Dick Cheney

And you have many less points than that. Anyone with good enough insurance to pay for a procedure like that would get that kind of treatment. Or someone who had enough money to pay cash.

Are you aware that there are no names or dollars signs on the list for transplants?

and that money plays no factor, not even insurance?

do you know how hard hospitals would get sued if they let someone die b/c of no insurance?

damn, dimmest bulb in the box.

you have no information other than what tv tells you.

You know you're losing an argument when you start with the personal attacks.

:lame2:

But nice try.

Once again; I know what I'm talking about and you haven't a clue.

Um...Mickey Mantle.....:eusa_shhh:

Um.... munching carpet on active duty/lying/receiving retirement/fraudulant enlistment.

More?

I always enjoy you working hard to prove my point about you correct. :clap2:

BTW....thank you again for that substantial retirement check I get monthly from your tax payments. It primarily is icing on the cake, but still appreciated.

Yeah, my carpet-munching self says thanks too! No sea too rough, no muff too tough!

As for Cheney, best tweet I saw was:

Dick Cheney got a new heart and the old heart became 3 Horcruxes.

followed by:

I congratulate Dick Cheney's doctors for finding a heart donor whose blood type was also Sith.

I personally wish the former VP the speediest recovery.

do you know how hard hospitals would get sued if they let someone die b/c of no insurance?

It's more than just fear of lawsuits. I suspect that is far down the list, actually. Organ procurement and transplant programs are exceedingly careful to avoid even the hint of impropriety and discrimination in their determinations as to who gets what and when. They are fighting an uphill battle as it is, they certainly are not going to risk it all by giving anyone preferential treatment outside their set criteria.

He is just lucky he got it before
Papa Obama care fully kicks in...

Can you point to the part of Obamacare that does not cover Heart Transplants?

It is a quality issue

One only needs to look at the Post Office or the local DMV
to see that quality may be an issue when it comes to gov't
process and deliver of product

Oh he would have got it, on paper
Wait times, he would have just died waiting longer for it

Last edited:
Plenty
Since Medicare Part A is mandated
at his age, he must have it

As such, it must be primary

My father was a federal employee, and never paid into social security or Medicare and thus doesn't have either benefit. Dad receives federal retirement and has federal employee health insurance (administered through Blue Cross---it's a helluva policy, btw).

He's only a few years older than Mr. Cheney, so perhaps the same applies here.

Perhaps, it does depend on when your dad retired and
how long in the service of the gov't

but after 1983
CSRS gov't federal employees had to contribute
and later on under the new retirement system- FERS federal gov't employees

Part B is still optional

Dad retired in late '85 / early '86 with over 30 years service. It might be that Mr. Cheney's retirement and insurance had an opt-out. He may have been forced to pay into the system, but I don't know that he is forced to take those same benefits.

That's an ethical dilemma. However, I take issue with the implication that 500 people were denied hearts because this person received a transplant.

And no matter which one of the 501 got the ticker, there would still be 500 who didn't.

The basis for the privilege can be a combination of waiting list and tissue compatibility. But once doctors, insurance companies and freaking government types start making such choices on some amorphous "quality" of life basis, where they claim to determine whose life is more worthy, we are going to have some bigger problems.

Um.... munching carpet on active duty/lying/receiving retirement/fraudulant enlistment.

More?

BTW....thank you again for that substantial retirement check I get monthly from your tax payments. It primarily is icing on the cake, but still appreciated.

Yeah, my carpet-munching self says thanks too! No sea too rough, no muff too tough!

followed by:

I congratulate Dick Cheney's doctors for finding a heart donor whose blood type was also Sith.

The Schwartz is strong with Dick.

ok, that was below the belt. :redface:

and so was that

:lol:

My father was a federal employee, and never paid into social security or Medicare and thus doesn't have either benefit. Dad receives federal retirement and has federal employee health insurance (administered through Blue Cross---it's a helluva policy, btw).

He's only a few years older than Mr. Cheney, so perhaps the same applies here.

but after 1983

Part B is still optional

Dad retired in late '85 / early '86 with over 30 years service. It might be that Mr. Cheney's retirement and insurance had an opt-out. He may have been forced to pay into the system, but I don't know that he is forced to take those same benefits.

Cheney
After 1983 with enough time in
Yes, he gets Part A

Someone like your dad, since he had to pay a few years and was under the old system CSRS, could have opted out, when he retired in 1985.
It would not have given him enough time. Then again, if your Mom worked and had enough time, your Dad could have possibly qualified under her
to get Part A and still kept his insurance, not sure on that one...

Last edited:

That's an ethical dilemma. However, I take issue with the implication that 500 people were denied hearts because this person received a transplant.

And no matter which one of the 501 got the ticker, there would still be 500 who didn't.

The basis for the privilege can be a combination of waiting list and tissue compatibility. But once doctors, insurance companies and freaking government types start making such choices on some amorphous "quality" of life basis, where they claim to determine whose life is more worthy, we are going to have some bigger problems.
Those decisions are made all the time, always have been. In determining who gets assigned to a transplant list, for example, they do consider the probability of a viable outcome and resultant quality of life. It isn't saying that the lives of those denied services are less worthy, it's just a matter of responsible (and realistic) allocation of limited resources.

More?

followed by:

Get A Room You Two!!

and a camera

but after 1983

Part B is still optional

Cheney
Yes, he gets Part A

Someone like your dad, since he had to pay a few years and was under the old system CSRS, could have opted out, when he retired in 1985.
It would not have given him enough time. Then again, if your Mom worked and had enough time, your Dad could have possibly qualified under her
to get Part A.

Are elected officials allowed to opt out?

I misspoke a bit in my earlier post. I think Dad may have paid into SS a few years before he was hired by the gov't. Not many, tho'. I'd have to ask him about that to say for sure.

More?

followed by:

zzzzzzzzzzz.

Another mindless lib bleating the same trite lib lines.

Seabiscuit may be unoriginal, but at least she's dull.

did he skip ahead of anyone else in line & who paid for it?

would you ask that about ted kennedy, or clinton ? opportunistic alinsky, remember that he wouldn't have need the transplant if it weren't for people like you.

Cheney
Yes, he gets Part A

to get Part A.

Are elected officials allowed to opt out?

I misspoke a bit in my earlier post. I think Dad may have paid into SS a few years before he was hired by the gov't. Not many, tho'. I'd have to ask him about that to say for sure.

Now,
they are under the same system as all Federal employees, FERS
As far as I know, they can not opt out

On paper, it is like working any other job when it comes
to SS and Medicare payments

Forum List

Back