Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Deuteronomy 13:6-11

Well....?

• A metaphor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was literal.

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

We were discussing truth. Not the sinfulness of man or the Judgment of nations. Remember?
Right and in that discussion you argued that it doesn't matter how we arrive at truth and I argued that it does.

I used this to make my point:
Let me put this in a Biblical perspective for you so that it might be easier to relate to.

When man becomes satisfied he becomes proud and forgets God’s ways. Then he fails and suffers. But from that suffering he is forced to return to God’s successful ways and he rises again. Only to later become satisfied and proud and begin the cycle anew. This is literally the story of the OT.

So is it important to understand how truth is arrived at? Because if one does not understand this cycle - which is a long wavelength cycle - then he is doomed to repeat it over and over again.

That's when you questioned my motivation. So I showed you my belief is based upon biblical truths. Then I showed you my motivation. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Are you going to keep arguing?

It's because in my other interactions with you I have come away with the impression that you are a "take it or leave it" Bible believer. In that case, indeed, you are vetoing Truth. Indeed, your journey is, in essence, paramount. So, your words do indeed take precedent over what God has presented as Truth. Yes?

You will undoubtedly call me "self-righteous" for pointing this out, but it is not. If God is who He says He is, He actually has all knowledge. I do not. I can not stand in judgment of HIM. My journey is not paramount to His truth, even if His truth seems confusing to me at the outset.
It seems I am not Christian enough for your tastes. I don't need to beat people up with the Bible. But I can assure you that my understanding of his words are deep.

Everyone's journey is paramount. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me still means I have to do those things. God won't do them for you.

But hey, thanks for accusing me of placing myself above God. Again, that's your pride talking.

You might understand deep things about the Bible but do you accept them as true? I am not in some secret club that I earned because I am better, smarter, wiser or more deserving. BELIEVE me. The truths are there in black and white. I mean you realize you are rather fluffing yourself up for having this deep understanding while accusing me of pride right?

And to a certain extent you are right, God won't "do them for you", but we are also helpless to do them on our own. The natural man does not seek after God. That is why I cannot boast and have no pride in my salvation. All my works are filthy rags. I didn't do it. He did.
What is it that you think I don’t believe is true?

Confirming One’s Calling and Election
3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.
10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1

See? What we do matters. God isn't going to do this for us. We have to do it for ourselves. It is literally a progression; a journey.

Okay again--this is sanctification. You are speaking of sanctification. Of course that is a journey.

not truth. Truth is not a journey. It is.
I never said truth is a journey. Truth is discovered.

We were discussing truth. Not the sinfulness of man or the Judgment of nations. Remember?
Right and in that discussion you argued that it doesn't matter how we arrive at truth and I argued that it does.

Let me put this in a Biblical perspective for you so that it might be easier to relate to.

When man becomes satisfied he becomes proud and forgets God’s ways. Then he fails and suffers. But from that suffering he is forced to return to God’s successful ways and he rises again. Only to later become satisfied and proud and begin the cycle anew. This is literally the story of the OT.

So is it important to understand how truth is arrived at? Because if one does not understand this cycle - which is a long wavelength cycle - then he is doomed to repeat it over and over again.

That's when you questioned my motivation. So I showed you my belief is based upon biblical truths. Then I showed you my motivation. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Are you going to keep arguing?

It's because in my other interactions with you I have come away with the impression that you are a "take it or leave it" Bible believer. In that case, indeed, you are vetoing Truth. Indeed, your journey is, in essence, paramount. So, your words do indeed take precedent over what God has presented as Truth. Yes?

You will undoubtedly call me "self-righteous" for pointing this out, but it is not. If God is who He says He is, He actually has all knowledge. I do not. I can not stand in judgment of HIM. My journey is not paramount to His truth, even if His truth seems confusing to me at the outset.
It seems I am not Christian enough for your tastes. I don't need to beat people up with the Bible. But I can assure you that my understanding of his words are deep.

Everyone's journey is paramount. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me still means I have to do those things. God won't do them for you.

But hey, thanks for accusing me of placing myself above God. Again, that's your pride talking.

You might understand deep things about the Bible but do you accept them as true? I am not in some secret club that I earned because I am better, smarter, wiser or more deserving. BELIEVE me. The truths are there in black and white. I mean you realize you are rather fluffing yourself up for having this deep understanding while accusing me of pride right?

And to a certain extent you are right, God won't "do them for you", but we are also helpless to do them on our own. The natural man does not seek after God. That is why I cannot boast and have no pride in my salvation. All my works are filthy rags. I didn't do it. He did.

You clearly have 21st century morality over Biblical morality, as witnessed by the fact you told a man married to a man he wasn't sinning--when he admitted to you that he was. There is no other way to interpret what you did but to look at God's Word and say, nope, I judge it lacking or wrong. Even when the man himself was convicted and knew he was sinning.

Now because you probably feel guilty about this you want to foist it off on me, *I* am judgmental whatever. Not really. Everyone wants to look at the Bible and find an out clause, because that's where we find out that we are sinners. But I am owning up to it, see. I am saying when I open the pages of the Bible I learn again that I am a sinner. I sin in the things that I do (commission) and the things I leave undone (omission).

In that instance when you opened up the pages of the Bible you judged God wrongheaded in His Judgment. And you told someone about it when he rightly judged himself a sinner. And then you said so publicly here.

You clearly have 21st century morality over Biblical morality, as witnessed by the fact you told a man married to a man he wasn't sinning--when he admitted to you that he was. There is no other way to interpret what you did but to look at God's Word and say, nope, I judge it lacking or wrong. Even when the man himself was convicted and knew he was sinning.

Now because you probably feel guilty about this you want to foist it off on me, *I* am judgmental whatever. Not really. Everyone wants to look at the Bible and find an out clause, because that's where we find out that we are sinners. But I am owning up to it, see. I am saying when I open the pages of the Bible I learn again that I am a sinner. I sin in the things that I do (commission) and the things I leave undone (omission).

In that instance when you opened up the pages of the Bible you judged God wrongheaded in His Judgment. And you told someone about it when he rightly judged himself a sinner. And then you said so publicly here.
Dear, you don’t know anything about me. You only think you do.

Forum List

Back