🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

DeVos to make getting away with campus rape easy again

:lol:

What a fucking retard you are.

False rape charges ruin lives, time to put an end to this.
So does rape.

Which is why it is a crime handled by the police. Why are you democrats so opposed to that?
Who is opposed to it? No one. But schools, like any other entity have their own internal codes as well. Like the NFL, where a player gets fired or restricted for accusations of domestic violence, which also go to the police.
A football player still gets paid while it all shakes out and can sue for damages. You honestly can't see the difference here?
I don't think there is a lot of differences. Students can and have sued.
After what? Losing out on their education, no job prospects and a couple years later they may get something? How the hell is that any way to run a country of laws? Fuck it, we're going to prosecute and maybe later you can sue.

The odd thing about rape is people defending the rights of the accused to do not apply the same standards if the accused is Muslim.

I think this thread ought to have been moved to the Rubber Room right after this post.

So Sally can drink and whore it up but Biff can't. Interesting lack of logic there.

Works for me. Look, you guys really haven't made your case that there are lots of poor frat boys being accused of shit they didn't do.

Tawana Brawley rape allegations - Wikipedia
Duke lacrosse case - Wikipedia
Columbia University rape controversy - Wikipedia
Brian Banks (American football) - Wikipedia
Hofstra University rape case - Wikipedia

Actually no I don't. I have concerns with how it is handled on some campus.
Which is why you don't handle it on campus at all.
Yes you do. Campus are no different then any other entity.
They aren't the law. Why can't you come to grips with that?

Are you saying that business have no rights to set codes for conduct on their campus and enforce them?
You can have a code but it doesn't approach or circumvent the law. Why are you so against a rule of law?
Why are you saying it circumvents the rule of law? Is the victim prevented from going to the police? Is the accused prevented from suing for damages?

I think that schools should be required to report violent crimes to law enforcement, and a number of states now have laws that do require this.

Which still leaves the problem of not having met a reasonable burden of proving that the accused actually did anything to violate the university's policies. This would put the university in a position of being guilty of having violated the contract with that student, and of committing fraud against that student as well as libel.

It's only libel if it's public. Usually they are shown off the premises.

Again, the wronged party here is the girls who are being raped, not the guys doing the raping.
If it's not public, then how do we know about it? You're the world's biggest dumbass, Joe. You assumption that the accused is automatically guilty shows why you belong in a cage rather than running around loose.

So does rape.

Which is why it is a crime handled by the police. Why are you democrats so opposed to that?
Who is opposed to it? No one. But schools, like any other entity have their own internal codes as well. Like the NFL, where a player gets fired or restricted for accusations of domestic violence, which also go to the police.
A football player still gets paid while it all shakes out and can sue for damages. You honestly can't see the difference here?
After what? Losing out on their education, no job prospects and a couple years later they may get something? How the hell is that any way to run a country of laws? Fuck it, we're going to prosecute and maybe later you can sue.
I actually do agree, something needs to be changed.

Cowboys’ Ezekiel Elliott Suspended 6 Games on Domestic Violence Allegations

Suspended six games without pay for ALLEGATIONS of domestic violence and violating the leagues personal code of conduct.
I seem to remember you being all upset over corporations being people and donating to elections. So if corporations aren't just normal people in that regard how can you bestow upon them the duties of the judiciary? Are they normal people or not? Are they the law? I'm trying to figure out how a corporation can't donate to an election but is somehow entrusted with applying judicial sentencing.

I actually do agree, something needs to be changed.
Ok then. What needs changed?

Are you saying that business have no rights to set codes for conduct on their campus and enforce them?
You can have a code but it doesn't approach or circumvent the law. Why are you so against a rule of law?
Why are you saying it circumvents the rule of law? Is the victim prevented from going to the police? Is the accused prevented from suing for damages?

I think that schools should be required to report violent crimes to law enforcement, and a number of states now have laws that do require this.
Suing after you've been smeared and the university has kicked you out even though they had insufficient evidence to go to trial is not due process of law.

You bitches all have the mentality of Medieval savages. You're opposed to the very principles this country is founded on. You're the kind that scream to burn the witch at the stake.

Suspended six games without pay for ALLEGATIONS of domestic violence and violating the leagues personal code of conduct.
I seem to remember you being all upset over corporations being people and donating to elections. So if corporations aren't just normal people in that regard how can you bestow upon them the duties of the judiciary? Are they normal people or not? Are they the law? I'm trying to figure out how a corporation can't donate to an election but is somehow entrusted with applying judicial sentencing.
I'm not getting what you are saying here.

Any business has the right to determine standards of conduct and enforce them or apply penalties if they are violated. Those penalties are limited by the law of course. Are you saying they can not do it?

If I remember right, a teacher got fired for something she posted on Facebook.

Rape is a crime, a serious one. Report it to the police and let the justice system handle it.

But no, you want kangaroo courts that have no protection of the rights of the accused nor rule of law.

It should not be handled on campus. Nobody in the employ of a university is qualified to investigate and prosecute allegations of rape. This needs to be handled by those authorities that are qualified to do so.

It's not up to the school to report a crime. I don't care if they think there was one or not you call the cops and if the school interferes you sue the shit out of them but you still file the claim. The school has no power here. Fuck them.

Suing after you've been smeared and the university has kicked you out even though they had insufficient evidence to go to trial is not due process of law.

You bitches all have the mentality of Medieval savages. You're opposed to the very principles this country is founded on. You're the kind that scream to burn the witch at the stake.
You are the only one screaming.

It's not up to the school to report a crime. I don't care if they think there was one or not you call the cops and if the school interferes you sue the shit out of them but you still file the claim. The school has no power here. Fuck them.
The school shouldn't report crimes???

Rape is a crime, a serious one. Report it to the police and let the justice system handle it.

But no, you want kangaroo courts that have no protection of the rights of the accused nor rule of law.

It should not be handled on campus. Nobody in the employ of a university is qualified to investigate and prosecute allegations of rape. This needs to be handled by those authorities that are qualified to do so.

Sure. And the school has every right to conduct its own internal investigation according to its rules as well, like any other business.

I'm not getting what you are saying here.

Any business has the right to determine standards of conduct and enforce them or apply penalties if they are violated. Those penalties are limited by the law of course. Are you saying they can not do it?

If I remember right, a teacher got fired for something she posted on Facebook.
Posting something on facebook isn't a crime. Rape is. A facebook post that goes against company policy is in their bunk house. A rape isn't. The difference is if something reflects bad on the company but no law is broken they can deal with it. If crime has been committed they have nothing to be involved in.

The school shouldn't report crimes???
Sure they can, and should. But it's not up to them to investigate or prosecute. They report the crime, sit back and STFU.

Betsy DeVos Plans to Weaken Obama’s Campus Sexual Assault Rules

The Department of Education announced on Thursday that it will weaken a set of requirements for how colleges and universities are expected to handle cases of sexual assault on college campuses. In a speech at George Mason University in Virginia, Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos criticized a set of rules that the department hadissued in 2011 that, under Title IX, forced colleges to conduct their own investigations and stated police reports cannot be used to determine whether a violation occurred, because a criminal case requires stronger evidence.

The Department of Education will take comments from the public before issuing new guidelines, though DeVos’ remarks suggest that the new standard will likely to be a significant departure from the Obama-era rules. DeVos called the current process for handling sexual misconduct “shameful,” a “failed system,” and “wholly unAmerican.”

“The truth is that the system established by the prior administration has failed too many students,” DeVos said. “Survivors, victims of a lack of due process, and campus administrators have all told me that the current approach does a disservice to everyone involved.” Critics of the Obama-era rule have argued that it does not offer adequate due process for the students accused of sexual misconduct. Under the directive, institutions of higher education use the “preponderance of evidence” standard, which requires a 51 percent certainty in determining guilt. Sexual violence is often difficult to prove to a higher certainty, and false accusations are extremely rare. But in July, DeVos’ deputy in charge of civil rights suggested that 90 percent of sexual assault allegations at colleges are false.

I predict that testimony from experts in sexual assault investigation and prosecution, you know, police and prosecutors… will be ignored. Don't bother bringing stats or data…that's elitist.

She "believes" in her gut that 90% of allegations are false… so it must be. Because we trust the gut over any thorough and thoughtful analysis and research any day of the week and twice on Sundays… That's the alternative fact America we live in. It doesn't matter what any so-called "expert" tells her… I mean, she's never been raped, so it probably never happens…

Opinion | Betsy DeVos Ends a Campus Witch Hunt

Yet another one of your stone cold left wing lies.

Forum List

Back