, such as lockdowns as some other states have done in the past year, he said any additional restrictions are not justifiable.

“I think that’s the evidence-based thing to do,” DeSantis said, speaking at a waterfront restaurant in St. Petersburg. “I think folks that are saying they need to be policing people at this point, if you’re saying that, then you’re really saying you don’t believe in the vaccines, you don’t believe in the data, you don’t believe in the science.”

DeSantis also signed Senate Bill 2006 into law, which would ban vaccination passports, and give the governor power to override local orders during health crises and directing state agencies to plan for future pandemics.

In addition to barring COVID-19 passports, the measure would require local emergency orders to be narrowly tailored and to be extended in seven-day increments for a maximum duration of 42 days. Currently, such orders can be issued initially for seven days and extended indefinitely in seven-day increments.

“Importantly, the limitation does not apply to a hurricane or other weather-related emergencies, which are (the) overwhelming majority of our emergencies within the state of Florida,” Burgess said.

The bill would give the governor power to override local orders if they are determined to “unnecessarily restrict individual rights or liberties.”

Among other aspects of the bill, state agencies would be required to develop by the end of 2022 public health emergency plans, and the Division of Emergency Management would have to stockpile personal protective equipment.

DeSantis said citizens have been chaffing with having to live under unnecessary restrictions. He encouraged people to get vaccinated. “We want to have people enjoy themselves and live freely in the State of Florida.”

I was just talking to Republican relatives in Florida and they think he is terrible.

I'll reserve comment on your relatives, other than to say I don't believe they're Republicans.

I don't know a single Republican in this state who views him in a negative light...

I was just talking to Republican relatives in Florida and they think he is terrible.

What A post.

How about some details? Why, specifically, do they not like him?

They would have rather had Gillam?
There did not appear to like anything about him and think that he is incompetent.

Florida is the best run state. That is why we have so many people flooding in here that are running away from Democrat controlled states.

That place is a cesspool. One giant trailer park with Disney Land. And if it wasn't for the cocaine money, Miami would still be a cesspool. The only people flocking there are retirees that are to lazy to wipe their own asses. The only thing with any value in that shit hole is Cape Kennedy.
Spoken like a retard who's never been here.

I grew up in New York. I lived in California for 30 years. Both of them have been turned into utter shit-holes by democrats. If it weren't for the fuckin' humidity and the traffic, I'd stay here forever...

I'll reserve comment on your relatives, other than to say I don't believe they're Republicans.

I don't know a single Republican in this state who views him in a negative light...

For every Republican that don't like him there are 100 Democrats that do, maybe more.

DeSantis is doing a great job for Florida. Best Governor in the country right now. That is saying a lot seeing that the runner up is Noem. He has the right agenda for Florida.

LOL...yeah, right!

What A post.

There did not appear to like anything about him and think that he is incompetent.

Florida is the best run state. That is why we have so many people flooding in here that are running away from Democrat controlled states.

That place is a cesspool. One giant trailer park with Disney Land. And if it wasn't for the cocaine money, Miami would still be a cesspool. The only people flocking there are retirees that are to lazy to wipe their own asses. The only thing with any value in that shit hole is Cape Kennedy.

Amazing then that Florida is experiencing a massive influx of people from "Blue" States like New York, Massachusetts and Michigan, Skews! They aren't retirees...they're people who are sick of living in States run by liberals. The same thing is happening in Texas.

What A post.

Amazing then that Florida is experiencing a massive influx of people from "Blue" States like New York, Massachusetts and Michigan, Skews! They aren't retirees...they're people who are sick of living in States run by liberals. The same thing is happening in Texas.
And they have told you this?

What A post.

And they have told you this?
I hear it every day. The ones that have the where with all to get out are getting out.

Beaches and weather is what people move to Florida for.

Not all of us.

I'm more of a swimming pool kinda' guy, and the weather blows, especially in summer when it's so hot and humid that you can't even think about taking a shower without breaking out in a sweat.

I'm here for family. Mom is 86 and, as sure as I am that she's going to outlive us all, the reality is that the day will come when she's no longer with us. When that happens, I'm out...

Not all of us.

I'm more of a swimming pool kinda' guy, and the weather blows, especially in summer when it's so hot and humid that you can't even think about taking a shower without breaking out in a sweat.

I'm here for family. Mom is 86 and, as sure as I am that she's going to outlive us all, the reality is that the day will come when she's no longer with us. When that happens, I'm out...
Is it hot and humid in Florida in the summer? Yeah. Real hot...real humid! But let me explain why that's really not such a bad thing. First of all when you live here year round your blood thins out and the heat doesn't bother you as much. I teach golf and I do it outside. The first year I was down here in the summer I about died. Now it's nothing. If you ARE bothered by the heat...then stay inside of your air conditioned house during the heat of the day and enjoy the nice mornings.

For the other eight months out of the year the weather here is wonderful. No snow to shovel...no ice covered roads to commute on...it's pretty sweet. You couldn't pay me enough to spend another winter up north and I grew up on the ponds playing hockey as a kid.

Not all of us.

Is it hot and humid in Florida in the summer? Yeah. Real hot...real humid! But let me explain why that's really not such a bad thing. First of all when you live here year round your blood thins out and the heat doesn't bother you as much. I teach golf and I do it outside. The first year I was down here in the summer I about died. Now it's nothing. If you ARE bothered by the heat...then stay inside of your air conditioned house during the heat of the day and enjoy the nice mornings.

For the other eight months out of the year the weather here is wonderful. No snow to shovel...no ice covered roads to commute on...it's pretty sweet. You couldn't pay me enough to spend another winter up north and I grew up on the ponds playing hockey as a kid.
Well, I guess my blood is giving me the finger and refusing to thin out, then. If it was going to do that, it'd have done it by now.

I used to live in Santee, California, just east of San Diego. In summer, temperatures north of 110° were a common occurrence. No problem: open the back door and fall into the pool.

But it's the humidity I hate. I was stationed in Charleston, SC for five years, and the humidity there was oppressive, as it is here. I didn't like it then, and I sure as Hell don't like it now.

Besides, if I'm completely honest with myself, I don't mind the cold and I don't mind the snow. I miss having four seasons.

Plus, being a photographer, I wanna' move around. I could easily get used to something like this :

OSV18_01_PowerStation_Hero.0.jpg

Not all of us.

Well, I guess my blood is giving me the finger and refusing to thin out, then. If it was going to do that, it'd have done it by now.

I used to live in Santee, California, just east of San Diego. In summer, temperatures north of 110° were a common occurrence. No problem: open the back door and fall into the pool.

But it's the humidity I hate. I was stationed in Charleston, SC for five years, and the humidity there was oppressive, as it is here. I didn't like it then, and I sure as Hell don't like it now.

Besides, if I'm completely honest with myself, I don't mind the cold and I don't mind the snow. I miss having four seasons.

Plus, being a photographer, I wanna' move around. I could easily get used to something like this :

When I first moved to Florida I kept my thermostat at 73 degrees. Eighteen years later I keep it at 80 degrees. Your blood does thin out and you do get acclimated to a hotter clime. If your frame of reference is San Diego, you've got an issue because the climate there is about perfect. If it wasn't in California it would be ideal. :)

Not all of us.

When I first moved to Florida I kept my thermostat at 73 degrees. Eighteen years later I keep it at 80 degrees. Your blood does thin out and you do get acclimated to a hotter clime. If your frame of reference is San Diego, you've got an issue because the climate there is about perfect. If it wasn't in California it would be ideal. :)

My wife was born and raised in northern Indiana where it gets very cold. She came to Florida in 1969 for her first job as a Teacher.

We got married in 1971. By the time we married she had become fully acclimated to Florida and did not like the cold any more. Nowadays we keep the thermostat at 80 F in the summer and 78 in the winter.

My Republican leaning nephew in MI said he likes DeSantis.

Forum List

Back