DeSantis will have a Trump problem in 2024

DeSantis wants to destroy his state first. Couldn't imagine this country voting in either one of those guys.
Lessons learned.
DeSantis is picking a fight with the biggest tourist attraction in Florida if not the Country. People love Disney.

The guy is a fucking moron.

I'm sure DeSantis likes Trump's policies, but he has presidential ambitions that only Trump could thwart at this point.

If Trump runs against him, it will be a bare knuckle brawl, which may leave DeSantis too damaged to run in 2028. So, it's a risk. DeSantis' ideal situation would be for Trump to play kingmaker for him, without hinting or stating outright that he plans to be a strong force in the DeSantis administration. Doubtful. If Trump dies between now and then, DeSantis gets all of Trump's votes with none of his negatives.
If the Republicans want to regain the White House in 2024 then they cannot risk running Donald Trump again.

That's a sure-fire way to ensure that most of the Indies and fence-sitters will pull the (D) lever again.

DESPITE the Democrat disasters on the Southern Border, with the Economy, cowardice in the face of Russia, the Democratic energy phukk-up, etc.

January 6, 2021, damaged the Rumpian Brand forevermore... not with his Faithful... but with the rest of the country... which outnumbers his remaining base.

Desantis is their next Great White Hope... he's their best shot at the brass ring this next go-around... the Pubs need to sideline Rump... sooner rather than later.

America-at-large will not vote for a Mussolini-in-the-Making merely to (metaphorically, with respect to the economy) get the trains running on-time again.

If the Republicans ARE stupid enough not to believe that and foolishly run the Orange Baboon again, they'll understand on the morning of November 6, 2024.

Last edited:
However most people love their children more.
They must have loved them less up until a few weeks ago when DeSantis decided to use Disney as a whipping boy to rile up a bunch of usefull idiots. And of course the gullible rubes will line up for their punishment once Ronny finds it politically expedient to do a 360.

A few lies from him is all that's needed for the sucker's to fall back in line & click their heels.

Ron Desantis has 4 more years to be Governor of Florida, and Floridians have been telling Ron to hold off running until 2028. That would be great for America, when President Trump is standing there with the swearing in of the 48th President who is from Florida.
i look at it as... someone "primarying" Trump

not good

Trump is very popular... He won both elections, u know...

despite the constant chatter...

Some things I’ve seen that appear to suppress minority turnout are restrictions in the times and dates the ballots are open. Locations and abundance of drop boxes. And attempts to restrict mail in voting
That sounds designed to reduce opportunities for cheating. Hard to know if you can't name the specific bill or law that you mean.

But i'm all ears for your explanation of how a specific requirement of a specific law prevents minorities from voting.

Take two brothers - half brothers but raised by the same parents. One is white, majored in engineering and now makes six figures. The other is half white and half Afro-Latino, majored in gender studies, and lives in his brothers basement.

How do even those vague restrictions you've "seen" prevent the second brother from voting?

Y’all are seriously delusional. Trump
Lost both houses of congress and the White House in 4 years! He lost to Joe Biden!! The dude is a loser. Why y’all keep doubling down is simply comical at this point.
Sure some are.

That does not change the fact that Trump losing is not the problem with DeSantis running a primary with Trump. he is extremely destructive and will destroy DeSantis' future in the Republican party even if Trump is shellacked. That is part of the problem, I see no reason why anyone with a brain would get on the same stage as Trump. It is not a very good idea to do so.

The real problem is that DeSantis is probably not going to run because of Trump and I'm a Trump supporter but I like DeSantis more.

They must have loved them less up until a few weeks ago when DeSantis decided to use Disney as a whipping boy to rile up a bunch of usefull idiots. And of course the gullible rubes will line up for their punishment once Ronny finds it politically expedient to do a 360.

A few lies from him is all that's needed for the sucker's to fall back in line & click their heels.
Seen any recent Disney movies?

Have trouble finding an adult looking "resposible enough" to get you in?

If you did, did it help with your gender uncertainty?

Seen any recent Disney movies?

Have trouble finding an adult looking "resposible enough" to get you in?

If you did, did it help with your gender uncertainty?
Anything even remotely intelligent to add?

No?

That's what I thought.

That sounds designed to reduce opportunities for cheating. Hard to know if you can't name the specific bill or law that you mean.

But i'm all ears for your explanation of how a specific requirement of a specific law prevents minorities from voting.

Take two brothers - half brothers but raised by the same parents. One is white, majored in engineering and now makes six figures. The other is half white and half Afro-Latino, majored in gender studies, and lives in his brothers basement.

How do even those vague restrictions you've "seen" prevent the second brother from voting?
What I listed probably doesn’t effect the brothers. It effects poor people of which are more proportionally minorities. Of course those pushing this initiatives will say it is to prevent cheating even if there is little to no evidence of cheating. But in reality they know that if these objectives are met then less low income people will vote which gives an advantage to those on the political Right. Please don’t play stupid and pretend that isn’t a factor.

What I listed probably doesn’t effect the brothers. It effects poor people of which are more proportionally minorities. Of course those pushing this initiatives will say it is to prevent cheating even if there is little to no evidence of cheating. But in reality they know that if these objectives are met then less low income people will vote which gives an advantage to those on the political Right. Please don’t play stupid and pretend that isn’t a factor.
I need to be awarded a DDS for all the teeth pulling you're making me do.

HOW . . . how . . . does a law "restricting" voting to election day, for example, disproportionately affect poor minorities? If it is only about the poor, then why bring up minorities in the first place? How many days do you think voting should take place? Just keep voting until the Democrat wins? Or like in 2000, when you wanted to just keep re-courting until Gore won?

Well, you don't have to answer. It's pretty obvious that the law you say that you've "seen" is in reality something you read about in some liberal website. Likely, they were very vague about which law specifically and which requirements, so you have to be vague also.

It's a shame that the left is so eager to sacrifice the integrity of the American election system, just for the short-term gain of winning in 2024.

I need to be awarded a DDS for all the teeth pulling you're making me do.

HOW . . . how . . . does a law "restricting" voting to election day, for example, disproportionately affect poor minorities? If it is only about the poor, then why bring up minorities in the first place? How many days do you think voting should take place? Just keep voting until the Democrat wins? Or like in 2000, when you wanted to just keep re-courting until Gore won?

Well, you don't have to answer. It's pretty obvious that the law you say that you've "seen" is in reality something you read about in some liberal website. Likely, they were very vague about which law specifically and which requirements, so you have to be vague also.

It's a shame that the left is so eager to sacrifice the integrity of the American election system, just for the short-term gain of winning in 2024.
Some on the left use the race card to promote their agenda. Regulations that suppress turn out typically suppress turn out for low income people who have very limited time, means or access to votes. But there have been court cases showing a specific impact on black communities. See link below for an actual example. Are you playing dumb or do you honestly not see the political game being played here??

Some on the left use the race card to promote their agenda. Regulations that suppress turn out typically suppress turn out for low income people who have very limited time, means or access to votes. But there have been court cases showing a specific impact on black communities. See link below for an actual example. Are you playing dumb or do you honestly not see the political game being played here??

I will give you credit for coming up with a specific example.

I strongly disagree with the court's logic on that one, but I do see the attempt at logic. Voting requires photo ID's, black people are bad at getting state-issued ID's, therefore laws requiring photo ID to vote disproportionately affect Black people.

I think it is idiotic to say that it is harder for Black people to get a state-issued ID than for white people. It isn't. But it may be true that Blacks are less likely to have a state-issued ID.

Why would that be? My guess is that it is because Black people are disproportionately imprisoned and that they don't bother getting a driver's license, or photo ID, when they come out. I'm sure they feel victimized by the system, with some justification, and don't want to stand in line at the DMV, knowing that their record will be known to the Karen's behind the counter.

I think the state was foolish to argue that Sunday voting disproportionately favors black people for the same logic: Whites can vote on Sunday as easily as Blacks. If Blacks vote more on Sunday than Whites, it may be because Blacks are disproportionately represented on the welfare rolls, so Sundays are not days of rest for them. Sunday is Sunday, but every other day is Saturday. Maybe they vote more on Sunday because ministers of Black churches common exhort their flock to vote for their political allies. But that's no reason to shut down Sunday voting. If they were worried about Black counties and not white counties allowing voting on Sunday, they could have allowed it for all counties..

No, I don't believe that the racists Republicans are deliberately trying to exclude Black voters. I think they are much more concerned about Democrats of any color, gender, or nation of origin, voting multiple times, since they can claim to be anyone that they believe has not already voted. Not requiring voter ID enables that method, which is why I believe that Democrats oppose voter ID.*

*For what it's worth, Stacy Abrams, who is well aware that elections can be stolen, supports voter ID laws, and opposes non-Americans voting:

4:45

Anyway, I respect that you tried, and gave me something to respond to.

Last edited:

I strongly disagree with the court's logic on that one, but I do see the attempt at logic. Voting requires photo ID's, black people are bad at getting state-issued ID's, therefore laws requiring photo ID to vote disproportionately affect Black people.

I think it is idiotic to say that it is harder for Black people to get a state-issued ID than for white people. It isn't. But it may be true that Blacks are less likely to have a state-issued ID.

Why would that be? My guess is that it is because Black people are disproportionately imprisoned and that they don't bother getting a driver's license, or photo ID, when they come out. I'm sure they feel victimized by the system, with some justification, and don't want to stand in line at the DMV, knowing that their record will be known to the Karen's behind the counter.

I think the state was foolish to argue that Sunday voting disproportionately favors black people for the same logic: Whites can vote on Sunday as easily as Blacks. If Blacks vote more on Sunday than Whites, it may be because Blacks are disproportionately represented on the welfare rolls, so Sundays are not days of rest for them, every day is Sunday. Maybe they vote more on Sunday because ministers of Black churches common exhort their flock to vote for their political allies. But that's no reason to shut down Sunday voting. If they were worried about Black counties and not white counties allowing voting on Sunday, they could have allowed it for all counties..

No, I don't believe that the racists Republicans are deliberately trying to exclude Black voters. I think they are much more concerned about Democrats of any color, gender, or nation of origin, voting multiple times, since they can claim to be anyone that they believe has not already voted. Not requiring voter ID enables that method, which is why I believe that Democrats oppose voter ID.*

*For what it's worth, Stacy Abrams, who is well aware that elections can be stolen, supports voter ID laws, and opposes non-Americans voting:

Why are black people bad at getting state issued ID's? Is it because they are stupid as shit? Butt fucking ugly? Poorer than an Egyptian cattle boy? Or are they just lazy fucking pricks who just want Democrat Joe to give them all free stuff?

Why are black people bad at getting state issued ID's? Is it because they are stupid as shit? Butt fucking ugly? Poorer than an Egyptian cattle boy? Or are they just lazy fucking pricks who just want Democrat Joe to give them all free stuff?
Good question for those who say that Blacks are bad at getting ID.

Libs?

I think the state was foolish to argue that Sunday voting disproportionately favors black people for the same logic: Whites can vote on Sunday as easily as Blacks. If Blacks vote more on Sunday than Whites, it may be because Blacks are disproportionately represented on the welfare rolls, so Sundays are not days of rest for them. Sunday is Sunday, but every other day is Saturday. Maybe they vote more on Sunday because ministers of Black churches common exhort their flock to vote for their political allies. But that's no reason to shut down Sunday voting. If they were worried about Black counties and not white counties allowing voting on Sunday, they could have allowed it for all counties..

It’s not so much about specifically targeting blacks. That’s what the left will paint it as for political purposes. The right is targeting these areas because they know it will play to their advantage at the ballot boxes. The benefit is not the righteous cause of eliminating fraud like they pretend it is but it’s from the voter suppression the numbers show will result.

Forum List

Back