Developer pulls out of Portland after four decades: 'How can you be this dysfunctional?'

I have a friend who has lived in the Portland suburbs for decades. His formerly peaceful neighborhood has had drug related arrests and shootings and car theft is rampant. The Portland Police do nothing so the suburbanites have formed facebook groups to track down the stolen vehicles themselves.

You live in Portland? I wasn't trying to be insulting. I just don't understand how you folks think. It is not a state that recognizes my carry permit, so I avoid those states also. I wouldn't be caught dead in one. :smoke:
I'm not in Portland, But I live in Oregon.

I don't want to give out TOO much information, but I love where I live even if the state politics disturbs me,.

The beer offer still stands and there has to be, like, close to a gazillion brew pubs within a few miles of here.

No one in their right mind votes for this dysfunctional shit. This HAS to be voter fraud keeping these Commies in power
Most of my friends here are decidedly left. A few are right and a few are more independent like me.

Even though I know who the lefties are voting for, I never get in their faces about it because I love them as friends.

I'm not in Portland, But I live in Oregon.

I don't want to give out TOO much information, but I love where I live even if the state politics disturbs me,.

The beer offer still stands and there has to be, like, close to a gazillion brew pubs within a few miles of here.
If I ever get there, I'll pm you, but I have actually never been further west (at least on the continental United States) than Idaho.

Portland and west of the cascades elects them. Just like Seattle & Spokane elect them for WA and SF Bay area, SoCal elect them for CA. The rest of the residents of the state are screwed.
Local small towns pretty normal for the most part?

Can be pretty right wing if they are inland. Nothing wrong with that.

Portland is a cautionary tale. I don't mind a "left wing" city, but they've gone way way overboard.
2500 miles away, I never paid them any attention until the autonomous zone stuff, that would never fly here in a hundred years, as mayors (even Democrat mayors) and governor would never put up with it.

One thing you guys do have is a two hour time difference. 20 min after Midnight here. Have a good one. I'm gone.

Comparatively, to what I have heard and read, regarding cities in Oregon, Washington, and California, I suspect most of the rest of the country is less "woke". My uncle move out of Oregon 20 years ago, saying the Californian liberals coming in, ruined it. I've never actually been there and have no wish to visit.
I had the chance to spend a week in Portland back in '99. It was a clean, polite, beautiful, and vibrant city. I'm happy that I got to have that experience. These days there are many Democrat-controlled cities that I'd no sooner go to than to an enemy country.

Comparatively, to what I have heard and read, regarding cities in Oregon, Washington, and California, I suspect most of the rest of the country is less "woke". My uncle move out of Oregon 20 years ago, saying the Californian liberals coming in, ruined it. I've never actually been there and have no wish to visit.

2500 miles away, I never paid them any attention until the autonomous zone stuff, that would never fly here in a hundred years, as mayors (even Democrat mayors) and governor would never put up with it.
Seems the democrat cabal has taken over this coast and they've lost their senses. Anything that is common sense is suspect and most likely will be ruled in the opposite direction.

Forum List

Back