Devout Christians should not be prevented from engaging in NCAA sports.

Well you would worry if your kids were mixing with weirdos like this. University is mainly about drinking,sleeping in and getting laid. Religious fanatics should not interfere with that.

Here's the thing. Religious fanatics don't interfere with it. They just don't participate in it. And that difference, (diversity) is what is under attack. And a need to punish others for their opinions now a days.

Can you tell the difference on the court? Do ORU basketball players wear offensive anti-gay slogans on their uniforms or have Bible pages stuffed in their socks? There is no difference except for beliefs and they pose no threat. This is the liberals wanting to cancel the university. It has nothing to do with sports. That's just the punishment du jour.

So, Tommy, how many players did not go to that university, but still hold to the same Christian values? Same Bible convictions, as ORU, but an OSU student instead. Should Ohio State University be cancelled next, or just the Christians that go there and participate in sports?

Oral Roberts is the team America will be cheering for in the Sweet 16

Loyola Chicago is Gods favorite

1616711579879.jpeg

Last edited:
What's sick is devoting your will to con man preachers and their wealth worship rather than following what the bible actually says.

Wouldn't know about that. But prohibiting a school from NCAA sports because they are Christian is Nazi bullshit.
Since all this is speculation it's hardly worth getting pissed off about but TV preachers being despicable con men is cold hard fact. Oral Roberts is built on a pack of lies and scared old ladies' SS checks. If that's what being a christian is all about it is no wonder people are abandoning religion. The example they are setting is doing more to serve atheism than any militant atheist could ever dream of.

It is disgusting that people who believe what they read in The Bible are in danger of being ejected from NCAA basketball. They are coming after Oral Roberts University now. Other colleges and universities that adhere to Biblical standards will be next. Christians in general will also be demonized for believing in the Bible.
If USA Today Is ‘Coming for Oral Roberts,’ It’s Coming for all Christians, Mohler Warns - Michael Foust (christianheadlines.com)

What does Christianity have to do with NCAA Basketball? Are you suggesting that the NCAA should adhere to notion that no one should play sports on Sunday?

I would respectfully suggest that these those who would force their particular brand of Christianity on others by forcing non-believers to sit on their asses on Sunday, should look up the "separation of Church and State". Those who wish to honor the Sabbath and do nothing but worship God, are free to do so. Those of us whose beliefs differ from those who attend Oral Roberts University, are under no obligation to sit on our asses and do nothing. THEIR rights aren't being violated if they refuse to play on Sunday or if don't wish to participate in a tournament which requires them to play on Sunday. OUR rights are being violated if Sunday games are cancelled.

This phony "war on Christianity" is just fucking bullshit, and I say this as a Christian woman. I am sick to death of these whiny right wing assholes who call themselves Christians, acting like their rights are being violated, while they try to force their version of Sharia Law on the rest of us.

Just in from the opinion desk at USA Today

"I spoke to the students of Oral Roberts University in 2019, in the times when we used to gather together in big groups. When I was there, I saw thousands of students passionate about their faith, their education and their desire to make a difference in the world. Such religious faith motivates all kinds of good actions our culture wants, from disaster relief to Eric Talley, the officer who bravely gave his life running into the mass shooting at a King Soopers in Boulder, Colorado, this week.

Yet, the mob has come for these college students. And this is our new reality.

Not just Oral Roberts
It’s easy to point out the eccentric elements of their history, but President Billy Wilson and the Oral Roberts faculty are well respected and the school is thriving. Yet, it apparently lacks the needed qualifications to play college sports today — a willingness to conform to the new moral dogma.

The dogma teaches that tolerance must mean agreement, then branding all who disagree as intolerant and harmful. Not satisfied that we respect opposing views on human sexuality, all must affirm homosexuality as acceptable within our own theology. There can no longer be any disagreement, only compliance.

This is a stunning 180 from the arguments we heard in 2009 when LGBTQ+ advocates maintained, “All we want is the right to marry. How will my gay marriage hurt you?” Now it’s: “We want your college accreditation, your athletic participation and more.”

We still have those discount Clutching Pearls on clearance too.

This is the liberals wanting to cancel the university. It has nothing to do with sports. That's just the punishment du jour.

Nothing liberal about it. You can't be a liberal then say and do illiberal things.

Liberal, progressive, left, global. All the same. And they are destroying our country...

Nobody is destroying the country that is not true. The nation is as strong as it's ever been due to the new generation of workers.

Well you would worry if your kids were mixing with weirdos like this. University is mainly about drinking,sleeping in and getting laid. Religious fanatics should not interfere with that.
University is mainly about drinking,sleeping in and getting laid

Thanks for clearing that up. That's a good argument for not having student loan forgiveness.

It is disgusting that people who believe what they read in The Bible are in danger of being ejected from NCAA basketball. They are coming after Oral Roberts University now. Other colleges and universities that adhere to Biblical standards will be next. Christians in general will also be demonized for believing in the Bible.
If USA Today Is ‘Coming for Oral Roberts,’ It’s Coming for all Christians, Mohler Warns - Michael Foust (christianheadlines.com)
Ya, I heard that Meg Griffin couldn’t get into Oral Roberts university because of those policies so she had to go to Anal Roberts.

It wasn’t easy to get in, but once in, it was smooth sailing.

Last edited:
The experts on christianity, the rich ones especially, will have a very hard time getting into heaven.

What does Christianity have to do with NCAA Basketball? Are you suggesting that the NCAA should adhere to notion that no one should play sports on Sunday?

I would respectfully suggest that these those who would force their particular brand of Christianity on others by forcing non-believers to sit on their asses on Sunday, should look up the "separation of Church and State". Those who wish to honor the Sabbath and do nothing but worship God, are free to do so. Those of us whose beliefs differ from those who attend Oral Roberts University, are under no obligation to sit on our asses and do nothing. THEIR rights aren't being violated if they refuse to play on Sunday or if don't wish to participate in a tournament which requires them to play on Sunday. OUR rights are being violated if Sunday games are cancelled.

This phony "war on Christianity" is just fucking bullshit, and I say this as a Christian woman. I am sick to death of these whiny right wing assholes who call themselves Christians, acting like their rights are being violated, while they try to force their version of Sharia Law on the rest of us.
Awesome, I've said it before, if they don't force their beliefs on you, you shouldn't be able to force your beliefs on them.

Just in from the opinion desk at USA Today

"I spoke to the students of Oral Roberts University in 2019, in the times when we used to gather together in big groups. When I was there, I saw thousands of students passionate about their faith, their education and their desire to make a difference in the world. Such religious faith motivates all kinds of good actions our culture wants, from disaster relief to Eric Talley, the officer who bravely gave his life running into the mass shooting at a King Soopers in Boulder, Colorado, this week.

Yet, the mob has come for these college students. And this is our new reality.

Not just Oral Roberts
It’s easy to point out the eccentric elements of their history, but President Billy Wilson and the Oral Roberts faculty are well respected and the school is thriving. Yet, it apparently lacks the needed qualifications to play college sports today — a willingness to conform to the new moral dogma.

The dogma teaches that tolerance must mean agreement, then branding all who disagree as intolerant and harmful. Not satisfied that we respect opposing views on human sexuality, all must affirm homosexuality as acceptable within our own theology. There can no longer be any disagreement, only compliance.

This is a stunning 180 from the arguments we heard in 2009 when LGBTQ+ advocates maintained, “All we want is the right to marry. How will my gay marriage hurt you?” Now it’s: “We want your college accreditation, your athletic participation and more.”

We still have those discount Clutching Pearls on clearance too.
Did those students hold a vigil for Officer Brain Sicknick?

Forum List

Back