🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

DeVos to make getting away with campus rape easy again

A person falsely-accused of a crime that he did not commit, and punished without proper due process, has certainly been wronged to at least the same degree as a victim of a genuine instance of the crime of which he has been falsely accused.

Yeah, whatever.. nobody is throwing anyone and their $40,000 tuition off campus without a good reason.

You will never end the “rape culture” by falsely accusing and punishing men who never actually committed rape.

You absolutely will. I promise you, you throw off Biff who got into Sally's panties at a frat party where they were both smashed drunk, you will find that these guys are going to get a LOT more careful about their behavior.

A person falsely-accused of a crime that he did not commit, and punished without proper due process, has certainly been wronged to at least the same degree as a victim of a genuine instance of the crime of which he has been falsely accused.

Yeah, whatever.. nobody is throwing anyone and their $40,000 tuition off campus without a good reason.

You will never end the “rape culture” by falsely accusing and punishing men who never actually committed rape.

You absolutely will. I promise you, you throw off Biff who got into Sally's panties at a frat party where they were both smashed drunk, you will find that these guys are going to get a LOT more careful about their behavior.
So Sally can drink and whore it up but Biff can't. Interesting lack of logic there.

So Sally can drink and whore it up but Biff can't. Interesting lack of logic there.

Works for me. Look, you guys really haven't made your case that there are lots of poor frat boys being accused of shit they didn't do.

Sally isn't responsible for what she does while drunk but Biff is. Double standard.

Works for me. Look, you guys really haven't made your case that there are lots of poor frat boys being accused of shit they didn't do.
I got fired for asking a girl out on a date. She accused me of sexual harassment. I would've taken no for an answer. She never gave it. She went straight to the boss and reported me.

Sally isn't responsible for what she does while drunk but Biff is. Double standard.

why not? if sally is unconscious, she can't consent.

If Biff is unconscious, he can't perform.

You guys did get some basic sex ed, right?

Actually there are some pretty big cases of exactly that happening. And it's people like you that promote it.

no, there really aren't. What there are is cases where someone acted inappropriately, and the university threw their whiny entitled asses out.

I got fired for asking a girl out on a date. She accused me of sexual harassment. I would've taken no for an answer. She never gave it. She went straight to the boss and reported me.
Joe doesn't feel bad for you. I suppose that's supposed to be justice.

Maybe drunken frat parties make "campus rape easier" but I fail to understand how you could blame a spokesperson for the Dept. of Education for the problem.

The odd thing about rape is people defending the rights of the accused to do not apply the same standards if the accused is Muslim.

Yout think kicking someone out of school under the cloud of a rape accusation is not punishment?! (per your question)

Wtf is wrong with you?
Do you know how many acts of rape are not prosecuted? It's a lot more than you probably realize. Do you think it's ALRIGHT for young men to commit the occasional rape now and then (after all, boys will be boys, and the girls probably liked it)?

No, so lets go around throwing random men in prison because they can't prosecute all the rapists.
You are falsely accusing me of that stance. If you're going to champion "justice," you could at least be fair yourself.

You were whining because some rapes aren't prosecuted. Apparently you believe what happened in the cases being discussed is a solution to that issue. If not, then what is your solution?
Maybe those policies meant to ensure that accusations of rape are actually taken seriously on campus went too far? Maybe they need to be modified? I think throwing them away entirely could be unfair to the victims. Why can't the policies protect the rights of BOTH?

I agree, but I also think it is too unbalanced at the moment. The accused seem to have very few rights and there is a very low bar for evidence. No one should have their lives destroyed either by rape or by a false accusation. I think something needs to be done to adjust that balance.

Betsy DeVos Plans to Weaken Obama’s Campus Sexual Assault Rules

The Department of Education announced on Thursday that it will weaken a set of requirements for how colleges and universities are expected to handle cases of sexual assault on college campuses. In a speech at George Mason University in Virginia, Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos criticized a set of rules that the department hadissued in 2011 that, under Title IX, forced colleges to conduct their own investigations and stated police reports cannot be used to determine whether a violation occurred, because a criminal case requires stronger evidence.

The Department of Education will take comments from the public before issuing new guidelines, though DeVos’ remarks suggest that the new standard will likely to be a significant departure from the Obama-era rules. DeVos called the current process for handling sexual misconduct “shameful,” a “failed system,” and “wholly unAmerican.”

“The truth is that the system established by the prior administration has failed too many students,” DeVos said. “Survivors, victims of a lack of due process, and campus administrators have all told me that the current approach does a disservice to everyone involved.” Critics of the Obama-era rule have argued that it does not offer adequate due process for the students accused of sexual misconduct. Under the directive, institutions of higher education use the “preponderance of evidence” standard, which requires a 51 percent certainty in determining guilt. Sexual violence is often difficult to prove to a higher certainty, and false accusations are extremely rare. But in July, DeVos’ deputy in charge of civil rights suggested that 90 percent of sexual assault allegations at colleges are false.

I predict that testimony from experts in sexual assault investigation and prosecution, you know, police and prosecutors… will be ignored. Don't bother bringing stats or data…that's elitist.

She "believes" in her gut that 90% of allegations are false… so it must be. Because we trust the gut over any thorough and thoughtful analysis and research any day of the week and twice on Sundays… That's the alternative fact America we live in. It doesn't matter what any so-called "expert" tells her… I mean, she's never been raped, so it probably never happens…

:lol:

What a fucking retard you are.

False rape charges ruin lives, time to put an end to this.

The Department of Education announced on Thursday that it will weaken a set of requirements for how colleges and universities are expected to handle cases of sexual assault on college campuses. In a speech at George Mason University in Virginia, Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos criticized a set of rules that the department hadissued in 2011 that, under Title IX, forced colleges to conduct their own investigations and stated police reports cannot be used to determine whether a violation occurred, because a criminal case requires stronger evidence.

The Department of Education will take comments from the public before issuing new guidelines, though DeVos’ remarks suggest that the new standard will likely to be a significant departure from the Obama-era rules. DeVos called the current process for handling sexual misconduct “shameful,” a “failed system,” and “wholly unAmerican.”

“The truth is that the system established by the prior administration has failed too many students,” DeVos said. “Survivors, victims of a lack of due process, and campus administrators have all told me that the current approach does a disservice to everyone involved.” Critics of the Obama-era rule have argued that it does not offer adequate due process for the students accused of sexual misconduct. Under the directive, institutions of higher education use the “preponderance of evidence” standard, which requires a 51 percent certainty in determining guilt. Sexual violence is often difficult to prove to a higher certainty, and false accusations are extremely rare. But in July, DeVos’ deputy in charge of civil rights suggested that 90 percent of sexual assault allegations at colleges are false.

I predict that testimony from experts in sexual assault investigation and prosecution, you know, police and prosecutors… will be ignored. Don't bother bringing stats or data…that's elitist.

She "believes" in her gut that 90% of allegations are false… so it must be. Because we trust the gut over any thorough and thoughtful analysis and research any day of the week and twice on Sundays… That's the alternative fact America we live in. It doesn't matter what any so-called "expert" tells her… I mean, she's never been raped, so it probably never happens…

So does rape.

The odd thing about rape is people defending the rights of the accused to do not apply the same standards if the accused is Muslim.
Kind of odd I was equating your stance on men accused of rape as the same muslims apply to women under sharia. How do you square that circle?

So does rape.

Rape is a crime, a serious one. Report it to the police and let the justice system handle it.

But no, you want kangaroo courts that have no protection of the rights of the accused nor rule of law.

And as rape is an exceptionally difficult crime to properly investigate and prosecute, this is particularly also a crime which ought not be left to the unqualified to attempt to do so. More so than with most other sorts of crimes, this crime really needs to be investigated by proper legal authorities that have the necessary skill, knowledge, and authority to do so properly, and any determinate of guilt really needs to take place in a legitimate court of law. There is no other way to properly protect the rights of all involved.

Only 3% of rapists see the inside of a jail cell. I would say the police kind of suck at investigating it.

Another "statistic" you of the Khmer Rouge made up out of thin air....

Forum List

Back