Desantis will take a hit if the 17 accused of fraud are found not guilty

Paul has no control over the laws of other states.
No, but he screams whenever anyone mentions a Federal National ID Card, maybe tied to your SS number, that would be valid to vote in all 50 states. Federal supremacy, and all that. Republicans hate the idea because more Black folks might vote, so they use their phony Big Brother argument instead. The same people who vote for unauthorized surveillance and the Patriot Act.

No, but he screams whenever anyone mentions a Federal National ID Card, maybe tied to your SS number, that would be valid to vote in all 50 states. Federal supremacy, and all that. Republicans hate the idea because more Black folks might vote, so they use their phony Big Brother argument instead. The same people who vote for unauthorized surveillance and the Patriot Act.

So the Republicans are all afraid of Paul who really doesn't have much power. He was one of the first ones out in the 2018 election.

So the Republicans are all afraid of Paul who really doesn't have much power. He was one of the first ones out in the 2018 election.
They're not afraid of Paul, they agree with him. They play the game. They all oppose a National ID Card because of the increased voting. They are all quite happy to let Rand Paul and Ted Cruz take the incoming, being the public fools, rallying the dumbasses on Fox and Newsmax. Schumer should put it up as a stand-alone bill with no amendments, nothing added to it at all.

They're not afraid of Paul, they agree with him. They play the game. They all oppose a National ID Card because of the increased voting. They are all quite happy to let Rand Paul and Ted Cruz take the incoming, being the public fools, rallying the dumbasses on Fox and Newsmax. Schumer should put it up as a stand-alone bill with no amendments, nothing added to it at all.

I won't disagree that's it's all B.S. which is why I noted that if it wasn't at least one would have taken actions at the state level.

When Romona Oliver registered to vote in early 2020 at the Hillsborough Tax Collector’s office, she was asked if she had a felony conviction. She said yes.

She registered as a Democrat and got her voter card in the mail.

I can't see any way she could be found guilty if this is true.
convicted felons can't vote unless they get their rights restored.

Which Florida did in 2018. It's in the article.
If their rights were restored it's a none issue. If they weren't, it's a big issue. The fact they registered as Dems and the DNC sent them a voter registration card, isn't restoring their rights

If their rights were restored it's a none issue. If they weren't, it's a big issue. The fact they registered as Dems and the DNC sent them a voter registration card, isn't restoring their rights

One in the article registered (D) the other (R).

The state of Florida sent them the card.

Read the article.

One in the article registered (D) the other (R).

The state of Florida sent them the card.

Read the article.
the card doesn't make their rights restored. Only the Gov can restore their rights, after they petition to ahve their rights restored.

It's behind a paywall...and I have no interest in paying to join the Miami newspaper.

Quote where they successfully petitioned the Govt?

I do not need to quote anything irrelevant.

So you are once again talking out of your ass

It was a Constitutional Amendment giving many felons the right to vote again. No begging and pleading is necessary. You are the one who won't read on it.

I have no problem with convicted felons not being allowed to vote, ever again. I do not understand the move in many states to allow those, proven to have no respect for the laws of the land to have a voice in who our representatives are. Their lack of judgement and in many cases callous disregard for the very lives of law-abiding in our society, including crimes of violence, used to preclude them from the voting pool for the rest of their life. Giving up the right to vote was just part of the sentence. Too bad. They should have made better choices. No need to ever let them have a voice in choosing for society, as they chose against society when they committed their crimes, making any choices they make, suspect.

Let's be honest. The REAL reason for the Zero Tolerance policy of the Reagan Administration was to charge as many black and brown men with minor drug charges as possible, putting a felony conviction on their records so they could never vote again.

That's one way of suppressing the vote. If you're black or brown, you're 7 times more likely to be charge with felony possession of a small amount of pot as your white friends. You can't tell me that keeping these kids from ever voting isn't a part of the reason for that.

It was a Constitutional Amendment giving many felons the right to vote again. No begging and pleading is necessary. You are the one who won't read on it.
the amendment didn’t make it automatic. they had to complete their entire sentence. Moreover if convicted in another state that didn’t do it

the amendment didn’t make it automatic. they had to complete their entire sentence. Moreover if convicted in another state that didn’t do it

Well no, they couldn't vote from prison but no one is claiming they could. The people in question had served their sentences.

Forum List

Back