DeSantis to Declare his OWN Winner for the Women's College Swim Competition via PROCLAMATION

They might, they might not. You can argue that watching TV educates you....should we have state-funded classes for that too?

Play soccer in the park on weekends on your own.
you can do that too, and likely will if you learn the values at a young age in competitive sports in school

face it, you couldn’t make the team…likely didn’t even try out…but had you you’ve learned the value and sportsmanship in that…and not been a leftist bum falling for the cults empty promises

you can do that too, and likely will if you learn the values at a young age in competitive sports in school

face it, you couldn’t make the team…likely didn’t even try out…but had you you’ve learned the value and sportsmanship in that…and not been a leftist bum falling for the cults empty promises

Ahh, the personal attack.

They might, they might not. You can argue that watching TV educates you....should we have state-funded classes for that too?

Play soccer in the park on weekends on your own.
1) experts says it does…and yes we do have state funded TV…it’s called PBS
2) well, maybe not soccer…but playing sports is a great thing to do on the weekends…exercises as great benefits, glad i was learned that through PE and comparative sports

1) experts says it does…and yes we do have state funded TV…it’s called PBS
Not true at all.
2) well, maybe not soccer…but playing sports is a great thing to do on the weekends…exercises as great benefits, glad i was learned that through PE and comparative sports
Yet somehow all of the sports training didn't teach you to capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence.

DeSantis seems to be having a rough go of it lately, so he is tossing some red meat out to the transphobe base down there in Florida. Thoughts?

So you approve of a man competing against women because he can’t cut it against men. News flash. The other FEMALE swimmers don’t like it.

If he really wants to do something he should mandate, through his legislature, that allowing transgender freaks to compete in women's sports in FL state-funded universities won't pass muster and that they will not be able to compete against schools that allow it.

That said while second place might be a travesty the young woman is likely getting a free ride for a first-class education and should do OK in life long after the freak offs himself.....Living well is the best revenge. ;)

Either the nut-jobs running the events disallow transgender participants or they don't. The rub will be if they double down on stupid and start recruiting the freaks in number. Even then it serves as a object lesson on why liberals should not be in charge of anything.

He already took care of that. Signed the law last year.

?

Go look at 1st place for the competition..

You mean the picture of the big, hulking dude with the straggly long hair and his twig and berries showing in that ridiculous one-piece swimsuit? What exactly am I supposed to learn from that, other than not to look at it right after I've eaten?

You didn't really think Cornball has ever done anything in its worthless, sad existence that involved building character, did you? You can't tell that it HAS no character?

Not true at all.

Yet somehow all of the sports training didn't teach you to capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence.
1) what's not true?

Benefits to sports from experts: Benefits of Sports for Adolescents

or are you saying PBS doesn't exist? Beyond that, most colleges, including the public university I did undergrad, had a on campus radio and television station...which was great, for Comm majors, journalism majors etc

2) haha yeah...i suppose sports taught me that when writing on a message board on my phone, to someone named candycorn, I didn't have to worry to much about grammar.

Then why the hub-bub?

Because Ron DeSantis is essentially a good person (or is trying to be, I don't know the guy) and cares about right and wrong in general, not just in his own state. So he feels the need to speak out about injustice in other places, as well.

One can take the cynical view and say he cares about positioning himself for a run at the Presidency and so he's speaking out to draw attention. Could also be true. Doesn't change the fact that what he's saying is correct.

1) what's not true?

Benefits to sports from experts: Benefits of Sports for Adolescents

or are you saying PBS doesn't exist? Beyond that, most colleges, including the public university I did undergrad, had a on campus radio and television station...which was great, for Comm majors, journalism majors etc

2) haha yeah...i suppose sports taught me that when writing on a message board on my phone, to someone named candycorn, I didn't have to worry to much about grammar.

I think any sort of team competition is essential for character development. If you want to get anywhere in adult life, you'd better know how to work cooperatively with other people toward a goal, and you'd better know the value of hard work and long hours of practice in order to beat out your competition.

I was never in sports, because I have no talent whatsoever for any of them. I was, however, in band and choir (by the way, I also believe strongly that basic musical training is an important component in developing one's brain, even if one has no musical talent). In my school district, both band and choir were highly competitive and received the same attention from the school district as the sports teams did. Although the schools were small enough that the band and choir had to take anyone who wanted to join, they demanded rigorous hours of training and practice from everyone. By middle school, everyone who didn't want to put in those hours had gone on to other activities. Those who remained, whatever their level of talent, graduated as far better musicians than anyone would have believed they could have been. Every year, many of the class members went to college on music scholarships, and others were recruited by the Navy, Army, Air Force, and Marines for their bands.

Almost forty years later, I still remember and use the lessons about hard work and hours of practice to achieve anything in my life. And I use the lessons about how to work with other members of the team virtually every day of my life. I would honestly say that the lessons I learned from participating in those groups are the most valuable things I learned in school.

Forum List

Back